What's your worst loss

I just had my worst loss, I'm doing a Big Euro Challenge as Castellon and got them from the third tier to the Liga BBVA. I just loss 7-0 to Real Madrid. I don't even feel that bad. I was expected to lose heavily and I'm paying my team $5.33 million per annum and they're paying there's $170 million

Whats your heaviest loss on football manager?

7-1 defeat against Napoli springs to mind, I was very annoyed at myself as it was the 2nd leg of a Champions league tie & I messed up on my team selection & tactics after winning the 1st leg 5-0.

6-0 to Celtic on my Bonnyrigg Rose save, but in our defense, their striker's weekly pay would pay our entire team's salary, with enough left over for a coach or two. We held firm for the first 30 seconds or so, then things went south.

Chicago Boxers 7-1 Miami Tocos. That one hurt, although the pain was softened by the fact that it wasn't just me they were thumping that season- they were hitting five or six every time they won... but they still only finished second.

I know you probably mean the highest loss ever but my most devastating loss was probably a win.

I lost my first leg CL semi final game to Barca with Dortmund in FM12 with 4-0 at the Camp Nou and didn't have much hope to get anything out of second leg but still went full attacking and managed to score the 5-0 at home in the 93rd minute just to concede the 5-1 in the 95th minute and go out on away goals.

I think this was the only time I almost cried because of football manager, football can be so cruel sometimes.

In terms of goals conceded I think I never conceded more than 5 goals tbh but I rarely ever manage super small teams who might get totally destroyed by a bigger team.

Worst loss:

Guarani FC 9-1 AD Manthiqueira

And my best win:

FBK Kaunas 8-0 Venta K.

I have a friend who reach on the World Club Championship final playing with AS Capoise from Haiti, and in the final he lost for 10-0 to Barcelona

4-0 against Real Madrid in CL semi final leg 1. on the next round in Old Trafford, I beat them 5-0. Though in their defense CR7,Pepe and Xabi are red carded in first half (both CR7 and Pepe get direct red card)

Not a score, but I just started a new season and after starting 2-0, I played my third game. My best player was a striker with 4.5 stars current rating and 4.5 stars potential rating. He scored two goals in the game; the second in around the 90th minute. Unfortunately, right as the clock said 92 minutes (only two minutes of injury time), my striker goes down with a torn hamstring and is out for three months. :/

I had a big push in a utd save on FM11 to get the full deck. Won the charity shield, had a 16 point lead in the league, had the league cup and eased past chelsea and spurs en route to the fa cup semi. Champs league was going well and we had bayern in the semi's. We came up against villa in the fa cup, at home. No major worries - we lost 1-4. I couldn't believe it. We flopped in germany, hammered 5-1. Came back home and lost 1-2. Destroyed my season and I was to say the least, angry. Sold 5 players as a result of it!

In my spurs save i was warned that a negative result vs everton would be my demise. Started up as usual, wasnt doing too bad untill the 9th and 13th minutes where jelavic completed a brace. Ithen went full ******/full rage and threw absolutely every man forward apart from the keeper, overload, take more risks. Game was 16-0 at FT.

I guess what annoyed me the most was that EVEN with 10 players in and around their box (including falcao, bale, sandro, vertongen) i couldnt score a single goal in 75 or so minutes.

In my spurs save i was warned that a negative result vs everton would be my demise. Started up as usual, wasnt doing too bad untill the 9th and 13th minutes where jelavic completed a brace. Ithen went full ******/full rage and threw absolutely every man forward apart from the keeper, overload, take more risks. Game was 16-0 at FT.

I guess what annoyed me the most was that EVEN with 10 players in and around their box (including falcao, bale, sandro, vertongen) i couldnt score a single goal in 75 or so minutes.

Who was your GK/back 4??? Jesus H!

In FM12 as Blackburn I lost 8-0 to Man U in the second competitive game under my management. My managerial career, unsurprisingly, did not last long.

I may be going off on a tangent here, but morten gamst pedersen was one of the worst players I have ever managed.

My worst result on my current save, in my own personal opinion, has to be a 2-1 defeat to Stoke in the FA Cup!

Performance wise has to be a 4-0 home defeat to Brentford & 4-1 away defeat to Hartlepool!

