FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question....I've finally got round to starting my game and completly rearranged back room staff and brought afew players in.

The problem is I dont seem for the life of me to defend set pieces especially corners. Have you set anything to defend them or is just a case of training on defending set pieces ?

Cheers

1198EB72C83C2493FD54AAE532B6981E902A3020

made 2 substitutions, on 60.. got the goal, had RvP running around injured as well.

1305DF979C049850FABDEA6B802BF66509F75935

cant complain about this part though, gets frustrating, last few games had a couple of undeserved draws or conceded goals (AI divers for pens, random rubbish pass backs etc) but still top

3941E778D1FBA5CF997BE1F624680B3BB5A63100

backup for Shaw.

Bought him for 44m after 2nd season.. Liverpool had bad 2nd season and before the season ended I declared interest in him and then he wanted to join. He is just backup for Januzaj. Januzaj was my best player in 3rd season playing in amr position.

Just had youth intake in second season and this guy has appeared... If the coaches are correct about this guy, then I've got a real problem on my hands... How will I train him when I've got such a good goalkeeper in De Gea?

download?id=bbSfylxylPr0OIOOjTXEPTbgyhZ5E4

Not a fan of his eccentricity to be honest..

January transfer window in 2nd season and Ive just spent the most amount of money on one player ever, on any Football or Championship Manager game! £83 million for James Rodriguez from Real Madrid, I was actually shaking when I handed that (virtual) cash over ha ha!

My scouts at United cheked out hummels for me. They concluded with: He is not comming anyway, there is no need to try at all! I signed Vertonghen thou, plays really good!!!!

Wilfried Zaha ended up as "young player of the year" in the first season for Palace. The next season he plays a game now and then for me. And I think he will be a good player!

After the first season was over. I sended Falcao back to Monaco didn`t become a hit and he was injured all the time. I sold, Young, Ando, Carrick, Hernandez and Rafael. I also sold JOnes to Arsenal. He demanded to play in the Champions League. Afterwords I used most of the transfer Budget to buy Gonzalo Higuain! He score goals, he score goals and after that, he score more goals!

After Higuain had signed the contract i regreted for a couple of seconds. I had to give him a whooooole lot of money as week payment, including bonuses for almost every thing :p But his agent "only" demanded first team player as player status. And i will consider him as a good buy, but he is expensive!

As mentioned I sold Rafael to Real Madrid. When they showed up, he was not that interesting in United anymore. To replace him I bought Kyle Walker. Rafael is a better right back, but Walker is doing well, and Smalling is also doing a good job as a right back.

I'm having this problem. De Gea unsettled the likes of Rooney, Di Maria, Phil Jones and Rafael because he wanted Champs league. I said he couldn't move and that we would have champs league next year. He didn't care what I had to say.

Phil Jones demanded a move to Arsenal, but has since backed down. Real problem with morale atm.

I had to sell Jones to Arsenal as well! Buhu, Champions League I want..... I convinced him to stay the rest of the season, but then he still got pissed off, the Whole team as well. Most of them thought i should sell him to Arsenal. Later on I sold Saido Janko, is that his right name? Then Wayne Rooney got MAD. Ryan Giggs told me to arrange a team-meeting beacause Rooney (captain) had told the whole team that I sold one of the new big stars of the club. On the other hand, I listned to my scouts who all was agreed on, I should get rid off Janko, he is never going to be anything after all.

Sometimes I think maybe all this mental stuff in the game is getting a little bit to much attention, but it is kind a cool to

Morning lads, i'm looking for a bit of advice. Im currently after passing new years day on my first season with United but I have a problem, all of my Strikers are badly out of sorts!! Falcao and Rvp especially they have scored 3 and 4 goals respectively so far this season although im only playing one up front I alternate due to injuries etc... My problem seems to be with my assistant manager Mauro Tassoti who looks after General training. Hes seems to be concentrating more on the defensive side in the build up to games against crap sides and i'm comin away with alot of 1-0 wins. Im second in the league but feel I should be doing better. Tasottis attacking training is only 7 but everything else is brilliant. I had to get rid of Giggs as his stats were poor. Can anyone recommend a solution to my proble or another assistant manager to sign.. Thanks

Morning lads, i'm looking for a bit of advice. Im currently after passing new years day on my first season with United but I have a problem, all of my Strikers are badly out of sorts!! Falcao and Rvp especially they have scored 3 and 4 goals respectively so far this season although im only playing one up front I alternate due to injuries etc... My problem seems to be with my assistant manager Mauro Tassoti who looks after General training. Hes seems to be concentrating more on the defensive side in the build up to games against crap sides and i'm comin away with alot of 1-0 wins. Im second in the league but feel I should be doing better. Tasottis attacking training is only 7 but everything else is brilliant. I had to get rid of Giggs as his stats were poor. Can anyone recommend a solution to my proble or another assistant manager to sign.. Thanks

I had problems with all three strikers until around January/February as well where suddenly RVP hit form and got about 10 in 10 before an injury, in his absence Falcao hit form and ended the season as top goalscorer in the league (with 75% of his goals coming post February). Rooney sadly ended the season with 7 goals in all competitions. I kept Giggs and much of our training is defensive. It seemed to me they clicked into form once they were truely comfortable with my formations so maybe stick with them another while, try and have heavy training for your tactics and hopefully they will start banging in goals.

