FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

you guys struggling to keep Shaw fit?

frustrating he keeps picking up injuries, i dont think hes been able to play 3 games in a row all season

He's not had many injuries but did get a lower back stress fracture so he was out for about 2-3 months. Having said that when fit he's a top player. Dunno how i keep him fit as i have all players on High workload for training......must be luck

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good I love Reus..

The man is f*****g awesome. I had trouble getting him to bed into the team with my initial tactics but since changing to the current one im using he's been great and is getting plenty of goals by ghosting in as a IFa, especially with the Cuts Inside PPM

Then again i've got him in a AM Strata three of: Reus IFa (AML), Di Maria APa (AMC) and Cuadrado Wa (AMR)

Im in january first season now , sold Valencia for 8.5m(euro) . Now trying to buy Turkish FC Enal and other youngsters like Ajer , Hou Saeter, Luis Valdez .

Also pre signed Sascha Horvath and Bakkali for next season.

I got Luis Valdez on a pre-contract, also i've got Ajer, Hou Saeter and Horvath. Bakkali joining in the summer. Ajer and Hou Saeter are improving well in my U21 and Horvath is doing well on loan for me.

I got Luis Valdez on a pre-contract, also i've got Ajer, Hou Saeter and Horvath. Bakkali joining in the summer. Ajer and Hou Saeter are improving well in my U21 and Horvath is doing well on loan for me.

Nice we are buying the same youngsters :) How is the young goalkeeper Pereira improving ? Anyone has a screenshot from him in season 3/4 ? i read somewhere he has high PA

Anyone faced problem of goals being scored against your team that are really limp goals? like they are totally not realistic at all??

I played Chelsea last night in the BPL and Hazard scored at the 9th minute with what i will call a lame shot. the ball was bouncing and just looked really really impossible to go in, but some how DDG managed to let that in, i replayed the goal and saw that he did not even stretch out his hands, it's like he purposely let the ball in...

I know the match engines aren't meant to be totally realistic, but good God, it's ******* to watch your multi-million dollar players play like high-schoolers and they even ran like 3year olds!

Recently started a new game, made some decent signings.

Set up a deal for William Carvalho - Ten million up front with add ons for goals appearances etc and a one season loan back.

When it came to finalizing his management team asked for 12 million more. I rejected it (in haste) and am now slightly regretting it.

Is he worth that kind of cash - or is there some other young player who can replace him? Leon Goretzka maybe?

I spent £9m on securing 3 young Romanian's in Niscor Stanciu, Gabriel Iancu and Dorin Rotariu. My scouts are particularly excited about Rotariu claiming he could become one of the best players at the club.

Aside from them I've brought in Reus and Dede who have walked I to the team. My only other real business is currently being negotiated, talks are on going to being either Lars or Sven Bender to the club, not sure who to go with.. Leaning towards Lars.

Set up a deal for William Carvalho - Ten million up front with add ons for goals appearances etc and a one season loan back.

When it came to finalizing his management team asked for 12 million more. I rejected it (in haste) and am now slightly regretting it.

Is he worth that kind of cash - or is there some other young player who can replace him? Leon Goretzka maybe?

Might be worth checking out either or both of : Johannes Geis, Joshua Kimmich or Carlos Gurezo. All look top drawer.

Lucas Romero, Matias Kranevitter, Joshua Kimmich, Sergiy Sydorchuk (if WP is passed), Denys Garmash.

If you are feeling there is too much money to spend, buy the first 2 and throw 50m at Juventus for Paul Pogba. Thats your midfield sorted for the next 10 seasons at least :D

am i the only one that cant score from crosses! doesnt say alot about my tactical prowess considering everyone else is scoring them for fun. cleon has even stopped playing until the issue is addressed!!

