Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

PMLF assures me he's great
Plus he's amazing on FM, which can only be a good thing. :p

He is great but as mentioned other times, he is not so consistent (unlike Neymar, for example) and often disappears in big games.

I think investing that much on him is smarter than on Hulk as he is younger and more talented (even if less mature), but would still be a risky deal.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His profile is the direct opposite of the usual Chelsea's huge transfers. Is ridiculously talented, very young and on his way up to becoming a world class for a decade. Not Mata kind of a great player but a Ballon d'Or type of potential.

Apparently, the Sao Paulo president said that the club has turned down £32.4m for Lucas Moura by us.

His profile is the direct opposite of the usual Chelsea's huge transfers. Is ridiculously talented, very young and on his way up to becoming a world class for a decade. Not Mata kind of a great player but a Ballon d'Or type of potential.
Nobody's winning the Ballon d'Or till Messi hangs up his boots in 15 years time ;)

Apparently, the Sao Paulo president said that the club has turned down £32.4m for Lucas Moura by us.

Yes, he said that, he (or someone else from São Paulo's board) also said a couple of weeks ago that they plan to keep Lucas Moura for two more years (until the 2014 World Cup), which might explain why that offer was refused (if the offer did happen).

Lucas Moura's agent Wagner Ribeiro told ESPN's journalist Paulo Vinicius Coelho that Lucas Moura doesn't want to leave São Paulo before the 2014 WC, even if a big offer like 40m Euros is made.

Even if we do keep Torres as our main striker we still need another, to either try and pair with Torres or to be in competition with him. Everyone needs competition, but maybe he doesn't? Who knows.

If we let Lukaku leave on loan then we will need to buy a striker or a winger. A winger if we want Sturridge to play up front, or a striker to keep Sturridge on the right of the attack. I have to say if Sturridge did get used up front it may mean he would have to defend less and he would be able to be played more and strikers do need to be selfish sometimes. He does need to learn to pass the bloody ball more though :D

Lucas Piazon was elected the best Chelsea youth player, if I recall correctly.

He was or is playing some tournament in Hong Kong with Chelsea reserves (or youth players?).

Chelsea have an interest in Radamel Falcao, Hulk and Edison Cavani. "We may have two big centre‑forwards who score 25 or 30 goals for us next season and then maybe we'll improve on our sixth-placed finish in the league,"

Torres "main man" for 1 game confirmed.

Essien and Malouda getting new deals :( Christ that's depressing.

I noticed how Malouda looked like he couldn't give a **** at the parade on Sunday, must be waiting for that call from PSG :D Oh and I read on Sky Sports' website that, apparently, according to Hulk's agent its 5 Prem clubs interested in him (1 of them being us)

Essien and Malouda getting new deals :( Christ that's depressing.

Was just about to say that. Essien might not mind as a substitute but Malouda, i don't know if would like to sit it out.

Also its nice to see Ron saying that we need another good striker along with Torres. And looks like we might spend good amount in this window, but just have to make it worth it.

I do want Torres to be our first team striker!

Surprised Kalou has been let go. I can only assume they deemed his wage demands too high for a squad player, or something like that.

Bosingwa off too, so I guess a new RB is needed if Hutch's knee still has questions over it. Would be happy for him to be the back up RB, but only if the club doctors are comfortable with it.

Keep Malouda but get rid of Kalou? Doesn't make sense but whatever, provided we aren't reliant on Malouda being good again it isn't that much of an issue. I don't have an issue with keeping Essien, so long as he's willing to be a backup. If we are signing a second big centre‑forward who score 25 or 30 goals for us next season then I'm happy about that, so long as we don't keep persisting with Torres if he starts the season badly.

He has shown glimpses of quality and was already a proven goal scorer before he came to us. Its just he is not suitable for our style of play. But since it might change I want to give him a chance. Now that Drogba is gone, he knows he is the leading striker for us and might give him that confidence.

He has shown glimpses of quality and was already a proven goal scorer before he came to us. Its just he is not suitable for our style of play. But since it might change I want to give him a chance. Now that Drogba is gone, he knows he is the leading striker for us and might give him that confidence.

agreed i think its worth a shot if it dont work this season then sell

Bosingwa is a decent RB. Unsure why we let him go, good for rotation or back up na d puts the odd shift in CB. Surprising, I expect at least 2 RB in the summer then and is another good one, don't no why we released him. Has been useful recent weeks and while not maybe first team material every game, useful option to have, at least we have Marin coming in but I guess there will be a huge overhaul this summer

Hope Hutch will become our backup RB for next season and if we have to sign a striker I hope it'll be Falcao, proven goalscorer with Porto and now A. Madrid, was top goalscorer in Europe last season (iirc) and one of the top again this season.

I've never sung his praises particularly, but thinking back a bit more objectively (not when he's just horsed a shot out for a throw or something) I think Kalou has shown in his last few appearances he can be a very tidy player. He's had quite a few instances of showing good technique and an ability to beat more than one defender. Think he has deceptively good feet, decent pace, decent work rate and can pitch in with 10+ goals. Never going to be a world beater but he's a great squad player.

The cynical part of me believes he's just started playing well in order to attract a big contract out of someone :D

Archived