I got Pogba for £55mil in the first season during summer. I had to negotiate hard but they eventually gave in. I'm guessing that his price will only go up the longer you wait as I've heard someone in here paid £90mil in the second season.

Don't even go near Vidal, he may look good but he is pants!

Yeah that was me, I paid 97m for him haha, and so far hes not really worth 20 lol

I have far too much attacking talent in centre of midfield and in the more attacking, but yet I have agreed to sign 2 new attacking midfielders, one being gotze, but his contracts up so couldn't resist. I can't keep the ones I have happy so adding 2 more is ging to be fun. I am also going to go for Ronaldo again in the summer lol

So I am afraid the time has come for me to move on to another save. I loaded up fm this morning went to load my save and it wouldn't load. Tried 3 times to no avail :( I was just at the end of season 3, had already won the community shield, super cup, world club championship, capital one cup, the league with 8 games left( had 2 games left to play and had 97 points!) and was in the finals of the FA Cup and Champions league. I am well peed off was really enjoying that save.

What does everyone do when choosing managerial type? I kept the slider in the middle, selected 'Sunday league player' and selected the very lowest of coaching qualifications, so all my stats were at 1 or 2.

I have never experienced such a bad run in all my time playing FM. We were 11th in January, losing the same amount as we had won. The players didn't listen to my teamtalks, most said I lacked credibility. I was even worse than Moysie. I got sacked at the end of January, just days after beating Liverpool 3-1 at Old Trafford.

Does everyone just make themselves the best they possibly can do when starting a game up?

Me and my luck.. First game after the hotfix, away against Manchester City. A decent 1-1 tie keeps the title chances alive (I'm in mid April on first season) but Di Maria gets injured for 8-10 months!! I already have Mata off for a long time, 5-6 months.

I guess I have to splash some cash in the summer window..

So I am afraid the time has come for me to move on to another save. I loaded up fm this morning went to load my save and it wouldn't load. Tried 3 times to no avail :( I was just at the end of season 3, had already won the community shield, super cup, world club championship, capital one cup, the league with 8 games left( had 2 games left to play and had 97 points!) and was in the finals of the FA Cup and Champions league. I am well peed off was really enjoying that save.

you need to change to 3 files autosave rolling

if i didnt use that i would lose all my saves due to crash dumps while saving

you need to change to 3 files autosave rolling

if i didnt use that i would lose all my saves due to crash dumps while saving

I do use it but it goes back a few months, I had some cracking games in that time which will never happen again. Makes me lose a bit of interest :(

Transfer window of the second season is out the way and after the board told me that minimum seasons expectations were to retain the league and the FA Cup and quarter-finals of Champions League I had to rethink my transfer policy as I was only going to buy a striker to play when I wanted to rest Rooney and possibly a AM L or R.

a6TLUcy.png?1

Silly money I know but good purchases none the less.

Pogba was a long shot but some of the money was upfront and the majority over 30 odd months

Micah Richards seemed like a no brainer as he was released and quite happy to accept a "back-up" role.

3 games in and looking very solid defensively.

tcvFkn6.png?1

Has anyone signed Bonucci, I'm coming up to the end of the transfer window (start of the second season) and have yet to sign any defenders. He's available for about £37.5m I think it was and with clauses I can afford him. Anyone had any experience with him? Scouts say he'd be my best center back and he had a great season with Juventus but I'm not sure at such a high price. I looked at Hummels but he went to Madrid and Godin but with his agents 50% he's too expensive.

Has anyone signed Bonucci, I'm coming up to the end of the transfer window (start of the second season) and have yet to sign any defenders. He's available for about £37.5m I think it was and with clauses I can afford him. Anyone had any experience with him? Scouts say he'd be my best center back and he had a great season with Juventus but I'm not sure at such a high price. I looked at Hummels but he went to Madrid and Godin but with his agents 50% he's too expensive.

I haven't personally but I would recommend playing Michael Keane as much as possible, I am coming to the end of my third season and after playing him for the past 2 seasons(plus a few games here and there from the first) and training him up as much as possible he is now one of the best defenders in the world, I have him and Jones as my starting cb partnership and they are amazing together. I spend all my money on attacking players and just train the youth in defence and it has been worth it

I haven't personally but I would recommend playing Michael Keane as much as possible, I am coming to the end of my third season and after playing him for the past 2 seasons(plus a few games here and there from the first) and training him up as much as possible he is now one of the best defenders in the world, I have him and Jones as my starting cb partnership and they are amazing together. I spend all my money on attacking players and just train the youth in defence and it has been worth it

Agreed. I'm actually annoyed that he's out on loan at the start of the game. I was gonna use him as my backup right back. Instead I'm gonna be training McNair to play there.

