OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The news section is so much better now!! It's good to have more of the world news in with the news of your own club, it was one of the few things about recent versions that I didn't like. :) This version is making me feel a lot more in touch with things.

I agree with folks on the crazy agent fees. Admittedly I'm playing as Man City to get used to the new version but when trying to make transfers I've had agents demanding well over 10 million as well as the player wanting about the same in signing on fees. I have no idea how much agents charge in real life so I can't say it's really a negative for me as it may well be realistic amounts. I'm really enjoying trying to get the fees down as low as possible before making the deals anyway.

What graphical detail is it set to in the preferences? Let me know, thanks.

It was set at Auto Detect and playing in Full Screen, I set Graphic Detail to Medium, didn't make much difference, but then I set game to play Windowed, and that made it a lot smoother. But I don't understand why I can play in High Detail in FML and the ME looks much better!

My Specs:

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, Display Memory: 1024.0 MB

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

So far quite nice. Easy download from Steam, started right up with no troubles. Love the improvements, especially the graphics and the new views. Haven't had enough time to try the improved press conferences, etc. Good tactics creator. Gonna love the upgrade on the 5th.

Liking the match console a lot more than 2010 but just one issue so far. Was playing first match of the season and in the very first minute my team plays a long ball forward and the opposition goalkeeper catches the ball on the edge of the area then just before he throws the ball out ref whistles for foul then sends him off!! I didn't see the foul i guess the goalkeeper must of walked out the box with the ball? But even then surely that is not a red card? Not sure if other people have had this but maybe something to look at? Apart from that though really enjoying the game so far!

Just fired it up, first kinda serious nag, Barca's color scheme is totally unreadable. Both the blue and the red are too dark, like it was a few years ago. Was solved for the past couple releases with lighter colors, shame it's broken again :/

Liking the match console a lot more than 2010 but just one issue so far. Was playing first match of the season and in the very first minute my team plays a long ball forward and the opposition goalkeeper catches the ball on the edge of the area then just before he throws the ball out ref whistles for foul then sends him off!! I didn't see the foul i guess the goalkeeper must of walked out the box with the ball? But even then surely that is not a red card? Not sure if other people have had this but maybe something to look at? Apart from that though really enjoying the game so far!

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG2M3XBbg2s (sorry about bad quality couldn't work out how to upload sending offs from in the game only goals)

Dear Si,

There are some very good enhancements but some things that are not so good.

Who is the researcher for Spurs? Have they actually done any research?

How can a team that finished 4th in the Prem and qualify for the champions league only have national reputation? Are you saying nobody in Italy or Spain have heard of Tottenham?

How can Liverpool have a better squad than us? When we finished above them last year, and we are already out of reach this year?

Gareth Bale just scored 3 goals against Inter tonight yet he only has 3 stars for current ability? Hes been the best left sided player in the world for the past few months. I understand he is a wonderkid, but his ability should be very high already.

Robbie Keane has been rubbish and a reserve at Spurs for over a year now. Why is he the best striker at the club?

Gallas was bought as back up to Dawson and King and so far this season been awful, as he was last season for Arsenal. Why is he our best defender?

Assou Ekotto has had a very good season and is amongst the best left backs in the league, he is underrated.

Lennon is severley underrated.

How is Defoe not the best striker? underrated.

Palacios has been out of favour for some months. Yet he is our best midfielder?

It seems there is no research into these players and the markings are based on reputation rather than performance in the last year or 2.

Finally the contract negotiations will begin to get rather tedious after a while, is there a button to switch them off? Its not even realistic for a start because the Chairman or Chief exec would negotiate not the manager.

For the people moaning about what fee agents are wanting, you do know that you can negotiate with them don't you?? some agents will try and fleece you in regards to what a client wants or what he wants personally, i've put signing on fees and agent fees down by more than 50% and they've been accepted.

Miles said some agents would try and take you for a ride while some would just be up front and honest with you.

First impression... the match engine, please tell me its a beta version we are seeing here please. For example I have my defender with the ball, 2 inch from an open goal, instead of tapping in the goal, he decide to help the other team "clear" it from danger by passing it out wide to my winger. Seriously? not to mention all the problem with weird player movement all over the field that just dont make sense, chasing the ball then suddenly stop and let other team take the ball? FM09 anyone?

I played as spur, our player data...as aw21 mentioned, its just...wow. Please take a look into the data, its just...sad.

Edit: this is experience from few match into actual league games.

Dear Si,

How can a team that finished 4th in the Prem and qualify for the champions league only have national reputation? Are you saying nobody in Italy or Spain have heard of Tottenham?

How can Liverpool have a better squad than us? When we finished above them last year, and we are already out of reach this year?

Gareth Bale just scored 3 goals against Inter tonight yet he only has 3 stars for current ability? Hes been the best left sided player in the world for the past few months. I understand he is a wonderkid, but his ability should be very high already.

Robbie Keane has been rubbish and a reserve at Spurs for over a year now. Why is he the best striker at the club?

Gallas was bought as back up to Dawson and King and so far this season been awful, as he was last season for Arsenal. Why is he our best defender?

Assou Ekotto has had a very good season and is amongst the best left backs in the league, he is underrated.

It seems there is no research into these players and the markings are based on reputation rather than performance in the last year or 2.

Finally the contract negotiations will begin to get rather tedious after a while, is there a button to switch them off? Its not even realistic for a start because the Chairman or Chief exec would negotiate not the manager.

Yes there is and have you actually played games to see how well they do in game?

First impressions: I am enjoying the demo so far :), but I do reserve judgement on 1 or 2 things...

