Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

Hope Hutch will become our backup RB for next season and if we have to sign a striker I hope it'll be Falcao, proven goalscorer with Porto and now A. Madrid, was top goalscorer in Europe last season (iirc) and one of the top again this season.

Decent player but if say our first choice RB broke his leg Hutchinson would not be good enough for the campaign, need someone more advanced which is why I wanted Bosingwa at the club

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decent player but if say our first choice RB broke his leg Hutchinson would not be good enough for the campaign, need someone more advanced which is why I wanted Bosingwa at the club

If anything I'd be more worried about Hutch's injury record in such a situation. By most accounts, Ryan Bertrand wasn't good enough last year to challenge for a first team place, yet has been strong in all his performances. I'd like to see Sam given a few more chances, at least.

EDIT: Also, awful news about Essien being offered a new contract, he's been one of our biggest underperformers this year. Malouda is at least capable of turning in a decent showing every now and again, but Essien looks completely out of the game now his pace is shot.

We're in Eden Hazard's final 3 shortlist :D Says his decision will decide on play time + position. Playing time wouldn't be a problem, will be a starter for us easily. For position, maybe Mata, Marin and Hazard interchanging between the 3 attacking midfield slots?

Bosingwa is actually unbelievably ****, an abomination of a RB, utterly braindead and lacks the composure, positional awareness to be a full back and given that going forward is his 'strength' his crossing is gash - I'm honestly trying to remember the last time he put in a good ball in. Still don't see the point in Essien remaining at the club as all the other players we have that can play CM offer more than he does, which is a shame but that's the truth and unless the extentions to Malouda and Essien are so we can try to get as much money from selling them as possible, I don't understand the logic (especially when Kalou's going :().

Kalou better for the team than Torres :D That gave me a good chuckle :thup:

I'd be intrigued to see if we manage to not give Di Matteo the full time role, and if we don't, who we bring in.

Bosingwa would have been fine for another year as backup, same with Kalou, both have looked MUCH better since RDM came in. Not sure why we let those two go. What's going on with Paulo? As for Malouda, not sure what role he is going to play, with Marin and possibly another winger coming in there just isn't any room for him, should have let him go.

I have to say as a backup right back I would rather Bossy than Ferreira, although I have a strange love for Ferreira.

I do think Essien and Malouda would be good players to try and move on. Malouda more so but I suppose it depends upon who we plan to bring in. Would love to get Hazard, he looks brilliant.

It's incredibly painful to watch Essien these days and I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as he has returned on the back of two major injuries but it's clear to see, and sad to see, how he's eroded as a player but more importantly how his mobility and physicality is gone as well. Personally, I think we're gonna have to get rid of Paulo in the long run but I can't see him leaving because he's been a great servant to the club and I would like us to go for a cheeky bid on Piszczek from Dortmund at RB. Whilst I think he's far too good to be a backup RB at Chelsea, you never know if there is a possibility of him moving and there's not many options around Europe these days to get that calibre of player at RB.

If we fail on Hazard (ie. he doesn't choose us or wherever the situation is at with him), I hope we go all out for Lavezzi :cool:

Depends on who the new manager is but I expect De Bruyne to be loaned out and Benayoun to be sold.

Definitely agree with that although Benayoun has been decent at Arsenal. Regarding the other post about Hazard I think he will come to us. Judging by where he will get the most playing time and disepending on where he is played and surely that means us. 4-2-3-1 he would do well as an inside forward

I've never sung his praises particularly, but thinking back a bit more objectively (not when he's just horsed a shot out for a throw or something) I think Kalou has shown in his last few appearances he can be a very tidy player. He's had quite a few instances of showing good technique and an ability to beat more than one defender. Think he has deceptively good feet, decent pace, decent work rate and can pitch in with 10+ goals. Never going to be a world beater but he's a great squad player.

Exactly how I see Kalou. I've personally always thought he was horribly underrated. A shame we can't afford him over at Goodison :(

Really angry about Kalou. This is a player who was chosen to start in the FA Cup final and Champions League final and put in a decent performance then we release him? Annoyed about Bosingwa as well, a lot of people don't favour him however he is a useful addition when needed

He hasnt been that bad come on. He was decent against Bayern, good performance against Tottenham and most importantly played a huge role in getting us to the Champions League final? What is the news on Ferreira, Essien and Malouda btw?
He was our worst player vs Bayern.

Malouda has said he's not leaving us (:() according to Sky Sports' site and the other two have been invited to contract talks as their deals are up next season (as is Lampard, but he's obviously getting one). I can't believe we're choosing Malouda over Kalou, it's actually mind boggling. I wonder what was the problem for Kalou not to pen a new deal with us

He was our worst player vs Bayern.

Malouda has said he's not leaving us (:() according to Sky Sports' site and the other two have been invited to contract talks as their deals are up next season (as is Lampard, but he's obviously getting one). I can't believe we're choosing Malouda over Kalou, it's actually mind boggling. I wonder what was the problem for Kalou not to pen a new deal with us

Kalou might of not wanted to sign a deal thinking he would have another bit-part role. H esaid he would take the chance to go back to Feyenoord but doubt they have the wages for him. I can see him ending up at Liverpool

If we're putting our faith in Hutch (staying fit, and if not there's Paulo Ferreira as the backup's backup), then the decision to let Bosingwa go is understandable considering wages. For Kalou I do believe he started to make noises about more playing time, and since none of us ever saw him as First XI material, I guess the Chelsea hierarchy concur with our view. He'd also been saying he was considering returning to Feyenoord (together with Dirk Kuyt :D).

Keeping Malouda makes me think we'll not get Hazard. I do think the playing time and position he mentioned he wants will be likely fulfilled at Man Utd. City are still at the unpredictable "BUY ALL THE PLAYERS" stage, and RdM has already shown we're likely to use Mata as the central man behind the centre forward, with Malouda as backup.

If you really want to get some negativity in your life look no further than quotes by "football_master" (:D)
What negativity?

I'm just looking at things from a realistic point of view, that we need to strengthen our side in certain areas where certain players aren't the answer (if you're telling me Bosingwa, Essien and Malouda are good enough for our side and our ambitions, then you're mistaken). Simple really and I'm actually quite optimistic about next season.

I really think he would choose Utd over us. Though he has been acting as a w****, he looks a class act and if we can get both him and Moura it will be great!

That would be great but I doubt we would sign both of them and didn't Moura's agent say he isn't going anywhere until after the 2014 World Cup. Quite sensible I suppose as he will be 21 then and will have so much more experience. At the same time though it would be great to have him now. 11 caps at 19 for Brazil is pretty damn good.

Yeah, I wondered if is there some kind of structure, like "play X amount of games" or something. Especially because Borini was a lot closer to the first team (I think?) then some of these.

Obviously this is a question born out of jealousy.

• Administrators

Hard to say but I don't really think so, Conor Clifford is on £10k a week or thereabouts and he's not been close to the first team, was on that money before he went on loan, and whilst he has decent potential he's not in the Kakuta/Chalobah class who can really do something.

Archived