[FM 14.1.4] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSination 1.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am nearly halfway through my first season (mid-November) in the Greek Superleague with Panthrakikos (Media Prediction: Last, No Budget), with no transfers whatsoever, and I am incredibly 1st in the league at the moment! The team is playing good football, goals conceded often come from set-pieces or attributable to the weakest link in my team, the GK. I don;t change anything besides switching around from 'Standard' to either 'Counter', 'Defensive' or 'Attacking' depending on circumstances, but largely playing Very Rigid + Standard.

Excellent, and the potential is incredible with transfer signings or a possible entry into European football (2nd to 5th place play play-offs at the end of the season to qualify for 1 CL Spot + 2-3 EC spots).

Played half a season with Newcastle...scored a bucketload. 65 scored in 26 but condecing far too many, nearly 40 conceded. Which seems to be the complete opposite of everyone else lol who are struggling to score but solid defensively.Added "work into box" and turned off offside trap. Playing standard mentality. Really struggling.
Read my post above and try switching between Standard and Counter. Newcastle are a decent team so occasionally you might want to consider attacking or Control.For me this year it's very important to look at the form the team you are playing are in and adjust accordingly. (note form, not league position).

Again some great posts - wish you'd all do some more screen shots though! lazy beggars :p

I've absolutely dominated the PL with Southampton (2nd season). Results as of 31 Jan, 2015: W18, D4, L1. Leading the league by 15 points.

I've played about half the season unmodified, but right now I'm playing a tweaked version of the formation:

1) Added "Work Ball Into Box"

2) Disabled offside trap (after conceding lots of chances + a goal against Liverpool because of balls over the top. Knocked me out in the league cup semi final :()

3) More direct passing for attacking players (AML/R, ST, MCa), but not sure whether it has made a difference yet.

4) Far post crossing for wings.

I'm pretty much sold on no offside trap and work ball into box myself now.

But I'm not convinced by far post crossing, and I've not even tested direct passing on the attacking players, would appreciate any thoughts the further you go.

@ FUSS what about the striker role??

i test deep-lying forward and poacher atm i think the striker scores more than false nine

Poacher will score more, but your team will be less compact and he'll get a lot less assists. I'm a Fan of the False 9 and haven't seen much reason to change it yet.

down to ten men?

I tend to remove the Box-to-Box (MCR) if that happens.

Have begun to distrust tactics which are not tested on the first season. After the first season the players has developed the club got the players etc in. A couple of nerw versions of tactics are being lauded because theyre being tested in the nnth season of the game.

Has anyone tested this on skrill level first season. Going to try with Whitehawk but would appreciate any low level feedback.

Have begun to distrust tactics which are not tested on the first season. After the first season the players has developed the club got the players etc in. A couple of nerw versions of tactics are being lauded because theyre being tested in the nnth season of the game.

Has anyone tested this on skrill level first season. Going to try with Whitehawk but would appreciate any low level feedback.

I can absolutely attest to this being a fantastic low level, first season tactic. No signings made.

(This is with Mentality switched to Attacking and added the team instructions 'Work Ball Into Box' & 'Stay On Feet')

I used it in the Swedish Second Division (lowest playable tier, their 4th) and won my league by 19 points (league table).

Fixtures for the year.

Squad stats at the end of the season - My False Nine scored 19 and assisted on 12 in his 23 league games.

I can absolutely attest to this being a fantastic low level, first season tactic. No signings made.

(This is with Mentality switched to Attacking and added the team instructions 'Work Ball Into Box' & 'Stay On Feet')

I used it in the Swedish Second Division (lowest playable tier, their 4th) and won my league by 19 points (league table).

Fixtures for the year.

Squad stats at the end of the season - My False Nine scored 19 and assisted on 12 in his 23 league games.

Good enough for me :)

All my screen shots are from the default, first season squads of Norwich City and Tottenham!

Hi Fuss !! Great tactics, but I have a problem I have a lot of shots and not used CCC, and another problem is that I lose a lot of goals from counter-attacks an opponent, (ball behind the back of my defenders) ps. soryy for my english . How to defend against the counter ?

What do you mean with "all balance players"?

Putting all 10 outfield players on Defend Corner duty. Just make sure they are in or around the box. Normally, you will have 2 outfield players attacking during Defending Corners. Change their instruction to Go Back.

