Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

I can understand your frustrations and i think i have cracked the defence issues that poeple have been having.

I will admit though that i have made this breakthrough on my tottenham save and my players are good so it could just be them.

I have let a few people test the tactic and if it goes well i will be uploading today or tomorrow.

I have also been using the corner cheat in one of my saves and can understand why people will use it because it is really devestating although i have noticed that you will miss alot of chances with this as the keeper will save some shots if he has good reflexes.

I am thinking of including this in my future tactics but i'm not sure yet i might release the tactic as links to with the corner cheat and without it so people can decide themselves if they wanna use it or not.

Great tactics Mr Hough and I think it's great you take the time to share your tactics on these forums, but with the greatest of respect, I think adding the corner cheat would spoil your excellent tactics and all the hard work you have put into creating them. To be blunt, they would lose credibility.

Just my opinion and no offense intended. Great job so far and I'm looking forward to see how you have tightened that defense up as I don't mind admitting that I really struggled with trying to improve it. :thup:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand your frustrations and i think i have cracked the defence issues that poeple have been having.

I will admit though that i have made this breakthrough on my tottenham save and my players are good so it could just be them.

I have let a few people test the tactic and if it goes well i will be uploading today or tomorrow.

I have also been using the corner cheat in one of my saves and can understand why people will use it because it is really devestating although i have noticed that you will miss alot of chances with this as the keeper will save some shots if he has good reflexes.

I am thinking of including this in my future tactics but i'm not sure yet i might release the tactic as links to with the corner cheat and without it so people can decide themselves if they wanna use it or not.

Mr Hough,

Don't see why you'd need to include the corner cheat, it's not as if people can't set it up themselves. I've got a version of your wizard tactic saved on my game with and without the corner cheat. Basically if I'm cracking the s**ts with the game because of super-keepers or whatnot, out comes to corner cheat to lower my blood pressure. Doesn't always work and most of my goals are still coming through normal play but it does relieve you when you just cannot score any other way.

Alternatively, if you want to include the corner cheat in your tactics who is to stop you? Just as a player (like me) can add the corner cheat themselves, another player can easily change the corner settings.

Looking forward to your next release, mate.

But, please do NOT include the corner cheat, which would destroy this great tactics.

I just wanted to add my feedback on this great tactic.

Season 1 with Liverpool. No major signings that impacted the first XI so pretty much playing with what I started with. I used the tactic up until early Feb when I switched to something else but I had some big wins using Mr Hough's tactic and ended the season:

P38 W32 D6 L0 F104 A21 Pts102

Torres finished as league top scorer with 28 and also top of assists with 18. However I didn't feel I ever got the best out of him whether I played him as the poacher or as the left of the trio. Gerrard or Maxi played the central role, with Maxi, N'Gog and Lukaku (Jan purchase) rotating in the poacher's role once I settled Torres on the left of the three.

Maxi was a revelation wherever I played him in the front 3 scoring something like 25 in 35 in all comps. Gerrard scored into the 20's too from the central role or midfield. N'Gog and Lukaku developed well in the poacher's role. N'Gog scored a League Cup and a Champions League hat-trick and won young player of the year.

At the back Reina set a new league record for minutes without conceding, so defensively it was very solid too.

So all in all a fantastic tactic!

I just wanted to add my feedback on this great tactic.

Season 1 with Liverpool. No major signings that impacted the first XI so pretty much playing with what I started with. I used the tactic up until early Feb when I switched to something else but I had some big wins using Mr Hough's tactic and ended the season:

P38 W32 D6 L0 F104 A21 Pts102

Torres finished as league top scorer with 28 and also top of assists with 18. However I didn't feel I ever got the best out of him whether I played him as the poacher or as the left of the trio. Gerrard or Maxi played the central role, with Maxi, N'Gog and Lukaku (Jan purchase) rotating in the poacher's role once I settled Torres on the left of the three.

Maxi was a revelation wherever I played him in the front 3 scoring something like 25 in 35 in all comps. Gerrard scored into the 20's too from the central role or midfield. N'Gog and Lukaku developed well in the poacher's role. N'Gog scored a League Cup and a Champions League hat-trick and won young player of the year.

