Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he has something to offer as back up. Just look at that semi-final against Everton. Bar the goal (which was a **** up from several people in fairness) he rolled back the years and put on a great show.

That said I also wouldn't lose any sleep whatsoever if he went. Just think he may come in handy from time to time.

since howedes can also play rb, I'd think the depth chart would look something like

agger/skrtel/howedes/coates/kelly - which gives us a really valuable option should agger go down with injury. adding europa league matches to domestic cup stuff gives possibly up to 50 games (100 between both positions) to spread around. that's 25-30 games for each of the first 3 and a good dozen or so left to give to coates.

johnson/howedes/kelly - great depth and gives added flexibility to move johnson to the left if rodgers wants to play that way.

kelly's the odd man out is this scenario but has the possibility to add games if we should 1) sell skrtel 2) lose someone to injury 3) outperform coates.

It's gonna be interesting see what Rodgers does with Carroll and fitting him into his style of play

That will be interesting. Carroll cant really do anything if he doesnt have the service. He has proved what he can do with decent crosses into the box so I wonder how we will go to fit him in.

I think Carroll could easily fit into the style. I'm sure I read somewhere that Llorente scored more headers last season than any other, whilst Bilbao had more possession and put in less crosses. It's about the right cross along with the right movement.

As we have a good amount of english players at the club' date=' based on the CB Situation, Wouldn't Shawcross from stoke be a good option?[/quote']

What CB situation? Our first-choice pairing is as good as anything else in the league. Let's focus on improving our weak areas first.

What CB situation? Our first-choice pairing is as good as anything else in the league. Let's focus on improving our weak areas first.

It's an IF but people keep talking about Skrtel going to City, should that be the case then we would need another CB, I see no reason why we cant keep the back 5 that we have...

It's an IF but people keep talking about Skrtel going to City' date=' should that be the case then we would need another CB, I see no reason why we cant keep the back 5 that we have...[/quote']

We shouldn't be thinking of buying Shawcross based on tabloid speculation.

Skaggoates is fine for this season

Really want to see who we get right wing. That Gerrard lad for England looks pretty useful out there crossing balls in, we should get him in.

There could genuinely be nothing worse than Gerrard playing right wing.

I guess those 22 goals the season he played there were pretty bad yeah. He would have been great there had he not refused to continue playing in the position.

Now, he probably hasn't got the legs to do so for a full season. But I believe he could have played in a similar vein to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo there, obviously sans the mesmerising skills of both.

I guess those 22 goals the season he played there were pretty bad yeah. He would have been great there had he not refused to continue playing in the position.

Now, he probably hasn't got the legs to do so for a full season. But I believe he could have played in a similar vein to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo there, obviously sans the mesmerising skills of both.

Well he certainly hasn't been bad since he 'refused' to play there so I think he was right to do so. Just in case your post was made in a 'dig at Gerrard' tone. Him behind Torres was as good as we'll ever see a footballer at this club IMO.

So Gerrard (a world class versatile mifielder) is a better fullback than most of the cheap back-up fullbacks who played a handful of games for the club.

I'm shocked and astounded at this. Thank you for pointing that out.

In other news, Suarez is a better left winger than Sebastian Leto.

Icelandic press saying Sigurdsson is talking to more clubs than just LFC and has decided not to join Liverpool.

\o/ (would hardly go with 'press' tbf)

One journalist though, who is quite likely to know Gylfi personally, said on twitter yesterday that there would be big news about Gylfi today. Might be nonsense but no real reason for him to be making it up

Oh well done clever *****!!

Did I say Gerrard was the best full-back the club has ever had? What I said was that he was better at full-back than most ones we have had. Plus, I would happily say he is better than Steve Finnan who is good at best.

\o/ (would hardly go with 'press' tbf)

One journalist though, who is quite likely to know Gylfi personally, said on twitter yesterday that there would be big news about Gylfi today. Might be nonsense but no real reason for him to be making it up

Gylfi can talk to as many clubs as he likes. As long as he signs on the dotted line for LFC at the end of the day is all that matters.

Archived