Strikers in FM2009 = useless!

i don't know but they seem to be pretty much useless.i took ac milan now (had arsenal before and same problem) and after 13 games i made 23 goals ONLY 1 goal by shevchenko, the other 22 been scored by my midfielders.i'm about to play without any strikers .... SI fix that cause its kinda stupid?!:thdn:

Not sure why that's the case for you. In my latest demo game I play with a lone striker/target-man and rotate between two rather different types of players; one strong and tall fellow to get 'em with his head and a very quick and agile guy to run onto balls. They both average more than 0.5 goals per game so I'm pretty satisfied with the striker conversion rate.

I hate the saying but this probably is your tactics. If it's happening on a regular basis that your midfielders are scoring rather than your strikers it means your tactics are suiting them, rather than your front two. Try playing the ball to you strikers more often and restricting too many runs from deep from your middle four.

People have been playing all week without a problem - me included. My striker has 10 and 7 each in mid November, my wingers 5 and 3 and then two or three more players with 2s and 1s.

It's easier to improve when you don't assume everything that is wrong is a bug.

"It's your tactics..."
I hate the saying but this probably is your tactics. If it's happening on a regular basis that your midfielders are scoring rather than your strikers it means your tactics are suiting them, rather than your front two. Try playing the ball to you strikers more often and restricting too many runs from deep from your middle four.

ok thanks, i'll try that, but it's funny cause i never had this problem in 08.

i don't know but they seem to be pretty much useless.i took ac milan now (had arsenal before and same problem) and after 13 games i made 23 goals ONLY 1 goal by shevchenko, the other 22 been scored by my midfielders.i'm about to play without any strikers .... SI fix that cause its kinda stupid?!:thdn:

Your Shevchenko thinks he's back with Chelsea.

How are you managing to find a place for all those forwards?!

Injuries!! Except berba all my other strikers have been injured for periods of 1-3 months so squad rotation. Oh and yeah i forgot to mention balotelli too...another 3 goals from him :D

PS: I play arshavin as amc at times..

Robinho took 20 matches to get his first goal in my game (and predictably enough scored a second three minutes later) but my other strikers were banging them in. Tactics can be a factor, but you also need to rule out form before starting to think it is a bug.

Probably to do with the fact that shevchenko is ****. (Y)

Apologies for the bluntness.

If you can't get your strikers to score then you're going seriously wrong somewhere. I've got a save with Blackburn where I've reached January and Benni McCarthy and Roque Santa Cruz have formed a good partnership so that one is top scorer in the league and the other isn't far behind.

I also have an Arsenal save where I'm playing one up front and my striker isn't having any problems there either. On team and player instructions I didn't change anything on either game, so maybe you're just unlucky.

Calvin Zola has 5 in 5 for my Crewe side. I have noticed on other games that most goals come from midfield, although on FM08 it annoyed me sometimes the ridiculous amount of goals that some strikers scored. I suppose its hard to get the balance right.

Whilst i dont agree with the first post, i too am having trouble getting my strikers to score. Ass man consistently comments that most of my chances are from long range. Any pointers on how to create a few more 'clear-cut chances please? BTW i am Man Utd with Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov, playing a narrow 442 (wide wasnt working) with first notch of attacking mentalities across the board. I am winning games, just damn strikers not scoring.

Thanks Guys

When playing 4-4-2 down in the lower divisions (go Bradford...) my strikers are absoultely pants, they always shoot from 30/40 yards and have a total of 2 goals after 10 league games. However, I switch to 3-4-3 just te see if it would help and almost immediately they started scoring freely, average 2/game, didn't work for Millwall, still about as much use as Berbatov vs Celtic.

There is a 1on1 bug that's being looked at.

And lone strikers seem to be a lot better than 2 up front (again)

The only goals my strikers get are getting on the end of over the top long balls, they seem useless at getting on throughballs, dribbling past anyone, long shots, set pieces.

Ok, so I'm Fisher Athletic, but I still expect more than just hoof goals :(

Archived