[FM 14.1.4] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSination 1.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

I cant say if the tactic is great or the match engine is s"#$%t :(

Until know its the tactic that gives the most control and good football for my team however i get 20/30 shots per game and dont score , conceed 1 or 2 shots and its ball in the net, Very Very frustating... 1 time from time to time its footbal, 5 games in a row its bad game.

anyone else ?

Spot on. My experience exactly. Opposition is clinical and my guys wasteful.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay so as mentioned I started a Real Oviedo save using this formation. Couple of free transfers in but Oviedo's squad is already one of the best in the SegundaB1 in Spain so was always hoping to be competing.

I made sure the formation was trained in pre-season as much as possible, and then as the season started I diverted training elsewhere.

I only used OI when against stronger teams, which was rarely. Team talks was just pretty basic stuff, nothing special. I had my mentality set to 'Attacking', and as soon as I went 2 or 3 up I usually put it down to control and sometimes counter depending on how the other team is doing.

Fixtures:

Click Here

League Table:

Click Here

Player Stats:

Click Here

Playoff Semi:

Click Here

Playoff Final:

Click Here

Like I said, Oviedo are expected to compete but I always felt really comfortable using this formation, never doubted my team once. Incredibly solid in the league, two losses at 0-1 and two score draws. Wins everywhere else, including some incredible runs of wins to nil. Cup was a good run too, finally succumbing in the second leg away to Atletico Madrid, and I had a great victory against them in the first leg in one of my most enjoyed matches in any FM ever. Overall, a very good season and really enjoyed using the tactic, looks excellent so far. The real test will be how I get on next season in a more competitive league and if I have any tinkering to do to make it work, and how I adjust the mentality but fairly confident given the results this season and my performances against Atletico Madrid.

Great season !

What was your match prep most of the time ?

Look guys, to be absolutely fair on Fuss, there is so many variables that can influence how a match turns out. Be it subs, team talks, training, match preparation, team morale, players not playing in the correct positions, letting your ass.man choose players and team talks.

That's just off the top of my head. As a fellow tactic creator, I can state without even seeing Fuss's tactic in action that you will all have different results and experiences. Why is this? Mainly because you will all play the game differently. The tactic will no doubt be absolutely sound. How you choose to use it is another matter.

Brilliant tactic, made some tweaks to make the forward pass more direct. However the defence often stands still and is beaten by a simple hoof from the keeper or centre back.

please how did you manage this? My wingers are always dallying on the ball even when my striker is free and a cross or pass would set him on goal. Also my strikers miss a lot of simple chances its insane. Lukaku cant score a header from just 3 yards out with just the keeper in goal, Jelavic same thing they miss simple chances. I'm still doing well though frustrating the hell out of opponents with my defence.

please how did you manage this? My wingers are always dallying on the ball even when my striker is free and a cross or pass would set him on goal. Also my strikers miss a lot of simple chances its insane. Lukaku cant score a header from just 3 yards out with just the keeper in goal, Jelavic same thing they miss simple chances. I'm still doing well though frustrating the hell out of opponents with my defence.

First of all I took off retain possession because that with shorter passing, I feel lacks defence penetrating passes. I was having the same issue as you with my wingers, so I took the shorter passing off for the wingers, striker and advanced playmaker and put them all on more direct passing. I now see more crosses and through balls. Bearing in mind I am only hibs and my team is rather poor, the amount of 40 yr passes I now see to my striker who then scores is a joy to behold. Also unticked the offside trap as someone mentioned earlier to make defence more stable. Only used this for half a season but got my a 2nd place finish and scottish cup win with no transfers.

Great season !

What was your match prep most of the time ?

Mainly Attacking Movement.

Lol dat Celta B team conceeding 106 goals xD

Talk about rubbish defence xD.

I think you almost deserve to be sacked bacause you only put 9 behind them in two games joef91 ^^

Haha yeah they were awful. I think they went through 3 managers too.

started one with crewe yesterday fuss.

won all pre-season games, won 3 drew 1 in the league.

very happy with this so far, control the game, love how my striker plays so deep & the midfiled run past him, very happy with this.

shall report back to see if it continued.

do you think it's vital to start using this tactic right at beginning of pre-season so you're players are use to this when the season starts?

do you think it's vital to start using this tactic right at beginning of pre-season so you're players are use to this when the season starts?

I wouldn't say it is vital but it would definitely help. I think as your team becomes better trained in the tactic the performances will improve. I certainly noticed I kept a lot more clean sheets with 100% trained.

Thew, lot of work coming up, here we go.....

