Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@jeirge actually you need to let your player a.k.a the new teraquista to get use to the position 1st then you get the real result. test it for about 5-8 games?

i did ,but really i didn't see any improovment on gcs's version of the tactic

I'm using the classic version but have modified it so the middle striker is an AMC and I'm playing as Ipswich. So far I have played 8 won 8 scoring 28 goals and conceding 10. Plus I have just beat West Ham in the 3rd round of the League Cup. I have brought Fredy Guarin, Mike Hanke & Robert Lewandowski. Also loaned in Jonathan Cristaldo, Ritchie De Laet & Marquinhos. Although De Laet and Cristaldo are only for 3 months as I have got too many season loan signings. I will try and post some screenies soon. So hats off to Mr Hough for a great tactic :)

I'm using the classic version but have modified it so the middle striker is an AMC and I'm playing as Ipswich. So far I have played 8 won 8 scoring 28 goals and conceding 10. Plus I have just beat West Ham in the 3rd round of the League Cup. I have brought Fredy Guarin, Mike Hanke & Robert Lewandowski. Also loaned in Jonathan Cristaldo, Ritchie De Laet & Marquinhos. Although De Laet and Cristaldo are only for 3 months as I have got too many season loan signings. I will try and post some screenies soon. So hats off to Mr Hough for a great tactic :)

Right here are some screenies. Also I forgot to mention that I have signed Javier Garrido from Man City on loan as well.

teamz.png

leaguetableq.png

Potentially stupid question, but is it for 10.3?

These schedules were released way before 10.3 was out, so they're not ''designed specifically'' on 10.3 but as far as people say they're working really good..I can also confirm that as I'm using them myself too, on 10.3 that is

Somehow i cant make touchline instructions on 10.3 classic as i could with wizard. Im also unsure who my poacher is in the classic formation.

Anyone able to tell me how i "turn it on" ? Ive been looking around but cant find any possible way to do it !

Hi Mr Hough, 1st of all I want to thank you for creating such a good tactic, when I started FM10 and started using it, I initially thought it was diablo tactic, as I was winning pretty easily, but after further experimenting, like you said, you need the right players in the right positions really.

Touching on your defensive issues, which is not a big issue, your current tactic defends pretty well imo. I've indeed made some tweaks, and experienced better results with them. What I did was I looked and tried a tactic Zico10 created in this forum - Italian defence, in this thread:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=192634

I thought he did a great job in setting up his defense and it is really solid. I then implemented his defense setup into your tactic. Basically combining both your tactics into one, and so far I find it going very well.

The major tweaks are such as the way the two DC's are set up, instead of 2 limited defenders on defend, 2 ball playing ones are used, one as stopper and the other as cover/sweeper - which i find very useful as i was noticing a large number of my goals are from thru balls and quick forwards getting behind my DC's. I've also notched the DC's and FB's mentality up to normal to better suit the team as a unit. This certainly dont mean that the DC's go roaming around and FB's bomb forward too often. It just put the defense in better relation the rest of team's mentality (as the rest of the team are attacking) to ensure the team's mentality is not too disjoint. If the gap between player's mentality is too far, the play would be disjoint too.The D-line remains the same tho.

I've also changed majority of the team's passing to short to keep the ball better, including the midfields, which were on direct. I noticed that the produced better results as the team will knock a few more passes around before the right moment to release a thru ball. The midfields and forwards in your tactic are set to release thru balls quite often, so players wont just knocking the balls sideways. Tempo is already slow on your tactic so that works fine with short passing.

And as I mentioned before, the 3 forwards are working wonders, with the mid ST dropping deep to look for the ball. I've just changed his role to trequatista, but not changed your settings, as I see their fine, just making sure he gets the ball more often as he will by default be the playmaker if he is set on trequatista. And I find player this role as a ST is better for me than AMC, as you suggested a couple post earlier to balance the formation. I find that the player in this role get more goals and as effective in the assist department in the ST position.

Overall, the tweaks I've made to your already wonderful tactic resulted in better defense for me (really the right players need to be used as stopper and cover), and better possession for my team, not much, but slightly better. I also want to take the chance to thank Zico10, for creating his mean solid defence for me to study and copy!! LoL.

I implemented your tweaks yeasterday and allso changed the role for the DM til DM/defend, since my DM's didn't match the anchorman-role.

