Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

Mr Hough,

Like I said in my previous post, this is a VERY good tactic. The only thing is, I think there needs to be a second tactic when playing away/against bigger teams. As Panathinaikos, I'm slaughtering most teams domestically and in Europe, but when I come up against a bigger team (Olympiacos, PAOK in Greece or Villarreal/Lyon in Europe), I find that my defence is torn to pieces (I have signed two good defenders).

I think maybe a tactic slightly more defensive in mentality, with the defensive line dropped a bit might fix this. I'm in the off-season now but in my next season I might try and work on this.

Otherwise it is a perfect tactic, just needs a slightly more defensive counterpart :).

This. The tactic is very good but a defensive version would be awesome.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I am using it now with my 3rd season as 1860 Munich and I beat smaller teams and teams at home but get KILLED away from home.

Losing 4-3, 3-2, 5-2 and 4-2 so far and its only october.

Seems that a team with good forwards can just cut you too shreds.

Its a shame because when I win I win well.

I am sure you will tweak it and make it better for mid-table sides and not just Man Utd etc.

Yeah hough, after initial success with Newcastle, the tactic seems to have lost its punch. I have followed your instructions op to the letter of the law and even worked out the best position for each of my players. I do think that this tactic works well for top teams (the top 4 in each division), however beyond that i think the tactic fails to deliver defensively. The attack is unquestionable, but the main problem is that the midfielders are getting overrun and the centre backs don't perform the best.

Good luck though, im sure you will find a solution.

Just btw...do you know anything of the effectiveness of a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic? I say this having just remembering how good your complete dominance tactic was.

Even perhaps you team up with JP Woody again or Fuss, for something new!

Cabaye performs way better than Ben Arfa without a doubt, got into world team of year on mine. I'd also replace Coloccini with Samba and replace Belfodil with Sturridge if he'll join.

it doesn't change anything. it still conceded and hard to win in away games with mid-table teams. the tactic must have defensive tweak

Started using this tactic about 5 games into my season with a title winning side and took of like a train.. Winning games at home 3/4 - 0 against the lesser sides and winning 1/2 - 0 at home to top teams. The more my team adapted to the tactic the poorer it seemed to get. I am a few seasons in and have top strikers like Fierro, Sanago, Damiao etc and only the left sided stiker seems to perform and the other two are very average. whats odd is that I am the opposite to most people in that the tactic seems pretty solid for me defensively but going forward I just seem to have lost a threat and end up only created 4/5 chances a game from 15-20 in the earlier games I used the tactic.

A very good tactic but like alot people finding after 10-15 games the tactic has lost some of it's appeal. Which is pretty early for the opposition to become used to your tactics.

My team is high on confidence and in form so am sure that it would not be down to these factors.. Will maybe tinker with the match prep and focus on some attacking movement and see how we go.

Still think with a minor tweak here and there this will be the best tactic for FM12, if it's not already.

Used it for every game in my first season with Liverpool and finsihed 4th in the league. At home the tactic is amazing, the problems I have been having is away against good sides.

What I am doing in season 2 is using this tactic for all home games and against weaker sides away from home. For the other away games I am using Fuss's defensive tweak 4-2-3-1 tactic.

By using two different tactics you dont get the opposition learning how you play which makes both of them very effective.

Hmm. The tactic has stalled somewhat. The first 7 or 8 games are great. Then it has gone to mush with 4 defeats in a row.

I have a feeling the team talks aren't motivating my players though. I'll try and get my AM to do some of them to see if it makes a difference.

I still feel its a good tactic.

I got sacked using this tactic with Leeds.

First season with Legia, without any new signigns. Now i'm fighting for the Champions League group stage, of course using the same tactic :)

The only problem/question i had is how to modify the game and tactic plan when i want to maintain 1-0 or 2-0 lead. In european cups home clean sheet sometimes is very important.

Good work Dave.

legiax.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nobody else here with match fitnesss problem!!!????

Yeah, both LB and RB end the game at about 60%

Started asking my assistant do apply OI's and the team seem to be playing a lot better but it has only been 2 games ( beat Juve 4-1 away and Wolves 5-0 at home ).

Yeah, both LB and RB end the game at about 60%

Started asking my assistant do apply OI's and the team seem to be playing a lot better but it has only been 2 games ( beat Juve 4-1 away and Wolves 5-0 at home ).

And now when you apply OI's match fitness is better ?

best tactic on here by a million miles

i have tried all and gotten sacked and over run , but this you play football and SLAUGHTER people

i have amde a few tweeks like - i allways do

i was findiing my midfield was having no possesion and struggling for decent match ratings - so i clicked them onto hold up ball , cut inside and cross from deep

the strikers - the 2 wide strikers are now set to swap positions , cross aim target man and cross mixed

its still not perfect - my players are getting tired

i also find that it works better with counter attack turned off ..all thou i do put it on if im getting dominated

cheers dave

Mr Hough..............I am using your tactic with Chelsea..........i used your FM10 tactic with fantastic success.........the team isnt fully fluid as yet, but the results have been very encouraging........

chelseafixturesfixtures.png

In particular.......the results against Sunderland (away)........Man City (home) and AC Milan (away).......

fernandotorresoverviewa.png

Playing Torres as the central Striker........and he is scoring for fun at the moment........

chelseatacticsoverview.png

I used Kalou at the start of the season because Sturridge was suspended.......now he is playing so well, i cant leave him out lol........8 assists already!!

Hough your a genious.

