Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few screens to show my progress with Crystal Palace that i have been asked/challenged by Jsolloso to prove that my tactics work.

th_palaceleague.jpg

th_palacecardiff.jpg

Now i don't wanna get ahead of myself but i think i may be able to win the league at this rate.

which version you using dave?

Here is the link to the Classic Tactic. The one i used with everton and huddersfield

http://www.filefront.com/15775207/10...%202010%29.tac

This is the Link to the Beta i Released last week alot of people have had success with this and i'll be posting there screen shots up later on.

I will be working more on this beta because i think it's leaky in defence.

http://www.filefront.com/15775317/10...%202010%29.tac

21/3/10 Update.

My version 2 of the Beta Wizard I drill as before no shouts and i don't use OI's but if you wanna use them then you can. Try and sign players that have the attributes i have posted.

http://www.filefront.com/15882883/Mr...-Jan-2010.tac/

Ow Really :)

Thats good to hear. You see I only like to use Formations that the AI's use. As no managers that I'm aware of use this formation.

Do you reckon you could update me after 10 games on your results using the 4-1-2-1-2 ?

Yeah no worries. Ill do an update at the end of the season. A little under 10 games left till the end. Didnt go so well in the last game i played away to Luton who are 2nd. Lost 2-0. Pretty much everyone performed badly. But i reckon tiredness is starting to kick in .Past month or more ive had 2 games a week and with players who are generally semi pro, their starting to struggle.

Im currently using the gcs version as 4-1-2-1-2. In Past 2 games i have used it my AMC has scored in both games and got at least 1 assist.

I concur that this works extremely nicely. Mind you, this is a team that I built for Mr H's 4-1-2-1-2 complete dominance tactic but the defence does seem tighter using this setup.

I concur that this works extremely nicely. Mind you, this is a team that I built for Mr H's 4-1-2-1-2 complete dominance tactic but the defence does seem tighter using this setup.

Hmm You have caught my attention!

What Team are you?

Do you use OIs? or Shouts?

mr hough glad the crystal palace challenge is working out i dont know why he challenged you to do it maybe he was just lazy and jelous that he couldnt come up with a decent tactic i think with the amount of praise this tactic has had you cant go wrong. And i would like to thankyou for bringin more fun into this game for me as i was at a loose end with it . Tactic works brilliant

I've just finished my fourth season - Valencia - joined from Valladolid in October, Valencia were 17th - finished 3rd, behind Real Madrid by 4 points and Barcelona by 12 points - only lost twice in the league since I took over. Can't wait for a full season with Valencia now...and back in the Champions League where I got Valladolid to the semi finals.

Using the GCS version - working spot on!

which version you using dave?

Here is the link to the Classic Tactic. The one i used with everton and huddersfield

http://www.filefront.com/15775207/10...%202010%29.tac

This is the Link to the Beta i Released last week alot of people have had success with this and i'll be posting there screen shots up later on.

21/3/10 Update.

My version 2 of the Beta Wizard I drill as before no shouts and i don't use OI's but if you wanna use them then you can. Try and sign players that have the attributes i have posted.

http://www.filefront.com/15882883/Mr...-Jan-2010.tac/

Using the first Beta i posted

Using the first Beta i posted

so this 1

because you know people be asking sooner rather than later

Hmm You have caught my attention!

What Team are you?

Do you use OIs? or Shouts?

I'm Swansea but a few years in so I've improved the side a bit and should be promotion contenders in the championship.

I don't use shouts or OIs and just let the assistant do the team talks.

One word of warning though this tactic (for me at least) does not work versus 4-1-4-1 formations at all. I have lost everytime to that formation: the defence gets stranded up the pitch against the long balls so if your less lazy than me I'd recomend making alterations to the defensive line against these teams

I am annoyed with the negative comments coming from posters with about 100+ posts. You guys no nothing about FM, in fact to suggest as info0 did that I concentrate too much on the English leagues is a big mistake. A tactic should be open to criticism, positive or otherwise. At no stage has this tactic been proven to work. Therefore this tactic is another one of many.

Having more posts than someone with only 100 or so on here doesnt mean you know more about FM. What an offensive comment. I'd like the Mods to see this

Yeah no worries. Ill do an update at the end of the season. A little under 10 games left till the end. Didnt go so well in the last game i played away to Luton who are 2nd. Lost 2-0. Pretty much everyone performed badly. But i reckon tiredness is starting to kick in .Past month or more ive had 2 games a week and with players who are generally semi pro, their starting to struggle.

Jay007, How is it going?

How do find playing against an oppostion with a 4-4-1-1 formation? as Hamuel says his side struggles...

I can't believe how well my Crystal Palace challenge is going I'm surprised to be honest.