Here are 2 screenshots of my tactic for reference, I score alot from crosses (mostly Luke Shaw & Rafael bombing down the flanks) and Falcao finishing it off. No guarantees it will work though, I might have just struck gold with Shaw/Rafael's crossing and form :D

A little explanation of how this tactic works. As you can see Luke Shaw (or whatever left back you intend to use) has the freedom of the entire flank to himself, he will be supported by a) the Roaming Playmaker pulling wide & b) the Defensive Forward pulling wide/coming deep. The entire idea is to give the ball to the CWB who will then take on his man and swing in a cross for the Poacher or whoever is lucky to enough to on the end of it. Of course, not every cross must come from the left flank, you have a right back too :D

IyJv1hH.jpg

s7GeSP3.jpg

I picked up Sergi Samper for £11m and he looks like he could be top class in the DM position. I also got Youri Tielemans in for a similar fee and my assistants report says he "has the potential to be a world class central midfielder"

I picked up Sergi Samper for £11m and he looks like he could be top class in the DM position. I also got Youri Tielemans in for a similar fee and my assistants report says he "has the potential to be a world class central midfielder"

Only reason I'm avoiding Samper is because I want to ensure I can loan whoever I buy out until I'm back in the Champions League, and no point in loaning him back to Barca (picky I know!) Although it will likely end up as him and try and loan him to someone else.

Thanks to Hoarau and oneronaldo for suggestions also! Will scout these guys and hopefully they'll be a fraction of the cost of Carvalho!

Just played my first games on the 'full game' and Falcao still scoring( 34th league goal in 22 games !!) and Rafael still crossing/assisting (15th assist in 19th games for him)

Also decided to let Carrick go and probably will sell herrera at the end of this season. Romero en Hughes are doing a damn good job in the midfield and Fellaini and Mata are fit. Di maria also almost fit after missing him since september.

Just in January and sold Young to Everton but still paying him £50k a week. Cant get rid of Anderson. Recalled Cleverly from loan and cant shift him either.

Brought In Branescu (GK) who will be mainly sent out on loan to develop. Agreed deals to bring in Bakalli and Kimmich on pre-contract agreements

AF

RVP struggling with injuries but somehow is my top scorer still

ive got a dilemma in the summer whether to give rvp a new contract or sign falcao

In my Beta save I got rid of both of them and took Cavani from PSG :brock: Falcao made my decision easier after he got himself for the final 2 months of the season.

Of course...that was kinda exploiting the player exchange bug that should be well patched by now. :o

What are people getting out of RvP? I think I'm going to have to either let Falcao leave at the end of the first season or, possibly, sell RvP to fund a permanent move for Falcao. Being a couple of years younger, and having seen Rooney and Falcao outperform RvP so far (and James Wilson do well when called upon) I'm tempted to let him go.

nothing wrong with picking up Samper, loan back? nah, I'm regretting loaning players back already as I have already lost di Maria and Falcao to injury.... in the first flipping league game :mad: everyone in this game gets injured, scouts find players.... they are injured... signed a player, and he did his cruciates while i was waiting for the work permit.

Brought in Rúben Neves from Porto for 17m, in the third season. I was actually in for him the season before but we couldn't thrash out a deal ( i tried to low ball). Amazing prospect who can play in two positions that we really need... DM and RB. He is the new Lucas Romero for me this year.

My new signing, that will be joining at the start of the 2015/16 season.

Inbox_Inbox_zpsa59b1608.png

He's gonna destroy my wage budget but i'll more than likely be moving RVP on and i wont be keeping Falcao as he's just not done it for me this season. Besides it allows me to run with Rooney, Werner and Wilson as my strikers with Bale, Reus, Di Maria, Januzaj and Cuadrado in the AM positions.

I started a new save in the beta, like many others I had a hard time signing players. I tried to get Hummels and Vidal without no luck. My biggest suprise was Valencia, he is a player that I usually sell quite quickly along with Young and Cleverly. Since I couldn't I used him. He scored 23 goals in his first season and 24 the one after and being one of my best players.

I signed:

Iver Fossum 700k, Eder Alvarez Balanta for 12.25m, Mattia De Sciglio for 27.5m, Galls for free, Quique for 725k, Gabriel Barbosa for 8.25m and in January Lucas Romero for 10.75m.

Sold:

Asheley Young for 12m to Tottenham.

The next year I spent around the same, but sold for around 93m. Guys like Smalling, Rafael, Powell, Cleverly, Hernandez, Fellaini.

I finished 7th the first year, 1st the second, 5th the third year and 1st the 4th. I'm now finally finding my stride with the game and team.

Check this out everyone! :D

It's the first season. One match before the final match in the league. We need a win to stay two points in front of Newcastle who won their match one day earlier and is now one point in front of us.

