Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone can answer please.

Is Demba Ba better as the right or left striker? I have kadlec in the centre and my other striker is Ben Arfa, although sometimes i use sturridge (who i bought on loan)

The whole thing about management is finding out what players play the best, You should try and see for yourself, If Demba don't play well in a certain position you have 2 other strikers that are bound to get a goal or 2 so move them around, We can all give you our opinion but it's your and your decision ultimately

Evening Mr Hough

Some early feedback from the depths of the Blue Square North.

Tactic is working wonderfully, currently unbeaten and top of the league after 10 games with Chester.

If there was one area which I think might and I say might as it may just be the relatively poor players available to me, require attention, it is the fullbacks as most goals I concede seem to come from crosses.

Thanks for another excellent tactic

Anyone can answer please.

Is Demba Ba better as the right or left striker? I have kadlec in the centre and my other striker is Ben Arfa, although sometimes i use sturridge (who i bought on loan)

Ba plays better as the centre striker for me, scored 21 in 19.

The whole thing about management is finding out what players play the best, You should try and see for yourself, If Demba don't play well in a certain position you have 2 other strikers that are bound to get a goal or 2 so move them around, We can all give you our opinion but it's your and your decision ultimately

I know mate. I was just asking for other people's opinion. I've tried my strikers out in different combinations for a good amount of games and the results are mixed!

Reeto Hough - swicthed to it with my career save - have won ever match apart from one which was a draw - defensively it's quite good for me - and I'm getting quite a few goals each match. This does look amazing so far!

Mr. Hough, if you can design a tactic with highly possession of the ball? The style like Barcelona-Xaxi can pass the ball over 100times, thank you

I don't think about possession at all to be honest - I honestly don't understand why so many people bum Possession Stats because that is all it is a Stat It don't mean anything because you can have all the possession in the world and lose or Draw the game.

My main goal is scoring and conceding less not possession or how many passes a single player has a game, That doesn't interest me at all.

I don't think about possession at all to be honest - I honestly don't understand why so many people bum Possession Stats because that is all it is a Stat It don't mean anything because you can have all the possession in the world and lose or Draw the game.

My main goal is scoring and conceding less not possession or how many passes a single player has a game, That doesn't interest me at all.

I couldn't agree more.

In FM12, possession = keeping the ball and doing nothing with it.

If you score = you lose possession (a good time to lose possession)

If you get a CCC/Shot on target = you lose possession (a good time to lose possession)

If you shoot and miss = you loose possession (but it's worth it to take a shot surely?)

Attempt a risky pass and fail = you loose possession (but if you'd pulled it off it would have probably been a CCC).

If you want possession you need to cut out scoring/shooting/through-balls/crosses - you're tactic won't create chances, but you could easily have 70-80% possession in FM12.

I couldn't agree more.

In FM12, possession = keeping the ball and doing nothing with it.

If you score = you lose possession (a good time to lose possession)

If you get a CCC/Shot on target = you lose possession (a good time to lose possession)

If you shoot and miss = you loose possession (but it's worth it to take a shot surely?)

Attempt a risky pass and fail = you loose possession (but if you'd pulled it off it would have probably been a CCC).

If you want possession you need to cut out scoring/shooting/through-balls/crosses - you're tactic won't create chances, but you could easily have 70-80% possession in FM12.

Exactly, Possesion is a needless stat and something i barely pay attention too, Some games i have had 39% - 40% possession but won he game 2-0 3-0 4-0, Its not about possession it's what you do with the ball when you have it that counts.

Just had a shocker against Everton losing 6-0, seemed like they were playing the tactic against me rather than the other way around. I had 3 shots and none of them on target, and they had 23 shot and 9 CCC's!! Not sure if it was just a one off but that seems a bit strange. I had match prep set to Defensive positioning but surely that can't have that much effect! In all honesty though this tactic has worked brilliantly up until this in the games I've tried it in, the dramatic change in fortunes just worried me slightly.