After 25 Games i'm 5th Having won 14 Drawn 10 and Lost 1 i'm 8 points behind First place and 4 points behind 2nd.

I've made one signing so far and thats been Jay Rodriguez from burnley on loan.

I think i'll get the season firsnished with tonight so i'll screens up then

I can't believe how well my Crystal Palace challenge is going I'm surprised to be honest.

After 25 Games i'm 5th Having won 14 Drawn 10 and Lost 1 i'm 8 points behind First place and 4 points behind 2nd.

I've made one signing so far and thats been Jay Rodriguez from burnley on loan.

I think i'll get the season firsnished with tonight so i'll screens up then

Is this the 4-1-2-1-2 Dave?

Why so many draws though? Late Equilizers?

Thanks for your hard work :)

Is this the 4-1-2-1-2 Dave?

Why so many draws though? Late Equilizers?

Thanks for your hard work :)

Exactly late equilizers with my squad being down to the bear bones as it is it's been hard to juggle players around when people have been tired.

There is also a 10 point deduction from Palace at the start of the season so thats not too bad really

Exactly late equilizers with my squad being down to the bear bones as it is it's been hard to juggle players around when people have been tired.

There is also a 10 point deduction from Palace at the start of the season so thats not too bad really

Well as always it looks good :)

So is it a 4-1-2-1-2?

Unbeaten Season with West Ham (in all competitions)!!!! Did the quadruple and won the league with a record 110 points. Two very useful things I added to make this tactic even better (I'm still using the classic one, as long as you stick to the attributes in OP you can't go wrong):

Dan's Training (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/dans-training-schedule-fm2010-t23818.html) is immense >> . Personally I found it much more effective than Tugg's training.

Team Talk Optimizer (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=186381) is a must. My defenders were constantly motivated resulting in me conceding the least goals in the premier league. Couple this with Bubba's team talk guide in the OP and you will have a "fired up" team.

One final thing, if you are finding that your strikers are getting low ratings (the adv. forwards) try making them cut inside and set through balls to rarely. And for the central striker try get someone pacey, for some reason this has always given me better results than a slower player with better supporting stats.

No i'm using the First Wizard beta that i posted ages ago it's in the OP.

Things just keep getting better and better i have just beat bolton in the F.A Cup 2-1

Overall i'm unbeaten in 21 games.

Okay, well all seems to be going to plan haha :D

If I want to use a AMC in my tactic, like a 4-1-2-1-2, what tweaks do you recommend? Other than moving the striker into AMC :)

It's hard to say really.

Litrally just looking at the settings without changing anything i'd change thw following.

I'd have him on attacking midfielder and on attack duty.

I'd bring run from deep down to sometimes.

I'd put his attacking mentality up 3 notches.

I'd put his Closing Down to the Highest Possible.

Go with that and see what happens.

I'm gonna be making a 4-1-2-1-2 soon anyway because i love the inter-play between the strikers and the amc in that formation

It's hard to say really.

Litrally just looking at the settings without changing anything i'd change thw following.

I'd have him on attacking midfielder and on attack duty.

I'd bring run from deep down to sometimes.

I'd put his attacking mentality up 3 notches.

I'd put his Closing Down to the Highest Possible.

Go with that and see what happens.

I'm gonna be making a 4-1-2-1-2 soon anyway because i love the inter-play between the strikers and the amc in that formation

When? are we talking tommorow?

I tried this tactic in the lower polish division and got killed. 7 games without a win including games I was supposed to win easily. I don't have a super strong team, and my strikers are not the fastest.

Wish it worked for me like it seems to work for everyone else here.

Jay007, How is it going?

How do find playing against an oppostion with a 4-4-1-1 formation? as Hamuel says his side struggles...

I only played one more game after i last posted, as it was getting pretty late here. I beat Barrow 3-0 at home. The AMC scored and created a goal. I should complete the season when i got home from work later. I'll post some screen shots up etc. The settings for the AMC, i have left the same as the Deep Lying forward in the end. So basically all that is changed is that hes an AMC on support duty. I find on these settings he often picks the ball up deep and runs at the defense or arrives late into the box.

Hi Mr Hough,

I'm using your 10.3 Classic tactic. No OI.

Been playing FM since CM 97/98. I don't usually post on the forums but wanted to say great job with the tactic.

I am into my 2nd season as Yeovil Town. Started in League 1 with media prediction of 19th. The quality of the squad was awful so I released some and sold others. Overall, 10 new players were signed and a couple in on loan.

We finished 1st in the league, winning the championship on the last day of the season 46 games 29 wins 7 draws 10 losses. We did the double that season and also won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in front of 55,000 at Wembley. League Cup we were knocked out in the 2nd round by West Brom. But we made the 5th Round of the FA Cup where we drew Man Utd. We drew with them 2-2 at Huish Park(They scored in the 92nd minute to equalise!). Then lost 3-2 at Old Trafford, also a great result.

