European trophy with mediocre teams

I just want to know if someome has achieved european success with a mediocre team-reputation-6000-7000...In 15 yeras with rapid Bucuresti-qurter-finalist in Uefa cup in 2006) i managed just a uefa cup semifnal and 3 CL quarters, and some other quarters in Uefa also....If you have won CL or Uefa i would really like to know HOW

5 seasons? Are you some sort of messiah, like Martin?

lol no no no, generally I can't be bothered with lower division clubs but I got into this game.Some decent free transfers and work on the tactics done it for me.Never did win the league though :(:D

This was using the weggie update BTW so had to start in the Championship.

lol no no no, generally I can't be bothered with lower division clubs but I got into this game.Some decent free transfers and work on the tactics done it for me.Never did win the league though :(:D

This was using the weggie update BTW so had to start in the Championship.

So you are just like the messiah Martin

I won the CL three years in a row and two UEFA Cups with Palermo after six seasons..you may say they aren't a mediocre team but I sold the bandwagon players early on which left me with a crap squad for a while...plus I had my fair share of flops and financial troubles.

I have won CL & UEFA countless times with Olympiakos (~7000), Brann Bergen(~5.000) , Liege (~6.000)

You don't have to sign the biggest stars around , CA 140-160 players will do your job ; of course i am using a super tactic a tactical guru have made for me .

*Clubs from Spain, Italy,England & Germany shouldn't count

All pre-FM2007, reached the UEFA Cup final with Motherwell once - lost 1-0 to either Valencia or Atletico Madrid or Deportivo (can't recall really), who scored and then packed men behind the ball! :(

and I seem to recall beating Barca in the Champs League final with West Ham, many moons ago!

Reached the Champs League final with Werder Bremen, won it with Paris SG (not really small teams I know), but won it with AC Milan, so Werder/Paris are not really on a par with Milan. :)

I have won the Champions League twice with Coventry City. It takes time and alot of patience (first win was after 4 seasons). Really excited now for FM09 to come out cause I just cant get into the 08 game now that the new one is just around the corner. How are other FM fans dealing with the wait ?

Really excited now for FM09 to come out cause I just cant get into the 08 game now that the new one is just around the corner. How are other FM fans dealing with the wait ?

I'm dealing just fine, and i'm not all that excited tbh, I'll probably hold off on 09 until Christmas/new year time. I've lost interest in 08 because my pc got a virus and I lost my 15/16 season long save game, and just can't get into any of the new saves I have started.

I hate it when things like virus' ruin long term games, thankfully I've been lucky recently and aint had 1 for a good couple of years but I had a 20 season save on 05 or 06 and lost that due to a virus! Most annoying thing was I had finally reached a European final with Southampton but I had to loose it before I played it so they may have been the crappiest team I had won it with but we will never know! :( lol

I'm dealing just fine, and i'm not all that excited tbh, I'll probably hold off on 09 until Christmas/new year time. I've lost interest in 08 because my pc got a virus and I lost my 15/16 season long save game, and just can't get into any of the new saves I have started.

For someone who supposedly lacks interest you sure do post a hell of a lot

In FM06 I won it with Grindavik (Icelandic team) - no idea what their reputation was, but I'm pretty sure it was very low!

Not a sniff in FM08 though (infact I don't think I ever won the Champions League in FM07 either - my Derby County team always played like world beaters in the group stages and then lost their way :p).

I did actually make it to the semi-finals in my first season with Werder Bremen, but threw away the lead twice to draw 2-2 at home to Real Madrid and then got thrashed in Spain. In the seasons since then we have got progressively worse, last season we didn't even qualify from our group we were so naff :p

Won it with Charlton in FM07, infact, won it twice on the trott, crouch and klose up front \o/..

1st Season 10th EPL

2nd Season 4th EPL

3rd Season 1st EPL + CL Winners

4th Season 1st EPL + CL Winners

Without cheating! Selling Bent for 19mil was good :D

With the Rams

1st Season: 17th and FA cup Final (lost 3-0 v Arsenal who won the Premiership)

2nd Season: 7th and won the UEFA cup

3rd Season: 4th

4th Season: Premiership, Champions League and FA Cup (Won 3-0 against Arsenal)

5th Season: Premiership, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup

In my eyes you have cheated......You've cheated the poor buggers who lashed out 19mill on Darren 'Back of the net' Bent!

I can't help but agree with that statement. My team bought Bent for £16m and he was absolute rubbish.

Sad thing is, this wasn't on FM either. :(

And the smallest club I ever led to victory in Europe was Almeria.

I have won the Champions League twice with Coventry City. It takes time and alot of patience (first win was after 4 seasons). Really excited now for FM09 to come out cause I just cant get into the 08 game now that the new one is just around the corner. How are other FM fans dealing with the wait ?

uninstalled 08 can't play it so waiting.... and waiting... it goes so slowly

I've won champions with Spartak Subotica (currently in 3rd tier of serbian league) and Mendrisio Stabio (currently 3rd tier of swiss league). Its also been won with other previously unplayable teams in Northern Ireland, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Czech Republic and possibly some others I've forgotten as well as loads of non-league English teams. If you look in challenges forum you will see a lot, it just takes quite a few seasons.

I took Forest from league 1 to Champions League glory in four seasons. So close to being Brian Clough.

Erm won two Champions leagues with Man City. 1 premiership.

Three UEFA cups on the bounce with Fiorentina. Although this actually was really disappointing as i dropped down from the CL.

Thats quite a career actually when you see it written down.

Ive Previously took Portsmouth to Uefa Cup glory after 15 seasons. Not once did i finish 1st in the league though.

Think the cup final was against Bayern München, i do know it was a 77th minute goal though. I screamed so loud.

This was on FM08 by the by

Archived