We were 2-0 up just for Burnley to pull level when in the last minute of the match (94th minute) Robin van Persie does this! :cool:

[video=youtube_share;QCmIeqpZINs]

Check this out everyone! :D

It's the first season. One match before the final match in the league. We need a win to stay two points in front of Newcastle who won their match one day earlier and is now one point in front of us.

We were 2-0 up just for Burnley to pull level when in the last minute of the match (94th minute) Robin van Persie does this! :cool:

[video=youtube_share;QCmIeqpZINs]

Love it! :D

So finished my first and second season, in the first season I won the league quite comfortably now into the 2nd season it was a tighter affair as Chelsea pushed me all the way but we manager to come out on top:

1AxFFEO.png

Also we won the Champions League:

DIDlFgl.png

Beating Chelsea to a Cup yet again :D

Now into the 3rd season and we have started of brilliantly in the League:

p56K3hj.png

My first 11 is as follows:

s6j5EC8.png

The bench changes every game but I have a hard time selecting it more than the first 11 :p

I also have Stones coming in as a backup RB and hopefully first team CB one day :cool:

Tactics are starting to be annoying, one moment they work, change a few players and they become useless.

few tinkerings pre match with my 4-4-2

9A7AD5021E6B2E5A09DCC2A60E8B85E5449AFB50

change a few players...

C55D026FBA8E28F5C8647A2973EDE91304887464

my scout was in Mexico and recommended this FM favourate

7173C71D3EE64CF53E1C00B2ABA83C75D87B0FE7

Injuries are getting annoying now.

Rafael out with a fractured wrist... a transfer fell through on a 19 old because he did his cruciates waiting on the work permit

AD399BBBA674B2FF097BC672B936A69905075723

this is after TWO league games and a cup game.

Manchester United 2014/15

Started my Manchester United save last night, played for 4 hours and got as far as playing 2 or my 12 pre-season friendlies, as I was overhauling my training, coaches and scouting while looking for a few players myself.

Managed to bring back a few United favourites to the coaching set up:

Rene...

2m5c9cy.png

Beckham...

2yvmjc0.png

Stam...

2eqc1so.png

Also have my eyes on Paul Scholes, who won't talk about a contract just yet, but also Phil & Gary Neville too.

Transfers:

I immediately transfer listed Anderson, Young, Amos & Lindegaard, and luckily offloaded Young (£15m to Spurs) and Anderson (£4.8m to West Ham):

b3k2gk.png

2guwt42.png

I've tied up a deal for Eder Balanta for around £4.8m, leaving me with Evans, Jones, Balanta, Smalling, Rojo, Blackett, McNair for centre back, though I think I might be able to get £15m for Smalling, so may cash in? Also talking with Youri Tielemans for £11m, which will probably spell the end of Darren Fletcher.

Tactically, I've gone with:

-------------- GK --------------

------ CB --- CB --- CB ------

RWB ------------------- LWB

------------- CDM -------------

------- CAM ---- CAM -------

---------- AP ----- CF ----------

Looking at the squad, I'm planning the following:

GK: De Gea, {NEW SIGNING}, Johnstone

RWB: Rafael, Valencia

LWB: Shaw

CB: Evans, Jones, Balanta, Smalling, Rojo, Blackett, McNair

CDM: Carrick, Blind, Fletcher

CAM: Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Fellaini

AP: Rooney, Januzaj

CF: RvP, Falcao, Wilson

Looking at signing Falcao permanently, then try to bring in Valdes on a free for back up goalkeeper.

Brilliant for me, average rating of around 7.5 or so and scoring about 15 goals a season :)

Nice, I'm going to try and develop him, he scored a hat trick in a pre-season friendly for me.

In the first window, what sort of top/marquee players are available?

Can you get players Reus, Hummels, Khedira etc to join? Or is there anyone else?

Carrying on;

PL: Swansea (H) 2-0

LC: Chelsea (A) 1-2

PL: Manchester City (A) 1-0

PL: Aston Villa (H) 4-1

Ok, i lost to Chelsea but it's the league cup and I had an unfit returning from injury squad. Scored 1-0 in the first minute but just couldn't cope in the end with Costa, Oscar, Hazard and co.