A recent one was my Havant & Waterlooville team getting destroyed 7-0 by Man City in the Carling Cup. (At this point I'm in 2027, finished 4th in the PL last season and qualified for the Champs League)

I blame my back-up keeper personally, he wanted game time so I let him have a run out and look what happened ;)

Just happened yesterday in the Euro League. Won the first leg of the semi final 4-0 against PSV Eindhoven. They beat my Freiburg side in the 2nd leg with 5-0 after they(!) had a red card on 29 minutes. Crazy. Made me pretty much hate my squad and almost resign at that point!

• 2 weeks later...

I just lost Dutch Cup final with Ajax against Feyenoord (!) 2-3. They scored 2 goals with 10 men and their winning goal came from corner in 90.+4 just after my right-back received two harsh yellow cards in one minute and was sent off by referee completely unfairly. Real bummer.

I just lost Dutch Cup final with Ajax against Feyenoord (!) 2-3. They scored 2 goals with 10 men and their winning goal came from corner in 90.+4 just after my right-back received two harsh yellow cards in one minute and was sent off by referee completely unfairly. Real bummer.

3-2's your worst loss?

3-2's your worst loss?

It's not about goal difference in my point of view, it's about how harsh it feels.

But about heavy losses in numbers: I was drawn against ManU in 2nd knockout round of Champions League and somehow managed to win 1st leg at home 3-1. I didn't expect much With 2 goal advantage I headed to Old Trafford with pretty optimistic mindset but my team was trashed 1:6 in 2nd leg and I was kicked out with 4-7 aggregate loss.

I like how this has become about harshest defeats as well as biggest, so here's one of each.

My biggest goal difference loss was on FM2012: Barca 10-0 Oviedo

Los Carbayones were just back to La Liga and our first game of the season was Barca away. Somehow we managed to better them in terms of possession of the ball but they were ruthless.

My harshest defeat was on a similar save, also on FM2012: Boavista 0-9 Benfica.

This needs a little background: I'd already had one save with Boavista and in the third round of the cup in my first season I'd been drawn at home against bitter rivals and biggest team in the country Porto. Somehow little third-tier Boavista managed to hang on to a 0-0 until the 90 minute mark. I was just formulating my plan for extra time when the commentary informed me that a penalty had been awarded, my first instinct was that I had been robbed of my chance to destroy my giant nemesis, but no, the penalty had gone my way and my 33-year-old centre-back captain was stepping up. He smashed it home, the whistle went. Jubilation. Then a couple of weeks further into the game, crash dump and corrupted save file. So, after a bit of moping I decided to start another Boavista save (my back-ups of the original had gone, can't remember why). I assembled a similar squad for my assault on the league and scraped through to the third round of the cup again, this time being drawn against Benfica. I figured this wouldn't be much of a challenge after vanquishing Porto but it turned out to be my biggest loss ever (until the aforementioned Oviedo adventure). That Boavista save was eternally tainted by the ghost of my greatest victory and I've never beaten Porto since that first save cocked up either so that 9-0 is a really bad memory.

Once lost 10-1 to Arsenal whilst managing Chelsea on FM07. Henry personally slaughtered us... but it was mostly due to my starting 11 consisting of B players and youngsters only since it was a friendly.

Funny thing is that I won the next match 26-0 :p.

9-0 defeat against Peterborough with Doncaster in the League One Playoff Final on fm11. With promotion just around the corner it was absolutely gutting to see my team be trounced at Wembley :(. At least i got promoted the following season. :)

5-0 against Bayern in a Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg I think. I had won the first game 4-0 somehow but then at their ground imploded, relied on an away goal to go through. If they had maybe 10 more minutes they would have won.

Did go on to win the thing though.

Worst loss was in FM11 I believe when my BSN Guiseley side got thrashed 10-1 during my second game in charge.

Harshest loss was in the same save a couple seasons on. Having gotten Guiseley to League 2 we drew Norwich in the FA cup Quarter Final. We'd gotten Norwich in cups in previous seasons and had always been thrashed by them. At Halftime we were down 7-0. We lost 7-6. Our star striker missed a CCC in the last minute of the game when he got a breakaway.

final Match day of the CL group stages, playing LOSC at home, a draw guarantees progression.

Lost 7-1 and are eliminated, but the worst thing was after I looked at the FT result in the other game, I could of lost up to 4-1 and still progressed... in the king of all nerd rages I deleted the entire 100 hour save.

Archived