FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went with 4-3-3 (Barcelona style) with short passing being the aim. Mainly because United are the best passing team in the league. I disabled transfers for the first window;

My results so far;

PL: Everton (H) 1-0

LC: Gillingham (H) 3-0

PL: Crystal Palace (H) 3-1

PL: WBA (A) 2-0

PL: Burnley (H) 5-2

LC: Reading (A) 3-0

PL: Sunderland (A) 3-1

PL: QPR (H) 3-0

PL: Hull (A) 1-1

The Hull game, Blind got sent off in the 46th minute which, absolutely killed the game. It's a lot harder to win with ten men, especially Hull's weird 5-3-1 formation thing.

Disabling the transfer window prevents De Gea kicking up a fuss. It also makes for an interesting first season. The squad is threadbare in terms of wingbacks, though Valencia does a very good job there.

I'm gonna have a huge clear out in January and the following season, and rush Nick Powell into the first team.

Just managed to signed pogba in a part exchange at end of the second season just after winning the champions league, has anyone noticed that if a club who makes a bid for a player then exchange him for one of there players they always seem to accept, thats pogba came to me and vidal wasnt interested but was accepted, let me know if anyone else has tried this!

Just managed to signed pogba in a part exchange at end of the second season just after winning the champions league, has anyone noticed that if a club who makes a bid for a player then exchange him for one of there players they always seem to accept, thats pogba came to me and vidal wasnt interested but was accepted, let me know if anyone else has tried this!

Wait, you wait for the other club to make a bid for one of your players? Or how does this work?

It's a known explot.

From another thread: "Just so everyone knows, the partexchange thing is a bug. If a club want one of your players, you can basically ask for whoever you want in exchange"

:S oops. I haven't used it for one.

So it seems that every year, around February, the board decides that the debt levels are too frightening and decreases your retained transfer revenue. Happened to me twice in a row now. Down to 40%, probably will go down further to 25%. In the first year, it went back up to 100% after the summer, when the board realises how much cash we have.

Yeah that's annoying. The finances drop every year between Feb and May - May is when the big sponsorship money comes in, and the only month we make profit - so they lower it convenient for the summer transfer window then it goes back up in Sept! Silly. Should probably file it as a bug.

has anyone managed to sign pogba at all? was playing around at a friends house, who isn't on the forums but has the beta, and as Utd we spent the whole sumer trying to unsettle him. It worked to an extent but Juventus still refused anything les than 70 mil. Then they made a 30 mil bid for Mata which we rejected, but then offered 15 mil plus mata for Pogba and they accepted. This is the first summer as well, admittedly he did then want 190k a week.

just wondering because I have started 3/4 beta games so far with Utd and everytime apart from this Juve refused to negotiate and the player wasn't interested

I like how you sacrificed your unbeaten season just to keep Man City out of the Champions League :applause:

It was for the greater good haha.

Kind of ruined my game with that part exchange bug so gonna wait till release now to start my main save.

Probably just had my best ever opening season on any Football Manager completing a league cup, Fa cup and League treble !

Do you have some more information on how you've set up your 5-3-2? I found myself unable to get in all players I wanted (Di Maria, Mata, Falcao, Rooney) in this shape and went for a 4-3-3. But that isn't really satisfying.

A moderately successful season had me win the league by one single point, far too many games drawn and so many poor results away from Old Trafford. I mean I really struggled in away games, including teams in the bottom 3, perhaps an over confidence by my players and my lack of getting them in the right frame of mind..

This is how my league looked :

512dev.png

A lot of my signings fitted in very well, big Ron Vlaar in particular was a rock next to Rojo and Matteo Darmian kinda kicked Rafael into the back spot, he also provided great cover at LB and is a player I'd strongly recommend. The fans clearly had their favourite with this pole, which is a feature I like :

25r19xj.png

My personal highlight was the performances of the young man brought in from West Brom, keeping Falcao to a bit part player at best.