The City game, I battered them. Rooney in particular misses so many easy chances. And Aston Villa scored 3 goals in that 4-1 game.

Van Persie wants away for first team football, he's missed a lot until the Chelsea game because he's constantly injured. Annoyed that he doesn't recognise this, I refuse to play a striker who's not fit, especially not in a one central striker tactic. >_>

Storming onwards: Tough fixture run in cos, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all bunched up isn't a particularly nice run of games.

Liverpool (A): 1-1

Away to Anfield, we secure a draw thanks to an own goal. We played awful in the first half and battered them in the second.

Arsenal (H): 1-1

Battered them, but could not find a way through, we had to fight back from 0-1 down when Giroud got a sweet turn-and-shoot through Smalling's legs. -_-

Chelsea (A): 4-3

Shock victory! Van Persie missed a penalty in the first minute and I thought 'oh dear...' Anderson, Rojo and Rafael net for us, Diego Costa smashes in a hattrick for them and Januzaj popped up with an absolute corker of a freekick to give us the win. Brilliant match.

Newcastle (H) 2-0

Back to relative comfort, The Toon never got out of their half and had to fend of 26 shots and 8 clear cut chances and yes, only Di Maria and Mata bothered to stick it in the net. Should and could have been 10-0.

West Ham (A) 1-0

I respect West Ham, they're a notorious sticky team for United. Away and in torrential rain, not much fun, Evans nets off a corner.

Southampton (H) 2-1

Needed a Van Persie penalty to sneak through as we got a bit complacent.

Leicester City (A) 4-0

Another Van Persie penalty put us on our way, alongside a brace from Januzaj. This game was marred by the players getting very nervous though.

Stoke City (H) 3-0

Easy win.

Everton (A) 2-2

Everton are a tough nut, they were resilient opposition on the opening day of the season but here they almost ruined things for me. Daley Blind netted an 85th minute equaliser to keep us top of the table though.

FA CUP Third Round: Everton (H) 2-1

The FA CUP! Januzaj and Evans score for a comfortable win. Everton net in the 93rd minute, this game saw the most ridiculous referee ever, despite doing twice as many fouls as us, Everton never got a booking. -_-

Tottenham (H) 4-3

Took a 3-1 lead then almost squandered it.

Tottenham (A) 3-1

These two fixtures are bunched up because of Spurs being in the Europa League. We won 3-1, and we played 20 minutes with 10 men due to injuries. The media said Spurs dominated, and they may well be right but we were clinical in front of goal.

Crystal Palace (A) 1-0

Struggled here, but got the win. I notice I'm not particularly amazing against a flat 4-5-1!

FA Cup 4th Round: Leeds United (A) 2-1

Played the youth team, Leeds took an early lead, Harrop netted in the 45th+2 injury time for 1-1, super sub Di Maria netted in the 90+5th minute injury time for the winner. Love it!

West Brom (H) 4-0

Rooney sets up 3 and scores in his super-sub return (all goals post 75th minute) from injury.

Burnley (A) 1-0

Simple win really, Rooney again.

Sunderland (H) 2-1

Rooney on a purple patch, scores 2 including a penalty.

QPR (A) 2-2

Unbelievable game, QPR equalise in the 93rd minute, Van Persie misses a penalty in the 95th... Was fuming!

FA Cup 5th Round: Stoke (H) 5-2

Van Persie makes amends with a hat-trick.

Manchester City (H) 2-0

Van Persie again misses a penalty. We dominated Mancini (yes he's back) and City. Rooney opened the scoring with an absolute wonder-goal, a curler of a beauty.

---

That's where I am now, February roughly, unbeaten in the league! But we're at the 'tough' fixture run again, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal all to come and a tricky away game to Swansea...

Falcao left cos he wasn't getting any games. Both Van Persie and Rooney have moaned about lack of games, Januzaj is whinging too cos he wants to join Roma for Champs League football, but I talked him around and now he wants first team football -_- Tyler Blackett is on the transfer list cos he wants first team football as well!

Overall, quite proud of my run. We're about 15 or so points ahead of Arsenal who have only lost one game but have drawn a mammoth 10 away fixtures, which is what has given us the breathing room. :)

Archived