Your life during the WC, how's things?

DJ

Today, sadly, I'll be missing all the matches. Guess I'm a real romantic: taking the missus to Salzburg for her birthday.

So far, to my own surprise, I hadn't missed any matches yet. I don't think I'll be missing any after today either. Not bad time-balancing for a working (took strategic days off though) boyfriend and father :D

How are yous doing for watching the matches? Did you miss matches out of lack of time, or out of desinterest?

Miss matches (well viewing them actually) because of work, streaming media blocked, then use the live updates via internet, but when at home I watch all the games, as does my wife, she likes the WC (or Euro's for that matter) more then domestic football.

So no complaints when turing on TV for football (besides my children, who don't like it at all).

Streaming was blocked/banned at work yesterday so will now miss the rest of the day-time games :(. Fair enough I suppose. Only missed 3 matches in total so far.

Off tomorrow so will catch the England game and have no problem watching the night games at the gym or in the house.

Haven't missed a game yet, although I can see myself missing the 3:00 k.o on Friday as I will be at Wimbledon

Well, that is sports as well :thup: (assuming you go to visit the tennis tournament).

Been streaming them in work, been a bit of a pain in the arse though. RTE ( Irish national broadcaster ) are streaming them all live on their website but our work computers all route through Madrid so it thinks i'm in Spain and won't let me stream it. Spain has nobody streaming so having to resort to dodgy sites that keep going down on me as I can't download any of the software for the good ones.

Have to miss all of tonights matches as well as tomorrow nights as i am studying for my final exam. sigh. If i pass i graduate! But if i fail (which looks quite possible at the moment)...well, lets not think of that. So not good at the moment.

Watched every single game up until France v Mexico last thurs when I had football and since then watched most but had mates round playing fifa and flicking. W

Missing this afternoon's games going to the beach with my gf and some mates and missing tonights as I am cooking dinner for our anniversary but I have watched loads so it doesn't bother me at all.

I have a 100% record, watched every single game :thup:

The early kick offs are finished, a little piece of me is sad although not as sad as watching the last England game.

For tomorrow I have taken drastic action, I will be going to watch it at a different bar, I will wear different jeans or maybe shorts and I have just got my haircut really short ... I have done my part, it's really up to the players now

I have a 100% record, watched every single game :thup:

The early kick offs are finished, a little piece of me is sad although not as sad as watching the last England game.

For tomorrow I have taken drastic action, I will be going to watch it at a different bar, I will wear different jeans or maybe shorts and I have just got my haircut really short ... I have done my part, it's really up to the players now

You better do all of that Razzler, if we go out and I find you had the same jeans on and we lose, it will be your fault :D

seen every game so far.

got back from holiday just in time for the opening ceremony. had all of last week off work. even when i went to the bank, the bank had a large tv screen showing the portugal-ivory coast game.

at work im lucky and just stream in the background.

I've only seen all 90 minutes of one game - Spain last night - and 80 mins of Brazil v NK. Not seen more than 45 mins of any other match and less of most. Very unlike me.

You better do all of that Razzler, if we go out and I find you had the same jeans on and we lose, it will be your fault :D

I can only do so much, the rest is really up to them.

To avoid any alternate jean conflict in the alignment of the planets I have decided to wear 3/4 length shorts :thup:

Because of the time difference I'm at work so miss most matches during the week. Kick-off times were 7:30am; 10am and 2:30pm here.

That being said I found a decent live broadcast that isn't blocked from work so I can watch games on and off from my desk and I have Friday afternoon off to go watch Spain vs Chile :thup:

think the only game I missed was germany v serbia because of work, scheduled all the others in though.

basically been watching most of the game at home and out for the england games. can't wait for another bar full of disappointed england fans tomorrow.

had a bit of an argument with my gf about the whole thing before it started but she's come round to it kinda well, fair play to her :D she supports germany and hates england though, not cool.

I've probably missed more games than ever this time round. I manage to stream the 12:30 games at work but I'm usually in a meeting from 3pm - 5pm so miss that game. I'm then usually pretty busy on an evening but have caught most of the 7:30 games, apart from last night when I was out playing football.

