FM13 Release Date & Pre-Order Incentive

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The demo is different from the beta.

The beta is the full game (except network games and editor) that you can create your own save in whatever setup you want. the demo is the usual one with a set number of quickstarts and you can only play until Jan 1st in game.

SI haven't said when the demo will be released.

The demo is different from the beta.

The beta is the full game (except network games and editor) that you can create your own save in whatever setup you want. the demo is the usual one with a set number of quickstarts and you can only play until Jan 1st in game.

SI haven't said when the demo will be released.

Yes, they have said the demo will be out around 1 week before release.

Hmm, I ordered my game through 365games.co.uk as they advertise the beta access as well on their website. For some reason I cannot find them on the list, problem or am I blind (which would also be a problem)?

And just wondering, I have purchased the game from a UK retailer, but do not live in the UK. Does this still mean that I can download and play the "beta"? Or is this locked per region?

Just pre-ordered through steam, got an email with the receipt of the game but no code for the pre-release. How long does it take to come through

Presumably if you've ordered through steam then you won't get a code, since the beta will be distributed via steam.

That would be a bit like going in to a shop and buying gift vouchers, then spending them in the shop.

I don't have it yet, anyone?

Ordered it too from GreenMan, asked them and this is their answer:

pinkertron, Oct 07 15:52 (BST):

Hi,

Thank you for your ticket. Your activation code for Football Manager 2013 will be made available to you closer to the release date and in time for the Beta period.

Kind regards,

Green Man Gaming

Customer Service

Hi all, wanted to clarify about digital downloads. For all digital downloads purchases, we'll get Steam code which means we'll have to play fm 2013 on Steam for Mac? Is buying the boxed version the only way to play the game without steam? Or can you play FM 2013 separately just like FM 2011?

Hi all, wanted to clarify about digital downloads. For all digital downloads purchases, we'll get Steam code which means we'll have to play fm 2013 on Steam for Mac? Is buying the boxed version the only way to play the game without steam? Or can you play FM 2013 separately just like FM 2011?

All versions require you to use Steam, Boxed and digital.

Hi,

I purchased my copy of FIFA 13 at GAME Colchester. I saw that you can get £5 off of Football Manager 2013, and I like having the hard copy of the game. I went into my Game store today to Pre-Order and asked about the 2 week early Beta promotion. I was advised they haven't been given any codes yet, and that I therefore couldn't currently pre-order, and advised to come back nearer the time.

Is this typical of all GAME stores, and does this sound correct? Should I just wait and assume they'll be able to sort me two weeks prior to release?

Was a bit suprised so thought I'd ask around.

Ey guys! I'm from spain and I have a question about the photos in the game... Last FM I played was FM 11 spanish version and only players in La Liga did have a picture of them in their profile. How is this thing going in the UK version? Because I'm ordering a UK version 'cause it's cheaper but I'd Like to know if I'm going to have pictures of the Premier League or La Liga...does it depend of the version of the game or it's the same for the entire world?

Thank you very much and keep doing this great job

Ey guys! I'm from spain and I have a question about the photos in the game... Last FM I played was FM 11 spanish version and only players in La Liga did have a picture of them in their profile. How is this thing going in the UK version? Because I'm ordering a UK version 'cause it's cheaper but I'd Like to know if I'm going to have pictures of the Premier League or La Liga...does it depend of the version of the game or it's the same for the entire world?

Thank you very much and keep doing this great job

All the versions are the same, we had the La Liga player pics as well.

Just bought the game from Green Man Gaming for £19.50, using the voucher code on page 1. Nice one!

Just did the same. 26 US Dollars. I almost pre-ordered from Steam a few days back so I'm glad I held off.

Greenmangaming is listed as an eligible digital retailer for beta release bonus, but my confirmation email states "This game is not available for download yet. It will be unlocked on 02-Nov-2012. Any required keys will be made available on that date." I hope they get the memo and send me the key two weeks early.

I just have one question, how will the release day update affect my Beta save game?

It's a beta, so chance of bugs are likely and normally updates doesn't correct all errors in save games - so won't the Beta game just be a longer demo version? And people will have to start a new game anyway?

