Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was a virtual cum-gasm over him and Tevez signing, and six months later he's not because of West Ham? ffs. :D

So much so that you needed to post twice :p.

Was having a discussion with mate yesterday about how I hope Siggy doesn't sign for you as don't want to see him ruined as a footballer. This led me on to argue that there are VERY few examples of players signing for Liverpool and having their reputations enhanced . There are many many recent examples of high profile players that have joined and gone drastically down hill in their time at the club

Any views from you lot as to why this might be?

You have got to be kidding me? That sentence in bold is just ridiculous.

Hyypia, Hamann, Baros, Riise, Finnan, Henchoz all enhanced their reputation after Houllier brought them to Liverpool.

Reina, Alonso, Garcia, Agger, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Torres, Mascherano, Kuyt, Benayoun and Crouch all enhanced their reputation whilst playing for Liverpool under Rafa.

find it really weird and still can't quite get my head around that rodgers in our manager :D, sure once a few friendlies get underway it'll sink in more.

gutted that it looks like sigurdsson is opting for spurs, think he'll be a great addition to any club, especially for the price. fact is they are a more attractive club atm, i'm sure he'd of been told who there incoming manager is and they can offer similar wages and have the pull of london.

has it? wouldn't believe most **** that gets passed off as journalism these days tbh (not that i read newspapers or internets stuff much anyway). i'd be surprised if they are throwing money at him way above what we were willing to offer him, spurs have a pretty rigid wage structure i thought.

It was his reponse to criticism by Hodgson over his reign and treatment of KD.

"I think that Mr Hodgson, he doesn't understand," Benitez said. "Every single press conference is even worse than the last one.

"He's talking about things that he doesn't know, and some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."

It was his reponse to criticism by Hodgson over his reign and treatment of KD.

i missed that interview, is there a link to watch it any where..?

All the top players around Europe that i know off seem to be going to every club other than Liverpool, Havn't heard or read much recently about any quality players joining the club.. ;(

I hate seeing us linked with people. I just wish we would pull our fingers out sometimes and sign some players. It was much like the management position. It got on my nerves being linked with people all the time and having to read about it.

missed last few days in here but if we miss out on sigurdsson over wages i'll be fuming. if hes all hes made out to be then theres no way spurs should be beating us to his signature and it'll show a total lack of ambition if we lose out. dont blame the player for moving for higher wages but theres no way they can offer more than us, no way!

whoever's in charge of the signature, pull your finger out!! we shouldnt let pride get in the way (if thats a factor) and this is a chance to make a real statement of intent and its not like we'd be braking any sort of wage structure to sign him. i believe if we match wages he will come to us.

as for ady's ridiculously ignorant post the other day, :lol:

Why are Hoffenheim so open to selling Sigurdsson anyway? Has he not had much impact in Germany or more a case of him being eager to return to England?

Joined when Rangnick was manager, he rated him highly. Had a near 1 in 3 goal record in his first season despite (I'm pretty sure) quite a few of the 30ish appearances being subs. Rangnick left, new boss doesn't really rate him or know how to fit him into his style of playing, then he got injured to boot. Come January, he wants to play some football which isn't happening in Germany so they loan him out. After he joined Swansea he made it very clear he didn't want to go back to Germany and was intent on staying in England, probably why they are open to selling him as they'll recoup their money on a player who the manager doesn't want and who doesn't want to stay with them

I don't know where Gylfi would fit in to our first team given our current players. As part of squad rotation, yes definitely, but if Spurs can guarantee him more first team football (as a result of possible players leaving) then I think that would be as much if not more of a factor than wages?

Assuming we get rid of Chadam:

If we 4-4-2 then he'd have to be ahead of Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson (possibly Aquilani)

If we 4-5-1 then it means moving Gerrard further back and playing him ahead of Henderson, Carroll and possibly Aquilani.

If he is in a team playing 4-4-2 then you'd damn better have him out on either wing, you'd get raped down the center if he's playing as part of a midfield 2. Even then you are handicapping yourself a bit because he's not a winger, so you'd better have Carroll upfront and just have Gylfi crossing it in whenever he got the ball.

Rodgers did say even before he took the Liverpool JOb he knew what players he would need to improve the squad, the news papers talk rubbish and there constant guessing of what players are beeing linked to Liverpool anoy me.

is it possible Liverpool still dont know who will be staying and leaving at the moment hence the lack of serious transfer activity?

i think rodgers wants to really see them in action in training which is hindering his progress with transfers.

most of these rumours are old anyway and were being touted before rodgers was even on the radar, coupled with now, the papers just looking for tenuous links rodgers has ever had with past players that may be available.

can he afford to wait til theyre all back for pre season tho?

He absolutely should wait till he works with them and sees them in training and in a couple of pre-season friendlies in my opinion. I'm sure he's doing his homework by talking to the various right people and watching plenty of videos, but given that we're in this for a long haul I'd rather time was taken over figuring out who will fit in to the system he wants to implement and who has the right attitudes and behaviours.

If that means that we miss out on some signings and lose out on selling people, and go in to the start of the season not fully sorted, then so be it.

I think we've made enough snap decisions regarding signings to last a lifetime.

Gutted about Gylfi I must say :(.

cant say in all the years i have followed football Spurs could out bid Liverpool and win the race for a player, if Gylfi was going to sign for Swansea then surly Liverpool should of been good enough..

A shame we've missed out on what looks like a very bright player but definitely not one to lose sleep over. Heavily linked with Gaston Ramirez. Watched some clips and he looks skilful but he could be a bag of ***** for all I know. Anyone seen much of him?

Suarez playing in the Olympics? Grim.

cant say in all the years i have followed football Spurs could out bid Liverpool and win the race for a player' date=' if Gylfi was going to sign for Swansea then surly Liverpool should of been good enough..[/quote']

I'm sure Liverpool could have offered more money than Spurs but apparently didn't want to pay over the odds? The more pertinent point is that even besides money Spurs are a more attractive club than Liverpool at the moment. I don't think that's ever been the case, like ever. But it's also something which could quickly turn around. A good season for us and a poor one for them and the status quo is resumed. Not something i'd be particularly worried about.

Archived