At the back Reina set a new league record for minutes without conceding, so defensively it was very solid too.

So all in all a fantastic tactic!

Nice results. Do you use bubba tay team talks?

Just won the league and cup double with the classic tactic with sc Herenveen in Holland. Only players i signed were Hedwiges Maduro (1.6M) and Cantellejon (Loan). Its a great tactic but i like the idea of using wingers. Does anybody know of a tactic that employs wingers and is generally quite successful.

Nice results. Do you use bubba tay team talks?

Nope.

I basically stick to 'For the fans' for home games and away games against rivals.

'You can win' for away games.

Depending on the half time score and how we've played I either praise or bollock them. ;)

th_Capture_001-1.jpg

As you can see my 1st season the premier league has started off superbly!! I am the only remaining team unbeaten and i sit in 2nd place. Beat Bolton 5-1, Liverpool 3-2, Hull 2-1, Arsenal 3-0 and have won my last 2 games 3-1 against Man City and Everton both away from home.

th_Capture_002.jpg

I improved my squad using the filter i created, sold most players who only had 10 for all the attributes needed and got in players with 12 for all. Signed Diaby & Vela from Arsenal who were both transfer listed, payed £3.1m for Diaby and £3.2m for Vela. Also got Darron Gibson who was released from Man Utd and signed Thierry Henry was was available on a free and is a good backup striker.

All in all i am very happy with this tactic and hope my season continues to go well. I am using the BETA tactic.

where did u get those round badges

GREAT TACTIC!!!

Been amazing the results i have had but im now in my 4th season using the tactic and i think AI had clocked how it works!

any tips how to shake things up? keep AI guessing? or just wait till you release a update?

cheers

I'm really struggling to get anybody playing well in the central deep lying forward role.

I have tried benayoun, maxi rodriguez, toni kroos, and pacheco and they have all been useless yet they have all got the stats you suggest for this position.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm really struggling to get anybody playing well in the central deep lying forward role.

I have tried benayoun, maxi rodriguez, toni kroos, and pacheco and they have all been useless yet they have all got the stats you suggest for this position.

the only one i have had success with so far has been berbatov. rooney is ok there but does not score as much as he does when playing as the left striker in this tactic. i am currently trying Juan Mata there from Valencia but early days so will see how he goes.

they are not forwards, why would u put maxi or benayoun in forward ??

Because they have the stats to play there. I thought this formation focused on stats and they had what the position required, I also trained them to play as forwards. If the position takes creativity, off the ball and passing, why on earth would benayoun not succeed?

Gerrard was great there for me.

yoann gourcuff

stevie gerrard

oscar cardozo

yakubu

Because they have the stats to play there. I thought this formation focused on stats and they had what the position required, I also trained them to play as forwards. If the position takes creativity, off the ball and passing, why on earth would benayoun not succeed?

Gerrard always comes up on my shortlists for that position.

Teamwork is also an important stat for that position as the player is required to play in his teammates. I'd think that Yossi would be more suitable on the left or right as he's good at dribbling.

Like a said Vagner Love has scored 33 in 34 plaing in the centre forward position

yoann gourcuff

stevie gerrard

oscar cardozo

yakubu

Don't see how cardozo or yakubu can play there? they don't have nearly good enough stats according to the OP.

I play cardozo on the left up front and he is devastating.

I played this classic tactic with Huntelaar Pato Borriello and Adiyiah and won every game in league.

U dont need some best strikers.

Just look at pictures from page 2 or 3 i dont remmember, there is pic with line-up.

End of my first season using the wizard tactic, with the occasional tweak and sometimes using a 4-1-3-2 with wingers that I adapted from Mr. Hough's tactic when injuries/suspensions dictated that I needed to utilise wingers.

leagueone0910.jpg

I didn't use the corner bug/exploit/cheat/hack/tactic, although quite a few goals came from my centre backs attacking the far post from deep.

Unrealistic it might be but I love this tactic, great fun! Thanks for your hard work Mr. Hough.

Well i have used both the classic and wizard over 3 season with Rotherman taken them from league 2 to the championship and had awesome cup runs.

i cannot tell any difference in form between the tactics, both have done wonders for me......FM seems a little to easy for me now.

