In all the years you've played FM

Which player (regen only) would you love to have back.

Mine would be a poacher, Leo Van Duijvenbode in my game in FM09, was the first time I was succesful with my team Newcastle, mainly down to him practically scoring in every game

Wish I had a screen shot of his stats, amazing he was

I grew quite attached :D

Craig Dean from my FM10 save, poacher who scored around 375 goals in 450 league appearances. Became a Southampton legend (after signing from West Brom for £4.5m) as a player, then became my assistant manager after he retired.

Adam Hoyte on FM11. Paid something like £500k for him, took a couple of seasons to get going, started off in under 18s for a bit, then reserves. I was planning on selling him as he wasn't anything spelling, but my number 1 forward got injured for a couple of months. He came on and never left the first team for 10+ years. Top goal scorer in the Premiership every season, in the end I sold him to Man U for something like £35m as he was getting on a bit. Biggest mistake I ever made...wish I kept him :(.

Sadly I no longer have that save with Spurs...shame as I was getting a new stadium named after me!

Izaias, a Brazillian striker that I plucked from their U-20 team while he was still on a youth contract. Paid about $1.3 million for him to sign for my Vancouver team in MLS. Fast forward four years and he had over 100 league goals for me in about 150 games, averaged over an 8.0 in my final season, and actually became a regular for the senior Brazillian squad. His CA was 173 when I had to abandon my game (FM12.)

Steve Jones 156 cap for Ireland player, who could play in ALL defensive positions from all across the back four to left and centre midfield, and right midfield after I trained him. Come through my youth team and stayed through his entire career before becoming my assistant.

I was planning on selling him as he wasn't anything spelling, but my number 1 forward got injured for a couple of months. He came on and never left the first team for 10+ years.g.gif

Little bit odd to copy/paste my post...including my crappy typo xD.

Matjaz Novak (C03/04). Came in for a League cup game and never left the first team for over 15 afterwards. The central midfielder would average about 20 goals a season, guiding my team Spurs team back then to major success. Just a shame he was Slovenian and they were rubbish back then, so he became the greatest player to have never played in a World Cup.

That game's been dead for ages, but I still remember him and quite a few of his teammates.

Mine is from C03/04 too. Had a Faroe Island Right Back called Mario Zanotti in my Dagenham save. Came all the way up from Division 3 (as it was then) to the Premier League. I just remember him coz he's the only decent Faroe Islands player I've ever, ever had in my many years of playing this game.

It was back a few versions ago during a long term game about 20 seasons in i got offered the job at Ajax, who had just finished mid table. On my first day i got offered £30 million for my main striker, not having any time to get attached i instantly agreed and sold him. After scouring the market i found a Welsh striker named Alan Evans, cant remember where from or for how much. But he single handedly won me 3 league championships, 3 Dutch Cups and 2 Champions leagues in the next 3 seasons, with over 50 goal a season

In the 15 years I have played this series I have never came across I player like I have in FM12.

I signed a regen when I was in the BSN with Nuneaton,He was 15 years old but went straight into my 1st team,he has played for me in every season and always got player of the year.

We are now in the Premiership(largely down to him)and he is still my star player,we are in our 2nd season in the Premiership and he still gets goals and a lot of assists(he is an AMC)the big teams come sniffing around for him but I just keep raising his asking price(40 million atm)

Simply a joy to have a player with the club for almost as long as I have been there and came up through the leagues with the team,I have already decided I will stay at the team until he retires and at which point I will then stop playing FM12(he is still only 21 so I reckon another 13 seasons to go).

Jesper Jorgensen, a striker I had on fm11 a Dundee United. By the age of 24 he had in all competitions played 284 scored 203 assisted 130. Nearly all my play came through him, he was free kick and corner taker plus scored loads of goals. He even notched his 100th goal for me against Barcelona in a 3-1 win. Sadly, in the end I had to let him go and stopped playing the save so never found out how his career ended.

A player called Steven Darby on FM06 - English midfielder, scored goals for fun from midfield. A kind of copy of Steven Gerrard but that little bit better.

stevied.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just signed a player called Steven Darby on a free! Same one I wonder...

(I know there is a real player called Steven Darby but I'm not sure if this is a regen or not.

Stuart English on FM10. He came through my academy at just the right time and was absolutely phenomenal. Averaged just under a goal a game for about 12 seasons.

It saddens me that I'll probably never have another player like him.

