[FM 14.1.4] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSination 1.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

Hello there :)

I have tried this tactic from the very beginning with Basingstoke, but unfortunately the tactic wont work for me. Not sure if it is because this is a LLM team but as you can see in the fixture screenshot I´m really struggeling to win. I create quiet some chances, have more possesion, good passing score, etc. but my team simply does not score very often and concede quiet a lot, especially through counter attack. I have already adjusted a couple of things based on earlier comments here (attacking style, work ball into box, switch off offside, etc) but still no 3p games for my team. Very annoying. Are there more experiences with LLM ?

9D9AAE508E7FAD08B20477266A932C55BCBE41BA

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you change both CB's to Cover, or just 1? I am going to try and using 1 Cover and 1 Def, and see how that goes. Turning offside trap off and work ball into box seems to help a lot though for sure.

Both of them. Improved a lot.

Both of them. Improved a lot.

Cool will try this, thanks. I also removed Push Up Higher and seem to be leaking a lot less goals, was still getting beat easily on quick counters and thru balls once in awhile, will report back after more matches.

Putting all 10 outfield players on Defend Corner duty. Just make sure they are in or around the box. Normally, you will have 2 outfield players attacking during Defending Corners. Change their instruction to Go Back.

You will never concede a goal on corners, trust me. No need for any special training like "Def Set Pieces" or anything. Enjoy!!

Thank you!!

Started a new game with Bromley (Skrill South). Won the leage and FA Trophy my first season. :D

The match schedule was insane at times.

Final league table [full size]

cSSBQZiArfpKpnJQ1Cx13AkLJ.png

FA Trophy final [full size]

iQ9yjdsxef3F3fIrWl1lnUodT.png

Team stats [full size]

cYQGB1WpAYM8FhFd4bfrCwJpE.png

My player of the year [full size]

Got a bit scared when he got strained knee ligaments before the last 6 vital games, but things turned out alright event without him

hb4o62CxrHg8atFOm0U0qBnEe.png

Made the following change to the tactic (to the best of my recollection):

* Turned off: Offside, push higher up,

* When facing a team with quick attackers, or when seeing a lot of balls being sent over the top, I added "drop deeper" (or "drop much deeper")

* More direct passing for AML/R, ST, MCa

I scored a good number of goals but didn't have a stand out player. Each game was a struggle and i had some periods with non-winning streaks of 5/6. Saying that i finished 6th when i was predicted 10th.

This season ive purchased Ayew (16 mill) from City, Lennon (4'4 mill) from Spurs. Last year i re-trained Lallana to play on the left and loaned Salvio from SLB and played Osvaldo on the right but both didn't perform as i would have liked.

For my second season ive implemented the changes mentioned in this forum....No offside, work ball, direct passing for wingers ect, and center backs to cover. Lets see how we do.

86sh.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

version 1.1 is coming along nicely.

There's a 1.1 in the making?

Fuss, you are my hero since FM12 (or was it FM11, don't remember). I loved the 4-4-2 you had going. Still my favourite formation is 4-4-2 but I guess it's a no go on FM14 (as far as I can say after some seasons trying to get it working).

Thanks Fuss and keep up the good work :)

I have to support Widowmaker on this one.

Its not working at all, and my Atletico 6 seasons winning everything testing tactics can barely sniff top 3 in La Liga and finished bottom in the CL grp stages.

Luckily for me my game crashed so i will have to reroll again early season. (there goes an all nighter playing what a waste...)

I have to support Widowmaker on this one.

My poor results came about when i tried to implement the changes (near post cross, direct passing for attacking players ect)

I had very good results before and since my last message ive gone back to the original and just changed the offside and work the ball changes and the results are fantastic!

8in4.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Second in the prem with wins over City, Liverpool (4-0) away, Draw with Chelsea and ive beaten Arsenal. since ive had Arron Lennon in the team im getting goals from the wing too (9)

Helmerzinho - I don't know how you went about inputting this formation but its taken me a whole season to get my players playing the way i want and too change the philosophy of the club to play this way. Also giving players preferred move training that matched the tactic its very hard work but worth it in the end. The first season i finished 6th when predicted 10th but it was a struggle. this season im predicted 8th and currently 2nd by a point or two and ive been unbeaten for 14 games only losing 1 all season.

Great work Fuss when i pick the right changes

Which preferred moves did you use for which positions?

Its really just looking at the position role and copying what you're trying to do...

So i looked at Osvaldo who plays my False 9 role. The False 9 drops back into midfield and supplies the pass for my wingers and on-rushing BBM/AP. So i trained him to come deep to get the ball and try killer passes.

The fullbacks are told to mark tighter so i trained them in this.

AP to get further forward as he will be my main goal threat from the center of midfield

Just look at your team/player tactic and see what needs to be done :D

Won the Premier League with Barnet losing twice all season. Used the 1.0 with offsides off and pass into space on.

Screen_Shot_2013_12_10_at_11_35_53.png

What strategy did you use the most time? My team is the 4th best on the league and usually I use attacking and standard strategy. I have noticed that when I drop to counter strategy is like I score an own-goal. This is also true the last 4-5 years in FM...once you go defensive they score, no matter what team you will play...

So when you play with a strong opponent, or when you are away and you are slight underdogs or slight favorite what strategy you use? Also if you lead the game by 2 goals, do you go to counter?

Very good tactic, but defending corners is abyssmal. I lost two big games due to conceding two goals from corners, that is really bad, especially since it ended my Monaco's adventure in Champion's League. I'm hoping this will be corrected in 1.1. Keep up the good work.

Must say this tactic is immense. I'm 14 games unbeaten with Auxerre. No signings. Top and clear by 9 points at christmas. My striker is looking like wining player of the year. Both wingers are scoring bucketloads.