You will never concede a goal on corners, trust me. No need for any special training like "Def Set Pieces" or anything. Enjoy!!

Putting all 10 outfield players on Defend Corner duty. Just make sure they are in or around the box. Normally, you will have 2 outfield players attacking during Defending Corners. Change their instruction to Go Back.

You will never concede a goal on corners, trust me. No need for any special training like "Def Set Pieces" or anything. Enjoy!!

Could you upload your settings maybe? Not really sure about what you mean? :/

cheers

Change every player except your Goalkeeper to 'Go Back'

Ok, thanks! But, the goalkeeper is set to "Go Back"!?

Edit:

The first match after using the setting "Go Back" for all 10 outfield players, i concede 2 goals from corner.....?

But I'm not convinced by far post crossing, and I've not even tested direct passing on the attacking players, would appreciate any thoughts the further you go.

On my side (with a tactic mainly inspired by Killie and your approach), I've tested far post crossing but never with good results.

In a lone stricker with 2 inside forward formation, I was expecting good results but no way. Only lost crosses.

But maybe there was something wrong in my settings. The idea was to :

- Use team instruction "Drill crosses"

- Use "Aim at far post" for the 2 wingers/inside forward

- Use "Go forward" (sorry, in french it's "Monter davantage") for both wingers.

- Set 2 wingers/inside forward to Attack.

For direct passing, I use it in my last matches with great results. Set more direct passing player instructions for Inside forward, Forward and my attacking MC.

It seems to generate more through balls, more crosses and more chances of scoring.

Ok, thanks! But, the goalkeeper is set to "Go Back"!?

Edit:

The first match after using the setting "Go Back" for all 10 outfield players, i concede 2 goals from corner.....?

Not able to take screenshot. Let me explain in detail the corner setting below:

DR: Mark Far Post

DC: Mark Tall Player

DL: Mark Near Post

DM: Mark Small Player

MC: Mark six yard box

MC: Man Mark

AMR: Mark Far Post

AML: Go Back

ST: Go Back

Since the ME seems to be broken, my hypothesis is that by doing this you ensure that none of the opposition players in or around the penalty area is unmarked. You can see an extra player for "Mark Far Post" because of obvious reasons.

So is the best tactic to download the one in the OP and apply these:

Great tactics. Works like a charm.

I made 3 changes in the tactics which I have listed below which makes this wonderful tactics even better:

1) Added: "Cross Aim Far Post" to both the wingers.This leads to the other winger making a run in to the box as soon as the drilled cross comes in - and eventually scoring / heading on to the post / losing the header.

2) Changed defensive corner set up: All balance players "Sent Back" as we all know marking during corners is broken right now. Have yet to concede a goal on corner in the last 20 matches.

3) Changed Attacking Corners to "Aim Far Post". Somehow this works better as the tall CB at far corner heads in to the six yard box and one of the strikers/Wingers shoot the ball in to the roof of the net.

Is that the best way to use this tactic?

Starting using this with Dortmund roughly 10 games into my second season after the latest patch ruined the 5-3-2 formation I'd been using that won me the title the previous year. We'd already lost twice and had a couple of draws at this point..

I changed the mentality to control, took off the offside trap, retain possession and took the shorter passing off for the wingers, striker and advanced playmaker and put them all on more direct passing. Most importantly I added work ball into box.

Result was we retained the title:

4f2b.png

My 19 year old stiker (who i signed to replace Robert Lewandowski who left on a free the previous year) top scored in the league with 25 goals and amazingly also topped the league assist chart with 14.

43 goals from 53 games overall was a very decent tally for the youngster in his debut Dortmund season and his 16 in the Champions League is an all time record:

tdnn.png

et6i.png

The other notable performer was my AMR scoring 20 in the league (3rd top scorer) and 24 overall. The majority of his goals were set up by my striker holding the ball up and laying it off for him to bomb forward and slot it into the net.

tyb5.png

We lost the Champions League final for the second successive year against the same team, Chelsea....

Great tactic. Look forward to the next update.

I must say i realy struggle.

Getting my atleeticoteam to perform has been a nightmare, and i constantly find myself in dire need of swapping tactics at half time to try to salvage anything.

Bear in mind i have tweaked more direct passes on the 3 up front as only tweak to the originale v1.

The games seem easier to totaly dominate with my op team if i use other tactics, but then agin i might be doing it wrong.