Just had a shocker against Everton losing 6-0, seemed like they were playing the tactic against me rather than the other way around. I had 3 shots and none of them on target, and they had 23 shot and 9 CCC's!! Not sure if it was just a one off but that seems a bit strange. I had match prep set to Defensive positioning but surely that can't have that much effect! In all honesty though this tactic has worked brilliantly up until this in the games I've tried it in, the dramatic change in fortunes just worried me slightly.

Ha thats not too good, I honestly wouldn't worry about it if it seems like a one off match, We can't win all the games i suppose.

Erm. This tactic is a bit good! I'm with Leeds

Played 4 won 4. Scored 17. conceeded 5.

cheers

Hmm. The tactic has stalled somewhat. The first 7 or 8 games are great. Then it has gone to mush with 4 defeats in a row.

I have a feeling the team talks aren't motivating my players though. I'll try and get my AM to do some of them to see if it makes a difference.

I still feel its a good tactic.

Seems like a rip off of the brobs17 tactic, no offence

Why is that because it's the same formation.

Do me a favor don't comment unless you have a bad experience with the tactic, I don't wanna know your thoughts on other peoples tactics.

Still loving this tactic Mr Hough and thanks for the effort put into it. One thing i have noticed playing as man utd is the tactic has struggled some times against sides like arsenal, real madrid, barcelona etc. Sides that play a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1. These sides would tend to score against me easier than most. obviously they are good sides and teams that pass the ball for fun with good creative players in most positions.

I have found that using a 3 man defensive midfield against these teams makes me much harder to beat. I would therefore lineup as Bender as DM, Fletcher as MCR and Badelj as MCL.

May be worth people trying this when playing sides with a similar formation that are as good if not better than you of course.

Ha thats not too good, I honestly wouldn't worry about it if it seems like a one off match, We can't win all the games i suppose.

definately FM12's fault, rather than the tactic itself.

me myself have had so many experiences like that, when I had some really good runs of 10-15 games and suddenly were dominated against wolves and swansea at home with my everton side. its because of the rigged team talks and player-interaction system!

hello Mr Hough. I'm using your latest tactic with my Newcastle but the results is bad. I always conceded more than 2 goals and difficult to have win. Is it because match preparation is attacking movement or what?

hello Mr Hough. I'm using your latest tactic with my Newcastle but the results is bad. I always conceded more than 2 goals and difficult to have win. Is it because match preparation is attacking movement or what?

I'm looking into the defence at the minute, I am having trouble with my Defence at the minute.

If i find anything thats better i'll upload.

I'm looking into the defence at the minute, I am having trouble with my Defence at the minute.

If you and so many others have had really good results with the "gold" tactics, I would probably not tweak it at all. Most defensive problems lies in not the tactic as such ( unless its heavily flawed), but in the players and their form, mental stats, confidence. With a tactic like this, as soon as a couple of players starts to get complecent, it falls apart and you start to conced since they simply wont to the job, chasing and closing down the opponent.

I keep getting quite a few yellows and the full backs have been sent of a couple of times ..... if your playing as forest it could just be us.

struggled with the teamtalks and match prep at the start of my new save , but i think i have finally got a good mix going ... average- attacking movement for match prep and assertive - go out and impress for teamtalks.

Since leaving these on for a few games i've gone 15 games scoring 3 or more and conceding 0 or 1 .... in with these was a 10-1 against derby and an 8-1 at leeds , great tactic Hough.

Im truro and im in league 1 now having been promoted each season since I started. I have been using a slightly tweaked version of vodu caos for most of this career. Im afraid when I switched to this tactic my defence is having a shocker. Granted I score a few more goals, but winning is next to impossible. I appreciate I need to give it time to settle in, but so many players are reporting such great success from the first game played, and I'm not getting even close to those results. Have always done my own team talks more or less. I get some right I get some wrong. So after about ten games I went back to my save point and played the matches again using VC, and I was back to better results not great but enough to keep me in position one. I was curios if my team had some sort of issue so I tried other saves from previous careers and my results were as bad if not worse. I seem to ship my first goal in less than ten mins, from then on it often gets worse. Love the idea of playing three strikers so I was looking forward to this tactic being released. But up till now it has to be a thumbs down for me. I guess i need better players, but that cant be the only answer as they are good enough with VC. Are there not others who are having a bad time with this tac? Because to me the early feedback points to 95% people are more than happy.