1. Alex from Chelsea only has 10 for his Free Kick Taking - now I know that he doesn't take many free kicks at Chelsea due to Lampard/Drogba being above him in the free kick pecking order... but we all know (and commentators have said during matches where he has been in contention for a free kick) that he can hit them very well... his most recent being against Arsenal in the Premier League, but if you track back to the UCL Chelsea vs Liverpool Quarter Final second leg meeting then you'll see him score a cracker there too.

2. Even as a less than money shy club like Man City I don't have the budget somehow to meet the Signing On Fee and even sometimes the Agent Fee of some of the top quality players I've gone for (I'm capped at 7.5M for both)... that's regardless of whether I go to the board room and boost up my Transfer Budget to 80M or I boost up my Wage Budget so that I have 1.8M of wages to play around with. :confused:

Other than that, so far so good!! :D I'll keep quiet about the less obvious attribute deficits on players in the game that I don't agree with, as the Alex case is probably the most justified one I have... where as the others are probably more my own opinion on the players if anything. ;)

Edit: I'd also like to make a big shout out to everybody at SI and everyone else that's involved in the effort to make this simulation game what it is - I know there's always something that us consumers think should be changed here and there... but you take on board everything that we say and use that feedback to make the game better and better each year.

First impression... the match engine, please tell me its a beta version we are seeing here please. For example I have my defender with the ball, 2 inch from an open goal, instead of tapping in the goal, he decide to help the other team "clear" it from danger by passing it out wide to my winger. Seriously? not to mention all the problem with weird player movement all over the field that just dont make sense, chasing the ball then suddenly stop and let other team take the ball? FM09 anyone?

I played as spur, our player data...as aw21 mentioned, its just...wow. Please take a look into the data, its just...sad.

Edit: this is experience from few match into actual league games.

If your defender really did decide not to tap in from 2 inches you should upload the PKM of the match to SI as I'm sure they would be interested in it.

The Tottenham data looks mainly fine to me, can't see where the complaints are there. Maybe Gallas is a bit too highly rated, maybe Bentley as well but that's about it as far as I can see.

If your defender really did decide not to tap in from 2 inches you should upload the PKM of the match to SI as I'm sure they would be interested in it.

The Tottenham data looks mainly fine to me, can't see where the complaints are there. Maybe Gallas is a bit too highly rated, maybe Bentley as well but that's about it as far as I can see.

I quited without saving the last few games, hopefully can find it later.

For the people moaning about what fee agents are wanting, you do know that you can negotiate with them don't you?? some agents will try and fleece you in regards to what a client wants or what he wants personally, i've put signing on fees and agent fees down by more than 50% and they've been accepted.

Miles said some agents would try and take you for a ride while some would just be up front and honest with you.

Still downloading the demo, but is there a relation between you and the agent? Say for example you might have a good relation with a certain agent, he will be more likely to be honest with you, or if he is the slimey type at least he'll try to fleece you for less? Also if he has a good relation with you he may try and 'advise' players to sign for (or against) you?

I don't know if it is just me, maybe I'm in an irritable mood... I don't know.

But coming into this thread to read people's reactions to the Demo and having to read through 4 pages worth of people giving updates on the progress of their downloads (63% OMG Almost there!) and Mitch182 going on and on about Cahill's jumping stat.... I think I'm going to stab myself in the eye with a chopstick.

I picked a squad and every player has a red dot next to him. No matter what position he takes.

I just had the same thing happen when I asked my assistant manager to pick my side for my opening Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur. :confused:

The positions came up as red dots for the players even though they were in their regular positions, however it didn't seem to affect the match itself (which I won 6 - 2 no thanks to a Dzeko debut hat-trick :D).

whats happened to the likes of chris smalling he's still so slow on the game when he is really quick in real life, also the likes of tom cleverley hasn't changed much at all from 2010 game when ferguson was saying what an exciting player he is, please update this for the release

Just downloaded the demo and first few days into the game. I have one question...did i download a US version? It keeps referring to me as the "Head Coach" while apparently i want to play attractive "soccer". A bit disappointed with the skin...it seems very crowded (though again i was a bit disappointed with the 10 skin as well before liking it :))

For those with an issue over Tim Cahill's attributes, there is a full explanation from the Everton researchher in the Everton Data Issues thread, so please keep that discussion out of here.

The Bugs forum is now open, so please post any bug issues in the relevant thread in there.

The Data Issues forum is also open so post any issues about player attributes ( bearing in mind that they are all opinions ) in the relevant thread in there.

Thanks.

Dear Si,

Are you using Kevin Bond's opinion to form your judgements? Look at his ratings for judging ability and potential and find yourself an ass man capable of doing both to a much higher standard.

That's all well and good, but when the intial fee demanded is £15-20m signing on fee and £10-15m agent fee I can negotiate it down to about £7.5-10m and £5-7.5m at best (if I'm lucky) which is still mega high IMO. Even Man City have a cap of about £7m for the signing on fee so I couldn't buy the player even if I did decide to meet the extortionate fees, this is with the richest club in the world.

This is with fairly big players. But still, it's a little silly. Add these £20m fees and £30m transfer fee as well as £175,000 per week. It's far too much IMO.

Cahill with 14 for heading? Sorry, but this for me is a fundamental flaw and thus a game-breaker. I've removed the demo from my system and have cancelled my pre-order for the full release.

Today you lose a long standing customer. Hope you're happy.

I hope this is a joke. Else there is something very wrong.

Are you saying nobody in Italy or Spain have heard of the team that played @ Old Trafford yesterday?

Champions League - Group C October 20

FT Manchester U. 1 - 0 Bursaspor

which major competition Tottenham has won in the last 10 years ?

League Cough does not counts !

p.s. DARK SKIN patch for demo !

Archived