FMC in FM14: What We Know So Far

"Football Manager Classic evolved: Managers can now choose more than three playable nations in Classic mode for a more immersive experience. In addition, FM’s ‘fast play’ mode now includes Transfer Deadline Day, a Match Plan wizard and new unlockables."

Good news that we can now select more than three playable nations - although I would be interested to know if there is a limit set? Also no detail as yet on whether we can de-select leagues within a nation.

Not bothered with the unlockables; and I think it is good to have a bit more around transfer deadline days.

Lots of people been demanding more than three nations since the beta release, so that's a no-brainer. Hope we can exclude irrelevant lower leagues, too.

Never really been into transfer deadline day or unlockables.

I'd like to know which changes in full fat FM will be included in FMC, like the new tactical system.

I was hoping club finances was going to be a major development for this years FMC. Last years finance page was disappointing in its lack of detail. Still plenty of time for it to be announced yet though.

If we can get 5 nations so I can do England, France, Spain, Germany and Italy then that would be great. I did use some of the unlockables last season but they certainly weren't a core part of FMC so it's a shame they've got pride of place over other important changes (such as finances, hard to follow player development etc). The match plan wizard will just have been borrowed from Football Manager Live but its still a useful addition.

The only reason I play FMC is to get away from team talks. If they're introduced it's back to FM2005 for me.

Yes any return of team talks will be a deal breaker for me too.

i really hope we can de-select leagues within a nation, especially when you can choose more than 3 nations in FM2014. England itself has 7 leagues. Surely it will slow down the speed of the game, as more fixtures to be processed.

Deselecting leagues within a nation will be the only feature that would make me want to quit FMC13 and buy FM14.

I'm hoping for the addition of some of the tactical analysis screens but not overly optimistic. Sort of thing which can be used if required but ignored if not so hopefully not too intrusive on the fmc experience..No to team talks for me personally. I'd have to stick with 13 if they rear their ugly head in 14.

Looks like FMC isn't much of a focus this year. Miles announced an official real time editor for the full version but it's not coming to FMC - I'm guessing the same goes for the official editor. That was probably the most requested feature for FMC. Thoroughly underwhelmed so far.

I'm hoping for the addition of some of the tactical analysis screens but not overly optimistic. Sort of thing which can be used if required but ignored if not so hopefully not too intrusive on the fmc experience..No to team talks for me personally. I'd have to stick with 13 if they rear their ugly head in 14.
Agree with this in it's entirety. More analysis screens would be great.

Looks like FMC isn't much of a focus this year. Miles announced an official real time editor for the full version but it's not coming to FMC - I'm guessing the same goes for the official editor. That was probably the most requested feature for FMC. Thoroughly underwhelmed so far.

This shouldn't come as a surprise because if you had an editor there would be almost no need for the unlockables and the in-game store. I doubt we would have ever seen FMC if it didn't have the micro transactions inbuilt into it.

Because real managers don't do team talks?

Real managers don't take a bankrupted club from amateur football to win the champions league. Yet that challenge within a GAME is what motivates people to PLAY it. Big keywords here are "Game" and "Play".

Many many players of this game have found that team talks irritate them and add to their frustration. Perhaps the basic reason is that you are expecting to code within a computer game something as complicate as human interaction.

And while experience might be the key of handling a real life interaction, when that interaction goes wrong because the digital player didn't react as you hoped it would it gets annoying. If it was easy to predict the digital players reaction then what is the need to add a tedious predictable and repeatable task? Finally if SI can simulate coach - digital player interaction in a "realistic", fun, intriguitive way - then they should stop FM immediately and start developing AI robotic prototypes.

Real managers don't take a bankrupted club from amateur football to win the champions league. Yet that challenge within a GAME is what motivates people to PLAY it. Big keywords here are "Game" and "Play".

Many many players of this game have found that team talks irritate them and add to their frustration. Perhaps the basic reason is that you are expecting to code within a computer game something as complicate as human interaction.

