How excited are you about fm16!?

I am really excited about fm16 and all these new features and lick's of paint that have been given. But what im most excited about is the late november and late february patches to fix the most important part of the game, the match engine! Becuase you can give all the media talks, do all the transfer negotiating you want, but don't mean ***** if your goalie goes walkabout, or winger never cross or, (you get the drift). still fingers crossed they dealt with that 1st before all the other sprinkles were added. Be silly not too............................................

I'm just not. The layout is yet again, getting changed and it seems SI's priorities are going into some FIFA direction instead of sticking to what made us fall in love with the game. They'd rather focus on making 3D gameplay look better than actually improve faults within the classic game we know and love. Interactions, LAYOUT, transfers, agents and far more problems that are yet to be touched on. I don't think I'll be buying FM16 which will be the first time in over a decade that I don't buy a Football Manager game. I'm sorry that it had to end this way but this game just isn't what it used to be.

Not too excited, but I'll just find the best offer probably.

I'd wish they expanded more on AI and transfer changes. And that 3D manager creation screen looks truly awful for 2015. I don't get it why they add such things when they clearly don't have a 3D engine up to 2015 standards.

They'd rather focus on making 3D gameplay look better than actually improve faults within the classic game we know and love. Interactions, LAYOUT, transfers, agents and far more problems that are yet to be touched on. I don't think I'll be buying FM16 which will be the first time in over a decade that I don't buy a Football Manager game. I'm sorry that it had to end this way but this game just isn't what it used to be.

Sorry, but you're just plain wrong. Just because they haven't announced anything, doesn't mean the regular features do not get looked at and improved. It's just not 'highlight' news.

There are some nice features. Not sure if that's enough to make me buy before Christmas sales, though. The main thing is still player interactions. That made 15 really annoying for me.

Incidentally, I'm starting to appreciate press conferences. What they simulate well is the dastardly media, who will ask you a question about another manager and then twist your response, and before you know it you're being asked about how the other guy has no intention of cooling the "war of words" between you.

Not very excited the days of getting CM/FM day one is long gone for me. Pretty much no point starting a serious save until a a few patches in anyway.

It must be tough for the developers to keep coming up with ideas especially after 20 odd years

Not as much as before actually.

As an old player of FM did not like (and regard it necessary) the fantasy draft mode & club creation. we have been playing this game for more reality.

As it is discussed in another topic (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/432952-FM16-tactics-screen-just-bled-my-eyes-(-Please-change!), tactics screen looks ugly.

As an old fan - these are what I have expected (first things in my mind):

- The conversations (both media and board) still very much similar to FM15 - we need a lot more options to increase reality.

- We need a lot more interaction with our players - can be able to select our favorite players & have a different relation with them.

- 3D looks quite similar to FM15 (still players skate & player movements both with and off the ball are not realistic) except injury animations

- We need new camera angles such as touchline and over the stadium - I hardly remember times I see stadiums from top view as it is shown in the videos

- Trophy celebrations & something the match day different from other wins

- More reality in training

More excited than ever before probably and I've been playing the game since the CM times and I spend around 1500 hours a year playing the game and it's been raising every year (sad, I know). Of the currently known new features the Fantasy Draft is the one that really sold me the game (would've pre-ordered the game in any case though) and I can see me playing a lot more online games now, which is something I've been waiting for ever since Football Manager Live was discontinued in 2011. It's a good step forward and I'm sure that the feature will be improved in the future as well so it makes me extremely excited.

It's pretty hard to get excited about a game that's

1) 6 to 8 weeks away

2) Not even close to being made fully public

Seriously guys, get out a bit more.

It's obvious that you have never been infected with gaming-hype if you feel that way.

Take any random MMO that's currently 5 years from release and be amazed by the extreme hype that it can cause.

6 to 8 weeks is nothing for hype.

It's obvious that you have never been infected with gaming-hype if you feel that way.

Take any random MMO that's currently 5 years from release and be amazed by the extreme hype that it can cause.

6 to 8 weeks is nothing for hype.