Also, if I understand the FAQ correct, some stuff is locked even in the available beta game modes - this should be unlocked on release day, but does that also count for beta saves?

Good bye to the second half of October then!

I'm really pleased about this Beta preview thing. My wife and I have the first week of November off together (booked months before the FM release date was announced) and I was wondering how I was going to swing playing the game constantly. Now I'll get my hands on the Beta 2 weeks earlier, I'll have got a little of the new game excitement out of my system...

I'm really pleased about this Beta preview thing. My wife and I have the first week of November off together (booked months before the FM release date was announced) and I was wondering how I was going to swing playing the game constantly. Now I'll get my hands on the Beta 2 weeks earlier, I'll have got a little of the new game excitement out of my system...

You also need to get her a spa day for that week!

I just have one question, how will the release day update affect my Beta save game?

It's a beta, so chance of bugs are likely and normally updates doesn't correct all errors in save games - so won't the Beta game just be a longer demo version? And people will have to start a new game anyway?

Also, if I understand the FAQ correct, some stuff is locked even in the available beta game modes - this should be unlocked on release day, but does that also count for beta saves?

I pretty sure the updates can fix errors for save games now.

Hmm, I ordered my game through 365games.co.uk as they advertise the beta access as well on their website. For some reason I cannot find them on the list, problem or am I blind (which would also be a problem)?

And just wondering, I have purchased the game from a UK retailer, but do not live in the UK. Does this still mean that I can download and play the "beta"? Or is this locked per region?

Anyone? :(

Miles Jacobson, director of Sports Interactive, is very pleased to be able to announce the following...

I’m really excited to be able to announce that the release date for Football Manager 2013 on PC & Mac will be Friday November 2nd at 00.01 GMT – that’ll be the time we’ll turn on the Steam servers to allow people to start playing the game.

This year we also have a very special reward for those people who have pre-ordered the game from participating retailers – you’ll actually get to play a version of the game 2 weeks upfront.

So, 2 weeks before release those who have pre-ordered (from participating retailers, which I’ll have to repeat every time for legally type reasons) you’ll be able to download a beta version of the game which will be very close to the final game, and play to your hearts’ content. The beta will include FM, classic mode & challenges, but will not include the network game.

This beta version will be playable until Monday November 5th, so if your game doesn’t turn up until Monday’s post, you’ll still be able to play, but you’ll need to install the finished game after that point.

Saved games will be compatible with the final game.

You can find a list of participating digital, online & bricks and mortar retailers who are participating in the pre-order reward scheme here.

As an extra special bonus, people who buy FIFA13 (PS3 & Xbox 360) from GAME retail outlets in the UK and pre-order FM13 from them at the same time will get a voucher for £5 off the retail price of FM13 on its release. This offer is only available til the shops close on Monday 1st October.

Thank you, as always, for your continued support.

Cheers,

Miles

Hi, I was just wondering if I've missed out on this?? I'm not sure if the offer for getting early release on the beta died if you didn't pre-order before 1st Oct or is that cut off date only for the FIFA13 part of the offer??

Is anyone able to clarify or am I just being thick?? :-)

Hi, I was just wondering if I've missed out on this?? I'm not sure if the offer for getting early release on the beta died if you didn't pre-order before 1st Oct or is that cut off date only for the FIFA13 part of the offer??

Is anyone able to clarify or am I just being thick?? :-)

I pre ordered via Amazon after the 1st October cut off, and still got my key code for beta release, so would assume its still valid.

I ordered mine from Sega, (Seem to be the only one) and as they work in direct partnership with Football Manager I would of thought I would of had my code now. I'm not too bothered that I haven't got it but people have got theirs from different sites that aren't involved internally with FM. If someone official reads this, when am I likely to receive mine?

Has anybody had a beta code off of Steam? If so, where and when?

No, and as far as I'm aware, Steam automatically starts downloading the beta when it becomes available. However, I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone official as of yet.

No, and as far as I'm aware, Steam automatically starts downloading the beta when it becomes available. However, I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone official as of yet.

Its there in my Steam library so you'd assume it will just download when it becomes available

Archived