2iijpnd.png

2j51c10.png

Proud he got a cap for England, hoping he can kick on in season 2. I'm thinking of fully investing in him and shipping Wayne & RvP with their mental wages on to shore up the balance a bit. working on a couple of lesser/unknown, some may say non-high profile. found a wonderkid in Mexico who looks tidy, future United No#7..

Here is my FM 2015 beta story so far. Started my first game as United, sunday league experience, no coaching badges. Took away points from Adaptability and put them in Motivating. First thing I did was import my tactics from '14. That wasn't possible in the game, so I took screenshots and recreated everything from formation, player roles, and both team and player instructions. Unfortunately this didn't turn out to be the greatest idea because my old tactics, although hugely successful in '14, had way too much micromanagement through player instructions.

I struggled for the first few months which I felt was extremely realistic. The squad wasn't very fluid in my tactics and before I figured out the player instructions were hampering them, I suffered many draws especially conceding those annoying late goals. Got called to see the board twice for performance issues, first time was because of five consecutive home draws at OT. Here's the results of the first half of the first season:

1Fxa7A7s.png

As you can see we turned it around by around Christmas time, and once my tactics were fluid we were nearly unstoppable. Until... near the end of the season. After all those draws we were lingering around 7th and I basically ignored the title. This was just a beta, right? Time to test tactics and play around. Chelsea and City were also struggling, and Arsenal/Wenger were under immense pressure as they fell out of Euro places. Tottenham led the title race. Lamela was performing as usual, but the rest of the team were also on fire.

9utyTJKs.png

I thought I had a decent shot at the title near the end with 8 games to go, 1 pt behind Spurs but they had a game in hand. Unfortunately the draw against Palace was the nail in the coffin as we just could not find a way to score for some reason. Spurs actually had a tougher run-in at the end and dropped points against Arsenal but still held steady to clinch the title. It was a very fun and memorable season.

y6PuHzus.png

vimQwjbs.png

First season transfers were disabled. We spent 7m in January. I signed Gabriel Barbosa after my scouts recommended him largely because in my last '14 journeyman save, the AI signed him for United and when I took over we developed a bonding. He has 4 stars + 1 black star in my game. He stayed at Santos on loan for another year. Zivkovic is another who I used before in '14 and I didn't even remember him this year until Madrid made a bid, and the price was low so I swooped in and stole him. Slotted straight into the first team replacing for Ashley Young who, to be fair, wasn't too bad.

Second Season Transfers

Eyf4Fejs.png

Since I extended Falcao's loan for a second year, I decided to let RVP go even though he did perform for me. This all started because Isco's agent shopped him around during the summer, and the suggested price was around 39m. After some tough negotiations, I think we came out well.

And this is my current squad enjoying a strong start to the second season. Last year my tactics were 4-4-2, 4-3-3, and 4-2-3-1. However I found the 4231 to be too fragile defensively, so I changed my third tactic to a Van Gaal style 532. I only tried it in preseason and it was great, very sound defensively and we have plenty of creativity to make it happen in the final third.

PJzphSK.png

I am a huge SAF fan, and my play style has always been to try and emulate Sir Alex and continue his legacy. I constantly ask myself WWFD (What Would Fergie Do?)

I went with 4-3-3 (Barcelona style) with short passing being the aim. Mainly because United are the best passing team in the league. I disabled transfers for the first window;

My results so far;

PL: Everton (H) 1-0

LC: Gillingham (H) 3-0

PL: Crystal Palace (H) 3-1

PL: WBA (A) 2-0

PL: Burnley (H) 5-2

LC: Reading (A) 3-0

PL: Sunderland (A) 3-1

PL: QPR (H) 3-0

PL: Hull (A) 1-1.

Carrying on;

PL: Swansea (H) 2-0

LC: Chelsea (A) 1-2

PL: Manchester City (A) 1-0

PL: Aston Villa (H) 4-1

Ok, i lost to Chelsea but it's the league cup and I had an unfit returning from injury squad. Scored 1-0 in the first minute but just couldn't cope in the end with Costa, Oscar, Hazard and co.

