Group D: Sweden vs England, KO: 7:45pm

chopper99

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In one and a half games? One of which was nothing like the football he's bred to play? Next?
Yeah but to base your entire opinion of a player on 40 minutes of football would be ****ing idiotic and anyone doing it would be a walking advert for abortion and I'm sure you're not that guy ;)

The poster did say he was average, not rubbish. I think average is a fair opinion. And welcome to International football where many play football they werent bred to play. It kinda separates the boys from the men. But England are much better today and actually look dangerous.

Yeah but to base your entire opinion of a player on 40 minutes of football would be ****ing idiotic and anyone doing it would be a walking advert for abortion and I'm sure you're not that guy ;)

My Mom wishes she could have a second chance. :D

Better from England. They've improved what they were playing last game whilst also improving their attacking options. Still need to progress though but it's a step in the right direction.

Welbeck missing a backheel, it falls nicely to him, then gets ridiculously snapped in half by the first man he comes up against.

Oh come on. :D

Brilliant half that, could do with a 2nd goal though.

Not that brilliant, but certainly decent enough. Defo need the second goal though, can see us conceding another long shot goal just outside the box ala Nasri (we're doing that thing we're we don't close down enough in our 3rd).

I dont think so. Lots of attacking.

you watching a different game to me? :D

England are at least a bit more attacking than they were in the first game but Sweden are so supremely dire it's unbelievable. I seriously wouldn't blame Zlatan for retiring from international football at the end of this because his team-mates are just rubbish

Sick to the back teeth of Lawrenson.

Can someone at the BBC have a word with him and his constant **** taking of opposing players,also while they are at it let him know no matter how much he wants it now he is actually not English!

At least Alan Hanson does not also refer to England as "us" or "we".

you watching a different game to me? :D

England are at least a bit more attacking than they were in the first game but Sweden are so supremely dire it's unbelievable. I seriously wouldn't blame Zlatan for retiring from international football at the end of this because his team-mates are just rubbish

Sweden have gotten the ball into the box and have tried a couple of nice backheels...it could be worse.

Good first half, I am much happier than the France game, ok the opposition is weaker, but it is good to see us actually attacking, and good that we carried on trying to attack after taking the lead. Sweden totally there for the taking.

I like how they slyly moved the camera when Keown was talking there. BBC producers clearly know that the guy doing tricks in the background offers more entertainment.

I actually quite like Keown as a pundit from what I see of him

GOOO England. Just realized it, at the moment, France is mathematically the 2nd nation to grab a ticket for the 1/4. So thx Caroll.

I might be wrong though, had a couple too much.

They only have 4 points..in no way have they qualified for the quarters

England are playing quite deep again but at least Roy is realistic about the team. England don't have world class players and they need to find a style of play that suits them.

Archived