OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the crowd look like flat cartoons, or is that to do with my graphics card?

On FM10 they looked more realistic, but on the FM11 demo they look like motionless cartoons.

Edit Nevermind, playing at home now and the crowd looks much better with more fans together.

It must have been because there was only a small crowd on at Port Vale.

Playing on a mac....love the training, set peice creator and match graphics really stood out as improved. really like the contact negotiation (apart from an agent ripping me off to the tune of 6m!).

However, having spent ages on setting up training, tactics and omnly having played one friendly, the game just crashed. Really frustrating start.

Exactly the same transfers in my game. I am Sunderland in this.

Transfer Craziness

first of all, a quote from miles from his mirror sport blog, day 15:

The transfer system in Football Manager 2011 reflects this current state of the world. It means that in the first season, it’s pretty hard to sell players, as clubs don’t have much money, and their squads are full, so you’ll see even more loan to buy deals than normal in this first season.

ok, so its now August 29th and Chelsea have bought:

Neymar: £17m

Miranda: £7.25m

Moussa Sissoko: £10.5m

Vaclav Kadlec: £1.4m

Hangeland: £13.25m

Atila Turan: £1.6m

Raphael Holzhauser: £1.7m

Ibrahim Afellay: £7.5m

Terence Makengo: £3.1m

Vagner Love: £11.25m

Total Spend: £75m

Seems odd...

And what seems even odder:

Robert Pires [36] to Aston Villa

Pascal Cygan [36] to Everton

Roberto Carlos [37] to Birmingham

i dunno, but this all seems very odd while I'm playing

I love the new match preview screen, where it shows pictures of the 2 key players and also shows all the other days fixtures, much better. :thup:

I also love the scrolling writing accross the top, with some facts.. very smart.

One thing i have noticed, is the crowd doesn't get excited anymore when the team is attacking like on FM10. :(

The only time i see them move, is when a goal is scored.

I love the new match preview screen, where it shows pictures of the 2 key players and also shows all the other days fixtures, much better. :thup:

I also love the scrolling writing accross the top, with some facts.. very smart.

One thing i have noticed, is the crowd doesn't get excited anymore when the team is attacking like on FM10. :(

The only time i see them move, is when a goal is scored.

It's the prawn sandwich brigade mate. Quite accurate. :)

I got backroom advice to set my goalkeeper's training to focus on goal kicks, but there is no such focus is there? Clicking "Start Individual Training" changed nothing.

Have you looked at the goalkeeper's Training panel? There's an Individual Training Focus row in the Training Report. Has that not changed?

Have you looked at the goalkeeper's Training panel? There's an Individual Training Focus row in the Training Report. Has that not changed?

It didn't change the focus, it still says "None".

I'm guessing a Goal Kicks focus category was removed at some point?

In reality it's not so much 'jumping' as it is 'aerial reach'. Zigic wouldn't even need to jump at all to be higher than the maximum Cahill could. It's not idiotic at all, as Andy Clarke said, it's perfectly logical.

So you are saying that Cahill cant even jump 25 centimetres off the ground? If so shouldn't his jumping attribute be much much lower?

why is lukaka so cheap to buy it is well know chelsea.realmadrid and arsenal are very interested in this lad and he wont be leaving anderlect for anything under 20mill yet he can be signed for 6-8mill on the demo. Aso it has been stated that he will be leaving anderlect untill next season at the earliest. Some other tranfer fees look very unrealistic also such as alexi sanchez of udinese available for 12mill if this was the case in real he would not be still at udinese for sure.

Sorry about the rant but being able to sign players such as these and there are many others just makes the tranfers unrealistic and makes the game easy to dominate after know time at all

• Administrators
I'm a little bit worried that the guys from SI team didn't really find a minute and share their thoughts on 19mil pounds signing fees agent's are asking for. Because to me it really seems unrealistic and this could be a big game breaker!

It's been logged in the bugs forum and it's an issue which is under review. To be honest depending on the player, his willingness to join the club, the attitude of the agent and the value of the transfer this all needs to be taken into account.

• Administrators
You should have realised by now the unofficial attitude of SI towards the German league. They always tend to underestimate Bundesliga players on every version of the game. Maybe it's some kind of subconscious cultural hate/bias, maybe it's not. but IMO there's something there. Another thing - no German quick start in the demo.

Just have to say this is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say with no foundation of truth.