So this season we are in the Coca-Cola Championship. We are 1st after 8 games, 7 wins 1 draw 0 losses. I signed another 10 players and released a whole lot more. We just beat Fulham away 1-2 in the 2nd round of the League Cup as well :)

As stated by others buying players with the right attributes is vital but it's a great tactic in which the team play a great style of football.

Thanks Mr Hough!

PS- I signed Marcelo Zalayeta on a free at the start of the season and he has already scored 11 goals in 8 games in the deep lying striker position. 9 in the championship and 2 in the League Cup :)

Hi,

just want to add that this tactic is doing great for me.

i'm managing KSK Beveren (belgian club). I started out in the second division and also won it in my first season. Media prediction was 10th. Now after 15 games in the first division i'm 4th with 3 points behind the leader.

and what the above poster says is absolutely true. You need to buy players with the right attributes otherwise you will just have average results.

so thanks for the tactic and your efforts because i really enjoy the game again :)

I tried this tactic in the lower polish division and got killed. 7 games without a win including games I was supposed to win easily. I don't have a super strong team, and my strikers are not the fastest.

Wish it worked for me like it seems to work for everyone else here.

The tactic will work Maybe you need to make some adjustments to your team like trying to get players with the attirubtutes that i've recomended into your team.

Keep the Faith though

Hi Mr Hough,

I'm using your 10.3 Classic tactic. No OI.

Been playing FM since CM 97/98. I don't usually post on the forums but wanted to say great job with the tactic.

I am into my 2nd season as Yeovil Town. Started in League 1 with media prediction of 19th. The quality of the squad was awful so I released some and sold others. Overall, 10 new players were signed and a couple in on loan.

We finished 1st in the league, winning the championship on the last day of the season 46 games 29 wins 7 draws 10 losses. We did the double that season and also won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in front of 55,000 at Wembley. League Cup we were knocked out in the 2nd round by West Brom. But we made the 5th Round of the FA Cup where we drew Man Utd. We drew with them 2-2 at Huish Park(They scored in the 92nd minute to equalise!). Then lost 3-2 at Old Trafford, also a great result.

So this season we are in the Coca-Cola Championship. We are 1st after 8 games, 7 wins 1 draw 0 losses. I signed another 10 players and released a whole lot more. We just beat Fulham away 1-2 in the 2nd round of the League Cup as well :)

As stated by others buying players with the right attributes is vital but it's a great tactic in which the team play a great style of football.

Thanks Mr Hough!

PS- I signed Marcelo Zalayeta on a free at the start of the season and he has already scored 11 goals in 8 games in the deep lying striker position. 9 in the championship and 2 in the League Cup :)

Thats Fantastic success well done, I have said a thousand times you need the right players to make the tactic work at it's best.

I'm glad your having fun keep us informed.

Hi there, started a new game with Ipswich and after a little while of the squad getting use to everyone I am now sitting at the top of the league. Played 18 W14 D2 L2 so not going to bad. The only trouble I'm having is that my central strikers are very inconsistant. They will have a storming game by scoring at least a couple and then have at least 2-3 games where they are playing poor with ratings between 5-6. I am mainly playing David Healy there and then I'll rotate him with John Fleck on loan from Rangers. The January transfer window will soon be available and I have 1.6 million to spend so I was wondering if anyone has got any suggestions to whom I should try and buy or should I just keep faith with Healy and Fleck. Cheers in advance :)

A bit of update as I tested/played with 3 different versions.

Team: Birmingham

tactics: original 10.3

Results: Came 2nd in league, won UEFA cup, FA Cup, League Cup, Euro Super Cup, Charity Shield.

Feedback: Attacking, good!!! Defensive, not bad (as I have only free transferred all players in! Don't have any real good players paid for!).

Greatest Results:

4-2 Barca (UEFA cup final)

tactics: GCS

Results: 1st in league, no cup

tactics: Mr.H defense better

Results: tested for few games only. Won 2 games (yes beated Barca 2-0 away!), drew 2 (against very weak team...), and lost 2 (to Arsenal and Chelsea)

Feedback: Good to use when playing away game, but at home, I could't beat Swansea in cup game...0-0

Hi there, started a new game with Ipswich and after a little while of the squad getting use to everyone I am now sitting at the top of the league. Played 18 W14 D2 L2 so not going to bad. The only trouble I'm having is that my central strikers are very inconsistant. They will have a storming game by scoring at least a couple and then have at least 2-3 games where they are playing poor with ratings between 5-6. I am mainly playing David Healy there and then I'll rotate him with John Fleck on loan from Rangers. The January transfer window will soon be available and I have 1.6 million to spend so I was wondering if anyone has got any suggestions to whom I should try and buy or should I just keep faith with Healy and Fleck. Cheers in advance :)

I had both Healy and Fleck for me, stats right but they both played crap for me...