I am playing as Man Utd third season. I have a top team granted but the goals are flowing now. I took the advice given here. Slower tempo, more rigid. I put this into my tactic. I do agree that the right winger has turned into a bit of a god. The advice given here can be used for all tactics and formations. Slower tempo means more CCC. I might test in lower leagues later. In one game I had 7 CCC. and average about 3. Thank you Fuss.

:thup:

Interesting that the right winger for you guys is killing it. The left winger for me Fede Vico won all the individual world awards. Averaged 8.54 in the Premier league last year and hit 22 goals. Good player but isn't a superstar.

I'm the same as you, my left winger does the most damage, but then again, my right winger is Danny Osvaldo, and whilst he's playing well, he's not scoring, my left winger Gaitan is bossing it, averaging 8.68 with 7 goals in 6 games with 4 assists.

:thup: (both wingers are set the same, so it's probably more to do with their own personal form and stats

hello, using your tactic atm as I've become absolutely hopeless with 14.1.4 so thanks :)

it's been very solid defensively for me and I like the high ball possession though I seem to struggle a bit creating clear chances and attacking movement doesnt always look very dangerous despite having capable players (attacking mentality doesnt seem to help so much). Seems to me that not many players are making runs off the ball so the movement of the false 9 sometimes creates space that goes unused.

I was wondering maybe having more attacking wingers or inside forwards with attack duty could help? or it would just ruin the balance of the tactic? thanks for this, like using this tactic anyway :)

I'd stick to defensive wingers if I were you...you can use more attacking players there by all means...but defensive setting means they dont lose the opposition fullback as easily.

I have had better success, having working ball into box, play wider and early crosses. Also having the wingers and fullbacks to play wider and run with ball. I'm scoring a lot from crosses. Also using attacking strategy.

I use play wider with Spurs, but was reluctant to put it on the released tactic. Playing wider creates more space for any tactic, but that space can always be exploited by the opposition...if you're a good team, you'll probably benefit.

Fuss, did the way you suggested. Attacking with work ball into box. The result:

liverpoool.jpg

What is training match? Tactics, attacking movement?

Early on, it's all about getting the tactical familiarity up, later on it's depends on your team.

Been having great success with this using my Barnet team which are in the Premier League.

Finished 7th after using this for 2/3 of the season. Getting to the Carling Cup Semi Final also.

Like others have commented, I don't score many goals compared to how many shots on target we have. Also I am not a fan of the short corners and may change to just cross the ball in.

Season 2 finished result: Champion with only 2 losses! and eliminated in the semifinals of the Champions League vs bayern (his progress) ..

Any suggestion as to how I can reduce the amount of red/yellow card we pick up. I seem to get alot of them with this tactic.

I've already turned off hard tackling from the CB's and GK, which reduced the cards, but I think is conceding goals. It's hard to balance and slightly depends on how good your defenders are.

Having a lot better success after ticking "work ball into box". I really think it's the key ;)

I'll look at making it a permanent change for 1.1

oops that's me...

Brilliant tactic, made some tweaks to make the forward pass more direct. However the defence often stands still and is beaten by a simple hoof from the keeper or centre back.

This will reduce with better familiarity and fast CB's. I'm also playing with a Sweeper Keeper at the moment. See what happens if you add hard tackling to the CB's...should make them more willing to go for last ditch saves...but will likely cause a few more cards....balancing act.

Yea I removed the off-sides trap because a lot of times it seems players in the back-line stand still and get beat with thru balls a lot, so far it seemed to help. Everything else I kept the same, great tactic Fuss!

I'm using attacking match prep with balanced training. I've added work into box and set to control. I'm winning most games 2-0 or 3-0. More than happy. Good work Fuss (expected nothing less)

Okay so as mentioned I started a Real Oviedo save using this formation. Couple of free transfers in but Oviedo's squad is already one of the best in the SegundaB1 in Spain so was always hoping to be competing.

I made sure the formation was trained in pre-season as much as possible, and then as the season started I diverted training elsewhere.

I only used OI when against stronger teams, which was rarely. Team talks was just pretty basic stuff, nothing special. I had my mentality set to 'Attacking', and as soon as I went 2 or 3 up I usually put it down to control and sometimes counter depending on how the other team is doing.

