[FM 14.1.4] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSination 1.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

I'm wondering if changing the SC role to something different with support duty will also work.

It's hard to find a good player that meets the requirements for 'false nine'...

Any thoughts?

I'd ignore that to a degree, I played a more attacking target man in my save, and he still gets loads of goals. In fact he gets a lot of headers from crosses, so my advice would be, find the best player you can afford and try him out.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update:

22 games played

12 wins

1 draw

9 defeats

42-41 goals

5th place (prediction 15th)

knocked out both domestic cups

Main concern : 2nd team with most conceded goals . I have good GK and defenders...

Do you think dropping defensive line will help ??

What about maintaining ball possession ? My assistant manager keeps telling in every game :" we should training defensive set pieces and maintain ball possession"

Appreciate the feedback

Cheers

I won the Bundesliga with ease by 12 points and the Champions League with Dortmund (post 261 on page 3) using my tweaked version of the tactic home and away making no changes to it with a decent defensive record.

You do need quick, intelligent CB's though or you could leak goals..

In my other save playing in League 2 with my newly promoted Grimsby side who are very weak, in away games or up against a tough team at home I sometimes drop the AML and AMR back so it’s a flat 4 in midfield and change the mentality to play on the counter. It’s hard for the opposition to break us down, especially with the DMC between the lines. Works really well hitting on the break when we win the ball back as we have pace with our wingers (very important) to create chances for the lone striker who is ready to pounce.

We've conceded much less by adopting this approach in certain matches.

Looking good so far with my Arsenal save. Undefeated with Dave Byrd's version

vQCU2Ps.png

*Update - Up to January and still undefeated, very nice! Even managed to beat Man City 2 - 1 after getting a man sent off in the third minute

TnAFB3O.jpg

*Update - First season finished, won the quadruple. Only two games lost in all competitions, one unlucky loss against Swansea and one against Man United after I already won the league and was playing with a bunch of youngsters. Sometimes it seems impossible to score no matter how much you're dominating, but it seems to be a flaw of the current patch. There's certainly no lack of chances created by the tactics

Won the league again:

q9dz.png

Also won the Champions League on penalties v Barcelona after a close game.

My young striker was top of the goals and assists for the second year running:

xnhc.png

My Team. As you can see the wingers and central midfielders all chipped in:

na61.png

alright mate, any idea where i can download this skin you use? many thanks

Well, went on to win the league and the FA Trophy. Played some fantastic football and only 6 defeats in 46 league games is very respectable in this tough league. Tactic clearly works well at this level:

vszp.png

uj4c.png

Just achieved promotion for the second successive year with my tweaked version of this tactic (post 302). Media prediction was 20th. My striker again topped the league scoring charts.

z8lz.png

1oso.png

8uy9.png

Well I pretty much scout players for the required position. I will then check their role suitability for the position I am after, and see if they have the stats for the attributes the game suggests they need.

For example: I will scout MC 1-20 that are top of the list. Then I will go into Midfielder A and select his suitability for say Advanced Playmaker. If he has, I will then check the scout report to see if my scout recommend that he is is better than what I currently have at the club.

Works ok for me anyway.

Had great success with Everton using Dave's tweak, finishing 2nd in the second season.

However, I was conceding an awful lot of goals from my own corners as only one man stayed back! Had to change the instructions. Anyone else experience this?

I really love Dave Byrds tactic. I'm playing with Liverpool and I'm about to start the 3rd season. My reputation has exploded during the first couple of seasons and we are now regarded as the biggest club in the world. I made a little tweak to the tactic changing the DW's to W(S).

During the first two seasons I've won two Premiership titles, the FA cup and a Champions League title.

I've got a crazy squad - the best in the world:

GK - Szczesny & Casteels

DR - Walker & Kelly

DC - Nkoulou & Caulker

DC - Nastasic & Umtiti

DL - Shaw & Davies

BWM - Wanyama & Capoue

BBM - Pogba & Gerrard

AP - Wilshere & Eriksen

WR - Diego Costa & Draxler

WL - Bale & Thauvin

F9 - Suarez & Lamela

I've just signed Bale before the beginning of the 3rd season and I'm reeeeaaaaally excited :-) Hope to win 7 titles in the coming season ;-)

I won the Bundesliga with ease by 12 points and the Champions League with Dortmund (post 261 on page 3) using my tweaked version of the tactic home and away making no changes to it with a decent defensive record.

You do need quick, intelligent CB's though or you could leak goals..

In my other save playing in League 2 with my newly promoted Grimsby side who are very weak, in away games or up against a tough team at home I sometimes drop the AML and AMR back so it’s a flat 4 in midfield and change the mentality to play on the counter. It’s hard for the opposition to break us down, especially with the DMC between the lines. Works really well hitting on the break when we win the ball back as we have pace with our wingers (very important) to create chances for the lone striker who is ready to pounce.

We've conceded much less by adopting this approach in certain matches.

Dave thanks for the feedback

I have finished season 5th which granted me a City invite , the oportunity to test the tactic as a big team.

Rough start but managed to win the EPL with 5 pts clear and 83 pts total, not a great season but enough to win. Not participate in euro competitions and reached only 1/4 finals of domestic cups.didnt buy anyone the squad was already good .

The problem with this game is team morale, when you are bad the ball wont go into to net, period ... that cost me several points in the first third of the season because the tactics only went fluid in October.

