Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

Yes my firend i just want to say something... All tactics need 5-6 matches first of all to understand from your players. Second in every single match the only tweaks that i usually do are with the tempo i increase it 2-3 notches if the other team press me to much and i watch the accelaretion/pace from the opposition strikers if they are slow and my defenders are quicker then i increase 2-3 notches the def line.. that's all...

Sry if we play with a team who play 4-4-2 flat i reduce the closing down from my DM to own half that give me better defence on the back line

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHY THE **** DOES EVERYONE FEEL LIKE THEY SHOULD ALWAYS EVERY TIME COME UP FRONT AND LEAVE 2 PEOPLE AT THE BACK WHEN ALL I HAVE IS A THROWING? ****ings stupid i swear to god.. is it a game bug or what because ive done the set piece n **** (not happy at all it loses me a fair amount of goals)

CMisBAD it's because we have the mentality 1 notch before All Out Attack... If you don't like just reduce the mentality ;)

even if its because of that why give the option of attack throwing in the set piece?? makes no sense because i wanna be attacking does not mean i want my players to do that... thats why slider options are **** u dont have sliders for real life. you dont say to steven gerrard close them down but one notch from ur own area ye. anyways cba with this keen game not everyone wants to take 20mins to act out a game that the computer can easy cheat u out of a win. rant over because its going off the OP

Half a season with PSG, leading the league 13 points clear of second place. Gameiro in the middle scores a ton. I also happen to have the lowest amount of goals conceded in the league. Euro Cup was a joke so far, got Stoke, Dnipro and Zurich in a group, got promoted from first place with my reserves... Screens after full season.

Guys

I have moved the defensive line all the way back to the beginning and also moved the DMC all the way back to defensive and i feel it has helped my defence .

I also use 3 defensive minded players in the middle of the park and it doesnt seem to affect the attacking in any way .

Using Daves's original tactic

I have been playing with my tactic and come up with something that works extreamly well at the minute, Saying that i am playing with a good side and just playing my Friendly's so i can not take anything from it really apart from in my friendlys i am playing against other good sides.

I will continue to test and if it proves succesfull in further games upload to the OP.

Hay Dave,

I've just used your tactic in my Sheffield Wednesday save. First season. I changed to your tactic after about 18 games and finished 2nd on 96 points. 2 points behind my fierce rivals Sheff Utd. I did score 130 goals and had 60 against. I seem to have conceded 30 plus more than the top 6. Perhaps the defence needs a few tweeks.

Anyway was wondering if you could put up the player filters. Im looking at new signings but only want what your tactic needs ;)

I don't know if anyone on this thread can help me but i'm having a problem enjoying this tactic properly.

This tactic was designed for the 12.1 patch and after it wasn't working for me i went to start a New Game. What i saw was that the game seems to still be running on 12.0.0. That's what it tells me when i go to start a new game.

I'm on steam, so i don't really know what to do because the game should be patching automatically - but clearly it isn't. I've done the 'verify the integrity of the game cache' thing to no avail.

Any tips?

Does anyone else when they go to start a new game, see it still as saying it's running on the default database on 12.0.0 ?

(Also i have obviously gone to the update section in properties and set it to 'update my game automatically'

Petros - played a bit more with your version last night - won about 7 matches on the trot then lost at home to Fulham 1-2 - suppose you can't win them all!

Is it worth changing anything from your version? Think you mentioned something about the tempo and the crossing? Or should I just leave it on what it is from the downloaded version?

And Hough - how's the new release coming on? Have you been able to sort the conditioning? Because that was really the only reason I looked at switching seeing as I couldn't get a few players playing 2 games in a week - still probs the best tactic out there though!

I don't know if anyone on this thread can help me but i'm having a problem enjoying this tactic properly.

This tactic was designed for the 12.1 patch and after it wasn't working for me i went to start a New Game. What i saw was that the game seems to still be running on 12.0.0. That's what it tells me when i go to start a new game.

I'm on steam, so i don't really know what to do because the game should be patching automatically - but clearly it isn't. I've done the 'verify the integrity of the game cache' thing to no avail.

Any tips?

Does anyone else when they go to start a new game, see it still as saying it's running on the default database on 12.0.0 ?

(Also i have obviously gone to the update section in properties and set it to 'update my game automatically'

having the same problem anyone help ?

Petros - played a bit more with your version last night - won about 7 matches on the trot then lost at home to Fulham 1-2 - suppose you can't win them all!

Is it worth changing anything from your version? Think you mentioned something about the tempo and the crossing? Or should I just leave it on what it is from the downloaded version?

And Hough - how's the new release coming on? Have you been able to sort the conditioning? Because that was really the only reason I looked at switching seeing as I couldn't get a few players playing 2 games in a week - still probs the best tactic out there though!

My friend Rebel i think that every change that can help you is welcome.. I change the tempo only if i have a lot of pressure from the opponent and i think taht maybe the crossing on sometimes will be help our attack.. i speak for the STLC/RC...