Fixtures:

Click Here

League Table:

Click Here

Player Stats:

Click Here

Playoff Semi:

Click Here

Playoff Final:

Click Here

Like I said, Oviedo are expected to compete but I always felt really comfortable using this formation, never doubted my team once. Incredibly solid in the league, two losses at 0-1 and two score draws. Wins everywhere else, including some incredible runs of wins to nil. Cup was a good run too, finally succumbing in the second leg away to Atletico Madrid, and I had a great victory against them in the first leg in one of my most enjoyed matches in any FM ever. Overall, a very good season and really enjoyed using the tactic, looks excellent so far. The real test will be how I get on next season in a more competitive league and if I have any tinkering to do to make it work, and how I adjust the mentality but fairly confident given the results this season and my performances against Atletico Madrid.

Spot on. My experience exactly. Opposition is clinical and my guys wasteful.

Look at the quotes above for some ideas I'll be testing myself.

FuSS;

What kind of training do you use during the season? Will try this out with Boro first season :)

Tactics Tactics Tactics until familiar

I thing this tactic is a master. A very good template. U guys have to try to adapt at your team and find the way. I change something and i'm flying. Tank's mr fuss:)

Taking an earlier suggestion and adding work the ball into the box instruction has the goals flowing now. Averaging 2-4 goals a game now which doesnt make the opposition 1 goal from 2 shots hurt so much.
I changed mentality to attacking ,add work ball into box, use Jones and Evans as my cds, then the tactic becomes great!!! Thank you very much Fuss!!!

First of all I took off retain possession because that with shorter passing, I feel lacks defence penetrating passes. I was having the same issue as you with my wingers, so I took the shorter passing off for the wingers, striker and advanced playmaker and put them all on more direct passing. I now see more crosses and through balls. Bearing in mind I am only hibs and my team is rather poor, the amount of 40 yr passes I now see to my striker who then scores is a joy to behold. Also unticked the offside trap as someone mentioned earlier to make defence more stable. Only used this for half a season but got my a 2nd place finish and scottish cup win with no transfers.

won all pre-season games, won 3 drew 1 in the league.

very happy with this so far, control the game, love how my striker plays so deep & the midfiled run past him, very happy with this.

shall report back to see if it continued.

Very, familiarity makes a lot of difference in FM14 I think, especially when you're using an offside trap.

I wouldn't say it is vital but it would definitely help. I think as your team becomes better trained in the tactic the performances will improve. I certainly noticed I kept a lot more clean sheets with 100% trained.

As above :)

Great tactics. Works like a charm.

I made 3 changes in the tactics which I have listed below which makes this wonderful tactics even better:

1) Added: "Cross Aim Far Post" to both the wingers.This leads to the other winger making a run in to the box as soon as the drilled cross comes in - and eventually scoring / heading on to the post / losing the header.

2) Changed defensive corner set up: All balance players "Sent Back" as we all know marking during corners is broken right now. Have yet to concede a goal on corner in the last 20 matches.

3) Changed Attacking Corners to "Aim Far Post". Somehow this works better as the tall CB at far corner heads in to the six yard box and one of the strikers/Wingers shoot the ball in to the roof of the net.

Just want to add to the common sentiment that this is a very good tactic :thup:

I have switched to Attacking, added 'Work Ball Into Box' and removed the offside trap and having a great start to my new save. P7, W6, D1, L0, F21, A5

I made 3 changes in the tactics which I have listed below which makes this wonderful tactics even better:

1) Added: "Cross Aim Far Post" to both the wingers.This leads to the other winger making a run in to the box as soon as the drilled cross comes in - and eventually scoring / heading on to the post / losing the header.

2) Changed defensive corner set up: All balance players "Sent Back" as we all know marking during corners is broken right now. Have yet to concede a goal on corner in the last 20 matches.

3) Changed Attacking Corners to "Aim Far Post". Somehow this works better as the tall CB at far corner heads in to the six yard box and one of the strikers/Wingers shoot the ball in to the roof of the net.

Corners are a pain, by balance, did you mean "support" players ?

Marking Tall or Small players is broken? Good to know!

Ok, played a few games with this tactic now and I personally think it's great, however in order to get the best out of it, you have to put some thought in. Not coming here to preach on how to play, but it may help.

Fuss has given a brilliant base to work from, and essentially given us 3 options, Counter, Balanced & Attack. For my team, I can easily dismiss attack as I'm nowhere near good enough to be attacking teams (unless I get lower league opposition in the cup).

My squad is decent - good for the level I'm at (Championship) and I should be able to compete in the top 6, below is a few examples of how I've deployed the tactic.

Away v Leicester - Drew their first game away at Middlesbrough, it's early in the season so I don't have a lot to go on, but I know this is a tough game. They are favourites, so I play counter. Result 1-0 win.