Anyone who can create a tactic to make torres score should be worshipped by all and sundry

ok this is another update/feedback

into my 3rd season on the game and my second season in the prem and ive bought players i think the tactic needs going by player instructions. anyways here it is

secondseason.jpg

feedback would be that maybe it needs something doing to the defending and it isnt that easy away from home but are games in real life tho? no but other than that i like it :D

Dizzyp..............Totally agree with you there mate LOL......

Have been reading the posts from guys who are having trouble away from home..........i dont seem to be having that problem..........I havent made any new signings, so have fitted the current Chelsea squad around the tactic.........this also included using the likes of Lukaku, McEachran, Mellis, Bertrand.........

Home Record:

englishpremierdivisionol.png

Away Record:

englishpremierdivisionoc.png

Drew away to Man Utd 2-2........they got their 2nd goal in the 94th min (grrr).........and drew 0-0 at Arsenal........having hit the woodwork half a dozen times.......the worst result was drawing 2-2 with Blackburn......we were 2-0 up at half time......

The thing i am loving with this tactic is the consistancy of the players.........i have never before had every player in the squad who has played more than 5 games all with an Average Rating of more than 7!!

chelseasquadplayers.png

I do all my own team talks...........even individual player talks too..........the players didnt like it at first, but now beginning to respond.........

In our Champions League group we had AC Milan, Zenit and Wolfsburg...........won all 6 games, scoring 27 goals and conceding 1.......

I'm at work at the moment so i cant post screenshots, but I'm using this tactic with chesterfield in my third season in league 1, i haven't tinkered with it or anything, I'm top of the league clear by about 15 points with 15 games left. Lost a few, but so far seems to be working great. most wins are by over 2goals, had a few 4-3 wins though.

it doesn't change anything. it still conceded and hard to win in away games with mid-table teams. the tactic must have defensive tweak

Away games was quite easy for me, beat all top 4 except city who ran away with league. Was second in league for a while but second to sixth was separated by no more than 6 points all season long. Finished 4th in the end.

This was with my 2 young FB's as it was a cup game.

The last two games with my 1st choice FB's they have been ending on 73-77%

I'm playing with caen at the moment , results are very good standing third.

But my midfielders and fullbacks are ending the game around 64% match fitness.

How to fixxx thissss??????

Not a good decision from SI to make teamtalks such an important issue, how on earth can ppl make a good solid tactic if the teamtalks takes a massive impact, too much impact in my opinion

I think injuries are a more bigger issue than team talks, injuries are an outrage in this patch. Can't go two games without someone being injured.

I'm also noticing that several players become really tired and their condition is hit harder than other tactics - my fullbacks are getting down to around 65% at the end of a match - others around 75/70%. Injuries also seem worse - this might have nothing to do with the tactic though.

The tactic is brilliant for me - so many games won - loads of goals - just hope Hough is working on some of these issues as it must be the basis for a wonder tactic for FM12.

I am working on a few things regarding defence and fitness, Give abit of time and hopefully i'll come up with a solution for these issues

Cheers Hough - the time you and all other tacticians put in to increase our enjoyment of the game is much appreciated. This definitely seems the best tactic I've tried for FM12 - and I've tried a few - so hope a few tweaks can make it even better.

I am working on a few things regarding defence and fitness, Give abit of time and hopefully i'll come up with a solution for these issues

Mr Hough, I just tested your tactic and it is definitely something special, the movement it produces is amazing. My impression is that this is as good as a tactic can be in FM12, I don't think it needs any improvement. Great work!:thup:

Until i update the player Filters you can use my Boots to Asses ones i did.

There mainly exactly the same anyway the only differences i would change would be instead of wingers it would be outer strikers.

If you are useing DM's for the CM position the filter would be workhorse - Attacking CM's would be attacking Midfielders.....

This is the best i can do for now until i have some extra time to do it properly

Mr Hough - How well will this tactic work on 12.04?

cheers

How about just trying it.

There are no changes to the match engine, so it should overall work the same. Some people claim tactics are changing between updates, but when there are no changes to the match engine, the changes must come from other areas like teamtalk, morale etc.

Bought Dragutinovic 0£

Sold none

Prediction: Relegation

Board expectations: Not get relegated

5th Round of FA cup

Fourth Round of League cup

PL Wigan 0-3 Swansea:

PL Swansea 4-2 Aston Villa:

League cup Swansea 4-0 Charlton

PL West Brom 4-0 Swansea

PL Swansea 6-0 Arsenal

PL Tottenham 3-1 Swansea

League cup Fulham 0-2 Swansea

PL Swansea 1-0 Chelsea

awesome tactic will let you know how I get on!

Tactic works well with 12.04. I use still with my Wolves, beat Liverpool 6-0. and won the league cup in 1st season. Currently still 6th in Premier League. I use the team talk written by one guy here, works brilliant so far. I also change the attacking corner and free kick setup. For the Striker, i notice that it works better if you have pacey attacker for all three of them. The middle one works also with a target man type ( Sam Vokes ), but i prefer a pacey one ( Steven Fletcher ). Very good tactic Mr Hough, i like the attacking movement of the players. Cheers.

No i haven't.

The tactics i have been working on most are 4-1-2-3 - 4-2-2-2 - 4-1-2-2-1.

Fair enough. I'm just thinking perhaps it is worthwhile you trying a flat 442, similar to your fm 10 wingers tactic. I remember at the time you felt the defence for the tactic wasn't very good, but i remember it being the best defence out of all three of your tactics that year. ( the others being the 4123 and the 41212)

this is mainly due to the super high pressing setting on them. You can reduce it a little bit, it prevents them to be too tired, and they stay more in position. But you'll miss the extra balls stolen, which are very important in this tactic.

Archived