Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I must be tactically inept, but neither classic nor V2 (the one on that page) didn't click with my team at all. Be it Man Utd (almost lost to reserves lol), Chelsea, etc.

However, I must recommend gcs/Zico10 version. It worked like a charm in any team I played with. Weird stuff. O_o

Thanks for the comments, I've worked hard over the past week or so trying to make the defence better thats why in the new V2 there is no very fluid or overload and that has been changed to rigid and control.

This change amougst others has increased possession and helped out defensivly.

I do feel that it has taken a slight bit away from attack but i don't think it's a massive difference.

Thanks for the comments, I've worked hard over the past week or so trying to make the defence better thats why in the new V2 there is no very fluid or overload and that has been changed to rigid and control.

This change amougst others has increased possession and helped out defensivly.

I do feel that it has taken a slight bit away from attack but i don't think it's a massive difference.

Hey Mr Hough

I'd be grateful if you could answer my question on buying players when you get a chance

Cheers!

saab693

looking forward for winged one :)

@ernest166 search...

I have dabled with winged formations in past and i haven't been successfull, I know people like to play with wingers so i will have another look and see if i can get anything to work

Hey Mr Hough

I'd be grateful if you could answer my question on buying players when you get a chance

Cheers!

saab693

If you follow the attirbuttes i have posted then you can't go far wrong.

Alot of it is commen sense really though

Am i ok to still use the 'old' classic tactic for my Man City team?

you can use whichever tactic you like mate.

If i post a new tactic it don't mean you have to use it, If your having success with one of previous tactics just keep using it.

by the way,can someone please explain how to put the corner cheat manually in my game with Mr. Hough tactic ?

ill put the version up with the corner cheat if dave says its ok if not

send me a mesage on this and ill sort my msn 4 u

@Mr.Hough: v2 is very tight defensively, I have very little problem with the opposition strikers. However Im also short on attacking opportunities. I guess the control philosophy removes many of these. I'm going to try play with an attacking philosophy and see how I get on.

@Mr.Hough: v2 is very tight defensively, I have very little problem with the opposition strikers. However Im also short on attacking opportunities. I guess the control philosophy removes many of these. I'm going to try play with an attacking philosophy and see how I get on.

Ok mate let me know how it works

cheers dave

http://www.filefront.com/15904721/Mr%20Hough%2010.3%20V2%20cheat%20corner%20%28Arsenal%2C%20Aug%202011%29.tac

i use this with arsenal so i have either fabregas or robin van pierse lurking or taking the corner

very important that you change it so that you have one lurking and one taking the free kick

example

my mid field second midfield centre is fabregas hes the one whos lurking and rvp is my poacher and hes on corners so if you take the tactic to lets say for example to manu and your best corner takers is evra swap evras role i think fbacks in the tactic are stay back so swap that with lurk and the other lurking player stay back or swap around accordingly but you must have this is very very important that the other lurking player must have good first touch and long shots

hope this made sense this is the setup

corner set up

Two players - Flick

Two players - Keeper

Two players - St Far

Two players - Lurk (one of them is corner taker, the other your best long shooter with good first touch)

Two players - Back

Corners - Penalty Area

This setup leaves lurking player completely free. He can control the ball, advance to the goal and shoot freely...

With Attack (West Ham) beat Man City 2-0; Wolves 2-0; Fulham 3-0; Coventry 2-0

With England beat Slovakia 2 - 0; Denmark 3-0; Germany 1-0; Holland 2-0

Trend is that I'm not conceding / and I'm scoring / dominating possession - this is a good thing :p

With Attack (West Ham) beat Man City 2-0; Wolves 2-0; Fulham 3-0; Coventry 2-0

With England beat Slovakia 2 - 0; Denmark 3-0; Germany 1-0; Holland 2-0

Trend is that I'm not conceding / and I'm scoring / dominating possession - this is a good thing :p

Looks good, I'm guessing your not gonna change it back then lol

Briliant tactic mate, simply brilliant. With Barsa, 7 games into the league, I'm 6-1-0. The draw coming against Sevilla away, an to be honest, it's the only game I had problems, consider my self luck to get a point really. Also, in 7 games I scored 27 goals and gave up only 3. The best part? Thrashed Real Madrid away 5:0, WITHOUT Puyol and Ibrahimovic....Messi with 4 goals and an assist. :D Speaking of Messi, 12 games, 10 goals and 6 assists (I play him as left striker), Ibrahimovic is doing okay, misses a LOT of CCC though... :/ I play him as right striker. I got Boriello on loan, and he's doing actually quite well (middle striker btw)....5 goals with only 3 starts and 5 subs appearences. Might think about keeping him... :) Oh and I'm using your beta v2 tactic....