Trying Messi as AML and Markovic as AMR might not suit the defencive duties of the DW, but i just cannot force myself to put them out of the team :/

Not able to take screenshot. Let me explain in detail the corner setting below:

Since the ME seems to be broken, my hypothesis is that by doing this you ensure that none of the opposition players in or around the penalty area is unmarked. You can see an extra player for "Mark Far Post" because of obvious reasons.

I thought you just send everyone to "Go back" instead of marking Tall, smaller and in the six yard box. But, you are saying to use this setup and you will barely concede any goals from corners?

Trying it out with Sunderland with a couple of tweaks (forward, wingers and AP playing more directly, ticked "use off side trap" off and "work ball into box" on).

Offensively i'm not scoring much, but I'm Sunderland, and I'm getting a couple of chances a game, so it's OK.

Defensively my full backs are getting beat all day by the oppositions wingers, so I have set duties to defend. Any thoughts? Also my defence seems to have problems with teams playing with two forwards (got beat 6-1 by Bournemouth, with one of the forwards having scored a hattrick by the end of the first half).

About 50 % familiarty right now, so I'm I'll wait to see how it works out, when I'm at 100 %.

I thought you just send everyone to "Go back" instead of marking Tall, smaller and in the six yard box. But, you are saying to use this setup and you will barely concede any goals from corners?

Sorry for my bad English (4th language). What I meant was sending all players who are not inside the box to defending duty inside the box.

The tactic is average. Especially in terms of possession or attack in general where it offers nothing special or good at all. The only good thing about the tactic is the corner kick routine. Which explains why he did well with a team like Norwich.

The tactic is average. Especially in terms of possession or attack in general where it offers nothing special or good at all. The only good thing about the tactic is the corner kick routine. Which explains why he did well with a team like Norwich.

That's just Bull....

I have tryed all tac nearly for fm14 and fuss's is the best

Have u even tryed this tac proper or is it just to get one more mark in your posts

btw im spurs started beating Crystal palace 7-1 won all my friendly's

I started my game in the russian league in viewmode so I have a hole month more to get the tac 100 % fluid

And all my preps are tac tac tac and the slider to the left

Could not disagree more with this.

I have set my corners to mixed (I always do, with all tactics) and having great success.

nonsense.

the short corner kick routine is actually useless in 14.1.4 maybe you're just a pirate stuck in the buggy 14.1.3?

Tactic is extremely solid defensively and gives control of possession and play. In my experience sometimes it's hard to consistently create clear chances for the attackers, though I must say I tend to play standard mentality as my team isn't that great :)

Things that seem to help a bit (at least in my experience): giving the AP more direct passing instructions, and using a left-footed player at AMR (together with another lefty at AML). This gives more variety to the attack as the AMR cuts inside to shoot or play a killer ball for the striker more often thus adding a new weapon. Maybe something to try in some matches when you feel the attack is becoming predictable.

Very good tactic, Fuss. Helped me A LOT :thup:

@Braumiller, kandersson and Трой: don't reply to that worthless WUM, he just wants some attention - the best thing to do is not give him any and he'll go away.

Thank you for providing this tactic, FuSS. Going to try it out with a Football League 2 team, will let you know how I get on.

I want to show you how average the tactic is. First season in EPL with Millwall.

kNGenY8.png

UQosS7x.png

The only changes I made was to set my CD to Cover, removed offside trap and set work ball into box. I changed mentalities depending on the game (Attack, Normal and Counter). And I prefer left foot on the left side and right foot on the right side. I don't like them to cut inside. And the short passing on the attacking players works just fine.

@Braumiller, kandersson and Трой: don't reply to that worthless WUM, he just wants some attention - the best thing to do is not give him any and he'll go away.

Thank you for providing this tactic, FuSS. Going to try it out with a Football League 2 team, will let you know how I get on.

Don't worry, my response was not for him. It was for those who read and use this thread positively, just make sure they knew what was written was not true :thup:

Don't worry, my response was not for him. It was for those who read and use this thread positively, just make sure they knew what was written was not true :thup:

yeah same here, mostly providing some feedback for Fuss and the people interested in his tactic :)

The only changes I made was to set my CD to Cover

Did you change both CB's to Cover, or just 1? I am going to try and using 1 Cover and 1 Def, and see how that goes. Turning offside trap off and work ball into box seems to help a lot though for sure.

Archived