Oh, I have. I've looked forward to many a game. Point 1 is a flippant one, but at the moment 16 is more theoretical than fact, as nowhere near the whole game has been announced/talked about. Hence, not much excitement, on either end of the scale between claiming it to be the second coming, or the worst thing to happen to the World ever.

Oh, I have. I've looked forward to many a game. Point 1 is a flippant one, but at the moment 16 is more theoretical than fact, as nowhere near the whole game has been announced/talked about. Hence, not much excitement, on either end of the scale between claiming it to be the second coming, or the worst thing to happen to the World ever.

Fair enough. I always get excited about new FM, it's probably my addiction talking.

Fair enough. I always get excited about new FM, it's probably my addiction talking.

To expand on mine, I have been in the past. I think I took time off work around beta time for 14. Not solely for it, but worked out fairly well. Ended up not really enjoying 14, not really sure why, could never really get into it fully. For 15 I'd moved into a new house, and remember building furniture while watching the reveal video, and being quite impressed. Not really excited though, although I bought on release day. Got into it slightly more, but still, not to the degrees of 13. T

his time around, I think the reveal has been worse. I quite liked the way they did it last year, and given I was in work yesterday, then heading straight to Hampden, I didn't really get a chance to look through the reveal, as all sites it was hosted at were blocked. Even looking through them though, finding it hard to get that excited. It'll arrive in a few weeks, I'll probably getting it at release, but until then the run-up doesn't really make a difference.

I was more excited for FM 2015. Don't really remember why though. Still somewhat excited for FM 2016, though, but mostly because it's new, data will be updated and existing systems will be improved (albeit slightly). The new (announced) features don't really interest me, although add a new club and create manager are nice little touches, but nothing too dramatic. I don't play multiplayer so I don't care about draft and the match engine gets improved every year, as it honestly should. To be fair, I didn't really expect any huge announcements any way, since most of what constitutes football management is already in the game. I'm interested to see if/how the AI has been improved, etc. I enjoy playing Classic so I'm curious to see if they've done anything to that mode, outside of renaming it 'touch'.

The only thing that worries me is the new tactics screen, which looks pretty bad. I'll reserve judgment until I see more than just that one screenshot though.

Hard to say really as it's still in the early stages, admittingly not overly excited about the new features, I was hoping the whole transfer system was gonna get a make - over to come in line with the current transfer window/deadline ,to me it's by far the most exciting part of the football calendar.

Just out of curiosity, is SI in partnership with Sky Sports News now?

Imagine that, if we could have a Sky Sports News style deadline day implemented into the game, now that would be awesome!!

Pretty excited as normal, it's an annual event and I look forward to it more than my birthday! Hopefully they can improve the 3D match engine as I think if they can get it right it could be great. I will be taking November 13th off!

Or signify everything that's wrong with football. Either or.

Wrong? In what way?

I myself (and I'm guessing most footie fans) love deadline day and how SSN cover it, It be great if deadline day on FM could implement the excitement factor into the game, that was my point originally

Wrong? In what way?

I myself (and I'm guessing most footie fans) love deadline day and how SSN cover it, It be great if deadline day on FM could implement the excitement factor into the game, that was my point originally

It was a facetious point I suppose, but transfer deadline day is just another part of Sky drumming up hype where there isn't really any. Another overblown part, just for the sake of it. See also "The World, Best League In".

If you think transfer deadline day is a highlight, then fair enough, but I think it's sad that a day of talking to reporters trying to drum up hype (and not to mention the grim specter of Jim White) has now become more of an attraction than some cases of people actually playing. Personally, I'd rather they steered clear of any kind of cringey tie-in.

It was a facetious point I suppose, but transfer deadline day is just another part of Sky drumming up hype where there isn't really any. Another overblown part, just for the sake of it. See also "The World, Best League In".

If you think transfer deadline day is a highlight, then fair enough, but I think it's sad that a day of talking to reporters trying to drum up hype (and not to mention the grim specter of Jim White) has now become more of an attraction than some cases of people actually playing. Personally, I'd rather they steered clear of any kind of cringey tie-in.

Fair do's, Suppose it's each to their own, I personally love all the hype but I do agree on the Jim White point :lol:

Archived