Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have snapped up Forlan on a free and completed the Uruguayuan forward line :(

In other news, apparently Bolton, Norwich and Derby have all enquired about taking Robinson on loan next season. Not sure if he's ready for a full season of prem yet so I think I'd rather him go to Derby or Bolton.

Flano and Robinson could do with a season out on loan next season. Sitting in the reserves or on the bench will do nothing for their development at all.

Robinson has played approx 330 mins of senior football and isn't even 19 yet, i think it's a little early to say he's definitely ready for Prem football.

I think he has massive potential but would be happier for him to be playing every week in the championship rather than the odd appearance for some other Prem side. He's also had a few injury problems so regular competitive football should help toughen him up a bit.

I would be surprised to see Robinson going out on loan as he is the only backup for Enrique, unless we shoehorn Agger in there instead (which is a waste) or switch Johnson. Maybe he will go out with a recall option

Robinson has played approx 330 mins of senior football and isn't even 19 yet, i think it's a little early to say he's definitely ready for Prem football.

I think he has massive potential but would be happier for him to be playing every week in the championship rather than the odd appearance for some other Prem side. He's also had a few injury problems so regular competitive football should help toughen him up a bit.

I don't think it is. He didn't look out of place in his few appearances when he was 17. Don't see what'd be wrong him getting some PL football now. 19 is not that young these days really.

That's provided we can find a PL club who want him playing games, otherwise I agree it'd be better him moving down a level.

Jen Chang

Mighty Red won't be going on the pitch at Anfield this season - he's here to help interact/engage young kids at various community events

if anyones itk its the echo. they have a decent relationship with LFC and have always been a paper we rely on. theyre definitely not perceived in the same way as the national press.

anyway im not too fussed. im a great believer that the manager has 100% input on the players he buys because hes the one who knows what he wants/needs on the pitch and this rumours bin doin the rounds for at least a year.

i am getting a bit peeved now tho. rodgers said almost immediately that he knew where he needed to strengthen and already had ideas yet avb hasnt been in 5 minutes and hes making deals left right and centre at tottenham (ok with levys help) but i am led to believe avb has signed off on everyone and was the one who wanted sigurdsson.

@bell. yeah i heard that too but still not that long.

anyway just watched the press conference and rodgers said he hopes to bring someone in this week and tentatively hinted at a 2nd but he did also say that we dont have a mountain of cash like some people seem to think which means what? 2 or 3 'squad' players?

i also got the impression aquilani's hearts just not in it and rodgers said the ac milan link was nonsense. but he didnt seem too enthusiastic about him as a liverpool player. i dont think he fits in with his style. he could be a good plan b option but then wont that just mean he'll be unfit all season like he was last?! the improvement in him just because he was match fit at the back end was astounding from what he'd previously been.

such a ****ing hissy fit over nothing. the managers been here, what, 4-5 weeks and has said he wants to take a look and speak to all the players in training before making big decisions.

unless your like 12 years old i don't understand the big deal in wanting signings NOW just because other teams have and your bored. i'm sure the targets he has in mind are on his radar and if it looks like another team are moving in for them he'll act and try and sign them earlier (sigurdsson a good example), don't think it's like he's missing out on players he fancies just because we aren't snapping everyone up left, right and center.

i suspect we'll have a couple of players brought in before we go off to the first friendly in a couple of weeks.

He'd probably say that even if he did have a mountain of cash. No point telling everyone he's got loads which could prompt teams to inflate transfer fees.

I think he's waiting until he's had a proper look at everyone in training before rushing into any transfers and I don't blame him.

such a ****ing hissy fit over nothing. the managers been here, what, 4-5 weeks and has said he wants to take a look and speak to all the players in training before making big decisions.

unless your like 12 years old i don't understand the big deal in wanting signings NOW just because other teams have and your bored. i'm sure the targets he has in mind are on his radar and if it looks like another team are moving in for them he'll act and try and sign them earlier (sigurdsson a good example), don't think it's like he's missing out on players he fancies just because we aren't snapping everyone up left, right and center.

i suspect we'll have a couple of players brought in before we go off to the first friendly in a couple of weeks.

who's having the hissy fit here?

i said pretty much what you said 2 or 3 weeks ago. i have full faith and patience we will go about it the right way. nothing wrong with wanting to talk about new signings tho. better than arguing over absolutely nothing. :thup:

i see coates and su\rez included in the uruguay olympic squad

I can see Coates as hes young but I rather they take Cavani and let Suarez be but chances are Suarez will be in the olympics.

I can see Coates as hes young but I rather they take Cavani and let Suarez be but chances are Suarez will be in the olympics.

They've taken both.

Well that's confirmed that :p A 'BBC guy' on 'Twitter' ... doesnt sound at all made up ...

I can't be bothered to find the tweet again. If you think I could be bothered to make up something so trivial then fair enough...

Turns out it's still on the front page of one of my lists - Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

Off camera, Rodgers said ‪#LFC‬ fans would find one potential new player 'incredibly exciting' - 'they'll love him'

There. Ye of little faith.

Ha, that would be epic.

Seriously though, is there anyone obvious that we have a chance of getting that we would find 'incredibly exciting'?

I would like to see us get Adam Johnson but I wouldn't put him in that category.

Anyone got any ideas?

Archived