The City game, I battered them. Rooney in particular misses so many easy chances. And Aston Villa scored 3 goals in that 4-1 game.

Van Persie wants away for first team football, he's missed a lot until the Chelsea game because he's constantly injured. Annoyed that he doesn't recognise this, I refuse to play a striker who's not fit, especially not in a one central striker tactic. >_>

Has anyone else found away performances ridiculously awful compared to home performances? It wasn't a problem for me until early December. Suddenly my team is pretty dreadful away from home, although still scraping wins. I'm not really sure why, I've never had an issue away from home in FM before (obviously slightly harder but not a BIG difference usually).

Won the league 1st season with 104 points..27 points ahead of Chelsea. RVP had a great season, top scorer and PFA player of the season.

Sold Nani,Hernandez,Lindegaard,Young,Powell for combined fee of 50 million.

Bought Reus and Lars Bender for 60 million combined. Also bought Balanta for 6.5mil but loaned him back to River for one season.

The team for 2nd season will be:

GK - De Gea/Johnstone

DR - Rafael/Valencia

DCR - Jones/Smalling

DCL - Evans/Blackett

DL - Shaw/Rojo

MCL - Di Maria/Herrera

MC - Bender/Blind

MCR - Fellaini/McCarthy/Cleverly

AMC - Januzaj/Mata

STR - Rooney/Reus

STL - Van Persie/Wilson

First Season :

My season started with a win @ everton (2-3) and home Sunderland (5-1)

In : youth (souttar and few others) , Balanta, Höwedes, Stones, Hughes,Romero,Bender,Berahino ,Tielemans(loaned back)

Out : Smalling,Blackett,Cleverley,Fletcher, young,anderson and i'm still trying to sell Valencia and Amos , already sold for 59m (euro)

at the moment i'm playing 4-3-3:

GK : De Gea, Lindegard, Johnstone

DL: Shaw, Blind

DCL: Höwedes,Balanta, Rojo

DCR: Jones,Evans

DR: Rafael,Stones

DMC: Bender,Carrick

MCL: Fellaini,Romero

MCR: Mata,Herrera,Hughes

SCL: Di Maria, Januzaj

SC: Falcao, V Persie, Wilson

SCR: Rooney, Berahinho

First Season :

My season started with a win @ everton (2-3) and home Sunderland (5-1)

In : youth (souttar and few others) , Balanta, Höwedes, Stones, Hughes,Romero,Bender,Berahino ,Tielemans(loaned back)

Out : Smalling,Blackett,Cleverley,Fletcher, young,anderson and i'm still trying to sell Valencia and Amos , already sold for 59m (euro)

at the moment i'm playing 4-3-3:

GK : De Gea, Lindegard, Johnstone

DL: Shaw, Blind

DCL: Höwedes,Balanta, Rojo

DCR: Jones,Evans

DR: Rafael,Stones

DMC: Bender,Carrick

MCL: Fellaini,Romero

MCR: Mata,Herrera,Hughes

SCL: Di Maria, Januzaj

SC: Falcao, V Persie, Wilson

SCR: Rooney, Berahinho

Valencia is an absolute beast in CWB role..really impressive.

Has anyone else found away performances ridiculously awful compared to home performances? It wasn't a problem for me until early December. Suddenly my team is pretty dreadful away from home, although still scraping wins. I'm not really sure why, I've never had an issue away from home in FM before (obviously slightly harder but not a BIG difference usually).

There's always a performance disparity for away matches because the opposition attack more. Either build a squad of world beaters, or rein in the mentality and go more counter-attacking.

Quick questions for those who disable the transfer window.

1) isn't it weird to disable the first transfer window on ur team but every other teams are doing business as usual?

if that is the case, then I would just refrain from doing any transfer deals on my own accord.

2) wouldn't De Gea be complaining about the lack of champions league football and lack of signing new players to boast the team? and how do you people pacify him?