I've made the following tweaks:

Striker: Hold up ball

Defenders: Cover (CB)

Fullback + Wingers: Cross to back post.

Team: Offside off, work ball into box, stay on feet.

I need to look at the corner. You've made this FM really fun so far though. I was really struggling to get a balanced tactic.

I like tweaking these sorts of tactics as I go along. From memory so far I've done as other people have and disabled the offside trap and started to work the ball into the box. I've also been experimenting with trying to move away from the defensive wingers to something more expansive (ongoing experiment) and I now play with a poacher instead of a false 9. Working okay so far. A few teething problems to work out as always but I can see a few things that are beginning to make more sense now. I've been having some success with the 'hit early crosses' instruction, mainly due to playing a poacher, I suspect, and that's something I'm going to try to persevere with to see if it works long term.

I've also changed the corner routine, as I didn't really like the short corners as much. I've been putting inswingers to the near post, which is yielding a few goals.

Very good tactic, but defending corners is abyssmal. I lost two big games due to conceding two goals from corners, that is really bad, especially since it ended my Monaco's adventure in Champion's League. I'm hoping this will be corrected in 1.1. Keep up the good work.

I tweaked the setup to the following:

I put the wingers on the posts, put my two centre halves on marking tall players, my striker on stay forward and everyone else on man mark. It's been working well for me thus far.

There plenty of chat on here about the right winger scoring loads of goals. This is true for me too but why the right and not the left? I've just spent a club record on Ayew and he cant get a touch as Lennon is hogging all the play...ideas on sharing the load?

I find playing a left footer on the right, and a right footer on the left, yield's more goals by cutting in and getting shots off.

I find playing a left footer on the right, and a right footer on the left, yield's more goals by cutting in and getting shots off.

I will try but i don't have a issue with Lennon from the right its just Ayew cant get a rating over 6'6 most game. I watch the extended highlights and see this is down to him getting very little touches.

What strategy did you use the most time? My team is the 4th best on the league and usually I use attacking and standard strategy. I have noticed that when I drop to counter strategy is like I score an own-goal. This is also true the last 4-5 years in FM...once you go defensive they score, no matter what team you will play...

So when you play with a strong opponent, or when you are away and you are slight underdogs or slight favorite what strategy you use? Also if you lead the game by 2 goals, do you go to counter?

I used Attacking throughout the season.

Rarely found myself changing during games either.

I've tested a lot of tactics in FM14 and this is the best - by far! The possession and stats in generel may not look great but it's very effective. I won the Premier League in the first season finishing on 89 points. My team weren't that great either. The only thing I changed was the wingers. I don't like defensive wingers so I changed to normal wingers.

I will try but i don't have a issue with Lennon from the right its just Ayew cant get a rating over 6'6 most game. I watch the extended highlights and see this is down to him getting very little touches.

Have you tried changing the 4 attacking players (Striker, 2x Wingers and AP) to play "more direct passes"?

Have you tried changing the 4 attacking players (Striker, 2x Wingers and AP) to play "more direct passes"?

Yea and it din't go very well. Lost 5 from 8 games and the results got back on track when i reverted. Ive cut out the offside attempts and told them to work the ball. Both have improved the goals from the right

I was also experiencing what some ppl here has said that it seemed like the tactic all of a sudden started to not work, after working brilliantly the season before.

I did the same tweaks as everybody else, but it didnt seem to work.

Instead of changing the tactics I started to work on getting the morale of the players up during and after matches.

Now with mostly having "green" responses for most players from my teamtalks I'm on a 35 games unbeaten run in all competitions with about 4 games to play in the league. (Newcastle, PL, 2017).

Im not scoring too many goals and my goal difference is 72-17 in 34 games in the PL.

Benteke and Schurrle is my joint best goalscorers in the PL on 11 goals each.

Conclusion is, put more time and effort into teamtalks and man management than into the tactic if you are starting to have bad slumps.

Conclusion is, put more time and effort into teamtalks and man management than into the tactic if you are starting to have bad slumps.

Agreed. After going on a run of good form it's important to guard against complacency otherwise results will deteriorate. From what I've read team talks are the most effective tools at your disposal.

I've found a useful looking guide here. Haven't used it yet myself but looks as though it's had a lot of positive feedback.

I've now used this tactic for an entire season with Vancouver Whitecaps and it's been working quite well. My unbeaten record stretched to 17 games, and I finished first in the league by 2 points, in a season where the Board expected a top half finish and the players didn't think that was possible. I used Fuss' 1.0 tactic and really only changed the mentality depending on the circumstances. I used Standard when I played a team lower than me in the league, or in poor form. I used Counter when playing a team higher than me or in better form and used Defensive when I was up by one goal in the game or when the opposition was really coming after me. My False 9 (Marco Di Vaio) both scored and created goals, and my D Wingers finished with 14 goals each and about half that in assist. My AP had over 16 assists and will probably be player of the season. Whenever I used an Attacking mentality I almost always conceded a goal within the next 10 minutes. I also noticed that, in the games that I won, much of the passing went through my RB and my D Winger on the right. I think it's important to have very good players in these two positions.

I'm in the playoffs now and I think the tactic has gone off the boil a bit, or my players have become too complacent after winning so many games. I noticed that my Ass. Manager in a post-game report warned that many of my players were too overconfident and thought they could win just by turning up. To counteract that, I've become more aggressive in team talks. In the playoffs, I've won 5-0, lost 2-0 (for a 5-2 aggregate win) and then drew 1-1 against San Jose in a game where I dominated, had 18 shots to their 3 shots and 68% possession. My next game is a home game so I think I'll go Standard and then try to work the ball into the box.

Thanks Fuss!

Archived