• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How'd you guess Pluck...I am getting close, just really got into my small to big club challenge game :o and also been busy at work and the update takes a bit of time, I am definitely going to continue this one, but it may be a long term project, I will try to get something up before the end of this week, though I have yet another wedding this weekend lol and will be away Fri-Sun. But look to at least some more news before then :)

Commonwealth Games II

Opening Injury Update

October 1 2010

Injury Updates

Well we had a few injuries in the July-October sectorm they are a lot more likely to affect those in Asian or African Leagues, but the European contenders will be hoping to avoid injuries in the early times of their leagues.

Currently out of Action

• Daniel Griffin fractured his cheekbone on 04.09.10 and is still out of action, but he should be back on the field for Deportivo tomorrow (Also he has moved to the B Squad).
  • Mumbai Lala has a groin strain which happened in 18.09.10 and has him out of action for another 1-2 weeks, he will be hoping to get back into action as soon as possible.
  • A bruised thigh on 25.09.10 for Halo von Stronburg has seen him out of action, he should be back before the end of the week, but he will be hoping for sooner rather than later. He was also out in August for 9 days with a bruised head.
  • The Sri Lankan effort for the season may be over already as Happy GoLucky broke his leg on 18.07.10 and will not be back for another 3-4 months yet. He will be lucky to be in action before our next update and is likely to not return until February.
  • Steveldinho has a gashed lower leg, he will be out for another 7-11 days after the injury happened on 25.09.10.
  • While the Kiwi contingent are in a little bit of trouble after Lucas Schaw strained his calf on September 28th, and he will be out of the game for 3-4 weeks.

And the Past Injuries

• Salim Achmed was injured on 29.07.10 with a twisted ankle putting him out for 5 weeks, he has only just managed to return to action.
  • Selenga Bajhiol managed to miss 9 days in August as he suffered a concussion on 18.08.10
  • Zidy Bolkiah missed 4 weeks of action after a broken arm on 21.08.10, he came back into his side just prior to the update and will be looking to go forward with his game now.
  • The Northern Irish were seriously worried when Kelly Dawson went down, but it was only a concussion and he only missed a small 10 day period.
  • Robinder Singh managed to miss 2 weeks in September as he received a nasty gash to his thigh on 08.09.10.

The injuries have definitely dropped off, we have a few serious ones here, but got to be looking forward to a great season when the injuries are less than they have been in the past.

Full medal update is barely hours away...I hope, if not it should be here on Sunday.

Commonwealth Games II

Update 1 - Day 92 of 365

Starting off Fresh

Welcome to the next Commonwealth Games, we are all here in Georgetown, Guyana as Marky Mark has run the Queen's Baton into the arena and the events are about to get under way, the hometown hero will be hoping to fire up in this event and extend his overall lead in the All time medal table.

The Events

Shooting (Number of Goals)

Last games this event was led from early on by Mark, but this season he just hasn't been able to get his shots on target and we have some new challengers looking likely. Leading the way we have Liam Ferguson of Antigua & Barbuda, he has managed to be perfect in his shooting, but there are four competitors chasing him hard for the medals, Super Shane is in the competition once more as he aims to dominate the field, behind those two and currently in the Bronze Medal position we have the Kenyan King Tikki-man, we learnt that just because you are ahead early, does not mean you can win later. Waiting in the wings in the shooting competition we have Mumbai Lala & Zidy Bolkiah.

Volleyball (Assists)

Last time out we saw Mark lead the way and take another gold, so far in the new games at the 1/4 way through mark he only sits in 3rd as he attempts to defend at least one of his gold medals. Up ahead and leading the way in the Volleyball we have some top efforts from India and Robinder Singh as well as Freddy Rand and Tonga, these two are hoping to set the early pace and be able to hold it all the way to the finish this games. Holding out just behind the top three we have Bahamas and Zambia, as Boyle & Kapepwe attempt to get into the hunt as well.

Triathlon (Apps+Goals+Assts)

Tonga's Freddy Rand was the first man out of the water following the swim, he had Miguel Vargas of Dominica close on his tail, but they will be hoping to work together on the cycle leg to pull away. This was Mark's third gold medal for Guyana last games in India, but this event he can not even come close. Behind the lead two there is a very tight battle for the Bronze Medal as Liam Ferguson of Antigua is showing up his skills and the Kenyan King Tikki-man is making a huge improvement on his effort of last season, he will be looking for a first medal for Kenya. And the 5th contender in this event is none other than the consistent Super Shane of Seirra Leone, he has to be pretty happy to be in contention.