Cheers

1) isn't it weird to disable the first transfer window on ur team but every other teams are doing business as usual?

if that is the case, then I would just refrain from doing any transfer deals on my own accord.

The other teams don't get budgets either. The only transfers that have happened in my game are loans and free transfers.

2) wouldn't De Gea be complaining about the lack of champions league football and lack of signing new players to boast the team? and how do you people pacify him?

Cheers

Dunno about anyone else, and the only interest I've had for a player is Rafael to PSG, but he didn't come to me about it. (I ignored questions in the media about their interest).

Just finished season 3 with United.

Finished 2nd in the EPL and got Last 16 of Champions League after being pumped by Barca.

Following on from my earlier post of season 2 I added Lucas Moura for 12.5m, he ended up being my top scorer.

Anyway now here's my in's and out's for the start of season four plus my squad.

i.gyazo.com/7bee710291e00966d4c77ac869c91574.png For some reason my Images won't work so that's a direct link to it.

The Squad.

http://i.gyazo.com/9b76d8ac46d0f6d589583711507abc98.png

3rd season finished and i achieved my main of goal of winning the CL title. Won the League comfortable, though lost the Community shield (Arsenal), FA cup (Man City) and League cup (Chelsea). To be honest i wasn't too concerned, i used cup games to really keep my best players fresh for the CL and League, so im surprised i made the finals of the two major local cups.

Rooney finally had a good year, and along with RvP and Wener, reached the 20 goal mark. Had issues with Januzaj, Di Maria and De Gea who continually want to join other clubs. Di Maria wanted to leave me for Roma to play for a bigger club? No idea, we're ranked 2nd in the club rankings with RM in first and Bayern in third. Not sure what the deal is there, but i've managed to keep hold of them for now.

Moving ahead to the 4th season, having won the CL, decided its time to role out the oldies (anyone nearing 30 with 12months left on their contract) and bring in some young blood. Chris Smalling (30m), Blind (22.5m), RvP (7.5m) and Mata (30m) have all departed. At the moment Mateo Kovacic (22.5m) is the only addition, though i am looking to bring in 1-2 more. Tielemans, Wilson and Djedje (regen) will all be promoted by back up to rotation/first team and given substantial more game time.

Objective is to win the super cup, club world championship and retain the PL. Winning the CL will be a bonus given the departures. As you can see, i hate spending money on big transfers and wages, i like to develop and always put it as a philosophy. As a result, the club balance has reached 500m and is projected to hit 765m by the end of 2018.

Line up for season 4:

GK: De Gea backed up by Scuffet

CD: Papadoupolous

CD: Balanta

CD: Evans

DM: Jones backed up by Djedje

MR: Rafael backed up by Lozano

CM: Herrera backed up by Tielemans

CM: Januzaj backed up by Kovacic

ML: Di Maria backed up by Shaw

ST: Rooney

ST: Werner backed up by Wilson

Cheers

1- No team gets a budget so it's just loans and frees.

2 - No complaining at all, its as if they know they can't move, or more likely; the AI doesn't bother showing any interest whatsoever. I had no players come to me asking for a move or asking for champions league football when its been disabled.

It's not a case of the other team doing things differently. It's a case of my team performing massively differently. The passing completion percentages are very different away from home - the ball is constantly given away and it's impossible to play possession football to any extent whatsoever. They also all run around like their feet are encased in mud.

Like I said, it just suddenly started happening in December. It was fine earlier in the season. No players are jaded, either, and morale is overall pretty good. Bit bemused tbh.

What do you guys think of Varane? Suitable addition to United's back line?

I was looking at him to partner Jones in centre defence but decided to go with Laporte. A year younger, same price, similar scout reports but less cons.

Anyone else signed him?

It's not a case of the other team doing things differently. It's a case of my team performing massively differently. The passing completion percentages are very different away from home - the ball is constantly given away and it's impossible to play possession football to any extent whatsoever. They also all run around like their feet are encased in mud.