The tactic is very good no doubt about it but i think its not suitable to play all games because there isnt none that can do it nowadays. So from my experience i think this aproach need a tweek when :

drawing at halftime when favourite » switch to attacking

before the game against even(away) or better teams(home or away) » mentality normal and deeper defensive line (this gave me two decisive away wins at Arsenal and Man Utd by 4-1 and 4-2 VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME

defending a goal lead vs underdog @home » drop normal mentality if opp is attacking at 75th minute

defending a goal lead vs underdog @away » normal mentality and drop defensive line at 75th minute

`` `` vs even @home » `` at 75th minute

`` `` vs even @away » counter mentality and drop defensive line at 60th minute

`` `` vs better team @home or away » counter mentality and deeper defensive line as soon as you get the lead

Other issues :

To many goals conceeded! mostly with through passes behind the defense, 2nd corner crosses , set pieces and stupid mistakes (got 30 goals conceeded in 38 matches)

Very low eficiency from att setpieces

i look forward for any opinions

Thanks

The above post is probably the best advice for this (or most tactics) on this page. Use Dave and Ricrpor's advice and try experimenting on your own. A common sense approach to the team you are playing with and against will generally improve your situation.

Balls over the top are one of my biggest cause of goals conceded, but I know why, I am Wolves and my first choice Center Backs are both 10's on pace and acceleration, but their other attributes are pretty good. So while they may be great at marking the opposition striker they are beaten to the ball when the opposition forward is quicker or anticipates the ball over the top sooner. When you are playing with a defensive line this high, then you will leak goals on the counter attack. I drop deeper if I see the opposition forwards are faster. I am solving this by training up two faster defenders, but they are kids and they can not be relied on just yet to have the right reactions. So they are always chasing the forward down if I keep the line high.

The other goals I concede are crosses or solo runs from the wings and from corners.

I have not got into the top flight yet, but it is November of season 2 and I am top of the championship (tipped for mid table, but looking at a ranking on Genie scout I see I am the 4th best team in the league), unbeaten in 14, won 10 drew 4. I qualified from League 1 with a 19 point lead, but then that is an easy feat with Wolves who are a class above the rest of that league.

For the record I am using Dave's tactic with 2 tweaked versions as my other tactics, one to close the game out and one to play on the counter (you need a fast forward and wingers to play counter attack with this tactic in my experience).

Well, what worked for me was:

* If i'm favourite--------Attack.

* If even or i'm the underdog-------Control.

(In both situations if you're winning you can switch to ¨Standard¨ seems to work, not only defending but also scoring another goal, lol)

Training:

* Focus---------Defend.

* Pre-match Train:

- If Home---------Attack Movement.

- If Away---------Defend Movement.

For now, won a league with an underdog team, my striker, not a really good one (Antonio Calle if you want to know), has scored 32 goals in a single season.

I also won a Copa Federacion, Spanish Federation Cup.

Morale is very important, talk to your players from time to time.

Before a match, be assertive: Do it for the fans

Assertive------Defense/Midfielders/Attackers: I have faith in you

If you´re losing-------Aggresive, you're not happy with the performance.

If winning-----------Assertive---------You can improve.

hey fuss ur tactic is great still works a treat in 6 season but was wondering if u would be up for making a tactic like the ones mr hough used to make with 3 strikers as i have tried my self without any success and im sure load people would love to try it

The match engine has some things completly ridiculous and far from real. Several games the opposition doesnt make a shot in 70 minutes , then all of a sudden by some miracle it makes 10 shots and scores 1 or 2 goals , its stupid. Even if you are palying more conservative . This is odd when play against underdogs and for the last 15 minutes they change into Guardiola's Barca ... Nonsense.

hey fuss ur tactic is great still works a treat in 6 season but was wondering if u would be up for making a tactic like the ones mr hough used to make with 3 strikers as i have tried my self without any success and im sure load people would love to try it

mate your last 3 posts have been in tactic threads and all you are asking is for a tactic with three strikers....why not try and make one yourself instead of begging for a three striker tactic??

Actually i thought that's what these threads were for. Communicating and helping each other out. Some people are better than others at sorting certain aspects of the game. Some design great skins, some do great tactics and so on. These forums are for us all to share our experiences and skills. I would also LOVE a 4-1-2-3 tactic like the classic Mr Hough back to his best tactic of old and have busted my ass trying to make it work to no avail. Would be fantastic if someone could crack it :)

i took your advice so i tweaked this tactic and just put the 2 wingers in forward position with defensive forward with central striker to advanced forward changed team mentality to attack it works to some effect but not as good as should be

Actually i thought that's what these threads were for. Communicating and helping each other out. Some people are better than others at sorting certain aspects of the game. Some design great skins, some do great tactics and so on. These forums are for us all to share our experiences and skills. I would also LOVE a 4-1-2-3 tactic like the classic Mr Hough back to his best tactic of old and have busted my ass trying to make it work to no avail. Would be fantastic if someone could crack it :)

cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well said

:applause:

i took your advice so i tweaked this tactic and just put the 2 wingers in forward position with defensive forward with central striker to advanced forward changed team mentality to attack it works to some effect but not as good as should be

Actually there's one or two decent tactic here with 3 strikers up front. pm-ed u the link

Three promotions in three seasons from non league to the Championship with my tweaked version of the tactic. Media prediction was 24th for League 1.

o72h.png

z8lz.png

vszp.png

In each of the three seasons my STC was the leagues top scorer:

ztfp.png

Team:

51xk.png

Where is the tweaked version i can download mate:)

Three promotions in three seasons from non league to the Championship with my tweaked version of the tactic. Media prediction was 24th for League 1.

o72h.png

z8lz.png

vszp.png

In each of the three seasons my STC was the leagues top scorer:

ztfp.png

Team:

51xk.png

What is the best and quickest way to get the team tactic fully fluid?

Archived