Decathlon (Avg Rating)

The Decathlon events are based over ten different events and this shows a true great competitor, someone who can be in contention across this many events is really great across the board. Last games it was won by Daniel Griffin of the Seychelles, he is yet to put his name in the hat through the first couple of events so far this time out, but he is never one to be written off. Leading the way early we have Freddy Rand of Tonga, he is looking strong in a wide range of events this season. In close behind only just struggling home we have Robinder Singh of India, his last games ended with an average turn out for the home team, but he looks to improve on that. The battle for the bronze is extremely tight as we have Super Shane, Ryan Andrews and Marky Mark all in contention once more, they are all looking to knock the bigger players off the top pegs.

Marathon (Most Distance Covered)

The long distance event is always a classic, the early leaders seem to drop off as they hit the wall, but will that be the same story this season or can the early leader Phil Campos of Mozambique and continue onwards from here to win his nation's first gold medal? Behind Campos we have the same pair who were in the action early at the last games as well, from the Bahamas we have Robert Boyle and alongside him is Brucie Bonus in a very tight battle for the silver, chasing these two down, but a little way back are Ryan Andrews and Robinder Singh. Andrews will be looking to repeat his medal in this event back in India. A long way yet to go in this event, we will see more as we get closer to the finish.

400m (Avg Distance covered)

The shorter running event saw the heats played out today, we saw Steveldinho of Wales and Daniel Kapepwe of Zambia clock in nearly identical times at the top of the sheet, but they are both looking forward to moving forward into the Quarterfinals, definitely joining them will be other heat winners Brucie Bonus and Halo von Stronburg, and the 5th man looking good for a spot in the top echelon of this event in the Guyana Games is Robert Boyle, he is again trying to show he is better at Athletics than BATracer.

Archery (Shots on Target %)

Once more the event that is all about accuracy has started off with some one shooting a perfect first round, all the commentators and experts were flabergasted to see Oofindu Brettney leading the way for Maldives, this is unprecedented, and if he can keep it up will show some great skill. His perfect start has left his competitors floundering behind him, in the silver medal spot currently we have Freddy Rand of Tonga, a good start again in multiple events has given him a great outlook, Chris Waddle of St Kitts is right behind though and all three of the medal contenders are being hunted down by Ricky Nakano of Canada and Robert Boyle of Bahamas. This is going to be a toughly contested event will be great to see who can come out the other side on top.

Diving (Worst Discipline)

The diving event was very slow to get going in the New Delhi games, but this time in Georgetown we have seen a huge number of competitors get out there early to lead with points on the board, the surprising early leader in the Diving event is also Oofindu, he has been stellar so far and has opened a comfortable lead with one of the best dives I have ever seen. Behind him there is a very strong chase pack including Chris Waddle who has a slight margin over third placed Mike Hill, and he has only a tiny advantage over Cristobal Blanco and Ben Chia. A good contest is starting to build in this event as well.

Basketball(Dribbles per 90mins)

Looking like the early favourite for the Basketball is Brunei, captained by Zidy Bolkiah, last games in India they managed to run away with the Silver medal, but in Guyana they are looking for one better it seems. Other teams are in close contention though as Chris Waddle's St Kitts & Nevis and Bahamas who are captained by Robert Boyle sit comfortably in the other podium slots at this point in time. The other teams who look to move into contention are Wales and the Seychelles who are hoping they can get their nations on the board.

Judo (Tackles won per 90mins)

The Bronze Medalist from New Delhi is the leader in the current event, an early series of victories by Halo von Stronburg has given him a commanding position atop the rankings as we finish the first day of competition, he will be hoping to extend this lead tomorrow when he faces the current 2nd ranked fighter in Lucas Schaw of New Zealand. Behind these two it is a lot closer in the battle to come third, we have Happy GoLucky of Sri Lanka who always seems close in the fighting sports, Ryan Andrews of Vanatu and Robinder Singh of India trailing behind and looking to make some moves if the others slip up.

