• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just one point on your provisional medals table, shouldn't it be ranked firstly by gold medals rather than total medals?

It is ranked on the scoring system that I will be using at the natural end of the competition which is 1pt for a Bronze Medal, 2pts for a Silver Medal & 3pts for a Gold Medal. This is how I best feel it represents consistency rather than someone taking out the most Golds, but no other medals ;)

Awesome update. I'd so much rather be in a country where the season started later and ended just before the final update for that year is done. I hate it when I get headstarts in things and just fail to the bottom. I'd so much rather play catchup. :p

It is ranked on the scoring system that I will be using at the natural end of the competition which is 1pt for a Bronze Medal, 2pts for a Silver Medal & 3pts for a Gold Medal. This is how I best feel it represents consistency rather than someone taking out the most Golds, but no other medals ;)

Fair enough, just that whenever I see the Olympics/Commonwealth games tables they always seem to go by gold first.

I actually agree your method is fairer :thup:.

Sorry I havent been posting on here i have had family round since thursday but have come on as much as i can, they are leaving friday so i will be able to contribute more then.

Really good reports my player is looking decent for the Kenyan league but his composure is worrying hopefully he is on an intense training schedule for attacking.

Well I have started writing the January 1st Update, but it is taking too long and given it is 9pm and I have work in the morning its probably going to be delayed, I wanted to give you all a Easter Special double episode, but the work into an update takes a little longer than I planned, so we will most likely not get the update til this time tomorrow. :) I will get it up as soon as I can :)

Commonwealth Games I

Update 2 - Day 184 of 365

Turning for Home

The Events

Shooting (Number of Goals)

Day two of the shooting opened up the competition a lot more as some new names came into the action, day one leader Miguel Vargas has slid back into the silver medal slot as Super Shane really got into his stride, he was firing perfectly at the targets, Vargas didn't slow, but as he slid it brought others into the event. Guyanian Marky Mark got his shooting sights in and cracked on from the last day, he recovered from his injury and started to fire. His move into third meant that Daniel Griffin had slipped a bit, and this is the case, he also slipped behind Ricky Nakano as the Canadian has moved up to be close to the medals at the halfway point.

Boxing(Fouls)

The second round of bouts saw one of the early favourites come through in the Boxing, but he further defined his chances in the third round, the Great Namibian, Cristobal Blanco knocked out his second round opponent in the final of 5 rounds, but then he surprised the whole field and lost me a truckload of money as he knocked out Miguel Vargas in the first round of his bout. He looks like the favourite, but he still has the Top 8 bouts to go. The most likely chances to take him out as we look across the draw would have to be Les Otho of Lesotho who has cemented his spot in the challenge, and Happy GoLucky of Sri Lanka, these two look to have the goods, but they will be wary of Super Shane & Robinder Singh who have represented themselves very well to this point.

Judo (Tackles won per 90mins)

The bouts continue in the Judo on our second day of competition, going into the event the underdog tag was clearly stuck on Oofindu of the Maldives, but he has surprised his more fancied opponents and is now the clear favourite at the halfway point of the competition, his techniques seems superior to all others. It turns out the upsets could keep it up and we have seen Halo von Stronburg of Jamaica move up to being the second name on everyone's lips, he has been joined there by Mike Hill of Samoa, they may not have ever been thought of as Judo Medalists, but these three are our leaders as we turn and head for home. We have two big Africans who are ready to chase them all the way home in Cristobal Blanco and Whoopy Dee'e of Cameroon. They need to make a move now though, or they will need to knock off a big boy to get there.

Decathlon (Avg Rating)

The three events we saw today were the Shot Put, the High Jump and the 400m race, Daniel Griffin's efforts continued and he showed that consistency will rule in the end as he continued to finish second in each of the three events on this day, but inconsistency from others means he has moved into the lead over all. Selenga Bajhiol continues to show he can Jump as he followed up his Long Jump win with a great leap in the High Jump, though he could only stay in third overall in the event, we saw three new comers into the competition shine as Marky Mark put in a great throw in the Shot Put, while Super Shane finished first in the 400m race, and Steveldinho came third in all three events today to be close in contention. Marky Mark though sits in the silver medal spot right now and will be hoping to hold this spot for Guyana.