Home v Sheffield Wednesday - Looking at their early form, they are yet to win, got a credible draw at QPR first game, but since then have lost in the cup and lost at home to Burnley. I'm favourites for the game, so I play Standard. Result 4-0 win.

Away v Ipswich - They're a decent side, yet to lose and had drawn away at both Reading & QPR. They are favourites, taking all into consideration, I play Counter. Result 3-0 win

Away v Middlesbrough (cup) - Again a decent side, not had the best start, but only lost to Blackpool and the last game they played was a dominating 1-0 win away at Wigan, again, they are favourites. I play Counter, result 2-0 win. This was particularly satisfying as I shut them down for an hour (they hit the post once from a 30yd volley), and as soon as I scored I basically ripped them to pieces on the counter and ended up with 3 CCC and 13 shots on target.

Thought these were good examples as it's a nightmare run of games really, mostly good sides in the division.

Hopefully this might help get the very best out of this great tactic.

EDIT, just beat QPR at home 1-0, but it was very tight. They created a few really good chances, one from a long ball over the top and two from corners that we had and they countered, need to work on attacking corners to make sure I have enough cover!

Ok, played a few games with this tactic now and I personally think it's great, however in order to get the best out of it, you have to put some thought in. Not coming here to preach on how to play, but it may help.

Fuss has given a brilliant base to work from, and essentially given us 3 options, Counter, Balanced & Attack. For my team, I can easily dismiss attack as I'm nowhere near good enough to be attacking teams (unless I get lower league opposition in the cup).

My squad is decent - good for the level I'm at (Championship) and I should be able to compete in the top 6, below is a few examples of how I've deployed the tactic.

Away v Leicester - Drew their first game away at Middlesbrough, it's early in the season so I don't have a lot to go on, but I know this is a tough game. They are favourites, so I play counter. Result 1-0 win.

Home v Sheffield Wednesday - Looking at their early form, they are yet to win, got a credible draw at QPR first game, but since then have lost in the cup and lost at home to Burnley. I'm favourites for the game, so I play Standard. Result 4-0 win.

Away v Ipswich - They're a decent side, yet to lose and had drawn away at both Reading & QPR. They are favourites, taking all into consideration, I play Counter. Result 3-0 win

Away v Middlesbrough (cup) - Again a decent side, not had the best start, but only lost to Blackpool and the last game they played was a dominating 1-0 win away at Wigan, again, they are favourites. I play Counter, result 2-0 win. This was particularly satisfying as I shut them down for an hour (they hit the post once from a 30yd volley), and as soon as I scored I basically ripped them to pieces on the counter and ended up with 3 CCC and 13 shots on target.

Thought these were good examples as it's a nightmare run of games really, mostly good sides in the division.

Hopefully this might help get the very best out of this great tactic.

EDIT, just beat QPR at home 1-0, but it was very tight. They created a few really good chances, one from a long ball over the top and two from corners that we had and they countered, need to work on attacking corners to make sure I have enough cover!

Sounds great.

Set pieces are definitely an issue. I think I've got defensive corners covered, need to re-think my attacking ones.

Just want to add to the common sentiment that this is a very good tactic :thup:

I have switched to Attacking, added 'Work Ball Into Box' and removed the offside trap and having a great start to my new save. P7, W6, D1, L0, F21, A5

My yellow / red card issues continued and so I have added the team instruction 'Stay on Feet' as well. Still going strong, P12, W11, D1, L0, F32, A9.

Loving the play of the False Nine. In his 11 games he has 10 goals and 10 assists.

Just want to say thank you for this tactic! I'm currently 2nd in the league with my beloved villa point behind Chelsea in January in the first season, and haven't bought a single player! Many thanks for all ur hard work fuss!!!
Good work, how have you switched between mentalities, or have you stuck to one? Hopefully if I get promoted this season I can get a squad that is close to Villa in terms of quality.

you should try to emulate how this fella did Fuss for attacking corner. Very impressive stats for my team. Score a lot of great goals from corner than ever before.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/145625-%2A%2A%2Afootball-manager-14-tactical-thread%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Ajassar%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-85.html#post1920446

My yellow / red card issues continued and so I have added the team instruction 'Stay on Feet' as well. Still going strong, P12, W11, D1, L0, F32, A9.

Loving the play of the False Nine. In his 11 games he has 10 goals and 10 assists.

This works well. Team still press but pick better more thought out tackle opportunities.......no more tackles that start 5 yards away, look like attempted murder and always end with a red.