I'm gutted they've stopped the 12:30 games though, I caught all of those.

I've missed a few, but have caught most of the entertaining games.

The 1230 kick-offs, generally, I tended to miss unless they were stand-out fixtures. Sometimes we sit round the computer at school. Usually I'd be at school or at home revising, my A2 exams are this Thursday and Friday. I watch the 1500 games normally, sometimes missing the first half being on the way home. I've watched all of the 1930 games, but will probably miss it tomorrow as I've got more revision to do!

Have an understanding wife who knows for a month every four years we rarely speak and my sleeping pattern goes to **** (either all morning with midday + wakeup, great not having to work, or sleep through the afternoon). My daughter is going through an education phase over the whole thing. Realistically it's the last chance I'll have to be able to do this, as with a second child on the way I've finally got to go back to work for the rest of my life shortly and won't get the chance. 4:30am kick offs are a killer and test the stamina a bit, particularly when it's two crap teams on. Hoping we get the World Cup in 2022 so for a month I will get to show my daughters why I used to be a zombie many years beforehand. I won't do the late nights ever again.

I've watched most matches, as I took a few days off work to get the daytime ones in, but have missed a few daytime ones.

Also have grown a beard thanks to James Corden. It's the first time I've gone more than 4 or 5 days without a shave since my teens, and it's itchy.

The kick-off times are awful here (8:30, 11:00 and 15:30) so I am missing most of the early games. :(

Thankfully in 2014 the games will be played at better times.

Done really well with this years tournament. Only missed 2 games fully, and when I'm at work I'm taking breaks to watch 30mins or a half when I can stretch the break. ;)

Seen the missus far less, and it's been nice and quiet without her. Other times I'm squeezing in some F1:CE and caught Murrays match and some Cricket before watching Greece Argentina. :thup:

What are the likely times of games in Brazil? First game would usually be around 5pm kick off wouldn't it? Going to be really strange being up at 2-4am for a couple of weeks.

17:00 here would be 21:00 in London, but I don't know if FIFA will come up with games at 12:00 or something like they did in 1994.

If they use typical Brazilian kick-off times, games will be played at 16:00/18:30 on weekends and around 19:00/22:00 during the week.

17:00 here would be 21:00 in London, but I don't know if FIFA will come up with games at 12:00 or something like they did in 1994.

If they use typical Brazilian kick-off times, games will be played at 16:00/18:30 on weekends and around 19:00/22:00 during the week.

16:00; 18:00 and 21:00 would be awesome.

The kick-off times are awful here (8:30, 11:00 and 15:30) so I am missing most of the early games. :(

Thankfully in 2014 the games will be played at better times.

Out of interest PMLF, what do you work as? Do you work in football by any chance? You seem to be very clued on up on everything.

Out of interest PMLF, what do you work as? Do you work in football by any chance? You seem to be very clued on up on everything.

As a lawyer, but I love some other areas too (especially history). :thup:

And thanks! :cool:

Now that summer has finally (hopefully) kicked in for real, I'm starting to miss some games...

Usually it depends on how sunny it is, how interesting the games are, and (last but certainly not least) who's at the beach.

I hope my friend will get to work afternoon shifts throughout the next few weeks, so I don't have to choose between the games and her company ;)

Oh, I should also mention I'd have to study for two upcoming exams, but hell... beach and football beat 3000 pages of dull literature any day

Have watched

South Africa v Mexico

Argentina v South Korea

England v Algeria

Slovenia v Usa

Ghana v Australia

Denmark v Cameroon

Brazil v North Korea

Chile v Honduras

Chile v Switzerland

New Zealand v Italy.

And the rest i've caught the goals for half and not caught the goals for half.

Was on holiday for the first 7 days, been in work since so caught games here and there. Life not changed at all, wouldnt say im disinterested, just dont have the time unfortunately.

Watched every game - thanks to internet streams (for the last round of games) and Sky+ (for Monday night games as I play football then). Will be doing the same today ('Mon Algeria, 'Mon Slovenia).

Archived