FM13 Release Date & Pre-Order Incentive

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks

can anyone from SI confirm this?

They already have:

Those of you pre-ordering digitally should receive an email with a Steam code to access the beta, and those of you doing so in-store should be handed a nice little card with a code.

What about :

- hot seat

- data editor

Will they be activated/accessible in the Beta ?

I'd also like to know the answer to this. It seems SI have been ignoring all the questions about the editor so far, which makes me think it's probably a no.

Getting the game 2 weeks early isn't much of a pre-order bonus, I was hoping for a new mug or something. I'll just wait until 2nd November.

Unfortunately downloading the beta isn`t an option for me. Only have a 2gb monthly limit so i`ll have to wait while my game is posted.

Although I don't know for sure, with the way that Steam works I would imagine that the beta would just be updated to the full version just like a regular patch without having to download the entire thing again - it would be nice if SI could confirm this.

Although I don't know for sure, with the way that Steam works I would imagine that the beta would just be updated to the full version just like a regular patch without having to download the entire thing again - it would be nice if SI could confirm this.

From my experience I'm pretty sure that as it is fully integrated with steam, all you have to do to update the game from the beta to full release would be to input the game code from the boxed version. Steam will then update the relevant files, it wont/shouldn't download the whole game again.

Any administrator willing to answer me? It would be much appreciated.

OK. So. I ordered my game from Green Man Gaming, for about two weeks ago. Does this affect the incentive thing? I mean, will I have the game two weeks early, even though I pre-ordered my game for about two weeks ago?

Sorry for my bad english by the way, I have my reasons for that.

Thanks,

Elmander.

So if we download the beta version, do we still have to download the full game when its released or can we simply update the beta game (with a patch) and then enter our purchase code for the full game.

On a slow internet connection having to download the beta and then download the full game is way too slow for me.

Any administrator willing to answer me? It would be much appreciated.

OK. So. I ordered my game from Green Man Gaming, for about two weeks ago. Does this affect the incentive thing? I mean, will I have the game two weeks early, even though I pre-ordered my game for about two weeks ago?

Sorry for my bad english by the way, I have my reasons for that.

Thanks,

Elmander.

You're still eligible and should receive a Steam code from GMG prior to the beta release.

So if we download the beta version, do we still have to download the full game when its released or can we simply update the beta game (with a patch) and then enter our purchase code for the full game.

On a slow internet connection having to download the beta and then download the full game is way too slow for me.

It'll update, so no need to download the full game twice :thup:

I'm probably in the minority here but I think that releasing a beta is a very bad idea. Don't Sega and SI remember the troubles they had the last time they released a beta version of one of their games?

Hey football fans,

We've now received confirmation that we will be able to offer the beta access to Football Manager 2013 to our users. We can also confirm the release date as November 2nd 2012.

Beta access begins approximately 2 weeks before the above release date, and when it ticks over to the release date, your game will automatically update to the final release version. We've also heard that all game progress from the beta will be accessible in the final version! No wasted hours!

If you're looking to pre-purchase FM2013, you can right now from Green Man Gaming.

Unfortunately downloading the beta isn`t an option for me. Only have a 2gb monthly limit so i`ll have to wait while my game is posted.

Not sure how your monthly limit is, but the beta is released in october and full game in november...

ok,ill try again to get an answer, in sweden cdon is a partner wich i have preordered game from... ny question is : will i get the beta when i preordered from there the boxed game? or is it only didgital download

Apologies if this has already been answered, if I pre-order a boxed copy of the game from Shopto.net, will I still receive a Beta download 2 weeks before the actual release?

I pre ordered the boxed copy from shopto.net and received an email from them today saying my code is in the pre order section in my accounts on there. I've not had to pay upfront with them either and have my code already, now I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the beta.

So you will be able to get the beta from pre order of boxed copy.

I doubt anyone who hates bugs is going to enjoy playing a beta version for two weeks.

Back in the day I used to play the demo because the game worked out of the box and the first patch took weeks or months to come.

Then we started getting release day patches, which meant I would wait until that patch was out to play.

Now we have the option to play 2 weeks of an unfinished game to help build that patch? It is a great idea for the community to be able to contribute (as long as issues are sorted out for that first patch) but I really don't want to start my first proper game in FM13 with it being as a tool for SI.

I just hope everyone realises they are helping out SI get ready for the release, rather than it being a huge bonus. The game is buggy enough (usually) to start with, thats why some people wait till the final patch before buying the game.

I am not sure any bugs found only in long term testing/playing will be caught in time.

I am fine with the idea, but I will not be playing until that first patch is out.

If I download the beta, does that mean the update to get the full game will be smaller and quicker to download compared to just downloading the full game on release day?

Archived