Well sorry to say I wont be able to report the end of my season with your new tactic, Mr H. My save corrupted and I just get a crash dump error every time I get to a certain point in the year. To be honest I don't think I will be playing FM10 anymore if **** like that is going to happen. Never mind though, I'm sure there are plenty of people still testing your tactic out. I will say that it worked very well up until the crash dump error I got apart from the attack side lost maybe 20% of it's potency.

Using this tactic in an online game with Toulouse.

Drew 1-1 away to Nancy (89th minute penalty for them) in the first game, beat Aston Villa 3-0 at home, drew 1-1 with Lyon away, beat Valencia 3-1 away then beat Le Mans 3-1 at home.

Tactic looks to be bedding in nicely.

Can anyone suggest a good deep lying forward that doesn't cost too much? I have Gignac as Adv Forw and Djalo as Poacher but I'm looking to strengthen the middle position. At the moment I rotate between Kazim-Richards and Carbonnier but if someone could suggest a decent striker I would be most grateful.

Using this tactic in an online game with Toulouse.

Drew 1-1 away to Nancy (89th minute penalty for them) in the first game, beat Aston Villa 3-0 at home, drew 1-1 with Lyon away, beat Valencia 3-1 away then beat Le Mans 3-1 at home.

Tactic looks to be bedding in nicely.

Can anyone suggest a good deep lying forward that doesn't cost too much? I have Gignac as Adv Forw and Djalo as Poacher but I'm looking to strengthen the middle position. At the moment I rotate between Kazim-Richards and Carbonnier but if someone could suggest a decent striker I would be most grateful.

Cardozo maybe? He was excellent for me on the left side or in the middle. I played dzeko in the middle as well and he did fairly well, he isn't a cheap option though.

Using GCS version in 2020 just had a mamouth 70 game season Won premiership and league cup. Runners up in both Europa League and FA Cup in both finals I scored own goals. Europa Cup final went to pens and 3 days later had the FA Cup final which my entire squad were too shattered to play in. Oh well. Not a bad first season in charge of Liverpool.

Let someone help me, because I'm losing strength and reason on this game ...

I use this tactic is paramount had addressed the media at 14 positions in the Russian league currently holds a 3 position mainly through meetings at home, where you destroy enemy without any major problems but as the match comes away my team does not exist! in addition, most clubs in Russia has a long pitch what's even worse effect on the tactics and my team.

Please, any tips and speeches on how you play away or something like resize or not?

Mr H and all others, who have tried to tweak original setup into 451 using wingers.

I've done that (not changing too much) with Leeds and cruised Championships. But I do not still feel too comfortable thinking about life in Premier League. Using classic by the way.

What do you think if and what has to be changed in settings when moving sideforwards into AMR/AML role? Dropping mentality or anything else? Will required attributes change from your mentioned advanced forward ones?

Using the wizard V2 and everything is going well so far even though it is early days.

The possession is fantastic. Does anyone else find that with the new one your 2 CM's become Gods? :D

I have Moutinho and Hamsik for Napoli and after a full pre-season and 4 games both are averaging over 8 a game. It seems that with V2 both are charging into the box and scoring a few.

League results so far in 2nd season after using Classic in 1st season:

Udinese H - 3-0 W

Genoa A - 4-0 W

Siena H - 5-2 W

Possession is always good and the vast majority of chances created by the opposition are long range strikes.

Thanks Mr. Hough, will keep updating

Mr Hough, I haven't tried your tactic but it appears that everyone who is trying it and is experiencing success, is doing so with what could be considered a top team. I would like to know if your tactic works with a team at a lower division. Or at a team with no resources. I will offer one example, Crystal Palace. In 10.3, they have a -10 point deduction and no money so will your tactic work with them for example?

All I see atm is ppl buying the same players, notably Dzeko. It could be that this player simply works under this tactical system and nearly every team chosen has been a consolidated top level team. If someone is able, maybe yourself to try out Crystal Palace, who in 10.3 appear to be one of the worst off teams and not too far down the standings then we can see if this tactic does or not work.

I never start with a real top team. Highest I guess is Leverkusen (media prediction 8th) in Germany and my first seasons squad had only players for the bench coming in and I won the league. Other than that I had just good experiences in 10.2 with Mr. Houghs tactics playing lower league teams (though I have to admit I have no clue about the Crystal Palace squad :))

After thrashing Madrid 5-0, I beat Fiorentina 7:0 away... Messi with 5 goals.... :D :D After that, beat Xerez away also, 10:0, this time Messi "only" had a hat trick... :D :D Brilliant... All in all, Messi in 15 games, 19 goals an 6 assists...