FM 2012 release... HOUR ?

If you buy it on Steam it will be released at 00.01 on Friday morning/Thursday night (dependent on your point of view :p)

You can activate any boxed copies from that moment.

The people who paid the extra to download the game from Steam get to preload it and therefore will just need a few seconds to activate it after midnight tomorrow. So for those of us getting discs, if we get it in the afternoon can we install it off the disc so that we're ready to do a quick activation at midnight too?

I envy you all being able to stay up past midnight to download/play this game. Unfortunately I will have to be in work the next day and will be in bed early.

I will be making my way to the shops after work on Friday, 1 boxed version of Football Manager. 2 bottles of wine. Flowers. And a steak.

The people who paid the extra to download the game from Steam get to preload it and therefore will just need a few seconds to activate it after midnight tomorrow. So for those of us getting discs, if we get it in the afternoon can we install it off the disc so that we're ready to do a quick activation at midnight too?

Yes. Get the disc. install it. And then wait for Steam to activate it.

cool .. hope when we install the game at Friday night (after work), most people should had activated the game already and thus can activate mine without a hassle

Yes, I fear I'll be one of a million hapless souls trying to activate at the stroke of midnight and crashing the system. We'll be tearing our hair out for hours and you'll waltz in and do it in seconds. Fair play.

Paid extra ? by getting it on Steam I am actually paying alot less than I have been in the past

So does the release time on Steam change based on what time zone you're in? If I'm in the US do I get the game at midnight in England or midnight here?

This time tomorrow iirc regardless of your time zone.

Umm I dont know if anybody else has the some notification as me (as I am in Australia)....but I have preloaded from steam and at 10am today (thursday) it was 24 hours until release. That would work out the same time as UK soo I am fine with that. BUT!!! Now it is saying it wont unluck for 1 day and 17 hours which makes it the 22nd October (Saturday)! WTF??

Steam have even changed the release from the 21st to the 22nd October.

What is going on?? Anyboday else seen this?

I wish retail shops were allowed to sell the boxed versions on Thursday so that we could activtae our games at 12am... as it is i have to walk into town on Friday morning, walk home install and play. By this time i'll have 348324 texts from my mates telling me how great the game is as they all pre-ordered from steam.

Umm I dont know if anybody else has the some notification as me (as I am in Australia)....but I have preloaded from steam and at 10am today (thursday) it was 24 hours until release. That would work out the same time as UK soo I am fine with that. BUT!!! Now it is saying it wont unluck for 1 day and 17 hours which makes it the 22nd October (Saturday)! WTF??

Steam have even changed the release from the 21st to the 22nd October.

What is going on?? Anyboday else seen this?

I asked SI about this on Twitter. They said it was definitely a mistake and will be unlocked at 10 AEST tomorrow.

Should I start playing the game as soon as its released at 00:01 if there is likely to be a patch released shortly after the game's unlocked

does not really matter when the patch is released since all game tweaks does not require any new save.

only database changes like transfers require new game.

does not really matter when the patch is released since all game tweaks does not require any new save.

only database changes like transfers require new game.

Okay cheers. I weren't sure if the data would be locked as there are a few transfers that have been completed over the past few weeks (Lua Lua, McFadden). Will these definitely not be included in the patch then?

Ok I realize this may sound stupid but does anyone know at which hour will the game be released on friday ? Will it be in the morning or in the evening ? Need to know if I'm gonna need some sick leave that day :D

I think you will find that question has been answered before - in every other thread opened in the last 48 hours!!!!!

Seems to me that there's going to be an awful lot of people all trying to activate their games on Steam at 00:01 tomorrow morning (me included) - do you think Steam will be able to cope ?
Yeah because most will have download and preloaded already. Thats why your allowed to preload, to keep server pressure to a minimum

Seems to me that there's going to be an awful lot of people all trying to activate their games on Steam at 00:01 tomorrow morning (me included) - do you think Steam will be able to cope ?

FM is easy peasy compared to when Steam has its biggest crunch time: at 10 AM US Pacific the day the big holiday sale begins.

why did Matt close this thread and not answer the question of why stream customers are allowed to buy and pre load early and retail shop customers not

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278973-Fao-Matt-Sega

It was answered. You are allowed to buy the game whenever you see fit. You won't be playing it before midnight regardless of where you are or how you purchase it.

Archived