Boxing(Fouls)

Well in this event last games two leaders appear to be well out of the hunt already, but the former Bronze Medalist has jumped out to an early lead in the bouts, Robinder Singh is leading the way, while the big boys of Phil Campos of Mozambique and Freddy Rand of Tonga, these three have combined for 6 knockouts on day one as well as 2 other victories between them, the rest of the field don't even seem able to keep in touch, but there are two others who look able to knock out the leaders and possibly advance, they are King Tikki-Man of Kenya and Les Otho as well.

Wrestling (Man of Match)

The Wrestling event has thrown some cats amongst the pigeons early on, but it is clear that it is going to be a very tight fought battle as we have no clear leader in the early running. Zidy Bolkiah is out infront on virtue of the style of his victories, and behind him we have a two way tie with Lucas Schaw and Super Shane unable to be seperated after 1/4 of the competition, these three have a slight edge over Ricky Nakano and the ever present Robinder Singh, we look to be able to see some great matches as this event draws onwards in the coming days.

Synchronised Swimming (Sub Appearances)

The Swimming events are in general led by those out of the Pacific Islands or the Caribbean, but we have the shock of seeing an African up top this time around as Daniel Kapepwe of Zambia, his performance in the water with his team was spectacular, though Halo von Stronburg and the Jamaican's have shown their skill as well, these two lead a very tight battle as the points for Tom Smith and Grenada are very similar to those of Miguel Vargas and his Dominicans. We are going to see a stunning fight in this event, I cannot wait to see who steals the gold Medal.

Medley Relay(Pass Completion Ratio)

The final event for us to cover is the Medley Relay, we have a great group of nations in the lead at teh first touch this time around, it as always is extremely tight, but leading the way is Mike Hill and his Samoan team, right behind and trying to kick through is Ryan Andrews and the rest of the squad from Vanuatu, behind them in third, but only just ahead of 4th and 5th is Cristobal Blanco of Namibia, and the two challengers for the final medal position are a little bit of a surprise as we see Lesotho's Les Otho and India's Robinder Singh sitting neck and neck for the 4th place. This race is going to be a classic, lets keep watching and see who can bring it home.

If the Season ended today the top of the Medal Table would look like this:

medaloct.png

So the current leader is Freddy Rand of Tonga, but just behind him we have a very tough hunt for the rest of the spots as India, Jamaica, The Maldives and Brunei battle it out, all of these guys are in leagues that are in the middle of their season already, watch out for those in Europe to put the foot down over the next three months.

Sorry for the delay on this first update of the new season, but I hope you all enjoy and I will try to stay more regular heading forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah guys just having a little break, the World Cup, work, birth of my daughter (End of July) and completing the Big Euro challenge sort of take priority, but this will continue...

By the way... ALL WHITES BLOODY RULE!!! 2am and I see no sleep coming tonight in New Zealand...

Yeah guys just having a little break, the World Cup, work, birth of my daughter (End of July) and completing the Big Euro challenge sort of take priority, but this will continue...

By the way... ALL WHITES BLOODY RULE!!! 2am and I see no sleep coming tonight in New Zealand...

Cracking results for the All Whites, you must be well chuffed - congrats on the impending birth as well.

Slovakia manager said it was a minor sporting tradegy :D

Of course he did, they don't want to treat Oceania as Equals and hence New Zealand's ranking sits at 75 or outside, when realistically we should be top 50, but none of the bigger teams will ever play us, especially not travel to play us. ;)

• 1 month later...

Well guys, I went back to this after a couple of months to try and get it back underway and my save is corrupted, I am sooo sorry, but if the interest is there I am going to go for a second attempt, I will start a new thread, for this, if you post interest to me via PM then I will save you a spot in the new version.

I will not be looking at as many players as I had in this one, but I will be seeing how many players come forward through PM, just send me a PM with your Players Name and Nationality from here and I will reserve that one for you. I am going to be making some changes to the stats I am using so they are slightly easier to follow through the seasons, and I will be looking to use mainly leagues that run July-May seasons or so as it got sooo much harder to keep track when players were at clubs playing on strange seasons. Again the club choices will be random.

So post me a PM and I will start to put together a list of interest.

Sorry bout this one.

Jono

Archived