Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hough

Guess we all would like 3xGerrard in midfield or at least two, when that isn't possible, what do we go after in central midfielders? Tackling, stamina, work rate, team work and passing, is that about the most important/must attributes?

Though Im not posting a screenshot, I just changed over to this with my FC United side in the year 2030. Its December now, and I've been sitting near the top of the table. Anyways, playing a Dag & Red side who have somehow made it to the premier league as well.

Anyways, using this, won 9-0 first game. My center striker had 6 goals/1 assist, with 6 goals being a new record in terms of goals per game.

Thanks Dave.

I am getting alot of Questions regarding Player Positions and so on.

What i would like you's to do is use your own thoughts on Player Attributtes and Positions, I will update the OP tomorrow with new Filters for each position.

Hi Mr Hough. Thanks for another cracking tactic. Currently using this as Man Utd in 1st season and looking very good so far. Hernandez is an absolute monster in the STC position and has 15 goals in 5 competitive games so far. Ashley Young playing very well as ST/R.

Obviously with Man Utd i have had to sell off a lot of players to accommodate the tactic but wanting to give this a try with the team i support. If things keep going well then ill give this a go with Napoli and see how they go.

I thought it was simple....

When using a 4-3-3 its easiest to picture the typical Barcelona Setup.

Defensive Midfielder- One player who is capable of holding the midfield and acting as your anchor man. He will clean up any mess that comes into his zone, distributes the ball quickly to more creative players and acts as safe receiver, should your centre mids run out of passing options. I suppose physical and mental stats are important here (strength, anticipation, bravery, passing, tackling, positioning) (Busquets/Parker/Fletcher/Carrick/Song/Alonso)

Centre Midfielder- One player who is capable of supporting both your defence and attack but doesn't venture too far from the centre of the park. He will distribute the ball all over the pitch and then surge forward late to attack the ball or support the play. In defence, he will work around the dm in defence and look to clean up any ball outside of the dm's immediate zone. He is probably your main playmaker in the team. Look for stats typical for a deep lying playmaker (Carrick/Fabregas/Gerrard/Xavi/Lucas Leiva)

Centre Mid - One player who is capable of attacking in the final third and dropping back to support your midfield general. I always see this player as the pivot player because he is constantly distributing and reciving the ball from your support mid your, wingers/strikers. He is your main outlet for attack. Look for players similar to Hamsik/Kaka/Pastore/Silva/Iniesta)

I came to this forum just to look for this tactic and I`m glad I found it :). I loved it in Fm 11. I haven`t played Fm 12 yet but I am looking forward to it.

Mr Hough, I remember for Fm11 you created a defensive and an attacking version of this tactic, I`m assuming is not necessary for Fm12?

For Strikers, I suggest poachers on sides and complete forward in the middle. For midfielders, I suggest using your typical MC/AMC, but honestly anyone works there as long as he can pass well and preferably shoot from distance decently. Just my two cents.

For Strikers, I suggest poachers on sides and complete forward in the middle. For midfielders, I suggest using your typical MC/AMC, but honestly anyone works there as long as he can pass well and preferably shoot from distance decently. Just my two cents.

I think most would work, i am having great success with Rooney STL Hernandez as STC and Young STR. Hernandez has scored 31 goals in 14 games. Midfielders i am using Lars Bender or Fletcher as DM, Milan Badelj and Marek Hamsik as MC. For me i have a mix then of defensive, good all round and good attacking midfielders and its working very well.

Edit: I am now halfway through the season and Hernandez has now scored 51 goals by the 3rd jan. young has about 11 but has 25 assists while Rooney has about 12 goals and keeps getting little injuries so has not played too many games.

I would imagine and personal opinion of course that the likes of neymar, muniain, zarate would be good as the wide strikers.

Dave,

I achieved a QUINTUPLET this season (first time ever, and first time ever for me winning Champions League). Tactic was used from January 1st on, great results.

iai9L.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iai9L.jpg

Once you win everything though, you realize it's finally time to give it a rest. I'll likely keep the game save, but uninstall FM for the time being. Resume again maybe in the summer or once FM13 rolls around. This was my longest run ever, with over 1000 games played in my career.

Mr Hough, im not sure if this question has been asked already so sorry for my laziness.

Should the outside strikers be inverted??? ( ie right footed on the left side and left footed on the right side)

Its early days, so i cant tell if this is a tactic were the strikers go wide and cross or cut in and play through balls :/

Anyway here is an update of my experience with the tactic:

This is my team. I signed sturridge on loan for the season. I bought Prestia, Kadlec and Vrsaljko on a full transfer.

newcastleunitedtacticso.png

Here is a result against newcastle. Second game into the season so the tactic isn't fully fluid yet. The amount of ccc's is unbelievable and i completely dominated the game and probably could have scored more.

newcastlevtottenhamstat.png

I know its early days but i am initially impressed with this tactic. Personally, i didnt enjoy your fm 11 tactics at all, the tactic movement just wasn't there! However, i really feel like this is a return to your best mate. You can see just how much thought you put into each player position as the movement is absolutely fantastic!

