Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Van Der Wiel, Dutch press reported this week you made a offer of 9M€, which we refused, but tbh I don't believe the story at all.... did you hear/read anything about that?

Glad the forums are back. Anyway delighted about AVB, so disappointed for Essien as I know he was poor last season but I really hoped he might regain some kind of form this year.

Anybody got any news about the behind closed doors Wycombe friendly tonight?

We've replacements in Mikel/Ramires. Not sure why we need Parker, specially if we get Modric

Agreed, we've got Ramires to play the box-to-box role or Mikel for DM, so as much as I love Scotty, I don't want to see him wasted on our bench. Modric would do nicely though

• Administrators

Chelsea first-half XI: Hilario, Bosingwa, Van Aanholt, Terry, Kalas, Mikel, Kaby, Benayoun, Malouda, Kakuta, Drogba.

Chelsea second-half XI: Turnbull, Ferreira, Cole, Ivanovic, Rajkovic, B Clifford (Mellis), McEachran, Zhirkov, Anelka, Kalou, Torres.

Time to bookmark the new thread :D Glad to get the Chelsea discussion going again :)

Now isnt our 'normal' first choice midfield Mikel-Essien-Lampard? Dont we have Ramires as Essien's back-up? We dont need a backup for Essien, at most just a back-up back-up for Ramires. Its not like we've never used Mikel-Ramires-Lampard, is it?

Subscribed to this thread :)

Delighted we've got AVB, I just hope that Roman won't fire him too quickly, would like to see AVB at Chelsea for many years.

What do you guys think about Di Matteo returning? I think he did a great job at Brom and was a bit surprised when I heard he was sacked.

Subscribed to this thread :)

Delighted we've got AVB, I just hope that Roman won't fire him too quickly, would like to see AVB at Chelsea for many years.

What do you guys think about Di Matteo returning? I think he did a great job at Brom and was a bit surprised when I heard he was sacked.

I'm pleased Roberto is back, as there is only one Di Matteo, but it's an interesting appointment as apparently Di Matteo only took training twice a week at West Brom and left the rest to his staff, so I'll be interested to see exactly what his role will be. Still, glad to have him back

• Administrators

Masek is slightly complicated by the fact he only turned 16 on Sunday and because he went to the U17 World Cup is still on holiday. I expect it to happen but the radio silence on it is for a reason right now.

Depending on favourable Cup draws, Nate will get some playing time, I'm almost certain. Billy would get a Carling Cup look in but I expect him to go on loan after Christmas as he'll be 19 and therefore the club will consider it (almost never loan 18yos out). He's off to Colombia next week for the U20 World Cup though.

Thanks for posting the Wycombe highlights.

Not that they're exactly a reliable source, but The Mail are saying that Chelsea are going for a year-long loan with Parker and a seven-figure fee. (So not £25m, then). I'd be surprised if he came back given how he'd surely be backup for the most part and didn't exactly enjoy that role last time he was here, but he wouldn't be bad squad-filler while Essien is out.

Thanks for posting the Wycombe highlights.

Not that they're exactly a reliable source, but The Mail are saying that Chelsea are going for a year-long loan with Parker and a seven-figure fee. (So not £25m, then). I'd be surprised if he came back given how he'd surely be backup for the most part and didn't exactly enjoy that role last time he was here, but he wouldn't be bad squad-filler while Essien is out.

I've heard somewhere that West Ham are interested in loaning him out for a season and taking him back if they get promoted.

Phil, Hicham Khaloua is going to England on Friday I think. He was meant to go last week but didn't have a passport.

Apparently Liverpool have said they'll be able to get some kind of scholarship from the English FA so he can live in Liverpool for a year if there's problems with his nationality.

We've also seen exactly why I advocated selling Essien about 6-7 weeks back too :( Stupidly negligent of Chelsea to let it happen though.

Hindsight is always 20/20, I'm afraid. Pretty sure it was in his other knee, it's quite unlikely anyone could have seen that coming. Ah well.

I've got a month head start on him in recovery from that injury/surgery. The race is on. :p Should be interesting to see just how soon he's rushed back...I truly am devastated by this though. I have a feeling we've seen the last of his glory days, for certain now. Always will be my favorite player. :(

Hasn't he done both knees already?

I love Essien, he's one of my favourite players and I wouldn't have wanted us to sell him. However, even through my tinted spectacles I could admit that he wasn't what he was and that it would be a struggle to get back to what he was.

Hasn't he done both knees already?

I love Essien, he's one of my favourite players and I wouldn't have wanted us to sell him. However, even through my tinted spectacles I could admit that he wasn't what he was and that it would be a struggle to get back to what he was.

I don't think he's had significant damage in both until now. Maybe. I could be remembering this all wrong. It's been quite a while since some of those initial ones.

Did anybody read Redknapp's comments on Modric the other day? About Modric being the nicest guy and never handing in a transfer request. Other types of player would do that but Modric never etc. I thought those comments where awful. Instead of saying Modric would never hand in a transfer request being he simply doesn't have a good reason for it (like a chairman not breaking a promise), he is essentially gambling on Modric to just shut the hell up and be treated like a moron. Good on him to have handed a transfer request yesterday then :D

Wouldnt mind having him now tbf. Looks like the type of player we need and has a great mentality. ****ing of the spurs fan is just an added bonus now :D

Archived