Larsson Svensson Kallstrom Elm

Ibra

Elmander

Nothing announced for England yet, but probably 4-4-2 with:

Hart

Johnson Terry Lescott Cole

Young Parker Gerrard Milner

Carroll Welbeck

I'm not convinced we'll win this if that lineup turns out to be correct.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yours would probably have been better to be fair, I haven't got time to bother with images and stuff.

I just couldn't wait any longer to share my negativity about tonights game :D

Nah, probably not. I just copied stuff over for my Ukraine vs France thread. :D

And you guys will win. Carroll to score a hattrick. Them Swedes won't know what hit them.

Oooh, really looking forward to this.

I am hoping for a thrilling 2-2 encounter with goals from Zlatan and Elmander for Sweden. Maybe Gerrard and Welbeck for England?

If I'm not mistaken, on paper this is the weakest England squad for many years. What do the closer followers think?

As a Finn I'm obligated to root for England. Although I do like Zlatan and wouldn't begrudge him to show the doubters and haters. So basically c'mon, 4-3 for England with a Zlatan hattrick and Welbeck scoring a couple.

Show what to the haters exactly? :)

Some are saying Zlatan chokes in bigger matches, sure, but the majority of people, in my opinion, dislike him because of his arrogant attitude and childish behaviour (think of Nani and Ronaldo as well).

I think pretty much everyone agree that his skills are amazing.

Hang on a second, why are we so concerned about one change in the team again, is it cause it's Carroll LOL?

Young on the left in place of Ox is probably making it stronger tbh. It's not like Welbeck and Young were linking up the other day, they hardly exchanged a glance let alone a pass. Now we have Welbeck and his movement and Carroll as well to hold the ball up ... I really don't see how moving Young left and bringing Carroll in really, really changes anyone's thinking from the French game.

I have the same concerns I had before I saw that line up and I even think that line up may be a little better. We have some pace on the bench in Walcott and Ox. The way people are going on it's like someone announced my Nan will play up front, ffs

Mainly because the one positive I took from the France game is that we actually tried to pass the ball around and didn't just hoof it up fromt every time. Now, with Carroll starting, I fear that's what we'll revert to. Not sure where you get the impression he can hold the ball up from either, apart from flick-on's he's not a great target man.

On top of that he should be no-where near the England 1st 11. Apart from 6 decent months at Newcastle he's done nothing to indicate he's a good enough striker to be starting for the national team.

I'd like to think we are good enough to contain Sweden. We look fairly sound defensively, though while we are good enough to hold up Ibrahimovic and Elmander, with England you never know. My concern is scoring goals, and I'd rather have seen Defoe or even Walcott alongside Welbeck rather than Carroll tbh.

Oooh, really looking forward to this.

I am hoping for a thrilling 2-2 encounter with goals from Zlatan and Elmander for Sweden. Maybe Gerrard and Welbeck for England?

If I'm not mistaken, on paper this is the weakest England squad for many years. What do the closer followers think?

Nah he has plenty of doubters just because he hasn't been amazing against English teams.

After Shevchenko scored two headers against Sweden I had the thought that Roy might start Carroll, then I laughed it off.

Wrong choice or not it's encouraging he's willing to mix it up abit, line-up-wise... assuming he does actually start Carroll and play Young wide.

It'd certainly be a sink or swim moment for Carroll.

Mainly because the one positive I took from the France game is that we actually tried to pass the ball around and didn't just hoof it up fromt every time. Now, with Carroll starting, I fear that's what we'll revert to. Not sure where you get the impression he can hold the ball up from either, apart from flick-on's he's not a great target man.

On top of that he should be no-where near the England 1st 11. Apart from 6 decent months at Newcastle he's done nothing to indicate he's a good enough striker to be starting for the national team.

Even in the friendly against Norway Carroll dropped into midfield and laid it off and we could do with a bit of that sometimes

"Neville to Campbell, Campbell to Rio, Rio to Scholsey, Scholsey -> Gerrard. Gerrard to Beckham, Beckham to Heskey, Heskey to Owen, to goal! 5-1!"

To

"Johnson to Terry, Terry to Lescott, Lescott to Terry, Terry -> Johnson. Johnson to Terry, Terry to Lescott, Lescott to Carroll, to goal! 1-0!"

Any chance this game will have a delayed kick off if the French game restarts and it overlaps?

Happy we have gone two up top as it suggests we may be more attack minded, disappointed it's Ox who misses out

EDIT: Doesn't matter French restarting at 6pm (UK time), so should time ok

He wins pretty much every duel with defenders.

Coulda been at this game tonight. My brother got offered, for free, two tickets, flights and hotel for four nights through work. Meant flying to Ukraine yesterday but i only got back from Cyprus at 3am this morning and he'd already booked to go to France :(

His boss couldnt go so he was offering the package around and nobody wanted it :O

Carroll over Chamberlain. :D

Still baffles me how people can get excited over England anymore.

He did nothing in the last game and besides, it's not about playing the nice, pretty football all the time when you don't have the players with which to do so. Carroll can dominate in the air and the Swedes looked weak against Ukraine so it makes sense.

Edit: just realised you support Southampton :D never mind..

I have a .gif of him being beaten in the air by Rafael every time he comes up against him from last season :cool:

Why have you not posted this? I don't actually remember that game, did he really get consistently beaten by Rafael, or is it a little bit of playful exaggeration to wind up a Liverpool fan?

Why have you not posted this? I don't actually remember that game, did he really get consistently beaten by Rafael, or is it a little bit of playful exaggeration to wind up a Liverpool fan?

No he really did get beaten by Rafael. About three times iirc. :D

Archived