This tactic is EVIL, It has destroyed teams, including a 5-0 win against the scum (united) in champions league second leg, I mean i battered them, BUT!!! if I want to use this tactic next season i've gotta sell Di maria and Krasic Massive Dilemma, but a Good one all the same!

Top work Hough!

Mr Hough, im not sure if this question has been asked already so sorry for my laziness.

Should the outside strikers be inverted??? ( ie right footed on the left side and left footed on the right side)

Its early days, so i cant tell if this is a tactic were the strikers go wide and cross or cut in and play through balls :/

Any answer Hough?

Hey Hough do u think u can do anything about making it maybe mre defensive away because really struggling on the road drawing or losing games but won all home games so far but away my team gets punished im fulham n had 4 away games gt beat by arsenal 3-1 then 3-0 by totty after then jus gt beat 3-2 away against 0b in europa thought id win tht 1 because beat them easily at home n now gt everton away aswell hehehe n in league so far played 10 won 6 drawn 2 lost 2 both draws n losses all came away from home can provide screenshots on fm base if u want to see them will keep cracking at it because the football quickness it plays can be esquisit at tymes also conceded 14 in 10 but i think thts because defence isnt amazing and hangeland has been out for 4 months. thanks 4 this tactic has beat arsenal, man city, chelsea so it is a great tactic jus wanna provide u with good feedback about the tactic. Hope this helps

Hey Hough do u think u can do anything about making it maybe mre defensive away because really struggling on the road drawing or losing games but won all home games so far but away my team gets punished im fulham n had 4 away games gt beat by arsenal 3-1 then 3-0 by totty after then jus gt beat 3-2 away against 0b in europa thought id win tht 1 because beat them easily at home n now gt everton away aswell hehehe n in league so far played 10 won 6 drawn 2 lost 2 both draws n losses all came away from home can provide screenshots on fm base if u want to see them will keep cracking at it because the football quickness it plays can be esquisit at tymes also conceded 14 in 10 but i think thts because defence isnt amazing and hangeland has been out for 4 months. thanks 4 this tactic has beat arsenal, man city, chelsea so it is a great tactic jus wanna provide u with good feedback about the tactic. Hope this helps

I am doing well in defence and i don't know if anyone else is suffering.

Have a look at things like Team Talks, Match Prep change it to Defensive Positioning or Defending Set Peices depending on how you are conceding that should give your players abit more of an understanding in defence.

my ass manager does team talks like you did on ur everton test when i do it i always got angered so gave up on them but when he does them they seem to be motivated morale gd n jus managed to edge everton away 2-1 although it was lucky lol they had 4ccc's to myy 1 n i thought that about match prep so i changed it a few games back but then found my team stopped scoring as much and conceding mostly on breaks not many headers ill see how it goes on gt man u at home next hoping to win tht as beat chelsea 4-1 when didnt expect too. Im thinking its the pace of my center baks as my fastest is 12 pace lol ill try n strentghen them in jan n see how it goes.

starting a new save with AJ Auxerre, french 1st division, mid table team.

I'll report soon

And here we go for a small report :

fixtures :

resultsauxerre-5fffdb3273.jpg

So, as you can see, some mixed results. Very shaky at the back (match prep : defensive positionning).

No transfer.

I'll give more infos if needed !

Mr Hough..............I am using your tactic with Chelsea..........i used your FM10 tactic with fantastic success.........the team isnt fully fluid as yet, but the results have been very encouraging........

chelseafixturesfixtures.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In particular.......the results against Sunderland (away)........Man City (home) and AC Milan (away).......

fernandotorresoverviewa.png

Playing Torres as the central Striker........and he is scoring for fun at the moment........

chelseatacticsoverview.png

I used Kalou at the start of the season because Sturridge was suspended.......now he is playing so well, i cant leave him out lol........8 assists already!!

I am using this tactic and have lost 3 out of 4 so far with WHU in the prem.

Last season I finished 6th so will continue and report back if it improves.

Saviola, Berbatov and Cole upfront.

Hi Hough - only just seen this up today - have downloaded and will be using later on - was using Brobs and it has given great success - but I used yours on FM10 and it was simply the best tactic I've ever used on any FM - looking forward to seeing what it does.

I'm currently Spurs in 2020 after being at Harrogate and then Bolton - been at Spurs for 18 months - am hoping it will give me world domination.

Just finished my 1st season with Man Utd and won the league, fa cup and champions league. I appreciate people will say thats done with Man Utd but even so i scored 133 league goals and conceded 24. Thats pretty impressive as far as i am concerned. Hernandez was absolutely superb:

ScreenShot2012-01-08at195512.png

Archived