Has anybody ever had a player score as big a fluke as this?!

Yepi

two days ago i had an equally weird thing, where cech took an offside free kick in his own area, hoofed it to terry, carlos vela tackled him, but during this cech had been running up the pitch, rugby full back style. vela just skipped past him and scored from the halfway line!

Was playing as Celtic against Hearts in the Scottish Cup final. We hadn't won anything else all year, so I needed to win the cup to keep the board on my side. 80 minutes down, we're 2-1 up, and looking good. We take a corner, which my striker heads towards goal, unfortunately bouncing off the crossbar.

It then falls to the feet of a Hearts player, who boots it down field. All the way down field in fact, into our goal. 110 Yards according to the commentary Artur Boruc had thought it wise to stand in the middle of the park while the corner was being taken. We ended up losing on penalties. What made it worse was that this Hearts player was the player who a 'former great' had picked out to be wary of, which I of course, completely dismissed. Unfortunately I was to enraged at the time to take a screen shot.

Oh, and needless to say, I had wrapped up a deal selling Boruc by midday the next day. :p

Not only have I seen it pretty often in FM08, but I have also seen it in real life in League 2 this season.

Ashley Carew (Barnet), scored with a fluke from a free-kick from just inside his own half on the right flank when he overhit the ball and it drifted over the GK who was slightly off his line and ended in the corner of the net with the GK falling over backwards.

I think it's something that happens in the poorer quality structures, (like N.Ireland, which was where I have seen it a few times), and the lower reaches of the bigger structures, (like England). I think that it happens less often than you would think because it requires an error from both teams.

It requires the pass to be overhit by quite and extent but not so much that it clears the bar, and it also requires the GK to be both out of position and slow in reacting when he realises he is out of position. (basically crap attacker and crap GK).

In FM07 I scored an own goal from about 30 yards out. I think I was playing with Birmingham and my lef back passed back to my goalie and my goalie fell and injured his leg while trying to receive the backpass. I would just love to have a screenshot, but it was with my previous computer and the savegame is long gone...

• 1 month later...

On CM 03/04, I had a centre-back put what looked like a wasted long ball from the halfway line into the back of the net.

The only bizzarre thing that happens on my game very rarely is the goalkeeper miskicking a backpass Paul Robinson style.

On CM 03/04, I had a centre-back put what looked like a wasted long ball from the halfway line into the back of the net.

The only bizzarre thing that happens on my game very rarely is the goalkeeper miskicking a backpass Paul Robinson style.

You should try having my 'keeper...

Had Rafinha do this twice from further out (both times only a little closer to the halfway line than my goal line, on the chalk of the right side) and Daniel Alves once as well from just behind the halfway line. Had a couple of others from very long range (from unlikely players), but the rest were all closer than yours.

As far as I can remember (I got bored of this save in Jan.) I had a player (can't remember the name, all I know is it's a Luxembourg CB I put in BSS) score a FK from like, 1/2 way into his own half, on the right-hand side of the pitch (not at the touchline, but...). TOTAL FLUKE. I was gobsmacked. Shame, though, as he never did it again before I started a new game.

Guest StenTomson
A few games ago for my Valencia team i had kameni score, Paul Robinson style, from a goal kick in the first few minutes of the game, the ball bounced just before the opposition keeper on the edge of his area and went over his head and crossed the line.

Same thing happened to mee too :)

Blah what a crap !

My DF is way better! He got the ball near his own area and shot... towards his own goal. and goooooaaaaaaall :p this happened to me a few times in FM05 or 06... had to reload cos i refuse to lose like that :p (never saw it happening to the AI team :/)

Archived