So I finally started my proper long term United save. Turn off budgets for the first transfer window so no signings yet.

Preseason has been a struggle. Fitness issues and tactical struggles had me in a bit of a foul mood yesterday. I'm about to start the season and my only fit striker Rooney (barely so).

I have a 4411 and the real issue with it has been my AMC (an AP-a) basically sitting up field next to the striker whenever we are defending. It's somewhat annoying seeing that. I mean if I wanted a second striker I would use a second striker or an SS.

I remember someone in the tactics forum saying something along the lines of, amongst the AM and ST roles, if a player has a attack duty they'll stay up the pitch while support roles come back and defend. It's certainly starting to look that way.

I figured it might change once my team became fluid with the tactic but it hasn't. It also doesn't matter who I play there. I'll play my first match of the season and see how things go. Maybe things will change when I play a competitive match.

Or maybe I should go back to a 442. At least I know a CF-s/DLF-s will track back and defend.

So just finished season 1. Only won the league.

343p8bm.jpg

Here are my results

16h6jrm.jpg

x1ghw3.jpg

2v3ocqu.jpg

And here are the squad stats

5wiaag.jpg

1zx84ec.jpg

Lost in FA Cup semi-final to City and was beaten in QF of League Cup.

Very impressed with Januzaj although the problem is keeping him fit. Falcao began to come good 2nd half of the season. Rojo was a beast for me also. Cleverly and Anderson were offered new deals, Fletcher wasn't. Undecided on whether Tielemens and Grealish will play for me or spend time out on loan. I think one or two signings at most will be signed.

To the ones who signed Pogba, has he been worth the money? I'm starting season 2 soon and I felt that I want one world class midfield in my squad. He's young and seems top class. Juventus agreed on a deal of about 70m and I managed to negotiate a contract with his agent (190k per week and a crazy 10m signing on fee +9m for the agent). I'm going to end up paying way too much, but you only live once, right? :)

So the question is, is he worth it? I'd place him in midfield as a roaming playmarker. I played Di Maria there on first season, but he will remain injured at least until Christmas.

If you want to stick to that formation just change the AP to support, he will still attack but will be much more help and in better positions when defending

Forgot to mention that I would give that a try as well.

How do people find Away matches? cause personally regardless of whether i win, lose or draw i am always dominated by the opposition in terms of possession and shots and it seems that no matter how good the opposition are they are in complete control of the game.

How do people find Away matches? cause personally regardless of whether i win, lose or draw i am always dominated by the opposition in terms of possession and shots and it seems that no matter how good the opposition are they are in complete control of the game.

Personally I find them no different to home matches, I still dominate them

Started what i hope to be a long term save, disabled transfers in the first window.. and well, iv been happily surprised with how its gone so far!!

Fixtures http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/Brads-Wigan/ScreenShot2014-11-29at182552_zps63cfeaf6.png

League http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/Brads-Wigan/ScreenShot2014-11-29at182603_zps0ab25c54.png

Team Stats http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/Brads-Wigan/ScreenShot2014-11-29at182619_zps9f510da7.png

The only slip up being away at Saints.. with them getting a 90+2 minute equaliser, im also very pleased with how iv performed in the big games!!

RVP been injured, so mainly started Rooney with Falcao being a deadly sub!

Anyone had many probs with Shaw being very injury prone aswell??

End of Season 3 and it has been a good year. Hit all my targets for the season and I am now in the list of the best ever managers in England and Europe :)

This is how the league finished, broke more records, most points, longest winning streak which was 18 I think, most goals scored.

rsz_barclays_premier_league_overview_profile.jpg

We won everything we entered :)

rsz_competitions_competitions.jpg

Here are the player stats for the year. Rooney and Neymar were exeptional

rsz_squad_players_players.jpg

Rooney scored 40 odd but he went on a 12 game or so streak without scoring so god knows what he woud have got if he was on fire in them as well.

rsz_schedule_senior_fixtures_2.jpg

rsz_schedule_senior_fixtures.jpg

So onto next season and I don't really know where to go from here. I know we can beat anyone. I still want to go unbeaten for the season. I am going to sell off a few players and bring in some more.

I don't know what to do about Rooney, he's getting on a bit now so do I cash in on hi or keep him till he retires? Wilson is now one of the best strikers in the world by stats so he needs more games and I have another young lad who is very ready for the big time.

Got some thinking to do. Also my England career is going great so far, payed 7 won 6 drew 1 scored 25 conceded none. Using the same tactic I use for United and a lot of the players as well so smashing the world cup group :

Fixtures for the season below :)

Archived