You don't see this often in FM

Retrospective punishment for misconduct on the pitch. E.g. a player elbowing one of the opposition, it not being noticed at the time, but dealt with after the match by the FA.

Managers complaining about the conduct of the opposition. E.g. claiming they were too physical, or were constantly play acting, etc...

Have had keeper booked twice, both times for handling outside the area, but not sent off (yet) and I'm into 2020! I think in all the hours (days, weeks, whatever!) i spent on 08, i only managed to get a keeper sent off twice, and that happened to one keeper in the same season.

I've played five seasons, and only last night i had my first penalty shootout (against barca in CL Quarter final). It didn't drag on forever, as i've seen other reports go. It was over after 5 penalties from each side, meaning the very last penalty was the only one missed, and that was my player :(

What i did notice, hwoever, and this is something i have yet to see on ANY penalty, is the player missing the goal, blasting wide or over. Never happens. Players very rarely miss penalties, and if they do, it's ALWAYS due to the keeper saving it.

Night clubs happen, btw. Or at least they used to, that "player was seen leaving night club". They should add "with transvestite prostitutes" though, just to add realism.

One thing i like is other personal aspects, like players reacting to their first cap or being dropped from the international squad for a tournament, and so on. Would be cool to expand this to family matters, like player getting married or having a kid, goes to show that a lot of players grow mentally from happenings like that. In addition, it would be awesome if the game actually kept track of players' families, meaning deliberately that their kids would eventually come through your youth ranks and so on.

And regarding youth ranks: regens now just get "dumped" into your U20, with different ages (15, 17, 19) each season. If you save and reload before the "dump", you can see that these players will be completely different on each dump, randomly generated. Would be cool to actually see if you have any good regens "coming up" the ranks from age 10 or so, nothing more than a mere message per season about how your teams of 10-year-olds, 13, 15, etc are doing in various outings, giving you an oppurtunity to compare the quality of "generations". The kids born in 96 have done so much better than those from 97 in comparison, and so on.

I've never seen a goal scored with a handball, or a handball in the run up to the goal. I think more goals should be incorrectly awarded IMO (as opposed to goals being incorrectly chalked off).

I'd also like to see the odd mass brawl with a couple of reds. By mass brawl, I mean the English-style pushing and shoving, as opposed to the Brazilian style mass fight.

I've yet to have an amateur match that was a goal fest like they are in real life. Let me just tell you all I manage in Asia for a local amateur team in a provincial league, country rep is 200 or 300 (i forgot) but the club rep was 7. The average club rep is actually 5-60 nationally. So some may say this is Sunday league football. If you pick up any local newspaper and look at the results for your local Sunday league they are sometimes very high goal margins - eg; 2-13, 7-1, 11-6, etc..

After three seasons of watching every match of my team I have yet to have a match that is a goal fest (the average goals per match for the league is something like 2 or 3 with is a bit low for a Sunday league), and I would really love to have a match like that!

I saw C.Ronaldo do a bicycle kick against me, the only one....keeper saved it. I think it's good these are few and far between.

See a few backheels and that, I don't think you see much skills etc as the engine is limited, that's fair enough but it would be nice to see some text compliment it e.g. 'Ronaldo uses a wonderful turn of pace/feint to beat defender' and then just have him move past. There are ways around the limitations to make it work well.

The keeper NEVER brings anyone down 1v1, I've never seen anyone try and chip the keeper or go around him a la his PPM.

I think there are some small things that SI could do to improve things, THESE FINER DETAILS are what seperates a game from being good and being great, and guess what, they are all available here on the forum. SI please take the wonderful feedback you are receiving on board and implement what you can.

Lots of good suggestions, good post OP.

Yeah I seem to miss the important ones as well. To the one who never seen a missed penalty, never had a penalty shoot out I reckon? Otherwise it would be an endless afair...

Obviously wasn't talking about shootouts...

Saw my first missed pen today. Year 2015.

Been some good replies in this thread, THANKS!

Some of the things ARE within the game although rare which is maybe right but there are quite a few good notes about things that are missing so hopefully someone from SI will be monitoring this thread and take those into consideration for the future development of the game.

On the subject of Goalkeepers I have never seen a keeper get injured during the match, again defeating having sub keeper on the bench.

I had my keeper get (slightly) injured while taking a free-kick (for off-side). He could continue the match, but he had the little green icon above his head. Since it was a friendly game, I substituted him.

I actually saw my striker WAY down the leagues lob the keeper when one-on-one a couple of days ago. Had to fetch my jaw from the floor. Gorgeous goal it was too! :)

I actually think there are too many diving headers. Players tend to do it when it's not natural. IRL it's extremely rare tbh.

Indirect free kicks inside the area would be pretty cool. I know they aren't massively frequent in real life, but I can think of at least a few games I've attended where there's been one, whereas despite having played many more matches of FM than attended real games, I've never seen one in the game. Thus I assume it doesn't happen, unless anyone has seen otherwise?

Also, players dying or getting sent to jail. I know this sounds pretty awful, but it's not like it's never happened in real life - think Miklos Feher or Marc-Vivien Foe for the former, or Marlon King for the latter. Perhaps there are legal reasons why things like this can't happen in the game...

well people have died on the pitch for real so.......... im not saying it should be added, imagine having your start striker die, would be funny.

As for of the ball incidents/fights etc i havent seen it on this one but on the old version it definitely happened. I think the commentary was something like players name landed a sweet left hook on gamberini followed by his teammates have to drag him away couldnt believe it. I do thinks its unrealistic how little off the ball incidents occur in game.

Penaltys seem to come from fouls, have you seen a hand ball?

Tbh, I've seen several handballs, just not many that've resulted in penalties. It's mainly one sometimes at mid-pitch and sometimes one in opponents penalty area... Only results in free kick and yellow card usually. But I've seen atleast one penalty due to handballing too. :p

Players being booked for time wasting - never happens and should be implemented imo.

QFT. Even if you set your "Time Wasting" to "Always" you don't ever get booked for it. :|

Archived