Breaking My Own Record: 3000+ Years of Organized Football Again

A few months ago, I reached the year 4865 with Iceland loaded before crash dumps killed the save. After running a holiday save with the big leagues loaded, I decided to try to get as far as possible again and chose Hong Kong. I recently got past the year 4865 again. Things have changed less in this one than the Iceland game because Dynamic League Reputation in Asia did not quite work in FM11. More information will come out as I go further in the game, but here is a screenshot:

4865again.jpg

Would be very interesting to see World Cup winners, and definitely World rankings. Wonder if there's some dodgy teams who in 3 millenias time are unbeatable! Also to go onto certain leagues, such as the Premiership, and see the records page- imagine the biggest win in 3,000 years!

Firstly, you're mad :D

Secondly, the reason it "doesn't work" in Asia is that that the entrance requirements for the 3 different tiers of Asian continental competitions are somewhat bizarre, if fact no one knows what they are exactly except the leaders of the AFC which most likely make them up as they go along when they decide to reasess which nations qualify for what. As such the game doesn't have a mechanism for changing which countries qualify for these competitions so they will remain static.

Answering the latest questions (only the serious ones) before screenshots from 3000 years holidayed come up:

Yes, some of the Asian minnows have managed to have some good Asian Cups. Remember that Hong Kong benefits from being the league loaded and their team is made up of a number of naturalized Argentines.

Hong Kong Football Club is still amateur despite winning a number of trophies, so that is clearly hardcoded.

Hosts are somewhat hardcoded, so they should be pretty similar in all games.

DLR theoretically could still work in Asia. Most of the other continents have dynamic league reputations even though their qualification for continental competitions are fixed. The reputations at the start of the game are clearly not linked to qualification for the Asian competitions as can be seen with India's place.

As for how long it takes, here are two screenshots from the year 5010, 3000 full seasons simulated:

3000gs.jpg

3000wc.jpg

No, England has not hosted a World Cup. My holiday games show that the possible hosts are fixed and England is not on the World Cup list.

Of course I play the game. There is plenty of time when my computer needs to be on, but I am not available to play. I generally get in a season per week.

Pretty sure The Maldives will be restricted to water sports at this point in time.

Nice to see Scotland get to the World Cup Final. Quite funny that England haven't hosted it!

Have Scotland managed to host the Euros with a joint bid of any kind?

Record goals in Premier League match? Most capped player?

Wages?

Saying that I do an annual experiment hardly argues for me actually playing the game rancer. You and I both know that even if MLS had a 16 team playoff this year, my Quakes and your Toronto FC would somehow conspire to finish 17th and 18th. MLS is on the list for FM12.

The hosts are fixed for all competitions so no Scotland for the Euros.

Here is a new screenshot, which shows the Hong Kong national team. A stunning 0 players started their careers in Hong Kong. Most of them started in Argentina, at least one started at Chelsea, and the ones you might think did, are in fact from China.

5642hknat.jpg

TBF rovers, I have no idea how often you play FM either. During my time at CSE, I have only known you initially from the annual experiment...

And seeing that HK haven't placed better than 3rd, I'm not sure if all those foreigners really helped with the ranking and improving HK football. There's no players there who developed in HK as a youngster at all.... :(

rancer, Hong Kong has definitely finished above 3rd in the Asian Cup. They have also reached the quarterfinals of the World Cup twice. That squad was kind of a random one shot deal and there are often native Hong Kongers in the squad.

I would like to think that England has prevailed on penalties at least once after over 1000 World Cup and Euros, but I was not planning on checking individually...

On that note, I have now reached the year 6010, which means 4000 seasons have been simulated in Hong Kong. Here are some screenshots:

4000wcrec.jpg

4000eurorec.jpg

4000asiarec.jpg

4000hkrec.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if humans still exist in year 6000...

lol that is a good question :D

Mad that Man City obviously still have shedloads of money

well of course they do. can you imagine how much interest they have gained in the last 4000 years? ;)

hey rover....how big is your save file?

England won 23 games in a row over 12 YEARS in the World Cup!! (I bet the fans were still calling for the manager's head..) and they got most team goals in 3554 and an Englishman also got most assists in the same year, maybe they won it then?

I love the fact that the youngest player, oldest player and fastest goal in the Hong Kong 1st division are all right at the start of the save, that's truly immortilised :lol:

and Argentina went 37 games or 20 YEARS unbeaten in the World Cup!! :O 20 years... Huddersfield have a ways to go IRL... we're 35 unbeaten though :thup:

The interesting thing about these crash dumps is that they just prevent me from loading the game again after saving it. Theoretically I could just keep on running the holiday indefinitely if I just kept my computer on and never quit the program, at least until other forms of crash dumps struck.

4500 years is a lot to ask for in a European league, which doesn't mean that I won't try once FM12 comes out. I think Hong Kong is basically the fastest it will ever get and will generally provide the biggest chance to go really far into the future.

Archived