So my long-term game starts tonight then. Who's starting one aswell and with whom?

I've sorted it in the Editor but someone said Bulgarians and Romanians do in fact need work permits to work in the UK so I'm waiting for an answer on what the rules is with footballers before I save the changes.

Wow! I think they're right. Romanians and Bulgarians do indeed need work permits to live and work in the UK.

Wow! I think they're right. Romanians and Bulgarians do indeed need work permits to live and work in the UK.

I remember there being efforts to try and control the migration of these two nationalities upon their entry into the EU after the 2004 expansion caused a migration level that took people by surprise.

im a villa fan was playing a eastleigh career save before but will now start again with the last patch.

I will be bromley work my way up the manager career ladder either with Bromley or progress my career with a bigger club

I dont understand why the patch is so essential for people to start a long term/career save? Hae I missed something?

In my old savegame the league fixtures for the new season didn't get created so I had to abandon that save.

I can't decide.... my Russian save just got killed. I already played Fulham, Russia (and Russian lower league), Athletic Bilbao, Catania on FM12.

Maybe thinking Polish league or something to try a smaller league. But don't want to sweat out the first few years, lazy

Guest avine

Fulham, but i would not call it a long-term game, experimenting with 2-3 more saves before i start a long-term save

Started unemployed - got a job offer two days later - with Hereford. Let the games begin.

Think I have about 40 leagues and roughly 60,000 players.

This is likely to be my final save until FM 2013.

• SI Staff
Raith Rovers in scottish division 1. but will have too use the editer first as a few keys transfers have been mised

Which 'key transfers' were missed, please?

Started unemployed - got a job offer two days later - with Hereford. Let the games begin.

Think I have about 40 leagues and roughly 60,000 players.

This is likely to be my final save until FM 2013.

Hope you enjoy it Eugene. (The same goes for everyone with their shiny new saves!)

Time for my win every continents Champions League trophy save. I'll probably load two leagues from every continent apart from Oceania where I will just load New Zealand, will either start unemployed or as a team in New Zealand, most likely unemployed.

I started a new long-term save yesterday as Wolfsburg. Simple reason is that they were the most active team in Europe during the transfer window and made some great signings. Also now have some exciting young prospects who can contribute in the first team from day one and will feel like my development projects.

I'm torn between continuing a save I had started in December where I took over Bury in April 2012 (they were as good as down) and have worked very hard doing their summer break and was just about to start season two in L2, or as starting in Eastern Europe. Problem with the latter is that there is too much choice! Poland or Ukraine? Russia? Czechs? Serbs? And which club if I do?

If you want to choose an Eastern European team I can help. Lived in CZ for nearly 5 years so know Czech and Slovak football well and am Polish so know that league well too. One major flaw though is that my team Ruch is the worst in the whole of the top Polish league on FM when in real life we are title contenders. I hope this has been fixed now in the update because the Polish scout really did a bad job on players but also on simple things like rivalries where there are lots of basic errors.

1. FC Kaiserslautern - Why? Because its my favorite club :)
Yay, mine too! Good luck with them. In case you need a good striker, try to buy Canesin Matos :)

I will start with Bonner SC in the 6th German tier... I edited the database and added a lot of regional teams, I hope it will be fun!

Not one, but two Kaiserslautern supporters on here!? I never thought I'd see the day around here :D

I shall be starting with Kaiserslautern with ThomasH's database that goes down to the Oberliga. And as above, I am because it's my favourite club!

I'd like to say I'm starting a long-term game, but with my record, long-term means actually completing a season. There have been so many ideas that intrigued me, plus a couple long breaks due to computer issues and whatnot, I've started at least two dozen games between FM09 and FM11 and have only finished an entire season twice. Paralyzed by too many options, I guess.

I just started an earnest save for the first time in awhile (I've been just tooling around, mostly). I'd like to settle in with this one for awhile and not space out on it. I'm starting with Sheffield Wednesday. No particular reason, really.

Not one, but two Kaiserslautern supporters on here!? I never thought I'd see the day around here :D

I shall be starting with Kaiserslautern with ThomasH's database that goes down to the Oberliga. And as above, I am because it's my favourite club!

There's not really much else we can do these days but get a little distraction from reality, is there? :D

I'm torn between continuing a save I had started in December where I took over Bury in April 2012 (they were as good as down) and have worked very hard doing their summer break and was just about to start season two in L2, or as starting in Eastern Europe. Problem with the latter is that there is too much choice! Poland or Ukraine? Russia? Czechs? Serbs? And which club if I do?

Don't give up on Bury! Up the Shakers!

Started a new Celtic save after the update - a fan of course.

Going to stay with them for at least five years, then maybe move on.

Got an idea to start another save in a few months where I'd try and get a job as an u21 international manager/b-squad and try work my way as an unknown.

I am starting my proper journeymen save now, ALL of europe is playable and started unemployed with sunday league rep

started as Bela Krajina in the slovenia 2nd division!! wish me luck

Which 'key transfers' were missed, please?

Hi

Pat Clarke from Dunfermline on loan too the end of the season (Deal done 1st January)

Ludivic Roy no longer at the club (Left In January)

Jason Thomson and Johnathan Stewart on loan from Hearts (This just happened last week but i unerstand it was too late to put in the update)

Starting one the weekend. As always I'd say I'll start unemployed with only Sunday League experience with England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Spain as active league then see where the game takes me... Normally settle with first or second club that hire me and take them to domination!!!

Archived