I have allso changed the mentality to attack so I don't use overload all the time.

My team is now dominating every game even though I play Wrexham in BSP, so my players don't match the profiles for the different positions.

This tactic is looking more and more like Proddeh's 3-1-3-3 which I have used with great success.

Firstly, thanks again Mr H for taking the time to develop another tactic. I had fantastic success with your hybrid tactic on 10.2.

Now for my findings on this tactic playing as Barnet.

Overall I'd have to say the tactic was a success as I finished the season with promotion in 2nd place (media prediction 22nd IIRC), but it was a real mixed bag of form that finally got me there.

As you can imagine, the Barnet squad is poor so I set about brining in as close to the player requirements as I could. I started the season with only 1 win in my first 8 games (including losing 6-0 to Charlton in the JPT) but didn't let that bother me as the team needed time to gel - and they certainly did! Following those first 6 league games we went on a 24 game unbeaten run when we never looked like losing. At that point I thought you'd worked a miracle and this tactic was the dogs balls. Then, all of a sudden, the tactic seemed to fall apart and we ended he season as we started it losing 8 of our last 18 games including 4 on the trot and 2 of the last 3 games which effectively cost me the title.

barntab.th.jpg

resultl.th.jpg

Has anyone had success like those with Everton in this thread using small clubs? Does it maybe only work well with clubs who can attract the right players?

This may sound odd but I'm going to replay the last game of the season and lose it as I want to stay in the bottom tier and try again.

Firstly, thanks again Mr H for taking the time to develop another tactic. I had fantastic success with your hybrid tactic on 10.2.

Now for my findings on this tactic playing as Barnet.

Overall I'd have to say the tactic was a success as I finished the season with promotion in 2nd place (media prediction 22nd IIRC), but it was a real mixed bag of form that finally got me there.

As you can imagine, the Barnet squad is poor so I set about brining in as close to the player requirements as I could. I started the season with only 1 win in my first 8 games (including losing 6-0 to Charlton in the JPT) but didn't let that bother me as the team needed time to gel - and they certainly did! Following those first 6 league games we went on a 24 game unbeaten run when we never looked like losing. At that point I thought you'd worked a miracle and this tactic was the dogs balls. Then, all of a sudden, the tactic seemed to fall apart and we ended he season as we started it losing 8 of our last 18 games including 4 on the trot and 2 of the last 3 games which effectively cost me the title.

barntab.th.jpg

resultl.th.jpg

Has anyone had success like those with Everton in this thread using small clubs? Does it maybe only work well with clubs who can attract the right players?

This may sound odd but I'm going to replay the last game of the season and lose it as I want to stay in the bottom tier and try again.

i tested it with huddersfield the classic tactic though and won the league holidaying the entire season more or less

Top of the league so far with Chelsea (December almost over). Havent lost yet and 12 points clear of 2nd place liverpool.

Champions league has been a bit strange but I did have a hard group (Chelsea, Bordeaux, Liege, Real Madrid).

My strikers are scoring goals for fun, I love this tactic!

ok so i took over middlesborough in december with them sitting 19th in the championship, with a few loan signings (matic, koevemans and codrea) i am now sitting in 2nd after going on a 16 games unbeaten streak (11 wins in a row) in march and looking like i could win the league! i really like this tactic (the classic one this is!) KUTGW!

I'm sorry to say dat the wizard tactic works bad for my Arsenal.

(8 Matches 5W2D1L)

I dunno is this my problem or not.

I have Arshavin, van Persie, Carlos Vela, Walcott, Bendtner and Eduardo in my squad.

Who should be selected?

They juz score a little and most of their shots are off target. It is not like what i had in the 1020 tactic. Can anyone help me with this?

Wow the classic tactics worked really good for my leeds.

This is a screen of beckford after the season ended:

th_beckford.png

Even tho this was my first season in coca cola league 1 I think it's a pretty decent stat.

Wow the classic tactics worked really good for my leeds.

This is a screen of beckford after the season ended:

th_beckford.png

Even tho this was my first season in coca cola league 1 I think it's a pretty decent stat.

thats nice:thup:, which position did u put him at?

Hey just to let you guys know i won't be posting any more tactics.

