OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vidic jumps around a foot higher than than Cahill's best effort.

I need an explanation better do it now. Regarding the aerial ability of a player, do we still need to check Jumping stat only? Is the height "useless" as in FM10?

Looked good, went Tottenham to have a quick look about, made a corner set piece and when I went to set my FK takers I got an error and FM closed so yea, 20 minutes and it crashed already so I'll probably fire it up later but has anyone else had an error yet?

Brilliant..just brilliant!!! Was really disappointed on seeing the ME videos on YouTube thinking that the defensive problems continued in the new version. However i must say i am really impressed...my defenders moving ahead of the opposition to intercept the balls, central defenders coming out wide to cover an unmarked player on the flanks when my fullback is caught out of position, players flinging themselves in tackles...and the fact that Nani just scored a wonderful goal with a brilliant chip over the keeper is just an icing on the cake....now if the vexed regen development has been improved..then i think this will be the best game that i have every played let alone a footie sim

Love the new interaction/conversation/negotiation. Match engine seems sweet very smooth. Waiting to see the private journalist chat.

9/10 - Can't have 10/10 until FM 2012 :)

Well done all, seem to have kept the best of FM10 and improved what needed, so its still familiar. I'm sure it will be even better once the full game is out and you have played a few seasons, so your relationships change and increase/decrease.

Now got to go away on Holiday for 10 days..Miss it!

One month in and getting used to the interface.

Am I missing a single click button to go to the squad screen? Can't find it and it's really bugging me.

Are you referring to the customisable shortcut icon? If yes, then right click over any empty area of your Menu Bar and you'll have the full list of custom shortcut icons you can add to it.

I cannot understand why you are leaving out a dark skin for even the full version ????

No one ever said that we're leaving the dark skin out for the full version. And as Steve Cox mentioned earlier, it wasn't available in the boxed release last year either.

What I can suggest to everyone who is concerned about this issue is that there isn't any need to worry as this is something that was always going to be addressed even if nobody on here complained about it.

Clicking on a result takes about 5-6 seconds to load.Why is that in fm 10 it was instant?

This is something we're aware of, and are currently looking into internally. There were a lot of under the hood changes done to the Match screen this year, which unfortunately may have caused this issue to occur. We do consider it to be a high priority issue and so it will definitely be positively addressed.

I need an explanation better do it now. Regarding the aerial ability of a player, do we still need to check Jumping stat only? Is the height "useless" as in FM10?

Don't tell me nobody knows the answer and you're trying to avoid :p I can't believe that.

I agree with this post - especially with United's starting transfer budget. Although no one knows for sure what United's financial position actually is, we know for certain they sold Ronaldo for 80 million. Valencia was bought for 20 mill and a few players last summer equalled about 20 mill as well. However, a good champ league campaign coupled with an excellent final league position surely means additional funds. 17.5 mill seems very low when taking these factors into consideration.

I'm sorry but how much do you believe is actually available to Fergie to spend? 30M-40M if so and your a United fan your kidding yourself that kind of money will not be spent again while the laziers are in controll.

There's a slight graphical error on substitutions; if you use the click and drag method from name to name (i.e. SB2 dragged to LCB), the two buttons can sometimes not reset back to the 'unpressed' mouse position (that it, they look like you are still holding after release). I'm on Win7 32-bit with an nVidia 8500GT 1GB with the latest drivers (260.89).

I'm a little disappointed that commenting on the players of other teams hasn't been fleshed out a little, especially now that agents have a bigger role, and the contract system wasn't instantly apparent. I kept trying to click the greyed out Confirm Offer button, until I realised that Suggest Terms means suggest to the client rather than have your Assistant suggest possible terms to offer. I suppose that's what I get for not using the advisor, but the thing feels like an internet popup, and is a little annoying. I love the fact that one of my players got a new contract and near immediately sacked his agent (possibly too low, Tevez has been tutoring him). Fun.

1) This isn't machine/graphic card specific. Something we're already aware and looking into at the moment.

2) It does naturally take a little while to adapt to the new Contract Offer panel, especially when you consider that it is its first major layout revamp for some time.

No one ever said that we're leaving the dark skin out for the full version. And as Steve Cox mentioned earlier, it wasn't available in the boxed release last year either.

What I can suggest to everyone who is concerned about this issue is that there isn't any need to worry as this is something that was always going to be addressed even if nobody on here complained about it.

So where did I get the dark skin from?

I've never ever used steam.

Don't tell me nobody knows the answer and you're trying to avoid :p I can't believe that.

Height isn't useless, as it forms part of the players jumping stat. A player who is 5"8 with 16 jumping would reach higher in the air than a 6"2 player with a 15 jumping stat. If that makes sense.

3. Interface: Not exactly sure yet. Looks modern and polished. Maybe I got too used to the FM10 interface and I'm not sure if this feels like a big improvement, but at least it doesn't feel like a setback either.

I was a big fan of the FM 10 skin, but I've recently found it quite difficult to go back to it when I've had to for testing purposes. I would expect (or hope) the same will apply to you (and everyone else) after playing the demo for a few days ;)

I should add that it is good to see that you're finding it both 'modern and polished', as there were never any plans to make any wholesale changes to it. We feel the 'big improvement' was achieved with last year's skin that laid out the foundations for us to build on and subtly improve as we hope we have managed to this year.

Thanks for the answer regarding Facebook Bardi.

how do i find league reputations ?

I'm also interested in this, I mean is there a list/menu somewhere with the league reputations (not the uefa coefficient one), or is it a hidden stat (like the CA/PA of the players) ?

Thanks for the answer regarding Facebook Bardi.

I'm also interested in this, I mean is there a list/menu somewhere with the league reputations (not the uefa coefficient one), or is it a hidden stat (like the CA/PA of the players) ?

Yes, there is. Go from the Menu Bar -> [World] -> Competitions. This will default to show all competitions in the entire game world. If you'd like to filter it to a specific continent, use the Quick Flicks (left/right arrows on either side of the World map in the Title Bar) or the Breadcrumbs (navigation trail at the footer of the screen).

Archived