FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just messing around in a test save with a 5-3-2 (wing backs), I introduced it for the 3-0 win over Newcastle, and been flying since :thup:

ri5i15.png

Also introduced an utterly boring 5-1-4-0 tactic to close games out with for the last 10 minutes, which is working really well.

Januzaj is absolutely lethal playing just off/behind the striker.

I've started a Man Utd save for the first time ever. The challenge of following Ferguson and Moyes, with some of the signings they've made this summer and the chance to build a new United is too strong. Here's the transfers I've made - there's a lot, probably too many, as I got a bit carried away!

Screenshot2014-11-09230958_zps0c82b357.png

Do you lot sign Falcao out of your starting budget or not?

I haven't - but I'm hoping I'll get some more money in January or at the end of the season to do that deal. I wonder if he would sign permanently straight away immediately, what with no Champions League football guaranteed. I know I had to talk De Gea in to staying when PSG came in for him by promising I'd let him go if we didn't finish in the top 4 in my first season.

I saved up £50m to buy falcao. But he insisted on 10m loyalty bonus and his agent wanted 8m. Also he refused any less than 275k a week. He was fantastic for me the first season, but i'm not paying that kind of money for a 29 year old. So Wilson is gonna get his fair hchance in my second season.

Just started last night.

I got rid of Young (~12M to Tottenham), Anderson (~5-7M to I forgot where) and Smalling (~11M to Arsenal).

I always felt that Smalling is a very weak link in the team's defence. Never really liked him...

I bought in Stones (~20M from Everton), Gil Romero (~5-7 from Estudiantes) and James Ward-Prowse (~28M from Southampton)

I think i still have around 30M to spend, i'm considering selling Valencia and get in a proper RB, but his contract is still quite new, so maybe hard to find a good buyer.

My tactics:

--------CF-------

---AM/TQ/AM---

-----CM/CM-----

LB--CB--CB--RB

--------GK------

CF is Van Persie, I prefer him over Falcao since i'm more familiar with him.

My attacking midfielders are very tight, with Di Maria on the Centre left position, Rooney in the middle and Mata on the right.

CM are Herrera and Fellaini.

LB is Shaw, RB is Rafael

GK is obviously De Gea

I have not met with any issues on Morale at the moment, my players are just playing as they are and seems to be happy with the pre-season. Won every match as of last night, 1 more game to go!

PS: I really hate the new layout. It's hurting my eyes and very slow in loading, especially after clicking a players name, it takes a good 2secs to go to the players profile.

I'm praying for someone to make a new skin that will be easier to read.

PPS: I'm trying to find Martin Odergaard, but i cant find him... any one know why?

I saved up £50m to buy falcao. But he insisted on 10m loyalty bonus and his agent wanted 8m. Also he refused any less than 275k a week. He was fantastic for me the first season, but i'm not paying that kind of money for a 29 year old. So Wilson is gonna get his fair hchance in my second season.

If James Wilson plays well I'll probably pass on Falcao too.

If James Wilson plays well I'll probably pass on Falcao too.

During the beta/demo I found Will Keane to be the most clinical striker at the club, iirc he had 12 goals from 7 starts and 12 sub appearances compared to 3 for wazza and RVP and 1 for Falcao

I honestly think they have it spot on, i'd say Di Maria is currently playing pretty close to his full potential, he isn't going to get much better in real life.

So u think both mata and oZil are better than di Maria? No chance at all. They should be at least 10pts lower, not 10pts higher

rafael keeps telling me he wants to go to real madrid, and tbh i dont mind letting him go. who would you people recommend as a ready made replacement?

I think Sebastian Corchia is a good Right back for replacing Rafael. Less Technical, but i think Mentality wise he's very good.

Though i remember someone saying Gino Peruzzi as well.

So u think both mata and oZil are better than di Maria? No chance at all. They should be at least 10pts lower, not 10pts higher

I wouldn't say they are better but they have more strings to there bow, Di Maria's main strengths are his dribbling, pace and crossing, so his overall 'ability' might be considered less than Mata & Ozil who are better technically with the ball as well as having the mental attributes to go with it.

I prefer Di Maria over both but it's hard for them to show Di Maria as better on paper when he is a more one dimensional player compared to Mata & Ozil.