Marathon (Most Distance Covered)

The long distance runners continue to power on as they make it to 21 kilometres, we have seen a disappointing tiem for two of our previous leaders as Miguel Vargas was exhausted after about 12 kilometres and has dropped back out of contention, Robert Boyle took the lead for about a single kilometre before he collapsed, Paul Hart had a good laugh as he ran past at the tail end of the field. So following those horrific events we have seen Super Shane using his long African legs to power himself out into the lead, the runner from Vanuatu, Ryan Andrews, is slowly confirming his long distance status, but he is now surrounded by Africans who are renowned for long distance running and we see Desmond Tiny of Tanzania chasing him down. These three have blown out a bit of a lead, but we have Ricky Nakano & Cristobal Blanco behind them attempting to be there in case someone trips up.

Archery (Shots on Target %)

At the halfway point Kelly Dawson's perfect record was destroyed and he has plummeted right off the top half of the list, but we have a new contender up front, Salim Achmed of Pakistan has a huge lead in the accuracy stakes, but the other contenders are the ones to be watched here as Steveldinho, Miguel Vargus and Selenga Bajhiot continue to be consistent and are sitting inside the top four and look like the true medal chances. Super Shane is just behind this lead group and will be hoping to pounce in the race to the medals. The three predicted threats are just not showing yet, but the warning is out there, Tiny, Butty & Burrows will come into it sooner or later.

400m (Avg Distance covered)

It seems that Kenco's use of stimulants meant he had some 'wardrobe malfunctions' and has pulled out of the event, he does have a pass to the final, but it is unknown if he will be stepping up. In the meantime Brucie Bonus showed an absolute flyer in the Quarterfinals as he blitzed the entire field to set the quickest time so far. The other challengers from last time, Alex & Boyle have dropped off the pace in the Quarterfinals, but they have both made it through, along with the new second best time Daniel Kapepwe, and the surprise from St Kitts & Nevis as Chris Waddle does not live up to his nickname and he is more like a

White-throated Needletail

than a Duck as his name would suggest. The other contenders have been left in the dust as these five pull away. Desmond Tiny was seen out the back pushing a button and muttering something about the world ending if he got the sequence wrong...

Diving (Worst Discipline)

Well after his admitted use of stimulants I was not surprised to see Kenco move to the top of the Diving medal race as he pulled out the first triple flip pike. The star of Ghana is trying to show himself up near the top of at least one medal. Tom Smith has continued his practise, he attempted the same dive as Kenco, but he made too big of a splash so he only has the second best score as we head past halfway. Ricky Nakano is now trying to show up the competition, but he failed to compare to Kenco & Tom in the event, behind these top three the competition is now fierce as a huge number of competitors start to turn up to prepare.

Synchronised Swimming (Sub Appearances)

With a little more competition coming into the pool it looked like Halo von Stronburg and Kenco may be taken by surprise, but even after two days of the competition these two are comfortably ahead of the entire field and they are looking to perfect their regimes. As most would say practise makes perfect, so these two are continuing to practise and they will hope to not be surprised late in the event. Stewart Roberts, Selenga Bajhoit and Happy Go Lucky have all appeared for their nations to try and compete, but they lag behind the other two in class.

Triathlon (Apps+Goals+Assts)

Well we are halfway through the Cycle leg of the Triathlon at this point, after a great run out of the swim, Miguel Vargas was caught and easily passed by Super Shane as the man from Sierra Leone is attempting to get his nations first ever gold medal, while Vargas has slid back we have Ricky Nakano now close behind and closing throughout the Cycling leg. With only the Run to go after the second half of the bike leg, Daniel Griffin and Marky Mark will be looking to a good run through the second half to get themselves back into contention. There is no sign of the Australians, New Zealanders or English who are normally seen at the top of the Triathlon podium, well they will need to do a lot to get back into it from here.

Basketball(Dribbles per 90mins)

The Seychelles have shown that their early form in the group stages was not a fluke as they continue to dominate the field, they are now the only team unbeaten as we enter the final round of the round robin stages. It is a very long way back to the rest of the teams, Zidy Bolkiah has captained his Brunei side into a great position as they have made a couple of upsets to be sitting in second on the table at this point. There is a very tough battle going on for the Bronze Medal spot into the playoffs as we have St Kitts & Nevis being trailed by South Africa on Points Difference only. A little further back is Freddy Rand and his mighty Tongans they have managed a few upsets, but they look to be one of those who is going to receive a "close, but no cigar" tag at the end of the competition.

Volleyball (Assists)

Well New Zealand's good start has fallen off a little as they have dropped behind the Seychelles who seem to be doing great in all the team events at these games. Leading the other group is Selenga Bajhiot and his Trinidad & Tobago team, they have put in some great team games and as such deserve the spot. But after the individual group leaders it is a hell of a lot tighter behind them. We have Guyana, New Zealand, South Africa, St Kitts & Nevis, Samoa and India all in the battle for the rest of the playoff spots, and behind them it is even closer. Anyone of about 25 teams could make it through, though it will take a lot more to defeat the Seychelles team in the final.