And while experience might be the key of handling a real life interaction, when that interaction goes wrong because the digital player didn't react as you hoped it would it gets annoying. If it was easy to predict the digital players reaction then what is the need to add a tedious predictable and repeatable task? Finally if SI can simulate coach - digital player interaction in a "realistic", fun, intriguitive way - then they should stop FM immediately and start developing AI robotic prototypes.

Far point, you explained well the major problem with team talks and media interaction, at the moment AI (at least in a computer game) can't reproduce human behavior in a way that is not repetitive and boring.

This is the main reason why I'm looking forward to FMC 14 this year, with more leagues available (and more players) it could be a nice option and could rival with the full game if you prefer focus your attention on tactics and transfers mainly.

After a promising first installment, with FMC 13, I hope SI could have tweaked an already solid game.

I like doing team talks. And player interaction. It adds a human element and a higher level of realism to the game.

And fortunately for you this is offered in the full version of FM14. For those of us that find it adds nothing to the game experience, we have FMC.

Hi - I'm 6 years old - thanks for that

Apologies for spamming the thread for both me and the quoted

Calm down folks :) I know of no game which has interaction developed to a level which won't annoy and bore the pants off some of us very quickly, and even if it was perfect I for one would rather not have it.

FMC is for us, the full game is for those who want it.

There should be basic pre match, half time and full time team talks. Just basic ones. Deselecting leagues within country's as well. I'd like basic access to the editor. Just allowing us to move players. Surely that can be done? The finances can be locked if it interferes with the unlockables.

I haven't played FM since 2010 due to having a young family. I did give the FMC13 demo a quick blast last year and liked it, but not enough to buy the game.

I am however going to give it a go this year.

Do it! I'm in the same boat and have found FMC to be great, especially in the limited time I have available.

Was a huge fan of all of CM/FM until FM2007 (by no means perfect but the best game in the series IMO) but since then havn't been able to get into a save until FMC came along.... all the (IMO of course) repetitive time consuming new features that came along in the subsequent games made me feel like managing my team was a second job.

What i would like to improve FMC in 2014 is an FMC editor and basic team talks but havn't heard anything so far :(

Eventually i think FMC should evolve so that you can add or remove modules that you want / dont want in the game, not sure how easy that would be to implement though...

I would Like FMC 14 to have the reserve and U20 or 19 Teams they have the reserve one already but not the youth teams its frustrating but manageable. also would be nice to be able to use classic tactics in FMC instead of just the Wizard ones.

also would be nice to be able to use classic tactics in FMC instead of just the Wizard ones.

I think this is highly unlikely.

It is clear that sliders will be gone from the Simulation mode, and as FMC is a more accessible version of the game, it would be somewhat contradictory to leave the most ambiguous element of the game in that accessible version.

I think this is highly unlikely.

It is clear that sliders will be gone from the Simulation mode, and as FMC is a more accessible version of the game, it would be somewhat contradictory to leave the most ambiguous element of the game in that accessible version.

True, only ambiguous roles will stay :)

Is there going to be an update on what features will be in FMC2014? I see a lot happening on FM2014 but unsure what will make it through into classic. A dedicated update would be appreciated

Yes please.

• Administrators
Looks much better, improved scouting and league set up.

Quick question, are the managerial betting odds included in FMC? I really like that new feature from the full version.

Many changes (and features) in FM are carried over to, and shared with FMC. The fun though, is finding out these things out for yourself :)

Many changes (and features) in FM are carried over to, and shared with FMC
- really important that one. And hopefully more informational feedback, aka finances, league standing etc. On top of that my personal favourite,

having editor options available (the obsucre transfer values under nation in the editor) to succesfully run a small nation on FMC, for me sort of the point: FMC makes longterm, bring up a small league/country games more feasible!

like the broadening of scouting and being able to choose database size. Also more training info/ positional training is good.

As tactics sliders are removed I would like to see some opposition instructions or ability to specifically man mark certain players, otherwise its difficult to adapt to different AI's formations. here's hoping.

also hoping to be able to train specific areas and tutor young players.

Archived