Pretty happy with my 3-5-2 formation now, so I'll be looking to start a proper Manchester United save, I'll line up like:

-------------- GK --------------

------ CB --- CB --- CB ------

RWB ------------------- LWB

------------- CDM -------------

------- CAM ---- CAM -------

---------- AP ----- CF ----------

Looking at the squad, I'm planning the following:

GK: De Gea, {NEW SIGNING}, Johnstone

RWB: Rafael, Valencia

LWB: Shaw

CB: Evans, Jones, {NEW SIGNING}, Smalling, Rojo, Blackett, McNair

CDM: Carrick, Blind, Fletcher

CAM: Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Fellaini

AP: Rooney, Januzaj

CF: RvP, Falcao, Wilson

Sell: Lindegaard, Amos, Young, Anderson.

Looking at signing Falcao permanently, then try to bring in Valdes on a free and possibly Balanta for CB.

Anyway I have adjusted di Maria to a modest 181 ca and 182pa. I can't take the game seriously when he is lower rated than coutinho balotelli Henderson. I have lowered some of the liverpool players. Anyway I am ready to go now, wasted a good few hrs because of poor researchers. I've lowered januzaj as he was overated

I've managed to get them to accept £50mil + £20mil over 48 months. Considering I've sold Wayne Rooney and removed Falcao's wages and the fact the Vidal would be vital to the team, would you consider that a good deal?

He is the type of player UTD need and with the season budget and your sale of Rooney i personally would snap him up for that price.

I wouldn't say they are better but they have more strings to there bow, Di Maria's main strengths are his dribbling, pace and crossing, so his overall 'ability' might be considered less than Mata & Ozil who are better technically with the ball as well as having the mental attributes to go with it.

I prefer Di Maria over both but it's hard for them to show Di Maria as better on paper when he is a more one dimensional player compared to Mata & Ozil.

I agree with this. The star rating and overall CA isn't the be all and end all. I'm not at my home computer, but I'd be interested to see how Di Maria's strongest attributes (as mentioned above) compare to the same attributes for some of the players mentioned - Mata, Ozil, Coutinho etc

I would take him for this price. Having said that I purchased Strootman for 36mil and hes been awesome for me in the middle of the park. I extended Falcao loan after he got 34 league goals. I am looking to sell Rooney and RVP as they only chipped in 12 goals between them. A revelation for me was Valencia - he scored 19 goals playing right wing in a 4-2-3-1 formation so I would advise others who are just starting the game to give him a season before cashing in.

So just hitting the January transfer window which will be my 1st active window. Sitting 2nd in the League, 2 points behind Spurs. Falcao and RVP have had there injury problems but Rooney, AdM and Januzaj have taken on the goalscoring responsibility. The main problem is away form. Lost to Liverpool and QPR away but have drawn too many games away. Just not scoring goals away is the main problem

Crosses, crosses, and more crosses fAD26BI.png

I've had a few crackers come from playing through the middle (just in game play not using the TI). Had a great goals for RVP's 3rd against Liverpool. Countered a Liverpool attack with DDG throwing out to Herrera just outside my box, he passed it to AdM on the edge of the centre circle who then used his first touch with his left foot to move the ball away from Lucas and then pivoted and played a delicious through ball to RVP that went around Sakho as he rushed to close him down and allowed RVP to run ahead of Skrtel take two touches to go from 40 yard out to just outside the penalty box and then smash it past Mignolet into the top right corner.

my 442 is like Moyes football.... players run stop run stop run stop..... cross, score, it looks terrible on the ME, players just seem confused. but they seem to keep clean sheets, so i'm not bothered. :lol:

how are you set up i cant seem to get the goals like you. i cross it gets headed clear then nothing!

Just a quick survey for people who brought Reus in the first transfer window. How easy was it to sign him?

I ask this because due to Crash Dump errors i had to restart the first in game day 4 times before realizing the issue was cause when updating my teams individual training in the training screen, and during this time i obviously went for Reus at £21m and had the offer accepted but then even with a contract of £170,000 a week he would sign a new contract at Dortmund for £95,000 a week. I would then offer for him again and get it accepted and then offer him the same contract which he would accept and then sign.

Did anyone else have this happen?

Archived