Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you could take the stripe off and it would look fine tbh. Then it would be a nice simple away kit. Also don't like the fact the stripe is Man City blue.

Also we have been outbid for Battersea Power Station which is a shame but it's not surprising as I am sure I read somewhere that Boris Johnson wasn't keen on us having the Stadium there, how much input in the decision he has, I don't know.

I think you could take the stripe off and it would look fine tbh. Then it would be a nice simple away kit. Also don't like the fact the stripe is Man City blue.

Also we have been outbid for Battersea Power Station which is a shame but it's not surprising as I am sure I read somewhere that Boris Johnson wasn't keen on us having the Stadium there, how much input in the decision he has, I don't know.

Yup. The plain white would have been good. It doesn't even feel blue.

It is just paper talk and I doubt there is any weight in the rumour, pretty sure it was also speculated about/asked about earlier in the thread somewhere. But what would people think about Fellaini and adding another Belgian to our ranks? Not quite sure how I'm about it. Would love to see him play for us, but where would he play and over who? Mikel started to really show glimpses of a player in his preferred role (the way he was being played) under RdM, so would it be worth it or would it just be spending money for the sake of it.

As I said, it's all speculation but given I live in Belgium anything to do with the Belgians coming to Chelsea kinda gets me excited! :D

Yeah, I read a Belgium paper (or I think it was :D) a couple of days back linking us with Felli w/ Lukaku on loan the other way (something like £14m which could rise to £18) which would be a good deal, imo. I think he'd probably play next to Mikel but I don't see him as a necessary buy (unless Essien's getting sold) because we're swamped with CMs - although I'd like him to join as he'd be a fantastic box-to-box midfielder and could function very well in a 4-2-3-1. Plus, his afro :cool:

The Luiz to Barca rumours are rearing their heads again (albeit from the Daily Fail) but the price is £35m-40m which, as much as I love Luiz, I'd probably take

We dodged a bullet a while ago.

Coventry assistant manager Steve Kean claims he has been approached to join Luiz Felipe Scolari's coaching staff at Chelsea.

However Kean has stressed he is "happy" with his role at the Ricoh Arena, where he is number two to manager Chris Coleman, and does not expect to move.

He confirmed: "There was contact made from someone acting on behalf of Mr Scolari and when the contact came in I made Ray Ranson, our chairman at Coventry, and Chris Coleman aware of it straight away."

The Scot had a playing spell with Coimbra in Portugal and understands the language, which could be useful if Chelsea are looking for a British coach to work alongside Brazilian Scolari.

But Kean does not expect the approach to result in a move to Stamford Bridge.

He told BBC Radio Scotland: "I don't think so, because the chairman has stated that I've got a contract and I'm happy with the project we've got at Coventry."

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/183175-kean-set-to-snub-chelsea-approach#ixzz1x8jXr6Z6

I'm gonna take any rumour we are signing any more Belgians with a pretty massive pinch of salt as it just stinks of a journalist somewhere noticing we have a lot of Belgian players and trying to fill some column inches.

I don't really expect us to sign him. Was more of a general question as to what would people's thoughts be. Personally I love the fact we have so many Belgians playing for us, given I follow the league quite closely and would love to see even more play in Chelsea colours.

We dodged a bullet a while ago.

He then got sacked at the end of the season :lol: believed to be due to his drunken behaviour being a negative influence on the players/manager. How he went from that to Blackburn manager is beyond me :confused:

He then got sacked at the end of the season :lol: believed to be due to his drunken behaviour being a negative influence on the players/manager. How he went from that to Blackburn manager is beyond me :confused:
Phenomenal talent spotter, didn't you know? Told Sam that he must take Phil Jones to the senior side as he could be better than Terry!

The Musonda story has emerged because a teammate posted "Good luck at Chelsea Charly" on facebook.
Anderlecht general manager has been asked about it, and hasn't denied it. "He's not 16 yet, so is free to go where he wants". People itk (fwiw) are also claiming the story is true.

Because its all real, its all come from a work in progress. We win a few titles, thus attract fans and sponsership. We sign and sell a few players shrewdly, thus make money. We then build a new academy and new stadium from this success and clever financial investment thus produce players, increase attendance and again increase sponsership etc etc. This is how a club grows, theres nothing wrong with that. That's fundamentally how Man U became so big from the early 90's to now for example.

Saying all of that I don't really wanna get in to the sugar daddy debate, because to be honest, who would say no?? The fact is Arsenal are great and have a soul and Chelsea suck and don't have a soul and if you'll gonna try and dispute that with logical, realistic, argument, then I have no time for you. :o

so basically you have just stated that what you have said is not logical or realistic so you have defeated yourself

Representatives of FC Porto are in London to negotiate the transfer of Hulk to Chelsea according to Francois Piraux. Also add that deal has been agreed between Hulk and Chelsea,not yet between Porto and Chelsea. FC Porto wants 65m€ and Chelsea propose 50m€. However,the deal is likely to be conclude by the end of this week

50m is ridiculous enough but they want 65?!? Porto can **** off, I hope we're sensible enough to look at better targets and stop pursuing Hulk.

Archived