Wrestling (Man of Match)

Daniel Griffin has continued to dominate every challenger in the wrestling, the Seychelles have really put themselves into the medal hunt through this quarter of the events. He is the only unbeaten wrestler left in the games, behind him it is a tough battle as some wrestlers try to show themselves up to get a chance at the field leader. Miguel Vargas and Ryan Andrews definitely fall into the medal places by a bit of luck, but right behind them we have Super Shane and Marky Mark who have both won a couple of bouts, but they have managed to lose a couple each as well.

Medley Relay(Pass Completion Ratio)

Well the great lead leg by von Stronburg was gutted completely as his team let it slip in the breaststroke leg, he will be disappointed to see his Jamaican team drop outside the top five and will be hoping that the rest can pull it back. Mike Hill had his team mate start the race for Samoa, and this seems to have paid off as his good second place start has extended into the second leg, with Mike Hill down to do the Butterfly the Samoans could be the team to beat. Whoopy Dee'e jumped into the pool to complete this leg for his team and he was delighted to move right up alongside Hill's Samoa before dropping back slightly on his second length. India and Lesotho were in the race after the first leg and with their stars still to enter the pool they have to be seen as likely to be there til the end. While Tiny's Tanzania have pulled themselves up to Lesotho's right shoulder as they attempt to pull it home with only the Butterfly and Freestyle legs to come.

If the Season ended today the top of the Medal Table would look like this:

medaltease.png

Well Super Shane & Sierra Leone have jumped into contention, but Daniel Griffin just pounced on the fall of Vargas. Ghana & Jamaica are still sitting close, but there are now a lot more nations in contention.

Some Bonus Info for you

Injury Updates

This section of the update is going to have to wait, but I will make sure if I cannot get it together to add the major injuries in this period into the next update.

Transfer Updates

This quarter we had two of our players take up transfers, disappointingly with all the leagues I have running they went to unplayable ones. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come and I can still keep track of their details.

Because of this I have increased save dates to weekly rather than monthly so I miss less transfers

• A shock move came in on the news from Mumbai as Liam Ferguson became the first of our players to transfer clubs, he made the move to Al-Muharraq SC in the Bahraini Premier League, they have previously won the title on 31 occasions and are one of the top clubs in that league. He only played 4 games for Mumbai before the move.
  • The second transfer we saw was from a Simba in Tanzania, Marky Mark packed his bags just 4 months into the season after just 18 games and headed to Romania, where he will play for FC Braşov in the top division there, he may end up getting European Champions League Football.

International Updates

I am going to give you a bit of an update on international appearances in every update as well, though they will not count towards the Medal Rounds.

• The Oceania Nations Cup in New Caledonia came around in December, and this led to a lot of caps for those of our competitors of the island nations. Leading the way was Mike Hill who racked up 5 appearances for Samoa in just 39 days. He grabbed his debut against Vanuatu in a Friendly and then also added his first International Goal against Papua New Guinea, a big month, but they failed to progress to the next round. (5 Apps, 1G, 2A, 1MoM)
    • 18.11 at VAN (FRN) 0:1
    • 13.12 nv VAN (ONC) 0:2
    • 20.12 nv PNG (ONC) 1:1 (1G 8.2 MoM)
    • 23.12 nv CKI (ONC) 3:0 (2A 7.5)
    • 27.12 nv NZL (ONC) 0:4

[*]Freddy Rand was also involved in the events in New Caledonia, our former British Colonies were attempting to show up the French Colonies as they represented the Commonwealth, he managed to get his debut for Tonga against Tahiti on Dec 12th and he proceeded to participate in 4 losses in 20 days. (4 Apps, 1A)

• 06.12 nv TAH (ONC) 0:1
    • 17.12 nv AMS (ONC) 0:1
    • 20.12 nv NCL (ONC) 0:1
    • 26.12 nv SOL (ONC) 1:2 (1A)

[*]A third Islander managed to pick up his International debut during this Quarter as we saw Ryan Andrews step out for Vanuatu as they completely dominated their group. He didn't get to face off against Mike Hill as his team rested him, but he debuted against Papua New Guinea and then was the Man of the Match against both Cook Islands and New Zealand as Vanuatu qualified top through to the Finals. (3 Apps, 1A, 2MoM)