Try Loaning in players its cheap and some of the players you can get are awesome.

Sean Scannel is doing awesome for me considering his Composure is 9!, He's scored 22 goals in 28 games, Try buying him

Just finished the season 1st with Stalybridge Celtic in the Blue Square Prem. I used the 10.3 Beta version for most of the season. Up until about 10 games to go i switched to the gcs version. But instead of playing with 3 strikers. I dropped the Deep Lying Striker back to the AMC position. This making 4-1-2-1-2 tactic. I played him there without changing any of the settings and he played pretty well. Scoring quite a few, including a hatrick in the FA Trophy final. So as promised here a some screen shots.

Final league table. I would say this tactic works fine with a small team and no money ;) Ive had no transfer budget for the past 2 seasons

th_stalybridgefinaltable.jpg

I started using the gcs version from the AFC Wimbledon game. Ive highlighted the games in which my AMC scored in

th_mcgeouchgoals.jpg

My team stats

th_stalybridgesquad.jpg

If anyone wants to see anymore screen shots, just let me know.

So into league football next season. Going to be tough as im about 150k in the red, so will have little or no money to spend on strengthen my team. I will keep updated on my progress though.

Just finished the season 1st with Stalybridge Celtic in the Blue Square Prem. I used the 10.3 Beta version for most of the season. Up until about 10 games to go i switched to the gcs version. But instead of playing with 3 strikers. I dropped the Deep Lying Striker back to the AMC position. This making 4-1-2-1-2 tactic. I played him there without changing any of the settings and he played pretty well. Scoring quite a few, including a hatrick in the FA Trophy final. So as promised here a some screen shots.

Final league table. I would say this tactic works fine with a small team and no money ;) Ive had no transfer budget for the past 2 seasons

I started using the gcs version from the AFC Wimbledon game. Ive highlighted the games in which my AMC scored in

th_mcgeouchgoals.jpg

My team stats

th_stalybridgesquad.jpg

So into league football next season. Going to be tough as im about 150k in the red, so will have little or no money to spend on strengthen my team. I will keep updated on my progress though.

Very good going I'm defo gonna have to try this Gcs version and add it to the OP

th_mcgeouchgoals.jpg

My team stats

th_stalybridgesquad.jpg

I'm really interested in trying this Gcs version. Are the player attributes the same as mr hough's? Thanks

Ok thanks. I'm charlton. And im in the championship. I've just played the first leg of the league cup against spurs away. I've just drawn 2-2 and it was quite a good match. Not bad for the first game. I'm gonna try this for another 10 games.

I wanted to do it previously, but u know school ect. Today i will start game with some lower league team and test my tweak, coz I received a lot of pm's referring to attitudes of low league teams. So i will post back some screenies when i finish season.

edit; started with Monza (Italian C1)

th_mcgeouchgoals.jpg

My team stats

th_stalybridgesquad.jpg

Do you have a link for your tactic?

Mr Hough - firstly want to say your tactics have restored my sanity after months of struggling with FM10. Your help has restored my enjoyment of the game.

I've played through a few versions of your tactic, with great success, and recently started playing with the 10.3 Better Def version....working well and, though only in pre-season with Tottenham, have scored 16 goals in three games with none against.

My question, though, is around the instructions for the three strikers. I've noticed that the deep lying forward (one in centre) - which you recommend has high passing, creativity and decisions for - has the through ball setting on "sometimes".

Meanwhile the advanced forwards - with recommended stats that DON'T include passing but do have high dribbling, shooting etc - have through balls set to often.

I kind of expected, with the stats you recommend and the nature of the deep lying forward player "dropping deeper" to play in the advanced forwards, the "through ball" settings to be the other way round?

Please don't misunderstand me. It seems to work and I'm certainly not complaining!

However it has led me to two questions:

1. Should the through ball settings be the other way round?

2. Should the recommended stats you set out in the OP be different for the Better Def version of your tactic.

All round though a genius set of tactics that have made my life just a little bit better.

Thank you.

Do you have a link for your tactic?

All i did was use gcs tactic and then drop the Deep Laying forward into the AMC position. And that was it. Didnt change anything at all. If you want me to upload my tactic i will though. Upto you?

All i did was use gcs tactic and then drop the Deep Laying forward into the AMC position. And that was it. Didnt change anything at all. If you want me to upload my tactic i will though. Upto you?

So literally drag the Central Strike into AMC. nothing else?