Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a fitness regime to build strength back into the leg no doubt. I suspect it'll be a few months into the season before he is back to anything like his best.

here, here, nice to see Lucas training, i just pray he can get back to where he was before the injury, at a young age i think he can get even better still so lets hope the injury doesnt change him...

Personally im glad Gylfi went elsewhere. I know were not as disirable destination as we were 4 or 5 years ago but I still believe we c an attract better then Gylfi. I wouldnt mind the Jovetic rumors being true. Ive rated that kid since he was 18. I cant wait to see BR start making signings. I would love to see some new signings at the friendly in Toronto on July 21st. Second row behind the liverpool bench!

Would love to see Aquilani given a chance to play under Rodgers. A midfield 3 of Lucas, Gerrard and Aquilani could be a great combination for us.

I don't think Aquilani is right for this side. From what I can tell Rodgers is all about quick pass and move. Aquilani likes to trap the ball, get his head up and pick a pass. Needs a bit more time that I think Rodgers will want his players to take. But he's a very technically good player so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he could adapt his game a bit.

I don't think we are dithering. I'd be amazed if we didn't have deals ongoing. Just because they're not getting leaked every day people assume otherwise. I take it as a decent sign really. No-one has a clue what players we're after or what money we have. Should help us avoid Andy Carroll situations in future (who I think will be great next year btw).

RAWK comedy regarding Brenners latest interview

The fact that he says we'd get to Champions League level 'hopefully in the next few years' rings alarm bells for me. I'm not expecting league trophies straight away, but the very least we expect is to qualify for the CL next season. I'm all for giving him a chance, but the more Brendan speaks to the press, the more I worry.

Gaston Ramirez is exciting, we've also been linked to Fabio Borini today but he is a Chelsea reject who doesn't seem all that.. Would love to see us go for Leandro Damiao tbh, don't want to see another young prospect go to Spurs and not us.

why have all the transfer columns disappeared off the lfc home page about ramirez? hmmm. im sure they were there yesterday...

cant say ive seen him much but i did see napoli v bologna late on this past season and he was a standout for them in a match they won i think and cavani could of had a hatrick in the first half for napoli :D though he only got what 4 assists last season and the youtube above looks like he struggles with his final ball too.

still he's prob better than we've got on the left. one thing that does surprise me is we had this rumour last season aswell! so is he a rodgers signing or an fsg one?!

Kalou's gone to Lille. Phew.

I hope Sterling gets a chance in pre-season. I think he could be used to great effect as a sub this season when we're struggling to unlock a defence (which will probably be most of the time if the last few years is anything to go by!)

Gaston Ramirez is exciting, we've also been linked to Fabio Borini today but he is a Chelsea reject who doesn't seem all that..

:D :D :D

He actually turned down a new Chelsea contract for first team football. He was also in the Italy squad for the Euro's. Yet he doesn't seem all that? :confused:

We're at the point now where I'd rather just throw some of the kids in this year than be disappointed with any more 10-15 million second rate dross, like we've seen the last two off seasons.

It's hindsight obviously but would we really have finished any lower last year if the Downing and Henderson minutes had been spread around the likes of Shelvey, Sterling, Suso and even Pacheco ?

We'd be 35 million quid better off that's for sure.

It's hindsight obviously but would we really have finished any lower last year if the Downing and Henderson minutes had been spread around the likes of Shelvey, Sterling, Suso and even Pacheco ?

I agree that Downing was a bit of a let down, certainly in the second half of games. He usually started quite brightly. Henderson though has plenty of years ahead of him and will only develop. Time will tell whether spending £16m (rising to £20m) is well spent.

:D haha well it's irrelevant anyway, Roma only recently bought out the other half of his rights so I doubt they'll be willing to sell any time soon.

So no one buys someone just to sell immediately for profit?

Possible I'd say.

Archived