For those who are not having any joy with them tactics please read the first post carefully, regarding what atributes you need for each position!

Also try this for training http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185812 works great.

End of my first season using the wizard tactic, with the occasional tweak and sometimes using a 4-1-3-2 with wingers that I adapted from Mr. Hough's tactic when injuries/suspensions dictated that I needed to utilise wingers.

leagueone0910.jpg

I didn't use the corner bug/exploit/cheat/hack/tactic, although quite a few goals came from my centre backs attacking the far post from deep.

Unrealistic it might be but I love this tactic, great fun! Thanks for your hard work Mr. Hough.

can you put up your tweaked tactic with wingers please

I run the qualifiers for this great tactic. And I think the tactic in the 10.3 is more solid than in other patches. I have won everything but the match against Roma and I got the wrong tactics and the latest v1.1 domination. The rest all victories. Currently I take 14 points to second.

partidos2.png

I use 10.3 Beta Wizard

Tried this with Spurs, no transfers in or out, came 6th...didn't seem that amazing. That was with the wizard tactics, I did also load the classic version, and havent played with it, but did notice some differences..such as tempo being high, I thought they were meant to be the same? :)

Hi there, Wonder if someone can help me! Firstly let me just say what a great tactic this is Mr Hough..My problem seems to be keeping my players at full condition 95-100%. They always seem to start matches at 85-90% and then by half time down to 75-65% and then i get caught out in second half of matches. Im currently using tugs training 2010 training schedules and have tried turning down the intensity but they doesnt seem to work. Im Ipswich in the championship, any help would be much appricated..Thanks

The tactic is coming along nicely i'm having problems with Long Shots at the minute though very annoying long shots is because some of my players will be free on goal yet still have a long shot even though all my players are on No Long Shots and Hardly any Creative Freedom so it's a tough one to tweak to get right

Hi there, Wonder if someone can help me! Firstly let me just say what a great tactic this is Mr Hough..My problem seems to be keeping my players at full condition 95-100%. They always seem to start matches at 85-90% and then by half time down to 75-65% and then i get caught out in second half of matches. Im currently using tugs training 2010 training schedules and have tried turning down the intensity but they doesnt seem to work. Im Ipswich in the championship, any help would be much appricated..Thanks

Only happens to the full backs and midfielders to me, mostly in the championship because of the ammount of games, prem isnt so bad, i would recommend buying players with good stamina and nat fitness for these positions if you can.

Started a new game in december 2009. I waited till jan 31st 2010 and I took over the bottom club in the premier league (portsmouth). So from 20th I am now 16th in the league. 4 wins 2 losses (against Arsenal and Liverpool) with this tactic (just assistant OIs and closing down/tight marking on AMR/MR AML/ML and AMC). Biggest result was this

fivenil.jpg

Also in some non-related news I got taken over by Peter Storrie.. Portsmouth really are unlucky!

Just got the other Kalou on free hoping he does well.

can you put up your tweaked tactic with wingers please

I second this!!!

The tactic is coming along nicely i'm having problems with Long Shots at the minute though very annoying long shots is because some of my players will be free on goal yet still have a long shot even though all my players are on No Long Shots and Hardly any Creative Freedom so it's a tough one to tweak to get right

i think the long shots mabe broken have u tried true balls often mabe just a suggestion

Started a new game in december 2009. I waited till jan 31st 2010 and I took over the bottom club in the premier league (portsmouth). So from 20th I am now 16th in the league. 4 wins 2 losses (against Arsenal and Liverpool) with this tactic (just assistant OIs and closing down/tight marking on AMR/MR AML/ML and AMC). Biggest result was this

fivenil.jpg

Also in some non-related news I got taken over by Peter Storrie.. Portsmouth really are unlucky!

Just got the other Kalou on free hoping he does well.

i've just took over Portsmouth my first game went like this i carny get 1

portsmouthvstokea.png

for this tactic to help defensively and it works well is push yor d - line to max but 1 notch it works as it keeps everything tight together with such an attacking tactic try it

do you mean like

pic1

portsmouthw.png

Are

pic 2

portsmouth2.png