Prefer the FM10 version of the skin tbh. The New one just seems a bit bland to me. Other than that, I have no complaints and it's looking promising all-around! Cheers. Off to play some more ->

Don't know if its been mentioned, but just started a game with Wolves, i've asked a couple of defenders to stay on their feet when tackling, they decide not to, fair enough, but there are only 2 options after that and they both involve puishing the defender to learn the PPM, I can't change topic or anything so they just get upset.

Can anyone help me, my graphics aren't showing up?

<a  href=http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5505/celticceltictactics.th.png' alt='celticceltictactics.th.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Hmm strange. Can you please try deleting your cache http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230210-Football-Manager-2011-Demo-FAQ?p=5997953&viewfull=1#post5997953? Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Hi guys...

My first impressions from FM2011 are not too good or too bad.

Let's see:

- PLAYERS RUNNING WITH BALL - even the slowest player on team, can drible and run like no one and go thru the field (defenders). The attaking players can get the area easily and score.

- SIDE THROWINGS - with the new custom set pieces motor and my definition, the player that gets the ball is one of that i set to stay at area. I don't care about, because he usually scores, and let me thinking that this is more dangerous that a freekick.

- GOALS - or i have done a super tactic, or it's too easy to score. FCP 5 x 3 OM with 8 clear cut changes for me and 4 for OM. BTW, in this game, there where 2 own-goals, and the players that did that, celebrated the goals Oo.

- MENUS - the FM2010 buttons and menus where more easy to analize, such as match stats, where teams have separeted stats instead of this new allied bars. In teams tactics, the acess to team instructions or players/field view, where smoother than this new one. It's all stick together in same place. Some buttons with the differents things would me helpful. For example: TACTICS - TEAM INSTRUCTION / PLAYER INSTRUCTION / LOAD / SAVE etc etc - SET PIECES - NEW / LOAD / SAVE etc etc

And for now, it's all :)

It didn't change the focus, it still says "None".

I'm guessing a Goal Kicks focus category was removed at some point?

There actually isn't a Goal Kicks focus category, but 'Kicking' that covers this. Can you please post this potential bug in http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/200-User-Interface with a save game uploaded before the item was answered so I can have a closer look at this?

In teams tactics, the acess to team instructions or players/field view, where smoother than this new one. It's all stick together in same place. Some buttons with the differents things would me helpful. For example: TACTICS - TEAM INSTRUCTION / PLAYER INSTRUCTION / LOAD / SAVE etc etc - SET PIECES - NEW / LOAD / SAVE etc etc

Feedback concerning the usability of the Tactics panel is something we're constantly monitoring. We're however pretty confident that they are generally more stable/reliable than they were this time last year.

What demo? There is no option to dl a demo on my steam account. I'm in the UK.

Edit - Never mind, I found it. Usually it would be where the game is being advertised but it wasn't there for what ever reason.

First impressions are that the 3D TV view is just stunning. Since I've only played one match against the reserves it is hardly definitive but it is smooth (not laggy).

Not done much else but the player interaction seems to be good too.

More later...

Can someone explain why the 3d runs smooth but the 2d lags???

Ok should i open a couple of treads, troll this tread or just not buy the game so someone will answer this, not why the skin is lighter or darker or why si hates germany?!?!?!?!

Ok should i open a couple of treads, troll this tread or just not buy the game so someone will answer this, not why the skin is lighter or darker or why si hates germany?!?!?!?!

It could be for any number of reasons so perhaps you could provide a little more information on the problem - for example, some details about your PC would be a reasonable place to start...

since you keep going on about it, i thought i'd check.

my 3D is smooth as anything, and so is my 2D, but my 2D classic is a little stuttery. very odd indeed....

It could be for any number of reasons so perhaps you could provide a little more information on the problem - for example, some details about your PC would be a reasonable place to start...

Well i have 4gig ram and 1.6 core 2 duo so the 2D should run just fine and not lag, especially if the 3D is running smooth.

Like dr p wigwan said only the 2D classic is lagy, and if you watch 3D and try to change to 2D clasic during a highlight the 2D dont display anything until the next highlight.

I have saved my game prior to the first friendly now so that my training and tactics are all in place, but after playing against my reservers and gone through a couple more days, it would appear that the game is crashing at the same point each time.

As I menetioned earlier, I'm playing on a MAC on 10.5.8. I have a saved game if it would help?

• SI Staff
I have saved my game prior to the first friendly now so that my training and tactics are all in place, but after playing against my reservers and gone through a couple more days, it would appear that the game is crashing at the same point each time.

As I menetioned earlier, I'm playing on a MAC on 10.5.8. I have a saved game if it would help?

A save would definitely help yes, if you could upload it to our ftp it would be great, thanks

Archived