Like I said, it just suddenly started happening in December. It was fine earlier in the season. No players are jaded, either, and morale is overall pretty good. Bit bemused tbh.

Have you looked at weather/pitch conditions at all? i know it wont massively matter in the top flight, but the season starts in beautiful sunshine but by December the English winter is in full swing (snow,rain and ice). Maybe you need to increase your tempo away from home? When teams come to OT they will sit off you more as they look to defend, but may be more adventurous at their home grounds, squeeze higher and you need to adapt. I dont change my formation, but i do tinker with some tempo, style settings and demand things from players in team talks.

I was looking at him to partner Jones in centre defence but decided to go with Laporte. A year younger, same price, similar scout reports but less cons.

Anyone else signed him?

I tried to get him but he choose PSG and since then he's kicked on massively. Really gutted to have missed out, he seems to have huge room for progression.

Here's how my Man Utd team has done so far.

Really enjoying the Beta thus far

1st Season Honours

League, Carling Cup, FA Cup

2014/15 League Standings

Xqvv24q.jpg

Transfers

k8bjgq3.jpg

2nd Season Honours

Community Cup, FA Cup, League, Champions League

2015/16 League Standings

V56PnwX.jpg

Transfers

ECMYIZs.jpg

Key Players after switching to 433 wingers

Di Maria

ojoeAuX.jpg

Mata

pNY5oVb.jpg

Falcao (Goal Machine)

LT1cKj6.jpg

3rd Season

Transfers

16KVBpT.jpg

Just started a United save. I've made 3 signings so far, Vertonghen, Nagatomo & a youngster, Yelko Pino. Rooney, in his role as captain, has refused to 'welcome' both Nagatomo and Pino to the club. Is this because they don't speak English? Is this something others have experienced?

bit disappointed with mcnair's potential not being great. I understand why as only 3 games for first team and didn't play regular for under 21s, just personal preference.

will try and nurture blackett as he has very good potential as does Mitchell and Pereira so some good young academy players, also thinking of promoting johnstone and selling lindegaard.

I am really struggling to find a formation that leads to success with this team. I keep going back to 4-2-3-1, but I'm really struggling away from home. What is everyone using?

I was doing fine until Christmas, well say fine, I have shipped goals all season but have always scored more. Since Christmas though I have struggled. Have been using a 4-2-3-1 both home and away, with the home one being more aggressive and attacking. I have now got a 'third' 4-3-3 (1 DM & 2 wingers) that seems to be giving me better defensive stability.

In kJanuary f 3rd season and looking for a new world class striker, someone to better Rooney RVP and Falcao, any suggestions? They have to be good enough to instantly become my main man

Cavani is unbelievable if you can prise him from PSG, wages could be a problem if you haven't offloaded any of those 3. Cheaper alternatives include Gabriel Barbosa who should be pretty mental about 3 seasons in since he starts with some obscene attributes, Munir from Barcelona is very good as well.

Anyone experienced signing Gotze and Gundogan in the game? They're both available in the second season, 50m and 25m each and wondering if I should buy them both. This would lead to the departure of Rooney but I don't mind that. What do you think?

Cavani is unbelievable if you can prise him from PSG, wages could be a problem if you haven't offloaded any of those 3. Cheaper alternatives include Gabriel Barbosa who should be pretty mental about 3 seasons in since he starts with some obscene attributes, Munir from Barcelona is very good as well.

barbosa is superb even in the first season. i bought him and use him as a trequarista (amc position) and he has been superb. rooney plays here usually and barbosa is backup.

I am really struggling to find a formation that leads to success with this team. I keep going back to 4-2-3-1, but I'm really struggling away from home. What is everyone using?

I had problems in pre season with my 4-1-3-2 and changed this to 4-1-2-3 (FCL, FC , FCR) .. Di Maria - Falcao - Rooney up front. won away against arsenal and Everton, won 7-2 , 5-1 and 5-0 against West ham, Leicester and Sunderland @ home. So i'm happy right now, still needs more testing. Falcao scored 11 goals.

Archived