An idea to spend your managers wage packet?

We all know that in the game we cant spend or do anything with your wages you earn. Everytime you go to renew your contract all you are bothered about really is the length of contract and the wage doesnt really matter.

Just an idea, but how about getting the chance to use your wages and bet on matches every week. Making up your own accumulators.

If you win and win big you can invest it back into the club and sign players.

Keep losing and go into debt, the players can get uneasy around you or your team talks can suffer due to your off the field financial problems.

Bit extreme maybe but just an idea to make use of the managers wage.

Don't shoot be down, just an idea. Or if anyone can think of using the managers wage and incorporate it back into the game some how?

I hate these type of ideas every time this sort of thread is opened there is usually a big negative response. For me spending wages is not needed in the game and the only idea I have ever seen that would slightly interest me was retiring your manager by buying a club and becoming chairman.

Wrong. It affects your security at the club.

For me the length of contract affects security, not the amount of money your on. The way it stands if I can put myself on £0 a week I would cause it puts more money in the clubs bank balance. Or I earn the money I should be allowed to re invest it into the club if I want!

For me the length of contract affects security, not the amount of money your on. The way it stands if I can put myself on £0 a week I would cause it puts more money in the clubs bank balance. Or I earn the money I should be allowed to re invest it into the club if I want!

I tested this myself once, got upto 225,000 per week on a 5 year contract then tried to get sacked. Couldnt do it :mad:

you are not allowed to bet on results if your a manager.... however things to do with your money could be something like, if you have made say £5m......and you decide to manage down in league two, use £2m to sign players.....this in return would build a huge support from the fans, maybe put some of your cash in, to help finance a new training facility or stadium or even stand, which can be named after you......use the money to buy out your own contract

Length of the contract means nothing if they pay you £0.

Contract length is just a multiplier.

I think something is needed as wages is just daft if your not using them. Maybe buying certain items like a fancy car, several houses, your own academy, your own TV show... then with the money you have you can invest to become chairman of a club. I'd like to see the player be able to do things on a business view.

I think something is needed as wages is just daft if your not using them. Maybe buying certain items like a fancy car, several houses, your own academy, your own TV show... then with the money you have you can invest to become chairman of a club. I'd like to see the player be able to do things on a business view.

Go in on a racehorse with SAF. :D

isn't betting on other football matches illegal (if you're in the sport)

i know it is in Australia, not too sure about England though

I don't believe it is illegal. Not allowed to bet on your own team to lose though. Betting on them to win is fine however.

The only thing, that I see that could be useful to spend your wages on would be language courses, to help improve communication with foreign players in your team. Also if you are thinking of taking over a national squad and don't speak a language.

SO, if for argument sake it would take you 200 days naturally to learn a language if you, went on a course it could cut it in half.

OP needs to buy Ultimate Soccer Manager.

my thoughts exactly. would it even run on a modern computer though?

No need to buy it, I believe it can be legally downloaded as it is abandonware.

Managers helping the club financially happens sometimes: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/18/tiki-taka-peter-reid-sacked

I am sure I read that Dario Gradi gave some money to AFC Wimbledon to help get them started as he used to managed Wimbledon in the late 70's.

my thoughts exactly. would it even run on a modern computer though?

No need to buy it, I believe it can be legally downloaded as it is abandonware.

Some people in the off topic forum have USM running on their PC's.

because FifaManager is such a successful title.......wait a minute.

It doesn't mean Football Manager should avoid all features that are in FIFA Manager.

There are good points to both games, and the ideal game would combine all these good points.

This however is not one of the good aspects of Fifa, my salary serves only to enhance my job security.

I have to invest enough time making sure I have the right players, staff, tactics, press relationship to be concerned with what colour my new car will be or what school I'm going to send by virtual children to.

Sorry to say this but SI must never, ever go down this route & tbh I would imagine that to a man/women the folk behind the game would agree.

This however is not one of the good aspects of Fifa, my salary serves only to enhance my job security.

I have to invest enough time making sure I have the right players, staff, tactics, press relationship to be concerned with what colour my new car will be or what school I'm going to send by virtual children to.

Sorry to say this but SI must never, ever go down this route & tbh I would imagine that to a man/women the folk behind the game would agree.

It can be made optional, of course.

And I doubt SI will take it this far if they go down this route - investing in clubs at most, I'd imagine.

SI stated the wage won't become an option to toggle on or off but IMO it makes not much sense dealing to obtain an higher salary considering this is only a cosmetic feature.

Someone says it could strenghten the manager position....I dunno I have never been sacked since my first FM07 so personally I do not feel it as a plus.

How about collecting your wages and SI games exchanging your saved wages for vouchers for things.

E.g. Save £1 million and trade them in to get money off vouchers for meat pies and bovril. It may make the match day experience better.

or flat caps and those inside out leather jacket thingies that managers used to wear.

or tracksuits with my initials on them.

How about collecting your wages and SI games exchanging your saved wages for vouchers for things.

E.g. Save £1 million and trade them in to get money off vouchers for meat pies and bovril. It may make the match day experience better.

or flat caps and those inside out leather jacket thingies that managers used to wear.

or tracksuits with my initials on them.

Butter leather, Schellas Hyndman style. :cool:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sites/league/files/imagecache/620x350/sites/default/files/image_nodes/2010/11/jacket.jpg

Well being on a higher wage does make the club less likely to sack you.

If you are on £80k per week for 3 years and they want to get rid of you after 18 months then it will cost them £6,240,000 to sack you. Not a nice amount to have to pay to get rid of a manager.

If you are in £5k per week then it would only cost them £390,000 to get rid of you.

The AI does recognise the amount it costs to fire you and will try to avoid doing it if it will cost a lot.

Ultimate Soccer Manager '98 :D Offering bungs and what not was the best part of that particular game to spruce up the gameplay... As for FM though it's a terrible idea it would totally ruin it. As mentioned above it's a bit FIFA-ish.. i e bad.

dont forget the infamous coaches pay you 13 million per week to work for you glitch :D

We all know that in the game we cant spend or do anything with your wages you earn. Everytime you go to renew your contract all you are bothered about really is the length of contract and the wage doesnt really matter.

Just an idea, but how about getting the chance to use your wages and bet on matches every week. Making up your own accumulators.

If you win and win big you can invest it back into the club and sign players.

Keep losing and go into debt, the players can get uneasy around you or your team talks can suffer due to your off the field financial problems.

Bit extreme maybe but just an idea to make use of the managers wage.

Don't shoot be down, just an idea. Or if anyone can think of using the managers wage and incorporate it back into the game some how?

you do realise it's illegal to bet on football right ? that is if you are involved with a club

If you really want to use managers wages for something let us buy new backgrounds with them. It would let those who want to use the managers wages do so with out affecting the game world. It would be like steam achievements you complete something in the game but get a reward that doesn't affect the way the game plays.

If you really want to use managers wages for something let us buy new backgrounds with them. It would let those who want to use the managers wages do so with out affecting the game world. It would be like steam achievements you complete something in the game but get a reward that doesn't affect the way the game plays.

It would still need someone to spend time writing code that could be spent on game play.

And we'd get threads about how the pink background clashes with their curtains of something.

Our wage just gives us a "score" to tell us what sort of level we're playing at. Also, it affects getting sacked and other clubs offering jobs, so it's far from cosmetic.

Archived