Took overt he mess that is Sunderland to try out this tactic thinking if I can get them in the top half of the table it would be SOME tactic. Played six friendlies and theyve been bitty but thats normal. However were beaten by Crewe with two long balls over the top which Brown and O Shea just watched flying over them so got rid of playing offside and its not happening anymore. Am using work into box and hard tackling for CBs and when I get home tonight will instigate far post corner and well see what happens when the season starts.

Oh and the delinquents that are Sunderland hate being told they are expected to win!!!

great tactic. Got suarez firing plenty of goals in as AML, cutting in. Seems liike having wingers cutting in on their faovurite foot works a treat.

match statshave become atouch crazy though. some games, like in my World Club Cup final (thinly veiled brag) i had a ridiculous amount of shots and socred only 1 goal. however Boca Juniors had 2 shots, both going in. I come across quite a few games likethis, where the opposition is hyper clinical. I have Michael Bradley, Ward Prowseand Will Hughes as my AM & BBM and they're scoring aplenty. To my surprise having Borini up top seems really effective, more so than Mitrovic/Suarez.

Thanks for the great tactic!

The clinical finishing seems to be the ME as far as I know. I also had it very often, them only firing 1/2 shots and scoring 1 or 2. Well, as long as I score more it's ok ;). But a clean sheet is always better.

I am having great results with this tactic playing with Arsenal.

Adjustments: added Work Ball into Box + the changes in post #115

Great to see the vast majority of you are kicking arse!

Things I'm testing:

-Work ball into box

-No offside Trap

-Stay on feet

-Sweeper Keeper

-New set pieces

-Aim crosses at far post

We'll see what's what at the weekend most likely.

Great to see the vast majority of you are kicking arse!

Things I'm testing:

-Work ball into box

-No offside Trap

-Stay on feet

-Sweeper Keeper

-New set pieces

-Aim crosses at far post

We'll see what's what at the weekend most likely.

Good work. Look forward to it.

I've absolutely dominated the PL with Southampton (2nd season). Results as of 31 Jan, 2015: W18, D4, L1. Leading the league by 15 points.

I've played about half the season unmodified, but right now I'm playing a tweaked version of the formation:

1) Added "Work Ball Into Box"

2) Disabled offside trap (after conceding lots of chances + a goal against Liverpool because of balls over the top. Knocked me out in the league cup semi final :()

3) More direct passing for attacking players (AML/R, ST, MCa), but not sure whether it has made a difference yet.

4) Far post crossing for wings.

There's something weird is going on with the rest of the league, though. Arsenal is currently at 15th, Chelsea and Man City at 7th and 8th. Cardiff (!!) at 2nd, Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham at 3rd, 4th and 5th. A bit OT, but are any of you getting weird leagues like this?

I've absolutely dominated the PL with Southampton (2nd season). Results as of 31 Jan, 2015: W18, D4, L1. Leading the league by 15 points.

I've played about half the season unmodified, but right now I'm playing a tweaked version of the formation:

1) Added "Work Ball Into Box"

2) Disabled offside trap (after conceding lots of chances + a goal against Liverpool because of balls over the top. Knocked me out in the league cup semi final :()

3) More direct passing for attacking players (AML/R, ST, MCa), but not sure whether it has made a difference yet.

4) Far post crossing for wings.

There's something weird is going on with the rest of the league, though. Arsenal is currently at 15th, Chelsea and Man City at 7th and 8th. Cardiff (!!) at 2nd, Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham at 3rd, 4th and 5th. A bit OT, but are any of you getting weird leagues like this?

Don't worry, I'm in January with Milan and Chievo is 2nd lol

What do you mean with "all balance players"?

Played half a season with Newcastle...scored a bucketload. 65 scored in 26 but condecing far too many, nearly 40 conceded. Which seems to be the complete opposite of everyone else lol who are struggling to score but solid defensively.

Added "work into box" and turned off offside trap. Playing standard mentality. Really struggling.

Don't normally post but had to on this occasion to say what a wonderful tactic this was for my Liverpool team.

Scored the most goals, conceded the least amount of goals in the league. Iago Aspas scored 19 goals in the league. It bought the enjoyment back to the game!

Don't normally post but had to on this occasion to say what a wonderful tactic this was for my Liverpool team.

Scored the most goals, conceded the least amount of goals in the league. Iago Aspas scored 19 goals in the league. It bought the enjoyment back to the game!

Hello, did you change something in default tactic?

The only things I amended were as per post #86. I made an concerted effort to not change the tactic and let it settle in even if I lost. Of the 38 games, Won 29, Drew 9, Lost 4, Goals For 69, Goals against 25. 84 points in total.

Archived