I'm pretty ****ed by people saying i'm cheating, It's a joke, do you say arsenal are cheating when they went unbeaten they whole season.

do you say leeds are cheating cos they beat man utd in the f.a cup.

if you don't like the tactic don't use it simple

First season results with Nothingham Forest, used Wizard beta. I secured the title in march, and really screwed up my goal diffence after that, 2 losses and 3 draws.

forest1.png

forest2.jpg

Top goalscorer and player of the season was Lacina Traoré. Sold 2 strikers and bought him for 2m, he scored 49 goals in 49 matches.

Hey just to let you guys know i won't be posting any more tactics.

I'm pretty ****ed by people saying i'm cheating, It's a joke, do you say arsenal are cheating when they went unbeaten they whole season.

do you say leeds are cheating cos they beat man utd in the f.a cup.

if you don't like the tactic don't use it simple

I don't blame you mr hough. People need to realise that people are good enough to spend time making tactics, answering questions regarding their tactics as well ad trying to play the game themselves. Not every tactic will work for everyone or in your case people don't like winning which is ultimately the aim of this game. If people don't like tactics for whatever reason they should just not use it and not offend people by posting stupid comments. I for on appreciate the effort you put in on your tactics this year and has bought me a lot of enjoyment playing fm10 so thanks for your work.

Everybody press the report button for this cretin 'denzil.smith' and report him for trolling/harrasement. If everybody reports him he will probably be infracted or banned, and then he can go and troll on another forum and leave decent folk alone who are here to help and have fun.

Don't let the trolls win. :thup:

Following the massive success I've had with Mr Hough's Ultimo Domination V2, I decided to give the classic tactic a go after installing 10.3. The results I got were really poor, conceding too easy (8 goals in last 4 matches). The only explanation I could give is the players' specific attributes were not as good as required for this tactic to work. I changed back to UD V2 and returned to winning ways. Now that I think about it, could it be because I didn't start a new game after installing 10.3? I just continued with my previous save as I am too far ahead (2010) and not in the mood to start from scratch. Anyway, UD V2 works great for me.

Great tactics - not cheating - love it all the way!

In the words of Hawksbee and Jacobs (Talksport) - "Whadda waste of ink!"

You dont listen to them do you?

Typical crack - 1 of them makes a mistake - the other 1 laughs(if thats what you call it)

Thats it. End of show

Just to give a little more encouragement to Mr. Hough and to prove I'm cheating (lol just a joke). Here goes some photos.

arlingcup.jpg

nglishpremier.jpg

No corner bug, no nothing. I used both the classic and the Creator ones, 'cause I couldn't decide. When I get back to this save I'll stregthen the team and try going for the Champions Cup and the FA Cup. The two competitions I lost.

Cheers

Any up dates for the defense on the beta wizard? I'm really struggling to tighten things up.

I tried pushing the def up and changing from zonal to man marking. It seemed to work for a few games as I kept 3 clean sheets in a row but as the games went on it seemed to deteriorate with less control of matches and less chances created. I have left man marking on and it seems to make a slight bit of difference.

Going to try and change one of the central mids to a ball winner. Moomoo's tactic employs it and its a very solid tactic that plays good football. Very similar to mr houghs in fact. I'll let you know how I get on if you're interested. :thup:

Ok... I've deleted quite a few posts... there's 20 minutes I'll never get back :(

Please, if an idiot starts trolling the threads or being abusive, don't feed them, just report their posts and move on :)

Cheers heath, Your a legend

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I love making tactics that is why i have made so many.

Don't let idiots get to you.

The one who decided to start posting the accusations and all the other drivel, is now enjoying a little holiday from the forums.

I've every respect for anyone who takes the time and effort to post their tactics and ideas on this forum, be they really successful or not. I don't mind people offering constructive criticism and debate, but people who just say "it's junk" are nothing more than a waste of text.

If you don't like a tactic, say why you don't like it or suggest improvements. Most posters who take the time to create tactics and submit them to the forums, appreciate constructive criticism. It helps them help you! :thup:

Mr Hough is a legend lallalal lalalal Mr Hough is a legend llalalalal , enough of me singing sir hough as you will forever been now known im using your classic 4-3-3 tactic but moved the left and right strikers out onto the wing as (this is gonna sound stupid ) i like the look of 4-5-1 on the screen plus my team i support play that formation as well can you give any sort of advice on slight tweaks i can do to make it work im playing with swansea city aswell btw m8