• 17.12 nv PNG (ONC) 3:0
    • 19.12 nv CKI (ONC) 2:0 (MoM 7.8)
    • 22.12 nv NZL (ONC) 2:1 (MoM 1A 8.4)

[*]Eight other players made international appearances in this quarter, Zambia was playing in the World Cup qualifying section in Africa and called on Daniel Kapepwe as he added an assist and a yellow card in his 3 appearances as he went through to five appearances in his career. (5 Apps 1A)

• 10.10 vs EGY (WCQ) 0:2 (on 68)
    • 14.11 at RWA (WCQ) 1:0 (YC)
    • 18.11 at MOR (FRN) 1:0 (1A 8.1)

[*]Marky Mark managed to pick up his second cap, and he captained the side once more, he was involved in the game with an assist as well, his Guyana team went on to beat Chile 2:1. (2 Apps 1A)

• 18.11 vs CHI (FRN) 2:1 © (1A)

[*]Another player manafed to score an international goal in this period of play, Halo von Stronburg was playing briliantly for Jamaica as he scored his first goal, his team went on to three wins in three games this quarter. (4 Apps 1G 1A 1MoM)

• 10.10 at LCA (FRN) 4:1 (1G 1A 9.1 MoM)
    • 14.11 vs BLV (FRN) 2:1
    • 15.11 at SIM (FRN) 3:0 (on 80)

[*]St Kitts & Nevis decided it was time to call up Chris Waddle and he featured in a game against Chile as his side went down on his debut. (1 App)

• 14.11 at CHI (FRN) 0:2

[*]Another player to debut this month was Alex for Malaysia, his team had a poor performance in the Asian Cup Qualifying as they went down to the UAE, Alex managed to pick up a yellow card in the game. (1 App)

• 14.11 at UAE (ACQ) 0:2 (YC)

[*]Maltese International Owen Refalo managed to double his total caps as he moved to four with games against Angola and Portugal. A rather disappointing return, but nothing much is expected from the small island nation. (4 Apps)

• 10.10 at ANG (FRN) 1:1
    • 14.10 at POR (WCQ) 0:4 (on 22)

[*]Arkano Serpico in the meantime has played less than 90 minutes of international football, but he is a regular off the bench for Barbados featuring in every game they play. (3 Apps)

• 14.11 at PAR (FRN) 0:3 (on 77)
    • 18.11 vs TRI (FRN) 1:3 (on 85)

[*]Super Shane picked up his first cap against Chad as he played for Sierra Leone. I have no details of this game, for some reason it won't show me it?

Some of the Milestones for our Players

First Int Cap: 12.08.09 Kapepwe [ZAM], Bajhiol [TRI], Bolkiah [bRU], Mark [GUY], von Stronburg [JAM], Refalo [MLT], Blanco [NAM].

First Int Goal: 10.10.09 von Stronburg [JAM] at St. Lucia.

First Int Cpt: 12.08.09 Mark [GUY] vs Peru.

10th Int Cap: Not Yet

10th Int Goal: Not Yet

25th Int Cap: Not Yet

25th Int Goal: Not Yet

My Notes to you

I had problems getting the injury updates, and Marky Mark & Liam Fergusson have slightly smudged stats on Distance events this time as they had transfers at a time that was hard to track, I am planning on fixing it, just takes a bit more math on my part, but it is something I can do. As for the change to weekly saves, this means I can be a lot more accurate across the board. Some competitors are still struggling to break into the first teams even at the original clubs. A lot more excitement to come as I prepare the next update as well. I am attempting to be holidayed about a year ahead of where I am up to in updates as this means the only hold up is my typing time. Hope you all are enjoying the updates.

Damn it appears I missed this sign up :(. Oh well, I'll follow, good luck LLR and if you need a back up look no further!

I am gutted you didn't make it in, I really should've sent you a PM, I will remember in future :) If this one goes down well I will definitely run another :)

Fantastic updates, and good to see Guyanian Marky Mark getting in amongst the action, with several mentions of being in medal contention. Also, becoming new captain of Guyana was a plesant surprise, and the 2-1 win over Chile a fantastic result!

I'm not sure about the move to Romania though (especially as it is an unplayable league), sure, it's a higher profile league, which will give me good exposure, but the higher standard (I'm assuming it has to be a higher standard than the Tanzanian league!) may mean I get less games / goals. Only time will tell I guess. Bring on the end of the year.

Ohh my good, too many color :eek: Jokes aside, Bajhiol is looking up to in 4th/5th places in some competitions but dropped of the medal table :( Hopefully Trinidad&Tobago will pick up form, especially in Volleyball & Basketball.

Archived