He's a real player.

Fondest memories I have is a striker on FM07 who helped guide my Elgin team from SD3 to SD1 & set us up for promotion to the SPL, still can't remember the lads name though.

I remember the day when I took Notts County up from league 2 to worldwide glory(this was on fm10).I had a regen called Ben Masters. Came through the youth and never left the club.

Played all over midfield and up front, score ~20 goals per season. I miss that save now. :(

I love these threads.

Mine is Jamal Lacoste on FM11. A French striker, he was released by Arsenal as a 17-year-old after the second season after not being offered professional terms, and I snapped him up for my mid-table Forest Green side in the conference. We'd battled for two years, but didn't have the class (or the funds) to make a genuine promotion push.

From memory he missed the first ten or so games with an injury, then scored on his debut. And kept scoring. We were promoted that season, then spent a season in League Two, three seasons in League One and another three seasons in the Championship. In each season he scored at least 20 league goals and at least 30 in all competitions, capped off by his second season in the Championship when he bagged 41 league goals.

We finally reached the promised land and we survived, primarily down to another 20 league goals from Lacoste, as he hit that mark in every in all five divisions he played in. Three seasons later he bagged 38 in all competitions as the club took part in Europe for the first time. By this stage I had made him captain, and he promptly led the club to a Europa League win the next season.

At the age of 32 he was limited to 15-20 minutes off the bench here and there, but he was still captain when we lifted the Premier League title for the first time, and we even won another during his career (although he wasn't captain then). At the age of 35 he finally hung up his boots and became my assistant. I stopped that save a few seasons later though. He remains the only player I've ever nurtured to a 'legend' at a club. I remember, when I got a new stadium, downloading FMRTE for the sole purpose of changing the name to "Stadia Lacoste", although I couldn't find the option to do so.

Here he is at age 23: the only screenshot I can find.

As you can see, nothing special, and I only checked his PA at the end of his career. It was around 135, but he still made around 700 appearances and scored around 400 goals, and he dragged the club up the divisions. The best part about him was he NEVER made noises about wanting to move to a bigger club, despite quite constant interest. The only time I ever received a bid was from Doncaster, after I had avoided relegation from the Championship and they had just dropped out of the top flight. Accepting £5.5M was the responsible thing to do for a club still bleeding cash, but he rejected the contract offer, of course.

I've never felt such an attachment to an FM player and I doubt I will again.

Ruben , was 23 and transfer listed at Barca for £220k, bought him for Man Utd, first season unspectatular, second season scored 60+ goals led me to Champs league glory, 3rd season did the same thing again.

But he got to big for his boots and wanted 200k+ a week , so sold for £50m to Inter , and bought in a regen called Ferrer for £35m who broke all Ruben's records.

But I still feel I like Ruben more due to going from being a reserve transfer listed player to a world beater , and making me a massive profit in the end as well....

There is two regens i'd love to have back. First Andreas Riemer from FM11 :

riemer.png

I had a strong link with this player. I bought him when he was 17 yo from Bayern and he was my player until his retirement, scoring almost 700 goals in his career.

The second one was from FM10 and that's the same kind of story. Bought very young and staying with me until his retirement. A great goal machine.

babin.png

I had a great GK in this game too but i can't find any sceenshot of him right now

one i dont wonna see back!!!! i recall a young Hungarian, winger i think he was, must have been 10 years ago now, i was Man Utd and i watched him for afew seasons playin in the Prem with Sheff Weds with overall ratings always in the low 8.0s, i had to go upto around £54mil to buy him, could i hell as get a decent game out of him in the first season!! one of the last times i played `champ man` i think. wish i could remember his name!!!

Oh and Eugene, i remember saivet!! was he not with the same team as mammadou sakho in the early days?

Found a picture of Craig Dean at 21. He broke one of his legs at 24 and lost - and unfortunately never regained - some of his pace (was still good though, around 17).

7craigdean.png

And this is the other guy who I would love to manage again. So many goals and assists (and a great name), might be my favourite player ever:

16alexandrosoikonomidis.png

quite a way back but a very early Eric Cantona that I had in FM Italia..... had a seasons Average rating of 10 and scored over 100 goals in a season...... proper unrealistic and not edited in any way ... I used to play the ultimate formation in FM italia of 2-3-5 with cantona at the centre of the 5 up front .. and play longball .... used to win every match and score at least 6 goals per game.... it was daft but fun.......

Archived