My tweaked tactic is still the same formation 4-1-2-3 all i have done is make the team mentalty very much the same for most of the players, I think this has helped my players have a better understanding of what iwant them to do instead of individual mentality for certain players.

A few other changes regarding ST's CF and some changes to the Team Settings themselves and that seems to have done the trick.

I will have to test these current settings with a differant side other to Man Utd as i know they have a very good squad so i will be testing with 1 team then i will upload the tweaked tactic.

Defence is Proving extreamly good with the Opposition rarely having a shot.

I will upload screens after 10 games.

My tweaked tactic is still the same formation 4-1-2-3 all i have done is make the team mentalty very much the same for most of the players, I think this has helped my players have a better understanding of what iwant them to do instead of individual mentality for certain players.

A few other changes regarding ST's CF and some changes to the Team Settings themselves and that seems to have done the trick.

I will have to test these current settings with a differant side other to Man Utd as i know they have a very good squad so i will be testing with 1 team then i will upload the tweaked tactic.

Defence is Proving extreamly good with the Opposition rarely having a shot.

I will upload screens after 10 games.

Does the conditioning seem better on your new tactic Hough?

I dont think there is anything wrong with this tactic at the moment (1st version). Plying my trade with Spurs and have a decent enough squad and gone well past the 10 match mark, and I am rocking the league! And Europa league too.

Definitely one of the best tactics for FM12 - keep up the great work Dave

Does the conditioning seem better on your new tactic Hough?

The onlt player i have had a problem with is Ryan Giggs, He seems to get to about 65-70% on the 65 minute mark so i sub him off for anderson, Other than that i have had no other problems.

Dave, share with us. What's new, I know it's annoying, but do you think will be released it today?

No i don't think it will be out today, I won't name a date becuase that ties me down i will post up screens tonight though to give you a glimpse of what to expect from a good side.

The databas-containing the playerstats, transfer updates etc- is still 12.0 as SI has not released an update. The Patch- containing the Match Engine, the coding- is 12.1.1

Do patches 12.02 and 12.1 have any differences in terms of match engine?

Petros - lost next league game at home to chelsea 2-0 after the fulham loss - had loads of chances but couldn't stick them away. Have changed the wide strikers crossing to sometimes - won next game away at West Btrom 6-1 - will keep u posted but still not sure if this is as good as Hough's original on this thread seems a little inconsistent against the big teams, but kills anyone else - will keep u updated.

And Hough - no worries on whenever you release your next one - take your time bud to get it right - if you can get anything like the one I used from you in FM10 then you will have cracked FM12 I reckon. Love the RBTY tactic - but like I said I couldn't keep with it for me as too many of my players were getting knacked and couldn't play the midweek games as well.

Not a problem, just a query but is there any reason why the right sided striker seems to out perform the left sided one by a great margin. Obviously my central striker is grabbing the lionshare of the goals but my STCR is also weighing with a considerable amount. The STCL however, despite being of a similar ability, has scored just a quarter of the amount of goals as the other two have.

Okay, I have actually noticed that this tactic is really good when playing with top teams. It struggles if your using it with anyone out of the top 3 in any league. If this tactic was only made for top teams, then the only criticism i would have to make is that the defence isn't as strong against other top teams but against other teams its pretty much a guaranteed win.

Im glad hough is sticking with this formation actually as there is a lot of potential here. I think hough should focus on full backs that actually stay back and defend ( similar to your 4-1-2-1-2 complete dominance tactic). Secondly hough, i think that you should work to make the strikers player closer together- ie more through he middle. Thirdly the midfield should slow their passes down and make shorter passes in order to keep possession and wait for the best attacking option.

Obviously i say this, without myself having any idea of how to do these things in a tactic myself. However, the whole point of a thread is for people to discuss a posted tactic, so that is my "discussion". LOL thanks hough :) hopefully you take this into account :)

I dont think there is anything wrong with this tactic at the moment (1st version). Plying my trade with Spurs and have a decent enough squad and gone well past the 10 match mark, and I am rocking the league! And Europa league too.

Definitely one of the best tactics for FM12 - keep up the great work Dave

I only went and jinxed myself (pats myself on back) :( :(

UNRELATED: anyone else not able to comment on post match to opposition manager?

First season with Swansea came 2nd 1 point behind man utd, 5th round FA cup lost vs. Fulham 1-0 and won league cup vs. Bolton 2-1

Second season am currently 1st 3 points in front of man city in january came first in my CL group with Bayern, Zenith and Panathinaikos!

Got PSG in 1/8 finals.... qualified for final of league cup and am 5th round of FA awesome tactic! spent nothing first season and spent 72 million second season

Playing with Ajax. (Still on 12.04 unfortunately). When I win I win quite well with this. But it's just not as often as I like. Teams score loads against me and I have the best defenders in the league.

Tried it with no alterations, tried all the tweaks and it is just not consistent.

Archived