If SI could only improve one thing for FM11, what would you like it to be?

Which area should SI concentrate on for FM11?  

520 members have voted

1. 1. Which area should SI concentrate on for FM11?

• Training
    • Scouting
    • Newgens
    • Media Interaction
    • Player/Staff Interaction
    • Match Engine / 3D Graphics

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Press conferences - They bore the hell out of me, that being said I can see why they have looked at adding them in. I just detest the repetitive nature and the dramatic effect that it can have on all the players.

I may be wrong here, but IRL aside from maybe one or two players that attend the press conferences with the manager do any of the other players actually listen to them?!

If the answer is no, then why do all players have the potential for their morale to be effected?!

I click \"no comment\" to every question and end press conference as soon as I can now as they bore me that much. I cant send my brain dead ass man as he will only say something wrong!

They need to improve the immersion aspect.

Things like club icon, legend etc.

Feeling like the game 'remembers' you and your achievements.

There is a terrible empty feeling when you leave a club after many years of success or even just loyal service and .. thats it. You are just instantly erased and the database rolls on.

Hundreds of hrs of your life is just gone.

There needs to be more in it for career games, more reward, more sense of being part of a living breathing world and of your achievements in that world mattering and being worth something.

Not losing Icon, or Legend status instantly when you leave a club and/or becoming hated is a simple fix that needs applying ASAP. Just a start!

I think i've said this every year - transfers. They're too simple, the fees are rarely realistic and there simple isn't enough "activity" - i.e the amount of interest shown and bids made for your players is about 2000% less than in real life. In real life any player with any modicum of talent will be of interest to another club. In real life most players who are told they're not wanted by the manager will find a new club without much trouble (or his agent will). I dont think this is accurately represented in FM and hasn't been in many years.

I've voted for player/staff interaction. This is a feature I've wanted improving for years, but it never seems to happen. Dealing with all player interaction via the media is unrealistic, and there needs to be a feature where you can have a private word with a player if you're unhappy with their form. Public criticism of an individual player from a manager is very rare in real life, and is only done in extreme circumstances, or when the manager's an idiot. Yet on FM it's the only way.

Better interaction with the board is also needed, as I want to tell them when I'm not happy with them without handing in an ultimatum.

It's got to be training. It's so basic and unrealistc. Training should play apart in getting your players familiar with your tactical instructions and working on a game plan, and not just helping them improve. We also need to be able to target specific attributes rather then categories. I want my centre backs to work on their heading, but in setting them to train at a high level of ball control, they will also be working on their dribbling, flair etc, which I much rather be at a lower level.

wow. this is such a tough choice. only one? hmm. as much as i want to say the match enginge or the training system (be able to train players in more specific skills regardless to template. being able to distribute their PA minus CA freely

---- i would have to say newgens/regens. i love career games where i can play one club forever. having to quit the team after bulding it up and put so much time and effort in to have it wasted is such a sad experience

1. Dynamic league reputation

2. ...

3. ...

10. Player interaction

And another idea...

My father frequently sends his .pkm's to me to check out his tactics. However, it's pretty difficult as, beside the formation, I'm not aware of the tactical setup used. Let alone any changes made, or shouts thrown in, during the match.

For me it would be invaluable if upon saving your .pkm file an option would appear to reveal your tactical setup and your changes/shouts during the match, so that others viewing the .pkm have the best idea of what they are looking at...

Any feedback?

I think the poll needs to be changed - the ME is seperate from the 3D representation of that ME. I think the 3D representation, although not great, is not something SI should be concentrating on, they should focus more on the core of the game, ie the ME.

I think the poll needs to be changed - the ME is seperate from the 3D representation of that ME. I think the 3D representation, although not great, is not something SI should be concentrating on, they should focus more on the core of the game, ie the ME.

I thought of this only after the poll was running :D

Good to see a general consistency with the responses though.

For those who play with teams further down the ladder, do you actually get any use out of your youth players each year, or are all of them rubbish?

Do you have any first teamers who came from your academy? Do you have any that look like they may make the cut?

If newgens aren't fixed, all the rest is irrelevant if you want to play more than 5 seasons.

I'm into my 8th season and the regens aren't bad at all plenty of top talent flying about.

Has to be the match engine for me.

'less bug' means 'improved match engine'.

Yeah I would definitely put match engine at the top since that is what makes or breaks the game. It is also the thing that gets the most complaints and criticism.

The second for me would be the newgens. there doesn't need to be heaps of them with 190PA but just more with reasonably balanced stats.

'less bug' means 'improved match engine'.

Yeah I would definitely put match engine at the top since that is what makes or breaks the game. It is also the thing that gets the most complaints and criticism.

The second for me would be the newgens. there doesn't need to be heaps of them with 190PA but just more with reasonably balanced stats.

But a large number of bugs are not related to the match engine. So it doesnt fully cover "less bugs". Though, I do understand what your getting at.

Looking at the results of the poll it seems there isn't much in it in regard to what people want done, ignoring scouting which most seem happy with. Newgens & the match engine seem to be the pressing issue for most, though I expect they are the ones most likely to be looked at in the next two patches, so I expect the results will be even closer when the game is fully patched.

I've opted for training. Some of the other features you've mentioned would be nice improvements, however I would expect these to improve in every series of the game as time goes on - if that's not too unfair to say? By that I mean, I would expect the coding for newgens to change next year and we can all expect ME alterations at some point.

Training however, hasn't changed too much over the last few games. That's evident by the fact you can re-use training schedules from around two years ago and they will still work fairly well. I really liked the training / skills implementation in FML as it really felt like you improved as a coach (rewarding), but I don't know whether it would work in the FM series? It was very easy to understand - five stars in youth coaching and you'll be one of the best coaches for training youth - as a result they will improve quicker. With the current system in FM you assign a player to a schedule and hope for the best - there's little else you can do other than tweak the bars, which for many I'm sure is a particular grey area.

Archived