@ forrestthump, Yes my team is picking up many more cards. I have dropped the tackling to normal and sometimes easy, this does help a bit.

@ Mr hough Appreciate the effort you put into the tactic and the thread. cheers.

me too mate im testing at the moment the d-line set it on the first notch of push up testing with a dutch semi prof club

just decided to do a test and save my game then played southampton and changed teamtalks from assertive lost 1-0 .... reloaded save and went back to what i was using and won 4-1 .

On 12.04 and the one's before it was easy because almost every player responded in the same way to teamtalks now it seems to be 1 or 2 react positive , so i think its finding a balance so that even if we get no positive reaction it becomes vital not to get more than 1 negative .

1st season with newcastle i finished 2nd.. tactic was doing really well and did well to finish 2nd considering i was newcastle, but now in to my 2nd season everything seems to have gone from good to terrible.. in my first 13 games i kept 1clean sheet and lost to burnley, blackburn and fulham games i should be winning yet i bet porto, hsv and juventus in the champs league.. i dont no whats going on but its doing my head in, and ideas?

Am continuing with this in my career save with Spurs in 2020 - have used it since the start of March - won every game apart from two draws in the premier league and just got beaten away to Bayern Munich in the Europa League semi final first leg - ever other game has been a win - and often by 3 goals or more - so it definitely works!

I've followed all the instructions in the OP but it is pretty clear that team talks are so important on this version of FM - in all of the matches stated above I never say anything beforehand (unless a direct rival like Arsenal for me) - I only ever say something at half time if I'm losing (or drawing but playing crap) - like I stated above the results have been very impressive -I've loved Brob's tactics for the last couple of years but just wasn't getting enough consistent wins with Spurs since joining them 18 months ago.

Also - my first 11 is good - but not outstanding - and Im set up at home to play on a small, minimum size pitch - and the tactic is still working wonders - have had a few yellows and a couple of red cards - but nothing worth worrying about.

thanks Mr Hough i appreciate that. Because, in my game your tactic not also always conceded (especially in away games) but it also have a lot of red cards in 1 season. And, the tactic is not stable like 4-1-2-2-1 that you had before

now i am playing in 35 games in England season with Newcastle and using your 4-1-2-3 formation Mr Hough. for me, the results is bad because i got nothing. Lost in Premier Division and all cup competitions. Conceded 57 goals and had 93 goals, 6 red cards, and 67 yellow cards. Wow, that's terrible results. I don't know why its happening. You said that you love this tactic because this tactic had good defence but the reality is more more terrible than your 4-1-2-2-1. The differences is very much with your 4-1-2-2-1 formation

now i am playing in 35 games in England season with Newcastle and using your 4-1-2-3 formation Mr Hough. for me, the results is bad because i got nothing. Lost in Premier Division and all cup competitions. Conceded 57 goals and had 93 goals, 6 red cards, and 67 yellow cards. Wow, that's terrible results. I don't know why its happening. You said that you love this tactic because this tactic had good defence but the reality is more more terrible than your 4-1-2-2-1. The differences is very much with your 4-1-2-2-1 formation

It's not the tactic it's the players, also I only had 1 red card and 51 yellows with Newcastle.

May I ask what team you put out.

It's not the tactic it's the players, also I only had 1 red card and 51 yellows with Newcastle.

May I ask what team you put out.

this is my team:

GK:Tim KRul

DR:Danny Simpson

DL:Santon

DCR:Coloccini

DCL:Astori

DMC:Tiote

MRC:Nainggolan

MRL:Ben Arfa

STCR:Marilungo

STC:Ba

STCL:Belfodil

this is my team:

GK:Tim KRul

DR:Danny Simpson

DL:Santon

DCR:Coloccini

DCL:Astori

DMC:Tiote

MRC:Nainggolan

MRL:Ben Arfa

STCR:Marilungo

STC:Ba

STCL:Belfodil

Cabaye performs way better than Ben Arfa without a doubt, got into world team of year on mine. I'd also replace Coloccini with Samba and replace Belfodil with Sturridge if he'll join.

Archived