1994 - Oleg SALENKO (Russia) & Hristo STOICHKOV (Bulgaria) 6 Goals

1990 - Salvatore SCHILLACI (Italy) 6 Goals

1986 - Gary LINEKER (England) 6 Goals

1982 - Paolo ROSSI (Italy) 6 Goals

1978 - Mario KEMPES (Argentina) 6 Goals

1974 - Grzegorz LATO (Poland) 7 Goals

1970 - Gerd MUELLER (Germany) 10 Goals

1966 - EUSEBIO (Portugal) 9 Goals

1962 - Florian ALBERT (Hungary), Valentin IVANOV (USSR), Drazen JERKOVIC (Yugoslavia), Leonel SANCHEZ (Chile), VAVA & GARRINCHA (Brazil) 4 Goals

1958 - Just FONTAINE (France) 13 Goals

1954 - Sandor KOCSIS (Hungary) 11 Goals

1950 - ADEMIR (Brazil) 9 Goals

1938 - LEONIDAS (Brazil) 7 Goals

1934 - Oldrich NEJEDLY (Czechoslovakia) 5 Goals

1930 - Guillermo STABILE (Argentina) 8 Goals

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends, some team may thump a 'lesser' nation and a player hit 2 or 3, gets them off to a good start if they go onto the latter stages. Brazil have a tricky group, even though top players will always score goals maybe Spain, looking at their group, or Italy may have some goal scoring forwards in the group stages?

MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe not seeing as Maradona appears to be quite the fool.

Guest roberto922

David Villa for me, or if by some miracle Maradona sorts the squad out for Messi, he will run away with it imo

Guest roberto922

Wasn't that bad, got 7 goals in 14, and the transfer came a year after the World Cup (ah the beauties of Wikipedia ;)) Could maybe be seen as a failure but wouldn't say he was a complete failure

Heskey's international goal record:

1. 3 June 2000 Ta' Qali, Malta Malta 2–1 Win Friendly

2. 28 February 2001 Birmingham, England Spain 3–0 Win Friendly

3. 1 September 2001 Munich, Germany Germany 5–1 Win 2002 FIFA World Cup qualification

4. 15 June 2002 Niigata, Japan Denmark 3–0 Win 2002 FIFA World Cup

5. 22 May 2003 Durban, South Africa South Africa 2–1 Win Friendly

6. 28 March 2009 London, England Slovakia 4–0 Win Friendly

7. 6 June 2009 Almaty, Kazakhstan Kazakhstan 4–0 Win 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification

He's got previous scoring in South Africa before, could be a dark horse :D

I think people are overratig Luís Fabiano here, sure he can finish as top goalscorer as he plays for Brazil, but I think he will score 3 or 4 goals only. The top goalscorer will probably be a better player, such as Villa or Messi (if he plays well for Argentina in the WC).

I expect Brazil's goals to be more or less spread among several players like Luís Fabiano, Robinho, Kaká, Maicon and Lúcio.

He won't be playing against Egypt and USA at this time though (well, will play against North Korea that is worse than those, but still most of the games will be against good opponents, unlike the Conf Cup). And his physical condition will probably not be that great as he had some injuries recently.

And by the way, as I said above, I am not ruling out his chances of being a top goalscorer, as since he plays for Brazil, any striker that plays enough games have a good chance of scoring a decent/good amount of goals, as Brazil is bound to win most games.

Ivory Coast are not a terrific defensive side, and you mentioned North Korea. If they win their group, as they should, they'll play 2nd in Spain's group - so Chile, Honduras, Switzerland. I see plenty of games for goalscoring - there's at least two easy ones there, and I include Ivory Coast, because of their crap defence, as another possibility.

And anyway, he can score against good opponents too, he doesn't need to play against fodder like North Korea.

Ivory Coast are not a terrific defensive side, and you mentioned North Korea. If they win their group, as they should, they'll play 2nd in Spain's group - so Chile, Honduras, Switzerland. I see plenty of games for goalscoring - there's at least two easy ones there, and I include Ivory Coast, because of their crap defence, as another possibility.

And anyway, he can score against good opponents too, he doesn't need to play against fodder like North Korea.

All the others like Kaká and Robinho are going to score a couple of goals too though, anyway, I don't trust him too much to be the top goalscorer.

Archived