Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this for real? He scored 11 goals this season despite Drogba being the main man for big matches and some matches being absolutely thrown away, talking about under RDM of course. 10 goals should not be a problem, he just has to score one or two goals every month ffs. Increase the number to 20 and I'll join in as that's a more proper bet, and if he scores above 30, I will donate 50 to a charity of you guys' choosing.

I wouldn't just assume De Bruyne is going away on loan next season tbh. Just wanted to say that in here in between all the talk of your team for next season.

I give him a reasonable chance of convincing Chelsea in preseason that he can play a part next season. He's no Lukaku, his game is already good enough, he just hasn't had a chance to prove it yet.

• Administrators

I think De Bruyne is certainly able to play for us now, I'm just not sure the club are prepared to deviate from the approach they want to take with him. I reckon he'll do well in pre-season as well but that probably won't keep him from being loaned out and from what he's said I think he knows it too.

Lots depends on who leaves as well; we have to consider him as a central midfielder really, he's clearly much better used there. If we've got Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Romeu and Essien, then he's better than three of those for sure and eminently usable from day one. If any of them leave, bonus.

cm really i saw him as a backup to mata in the cam position assuming we get hulk here is how i saw our squad (first names being first choice)

gk- cech , turnball , hilario

rb- ivanovic , hutchinson or new backup

cb- terry , luiz , cahill

lb- cole , bertrand

rdm- mikel , essien , romeu

ldm- lampard , ramires , meireles

rw- hulk , marin

cam mata , de bruyne

lw hazard , malouda

st , torres , sturridge , lukaku

then there is also kakuta , ferriera and maybe some others on the fringe

So how does everyone think Hazard and Mata are going to play together? Some in the Hazard thread are wondering but I do think that having each at AM and LW and having them swap/free roles will be very effective. They obviously both like being the focal point of the attack and will want a lot of the ball but at the same time they both make such similar and clever runs I think they will work well together. Having both of them running our creative side should be a delight to watch.

Malouda has scored an absolute PEACH against us (Serbia) which begs the question as to why he can't be arsed at Chelsea anymore :(

Probably because everytime he steps onto the field he is jeered or booed constantly to the point of absurdity. Even when he was playing brilliantly under Ancelotti you could still see people who didn't like the idea of him playing and now that he isn't performing to that level it's even worse.

Well it seems Hulk is ours. £38million is a hell of a lot of money so he is going to have to perform but tbh I am trying not to let the price tag get to me, as I have for the past few days. Would have preferred it if we could have got them under the £30million mark, even under £25million would have been a lot but tbh the attack of Torres with Hazard - Mata - Hulk behind him does look very good. Especially if you add into that Sturridge and Marin who will also add a lot of pace and creativity to the side. Still think we need a backup right back and then I think we are pretty much done already. Will be interesting to see if the spending stops there or if we will try and offload some others and bring in more.

if he wasn't called HULK would we be as interested? if he was called oscar brandao or something...

If his football name was "Nildo" (from his first name "Givanildo") he would certainly receive far less media attention.

Hulk is too much of a visible football name.

Reds possible outs. Blues possible loans. Based on what i've seen/heard.

Keepers

Cech

Turnbull

Hilario

Defenders

Branislav Ivanović

Ashley Cole

David Luiz

Paulo Ferreira

Gary Cahill

John Terry

Sam Hutchinson

Ryan Bertrand

Midfielders

Michael Essien

Oriol Romeu

Ramires

Frank Lampard

Juan Mata

John Obi Mikel

Florent Malouda

Raul Meireles

Josh McEachran

Gael Kakuta

Yossi Benayoun

Kevin De Bruyne

Eden Hazard

Marko Marin

Forwards

Fernando Torres

Romelu Lukaku

Daniel Sturridge

Hulk

Who? There aren't a lot to choose from.
Sturridge will definitely improve, that's as close to a certainty as you'll get. I don't think we'll be going back to the hideous 4-3-3 either.

Ivanović is, arguably, world class.

I think Torres will have a 20 (ish) goal season next campaign, with bridgekings to spontaneously combust with that prospect in sight

Somebody who can atleast be a solid backup at RB, I say world class because it's not my money..

your not incredible, your not incredible!

Can't wait to hear that at every one of Chelsea's away games next season.

Looks like you guys could well be back to challenging next season.

You haven't even seen him play for Chelsea? I think any new signing deserves a chance to show what he can do
No **** as maybe he has yet to kick a ball in the Chelsea shirt.

Not impressed by him as a player tbh and it was an unnecessary signing, that's all. Add the fact that I would rather have seen Marin start as we already bought him and could play at AMR/RW (or however you wanna see it) there is no feasible reason to get Hulk.

Also, thirty eight ****ing million. Thirty eight!!! Would rather have gotten Lavezzi if we were looking for a right winger if all Marin is gonna be is a squad player now :(

Would rather burn £38m in front of my eyes than use it to buy Hulk. *shudders*

Am especially gutted that Marin will be on the bench because of this ****ing goon, hope he breaks his leg(s) in preseason

icon_redfaceotf.gificon_redfaceotf.gificon_redfaceotf.gif

I've never even wished that on Torres icon_redfaceotf.gif.

Hulk to outscore Torres by 2:1.

Archived