Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lampard won't be properly dropped for another year at least, and rightly so. I think our strongest 11 right now is...

Cech

Ivanovic

Terry

Luiz/Cahill

Cole

Mikel

Lampard

Ramires

Mata

Hazard

Torres/New Striker

My word, the Hazard transfer thread is ridiculous now.

Saw on SSN earlier they had a piece looking at the Hazard signing and all the midfielders you have now. I assume Malouda and Benayoun will be moved on? Will Kakuta, McEachran and De Bruyne be farmed out on loan again? Marin a squad player?

What about Lukaku, there was talk of him being loaned to Bremen, that still happening?

Mata + Torres and Hazard + Lukaku are two sweet striker and shadow combos :cool:

Does Malouda just have 1 year left on his contract that he will see out before being et go next summer then? Thought he would be one of the older players being allowed to leave.

Few of you keep talking about Hulk, is that something with a good chance of happening? Or even a priority now? Could understand more if AVB was in charge still but would think a proper striker (i.e. Falcao who has also been mentioned) is more important especially if Lukaku goes out on loan.

A RB and a ST that would be squad players, on the strength that I see Lukaku away on loan next season it would leave us with 2 STs in Torres and Sturridge which isn't enough (especially when you take into account Sturridge's versatility which allows him to play out wide aswell and get game time there) so 3 is always a safe/good number of strikers to have.

Getting someone like VdW would be class at RB for the price and given how good he is. Bosingwa is off (finally \o/) and I don't trust Hutch's fitness levels nor do I think it'll be ideal to have Paulo as our backup RB.

Just had a google, didn't realise Bosingwa had been allowed to leave on a free, found [/url]]this Guardian article which also suggests Malouda and Ferreira could get new deals. Also missed stories linking you with VdW, know he's been linked with a move from Ajax for a while and Valencia just signed Joao Pereira so they won't be in for him anymore, I agree for the prices mentioned (under £10m) he could be a good signing, will be interesting to see if someone can get a deal done before the Euros and how his demand/price might change after.

Just had a google, didn't realise Bosingwa had been allowed to leave on a free, found ]this Guardian[/url] article which also suggests Malouda and Ferreira could get new deals. Also missed stories linking you with VdW, know he's been linked with a move from Ajax for a while and Valencia just signed Joao Pereira so they won't be in for him anymore, I agree for the prices mentioned (under £10m) he could be a good signing, will be interesting to see if someone can get a deal done before the Euros and how his demand/price might change after.
I remember reading the telegraph yesterday and in the article about Hazard it said that apparently Malouda was considering options (some Turkish clubs are interested) and the club has told Paulo he can go as they intend to bring in VdW

I have seen very little of Hulk, but everyone on these forums I trust says he is good, but nowhere near "£40m good", so to speak.

Also I thought Torres had been promised a starting place next year after he was unhappy a few weeks ago. Would that happen with Hulk?

Think we should try and get Srna on cheap this summer. He's a close friend to Shakhtar's owner and I seriously doubt he would make him trouble moving to a CL winner.

Great as an attacking option for the right back or defensive option for the right midfield. Would easily be our best free kick and set pieces taker if not the best in the entire EPL.

The only problem is that Bane is playing there but the season is long and him and Srna can both play 2 positions.

Yeah but I feel it's more realistic to get him now. Back then they've just won the UEFA Cup and thought they'd have a great shout at the CL. Well they reached the 1/4 final though but still.

• Administrators

As much as I think the Hulk deal isn't sensible, I think he's better than Marin. Plus, it's clear why he's being signed, if you read this and infer what I'm inferring.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151724/Roman-Abramovich-rebuilding-Chelsea-Pep-Guardiolas-arrival--Neil-Ashton.html#ixzz1wJQjNnX0

Brendan Rodgers :(
Liverpool got the wrong man, imo, but it'll be interesting to see where Swansea go from here.
As much as I think the Hulk deal isn't sensible, I think he's better than Marin. Plus, it's clear why he's being signed, if you read this and infer what I'm inferring.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151724/Roman-Abramovich-rebuilding-Chelsea-Pep-Guardiolas-arrival--Neil-Ashton.html#ixzz1wJQjNnX0

I understand the reasoning to the Hulk signing, I just don't like the idea one ****ing bit. If Pep comes, do you think he'll move away from the 4-2-3-1?

• Administrators

Guardiola won't come this summer, who knows about the future. Formation will be up to him and we've seen he can be flexible and creative, but none of that is why we're signing Hulk. It's clear that Torres is going to be the guy up front this season, whether I agree with it or not, and they're going to do their darndest to give him every chance possible to score. Mata, Hazard and Hulk behind him at a cost of £100m combined. If he can't produce - and let's face it, odds are against him based on his body of work so far - then they need to do their fair share of producing to bail him out, and Hulk's propensity for shooting from just about anywhere will go some way to helping.

He's a good player and he'll score 15 or so next season if we sign him, and whilst I know we're paying Porto premium AGAIN, I don't like the fee. That said, I doubt I'll care in about 3 months.

• Administrators

RE: that article btw, Ashton's not clever enough to have worked this out himself. He has very good sources at the club, and on top of that this stuff was fed to the journalists by Gourlay last week and he's just been told a bit more, clearly. Whether you like it or not, that's the direction things are going in.

• Administrators

Hulk strikes me as a right footed Sturridge with a bit more about him because he's a bit older and has more experience. Sturridge can become a better player and I don't think he'll be best pleased by the signing. Mind, if someone works out Sturridge is a better striker than Torres and puts him up top with whatever combination of three behind him, watch out.

I don't think Hulk is the greatest player to get if the plan is to provide for Torres tbh. But then again, I don't think Hulk is the right man at all to be getting.

The way it infer it is that there are elements/people within the set-up who do not trust Torres and therefore if he's going to be our designated lead man there is a need to get goals from other sources, and Hulk scores goals.

Play Sturridge up top.

Studying Torres' goals for Liverpool so we can replicate the exact same thing? I am calling ******** on this but if it's true, it's laughable and pathetic. Do your homework before buying the player ffs.

Which dignified person would want to take the managerial job under such pathetic circumstances?

Hulk strikes me as a right footed Sturridge with a bit more about him because he's a bit older and has more experience. Sturridge can become a better player and I don't think he'll be best pleased by the signing. Mind, if someone works out Sturridge is a better striker than Torres and puts him up top with whatever combination of three behind him, watch out.

Hulk is left footed though?

Archived